Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Phone call w HQ was nothing short of a disaster. Want me to pay to resubmit my cards (at $150 now, instead of the original $10 rate). I have 24 of 29 cards 67 Sox stickers I'd want reviewed (I think they are off by 1.5 grades or more), so that isn't going to happen. Rep read directly from company script, constantly said two graders saw your card, and finished with "sorry, I feel your pain. Goodbye." So, these will be broken out, SGC'd, and no longer submitting. Would buy newly graded cards because I believe they (vintage at least) are at least 1 grade lower than they used to be. Submit modern but buy vintage is the plan for the time being. Continue to be wary of buying older graded cards as indicated by old holders (though I know many folks simply re-holder cards).

Cheers!

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options

@envoy982 said:

@Jayman1982 said:
    closest I have to report is two value subs (modern and ultra) received Mar 11 and entered Apr 22

So the received > entered gap was pretty minimal, considering. It was a two month gap when I sent in Feb. I was just wondering how much lag there was if there was a million packages that arrived, were they not entered until June.

@Cyberhawk_27 I would email with the subject line "Do I have a problem order?" and I would try a phone call as well.

Yeah I just called them and she told me that my order is in grading step. Yeah me too I can look at the website. She couldn't explain to me why the CTD date is later than my entered date. Hopefully, that will be solved in the next days.

• Options
    TronTron Posts: 64 ✭✭

Well, it appears that there has been a shift back to idiotic grading standards based on my last 6 or 7 subs...I typically have an order pop daily and there was a sharp downturn that was definitely not gradual almost as if someone had a meeting with everyone and directed them to tighten things up. I had one order in particular where i received more 7's on one order than I've gotten combined all year long which was roughly 40 submissions. It would be comparable to silver which has been selling forever between 15 and 25 bucks and all of a sudden fell through the floor and was zero. It doesn't quite work like that without some sort of manipulation, there's really no other logical alternative reasoning when you submit at the rate that I do. The silver prices would be my gem rate for example...we all know there's some waves here and there but it typically reverts back to normalcy and levels out in the end. When you have a continuous stretch that extends beyond those thresholds into the redline you have to start considering that other factors are being applied and when you don't get what you paid for it will piss off the best of us to be frank...especially when it's so nonchalantly dismissed by them as if it's preposterous to even consider that a grader could possibly have his head up his...well, I think you all get where I'm goin w that

• Options

Well I don't know if it's a coincidence but my order has now advanced to assembly.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Just got these done via an Express order this week as a test run, and they came back exactly as expected . Now own a PSA 9 and two PSA 8 of the 24 available. Into storage they will go once back. Has a well known manufacturer produced surface related issue that all 24 to my knowledge possess ( I've seen 5 of the 24 produced in 15 years and so far all have it). Graded same standards as the prior PSA 9 was

1 1 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2007 Donruss Elite 58 Tom Brady Status Gold
    2 1 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2007 Donruss Elite 58 Tom Brady Status Gold

I cannot pass personal judgment on the new technology employed as it relates to vintage yet , as all my vintage specials are still in process. I can say I am seeing no noticeable difference ( so far ) in modern/ultra on my tier or retail , with the exception of major tightening of surface standards ( to be expected as that was the whole point of the new tech- to decipher surface alterations and issues). How the new tech has affected vintage-- well can only go on others 'reported" comments for now. Guess I'll learn myself later on when the first vintage sub pops.

I sincerely hope the higher ups there understand the importance of adjusting / modifying AI learning machines. Humans are well aware you cannot judge a vintage card produced under totally different production methods with a modern/ultra modern high end machined item of today. Applying today's card standards onto a 1950's card would be like comparing a 1930's Bugatti to a 2021 Camry. Two different era's and the AI machine learning system "hopefully" was properly programmed and adjusted to recognize such

Now- one thing I have noticed- and I'll keep a close eye on in the future- is some 'suspect" card damages :astonished:
    Which I noticed as far back as August of last year, and politely worded as such. Still occurring on subs. Not enough to major annoy ,but a few are "don't remember that' types of returns.

I am closely tracking whether or not I believe the humans we were promised would have final say on grades have done things correctly. So far- at least luckily for me- no "major" complaints. Bunch of minor inconveniences in the long run.

I can relate to the expressed frustrations of others. Hopefully don't have any "major" headaches on my future stuff
    We shall see as my 2 month "vaca" ( stopped subbing during surgery last year) should be ending Turkey week

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

@Cyberhawk_27 said:
    Well I don't know if it's a coincidence but my order has now advanced to assembly.

Same here:

Value Modern (25 Cards)
    Arrived = 10/29/20
    Logged = 01/25/21
    Grading = 06/30/21
    Assembly = 11/18/21

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

@Tron said:
    Well, it appears that there has been a shift back to idiotic grading standards based on my last 6 or 7 subs...I typically have an order pop daily and there was a sharp downturn that was definitely not gradual almost as if someone had a meeting with everyone and directed them to tighten things up. I had one order in particular where i received more 7's on one order than I've gotten combined all year long which was roughly 40 submissions. It would be comparable to silver which has been selling forever between 15 and 25 bucks and all of a sudden fell through the floor and was zero. It doesn't quite work like that without some sort of manipulation, there's really no other logical alternative reasoning when you submit at the rate that I do. The silver prices would be my gem rate for example...we all know there's some waves here and there but it typically reverts back to normalcy and levels out in the end. When you have a continuous stretch that extends beyond those thresholds into the redline you have to start considering that other factors are being applied and when you don't get what you paid for it will piss off the best of us to be frank...especially when it's so nonchalantly dismissed by them as if it's preposterous to even consider that a grader could possibly have his head up his...well, I think you all get where I'm goin w that

Would love to see front and back scans of a few of the 7's that you feel are undergraded. Thx

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:
    Just got these done via an Express order this week as a test run, and they came back exactly as expected . Now own a PSA 9 and two PSA 8 of the 24 available. Into storage they will go once back. Has a well known manufacturer produced surface related issue that all 24 to my knowledge possess ( I've seen 5 of the 24 produced in 15 years and so far all have it). Graded same standards as the prior PSA 9 was

1 1 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2007 Donruss Elite 58 Tom Brady Status Gold
    2 1 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2007 Donruss Elite 58 Tom Brady Status Gold

I cannot pass personal judgment on the new technology employed as it relates to vintage yet , as all my vintage specials are still in process. I can say I am seeing no noticeable difference ( so far ) in modern/ultra on my tier or retail , with the exception of major tightening of surface standards ( to be expected as that was the whole point of the new tech- to decipher surface alterations and issues). How the new tech has affected vintage-- well can only go on others 'reported" comments for now. Guess I'll learn myself later on when the first vintage sub pops.

I sincerely hope the higher ups there understand the importance of adjusting / modifying AI learning machines. Humans are well aware you cannot judge a vintage card produced under totally different production methods with a modern/ultra modern high end machined item of today. Applying today's card standards onto a 1950's card would be like comparing a 1930's Bugatti to a 2021 Camry. Two different era's and the AI machine learning system "hopefully" was properly programmed and adjusted to recognize such

Now- one thing I have noticed- and I'll keep a close eye on in the future- is some 'suspect" card damages :astonished:
    Which I noticed as far back as August of last year, and politely worded as such. Still occurring on subs. Not enough to major annoy ,but a few are "don't remember that' types of returns.

I am closely tracking whether or not I believe the humans we were promised would have final say on grades have done things correctly. So far- at least luckily for me- no "major" complaints. Bunch of minor inconveniences in the long run.

I can relate to the expressed frustrations of others. Hopefully don't have any "major" headaches on my future stuff
    We shall see as my 2 month "vaca" ( stopped subbing during surgery last year) should be ending Turkey week

From what I understand, Genamint technology isn't being used currently when assigning a grade to cards?

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

20 card value modern:
    Arrived - 3/3/21
    Entered - 4/15/21
    Grading - 11/19/21

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

@Kepper19 said:

>

From what I understand, Genamint technology isn't being used currently when assigning a grade to cards?

GENAMINT PRESS RELEASE
    OCT 21st,2021 MESSAGE FROM PSA
    Please see PSA Customer Service, Sales Reps, staff, and others like Todd and Nat at PSA should more clarity than my own expressed personal thoughts stated above about its "current usage in assigning grades" be required methinks :neutral:
    They can answer your query best.

I have my own ideas on what the public press releases say, and don't say , about the role the integration of the new "technology" is playing in grading ( today), based solely on my own personal PSA experiences. Convincing me its not in use and affecting final grading outcomes / decisions would require a major leap of faith the currently available personal experiences, hobby observations, and general facts say otherwise.

I gotta spend the next few days scanning for Thanksgiving weekend. Talk soon and enjoy your Turkey Day B)

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭

21 card value modern
    Received 2/23
    Entered 4/14
    Grading 11/15

• Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

@Tron said:

Yes Sir, after a 11 year hiatus (.5 grades pushed me away from grading), I submitted two lots last December. Received one back so far. Both submissions are from "Treasure troves" of 70's Football that I acquired in 2005. So, I have a history with these cards and have graded about 200. So far, I would say the cards from the first submission came back a solid one level low with some 1.5-2.0 short. Also, my history was pretty tight w grades, almost never getting 7's. The amount of 7's on the first submission was very surprising. On another note, there was also a trend that my "more expensive" cards seemed to take a bigger hit, that might be my imagination, but would be interested to know if anyone else feels that way.

I flipped a lot of cards back 2003-2009, the current cost of grading, perceived grading problems, and time to acquire will push me out once again. In fact, I have been selling a lot of my inventory I have held for 15 years. Seems they just took all the fun out of it. YMMV

Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options

RobBobGolf: I am with you man. No doubt vintage being held to a much higher (and impossible) standard.

I have noticed these newer holders are tougher to crack open. Older ones had the nice ridge on the side, easy pickings for a sharp screwdriver. Anyone with a patented and safe way to crack these guys open?

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@ejguru said:
    RobBobGolf: I am with you man. No doubt vintage being held to a much higher (and impossible) standard.

I have noticed these newer holders are tougher to crack open. Older ones had the nice ridge on the side, easy pickings for a sharp screwdriver. Anyone with a patented and safe way to crack these guys open?

this is my go to method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjyyqpZC04

but instead of those weak looking snips, I use a dremel tool to cut the corner or something more robust like these tile nippers:

• Options
    parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Cut straight down the middle of the label, from the top of the case, with a pair of dikes (also referred to as wire cutters). Apply just enough pressure to split the case. Done right the case will crack all the way to the bottom on both front and back. Gently pull the two halves apart. I haven’t done this on a newer case so if they are tougher they may not split as easily.

On another note. Had a little movement today, for those of you interested in where value modern order stand in the que.

25 card value modern
    Arrived 12/08/20
    Entered 2/16/21
    Assembly 11/22/21

Let’s see how long assembly, QA1 and QA2 take. Hopefully these will be back in my hands before the 1 year mark!

• Options

Thanks guys--'preciate it!!

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

@Jayman1982 said:
    It moved!

44 Card Value Modern

Received Dec 16, Entered Feb 18, Grading August'ish, Assembly Nov 25

I literally laughed out loud, thanks lol

• Options

I got a big move this week.

My Vintage 53 cards (Entered Jan. 21th) is in QA1 since Thursday.
    My Modern 52 cards (Entered Jan. 13th) is in assembly since I sent them an email to know why their CTD is later than my entered date last week.

• Options

It's never good with the Poppage thread goes three days without a comment.

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

I had an express order arrive yesterday but I’ve got nothing else. Maybe @Cyberhawk_27 had some movement?

• Options

I have an value ultra modern that was entered on 2/11 just hit qa1. I dont really want this one back....a bunch of Kyle Lewis cards. Modern value entered 2/19 is still in grading

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

These just popped from a bulk submitter under the 20 day economy service. Really hammered on the vintage Paige and Robinson, but the modern more than makes up for it. The Pujols gold refractor is a pop 1 with only 3 total graded.

6252XXXX GOOD 2 1953 Topps 220 Satchell Paige

6252XXXX GOOD+ 2.5 1954 Topps 10 Jackie Robinson

6252XXXX EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1959 Topps 380 Hank Aaron

6252XXXX GOOD 2 MC 1955 Bowman 179 Hank Aaron

6252XXXX EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1969 Topps 95 Johnny Bench All-Star Rookie

6252XXXX MINT 9 2001 Topps Chrome Traded T99 Ichiro/Albert Pujols

6252XXXX GEM MINT 10 2002 Topps Pristine 6 Albert Pujols Gold Refractor

6252XXXX POOR 1 1957 Parkhurst 5 Maurice Richard Jason Carter

6252XXXX NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2002 Bowman 99 Tom Brady Silver

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Screen shot of CTD’s from 10/24.
    Gives you an idea of how slow they have been moving! I have had quarterly special cards in Assembly for 2 weeks now. A quarterly special that was received a week later is still in grading. Not good!

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    Here's where I'm at

Value ultra modern
    Received 12/13/20
    Entered 02/17/21
    Grading 08/26/21
    Assembly - Not yet

Value modern
    Received 12/13/20
    Entered 02/23/21
    Grading 08/31/21
    Assembly - Not yet

Just an update. Both are still in grading (13+ weeks now). :'(

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@shawther said:

Screen shot of CTD’s from 10/24.
    Gives you an idea of how slow they have been moving! I have had quarterly special cards in Assembly for 2 weeks now. A quarterly special that was received a week later is still in grading. Not good!

Collectors Club Vouchers......don't understand that??? I thought they were on hold or are on hold. It says SEP 12. Confused by that. Some of the info to me doesn't make sense.

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 357 ✭✭✭

Pretty pleased with these grades for the most part. Lots of value here for $12/card. A couple of head scratchers, but isn't that always the case? (all 1993 stadium club cards were just busted from sealed sets) ...LOL. Just about all are available if anyone needs any of them for a fair price.

1 1 N3: EVIDENCE OF RECOLORATION 1975 Topps 223 Robin Yount Card
    2 1 55287741 NEAR MINT 7 1985 Topps 536 Kirby Puckett Card
    3 1 55287742 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Sportflics Rookies 11 Jose Canseco Card
    4 1 55287743 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Topps 100 Nolan Ryan Card
    5 1 55287744 MINT 9 1986 Topps 661 Roger Clemens Card
    6 1 55287745 NEAR MINT 7 1987 O-Pee-Chee 320 Barry Bonds Card
    7 1 55287746 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 O-Pee-Chee 361 Will Clark Card
    8 1 55287747 GEM MINT 10 1987 Topps 170 Bo Jackson Future Stars Card
    9 1 55287748 GEM MINT 10 1987 Topps 320 Barry Bonds Card
    10 1 55287749 GEM MINT 10 1987 Topps 648 Barry Larkin Card
    11 1 55287750 GEM MINT 10 1989 Donruss 561 Craig Biggio Card
    12 1 55287751 GEM MINT 10 1989 Topps 49 Craig Biggio Card
    13 1 55287752 MINT 9 1989 Topps 382 John Smoltz Card
    14 1 55287753 MINT 9 1989 Topps 382 John Smoltz Card
    15 1 55287754 MINT 9 1988 Topps 779 Tom Glavine Card
    16 1 55287755 MINT 9 1990 Bowman 320 Frank Thomas Card
    17 1 55287756 GEM MINT 10 1990 Topps 414 Frank Thomas Name on Front Card
    18 1 55287757 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1991 Topps 333 Chipper Jones Card
    19 1 55287758 MINT 9 1991 Score 671 Chipper Jones Card
    20 1 55287759 NEAR MINT 7 1993 Classic 4 Sport 260 Alex Rodriguez Card
    21 1 55287760 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1993 Pinnacle 457 Derek Jeter Card
    22 1 55287761 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1988 Fleer 57 Reggie Miller Card
    23 1 55287762 EXCELLENT 5 1989 Hoops 138 David Robinson Card
    24 1 55287763 MINT 9 1992 Classic Draft Picks 1 Shaquille O'Neal Card
    25 1 55287764 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1992 Classic 4 Sport 318 Shaquille O'Neal Card
    26 1 55287765 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 Stadium Club Beam Team 1 Shaquille O'Neal Members Only Card
    27 1 55287766 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 Stadium Club Beam Team 1 Shaquille O'Neal Members Only Card
    28 1 55287767 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1993 Stadium Club Beam Team 1 Shaquille O'Neal Members Only Card
    29 1 55287768 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 Stadium Club Beam Team 4 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    30 1 55287769 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 Stadium Club Beam Team 4 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    31 1 55287770 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 Stadium Club Beam Team 4 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    32 1 55287771 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 1 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    33 1 55287772 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 1 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    34 1 55287773 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 Stadium Club 1 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    35 1 55287774 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 1 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    36 1 55287775 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 169 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    37 1 55287776 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 169 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    38 1 55287777 NEAR MINT 7 1993 Stadium Club 169 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    39 1 55287778 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 169 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    40 1 55287779 MINT 9 1993 Stadium Club 181 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    41 1 55287780 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1993 Stadium Club 181 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    42 1 55287781 NEAR MINT 7 1993 Stadium Club 181 Michael Jordan Members Only Card
    43 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1993 Stadium Club 103 Scottie Pippen Members Only Card
    44 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1993 Stadium Club 64 Hakeem Olajuwon Members Only Card
    45 1 55287784 MINT 9 1990 Skybox 365 Gary Payton Card
    46 1 55287785 MINT 9 1995 Metal 167 Kevin Garnett Card
    47 1 55287786 NEAR MINT 7 1995 Upper Deck 273 Kevin Garnett Card
    48 1 55287787 MINT 9 1995 Flair 206 Kevin Garnett Card
    49 1 55287788 GEM MINT 10 1995 Ultra 274 Kevin Garnett Card
    50 1 55287789 GOOD 2 1995 Fleer 293 Kevin Garnett Card
    51 1 55287790 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1995 Stadium Club 343 Kevin Garnett Card
    52 1 55287791 MINT 9 1995 Fleer Rookie Phenom 1 Kevin Garnett Hot Packs Card
    53 1 55287792 MINT 9 1996 Score Board Basketball Rookies 15 Kobe Bryant Card
    54 1 55287793 NEAR MINT 7 1996 Score Board Basketball Rookies 15 Kobe Bryant Card
    55 1 55287794 GEM MINT 10 1996 Score Board Basketball Rookies 15 Kobe Bryant Card
    56 1 55287795 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1996 Collector's Choice Mini II Jermaine O'Neal/Kobe Bryant/Kevin Garnett Card
    57 1 55287796 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1996 Hoops 281 Kobe Bryant Card
    58 1 55287797 MINT 9 1996 Skybox Premium 55 Kobe Bryant Card
    59 1 55287798 MINT 9 1996 Topps 138 Kobe Bryant Card
    60 1 55287799 NEAR MINT 7 1996 Ultra 82 Allen Iverson Card
    61 1 55287800 GEM MINT 10 1996 Score Board Basketball Rookies 1 Allen Iverson Card
    62 1 55287801 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1996 Score Board Basketball Rookies 81 Allen Iverson Card
    63 1 55287802 NEAR MINT 7 1996 Collector's Choice Draft Trade DR1 Allen Iverson Draft Trade Card
    64 1 55287803 MINT 9 1996 Upper Deck 280 Steve Nash Card
    65 1 55287804 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1997 Score Board Basketball Rookies 83 Kobe Bryant Card
    66 1 55287805 MINT 9 1997 Score Board Basketball Rookies 83 Kobe Bryant Card
    67 1 55287806 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1998 Flair Showcase 25 Vince Carter Row 3 Card
    68 1 55287807 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2003 Topps 225 Dwyane Wade Card
    69 1 55287808 GEM MINT 10 2004 Flair 35 LeBron James Card
    70 1 55287809 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2004 Bazooka 100 LeBron James Card
    71 1 55287810 MINT 9 2004 Topps Total 4 LeBron James Card
    72 1 55287811 MINT 9 2007 Fleer 212 Kevin Durant Card
    73 1 55287812 MINT 9 2003 Netpro 70 Rafael Nadal-Parera Card
    74 1 55287813 MINT 9 2003 Netpro 70 Rafael Nadal-Parera Card
    75 1 55287814 MINT 9 2003 Netpro 70 Rafael Nadal-Parera Card
    76 1 55287815 GEM MINT 10 2003 Netpro 70 Rafael Nadal-Parera Card
    77 1 55287816 GEM MINT 10 2003 Netpro 70 Rafael Nadal-Parera Card
    78 1 55287817 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1990 Action Packed Rookie Update 46 Shannon Sharpe Card
    79 1 55287818 MINT 9 1998 Topps Chrome 44 Charles Woodson Card
    80 1 55287819 MINT 9 1998 Topps Chrome 44 Charles Woodson Card
    81 1 55287820 MINT 9 1998 Topps Chrome 44 Charles Woodson Card
    82 1 55287821 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1998 Topps Season Opener 26 Charles Woodson Season Opener Card
    83 1 55287822 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1998 Finest 142 Charles Woodson w/Coating Card
    84 1 55287823 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Fleer 352 Dave Stachelski/Tom Brady Glossy Card
    85 1 55287824 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Fleer 309 Brian Urlacher Glossy Card
    86 1 55287825 MINT 9 2000 Fleer 299 Emmitt Smith Glossy Card
    87 1 55287826 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Fleer Tradition Glossy Traditional Threads Marshall Faulk Card
    88 1 55287827 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 2002 Topps Chrome 150 Tom Brady Card
    89 1 55287828 MINT 9 2002 Topps 248 Tom Brady Card
    90 1 55287829 GEM MINT 10 2004 Fleer Tradition 324 Tom Brady Card
    91 1 55287830 NEAR MINT 7 2005 Topps 10 Tom Brady Card
    92 1 55287831 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2005 Topps 352 Tom Brady Card
    93 1 55287832 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2005 Topps Chrome 46 Tom Brady Card
    94 1 55287833 GEM MINT 10 2007 Bowman Chrome BC172 Tom Brady Card
    95 1 55287834 NEAR MINT 7 2007 Topps 28 Tom Brady Card
    96 1 55287835 MINT 9 2007 Topps Draft Picks & Prospects 4 Tom Brady Chrome-Black Refractor Card
    97 1 55287836 GEM MINT 10 2007 Press Pass 103 Adrian Peterson Card
    98 1 55287837 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2007 Topps 320 Calvin Johnson Card
    99 1 55287838 GEM MINT 10 2007 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere 15 Calvin Johnson Card
    100 1 55287839 GEM MINT 10 2007 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere 18 Marshawn Lynch Card
    101 1 55287840 GEM MINT 10 2007 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere 21 Adrian Peterson Card
    102 1 55287841 GEM MINT 10 2007 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere 26 Joe Thomas Card
    103 1 55287842 MINT 9 2007 Topps Chrome TC264 Joe Thomas Blue Refractor Card
    104 1 55287843 MINT 9 2006 Leaf Certified Materials 86 Tom Brady Mirror Red Card
    105 1 55287844 NEAR MINT 7 1994 Fleer Jam Session 55 Grant Hill Card
    106 1 55287845 MINT 9 1995-96 Fleer Jam Session Fuel Injectors F6 Shaquille O'Neal Card
    107 1 55287846 NEAR MINT 7 2007 Topps Triple Threads 149 Joe Thomas Autograph Relic-Sapphire Card

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

mailed 12/11/20
    logged 2/19/2021
    just popped today

• Options

@azvike said:
    mailed 12/11/20
    logged 2/19/2021
    just popped today

Value modern?

• Options

yes

• Options

@nam812 said:

@nam812 said:
    Here's where I'm at

Value ultra modern
    Received 12/13/20
    Entered 02/17/21
    Grading 08/26/21
    Assembly - Not yet

Value modern
    Received 12/13/20
    Entered 02/23/21
    Grading 08/31/21
    Assembly - Not yet

Just an update. Both are still in grading (13+ weeks now). :'(

You should see movement soon. Your subs always seem to be right behind mine.

23 card Value Ultra Modern
    Arrived 12/8/20
    Logged 2/16/21
    Grading not real sure
    Assembly 11/22/21
    QA1 11/29/21
    QA2 12/1/21
    Popped…hopefully before the weekend

• Options

@azvike said:
    mailed 12/11/20
    logged 2/19/2021
    just popped today

Value Modern (25 Cards)
    Arrived = 10/29/20
    Logged = 01/25/21
    Grading = 06/30/21
    Assembly = 11/18/21
    QA1 = Hopefully before their Logiversary...

• Options
    edited December 1, 2021 6:10PM

@jeffcbay said:

@azvike said:
    mailed 12/11/20
    logged 2/19/2021
    just popped today

Value Modern (25 Cards)
    Arrived = 10/29/20
    Logged = 01/25/21
    Grading = 06/30/21
    Assembly = 11/18/21
    QA1 = Hopefully before their Logiversary...

That's infuriating that you were logged about 3 1/2 weeks before his in the same service level.

Edited to add: I know there has never been any type of first in/first out system in the past, but I thought there was now since they've been trying to catch up. I guess not.

• Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

Value Vintage
    Arrived: 12/14/20
    Entered 2/18/21
    Been in assembly 3 weeks now. 13 days until 1 year anniversary of sending them

monthly special entered same dates was received 2 weeks ago

Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I have a quarterly special entered 2/15/21 that has been in assembly for almost 3 weeks now. Another quarterly special entered 2/22/21 that hasn’t even hit assembly yet.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2021 6:56AM

Is anyone else finding that PSA is damaging corners of your cards? Whatever controls they have in place to keep our cards safe are not working. Most of the damage is from corner dings, almost as if someone dropped the cards, or if the cards were loose and unprotected in a tray and jostled.

I haven't seen PSA meaningfully discuss this issue. There must be so many cards that have been damaged by now, since this first started popping up as an issue last year. Prior to last year, PSA had never damaged a card of mine in their possession that I noticed. Now, it happens in basically every order coming back.

-Nathanael

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    Is anyone else finding that PSA is damaging corners of your cards? Whatever controls they have in place to keep our cards safe are not working. Most of the damage is from corner dings, almost as if someone dropped the cards, or if the cards were loose and unprotected in a tray and jostled.

I haven't seen PSA meaningfully discuss this issue. There must be so many cards that have been damaged by now, since this first started popping up as an issue last year. Prior to last year, PSA had never damaged a card of mine in their possession that I noticed. Now, it happens in basically every order coming back.

-Nathanael

I had it happen on several cards on multiple orders. I had a string of 1979 stars that were all graded a 4 because of it. Very infuriating.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

Had an ultra modern sub pop today. 21 cards. Sent on 11/20/2020, "arrived" 12/1/2020, "entered" 2/10/2021.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 54561144 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps 1983 Topps Baseball 4 Mookie Betts Card
    2 1 54561145 EXCELLENT 5 2017 Topps Archives 177 Nomar Garciaparra Card
    3 1 54561146 MINT 9 2017 Topps Now 591 Mookie Betts Card
    4 1 54561147 MINT 9 2017 Topps Now 135 Craig Kimbrel/Mookie Betts Card
    5 1 54561148 MINT 9 2018 Topps Now 103 Boston Red Sox Card
    6 1 54561149 MINT 9 2018 Topps Now Moment of the Week Mow-3 Mookie Betts/Ted Williams Card
    7 1 54561150 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Now 156 Mookie Betts Card
    8 1 54561151 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Now 169 Mookie Betts Card
    9 1 54561152 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps Now 66 Chris Sale/Mookie Betts Card
    10 1 54561153 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Now 62 Boston Red Sox Card
    11 1 54561154 MINT 9 2018 Topps Now 92 Mookie Betts Card
    12 1 54561155 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps Now 724 Mookie Betts Card
    13 1 54561156 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps Now 488 Mookie Betts Card
    14 1 54561157 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps 1983 Topps Baseball 100 Wade Boggs Card
    15 1 54561158 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Now 97 Rafael Devers Card
    16 1 54561159 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps 61 Xander Bogaerts Card
    17 1 54561160 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps 161 Mookie Betts Blue Jersey Card
    18 1 54561161 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps 229 David Ortiz Card
    19 1 54561162 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps 242 Mookie Betts Card
    20 1 54561163 GEM MINT 10 2017 Topps 350 David Ortiz Swinging Card
    21 1 54561164 MINT 9 2017 Topps 283 Andrew Benintendi Batting Card

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

67% Gem Rate on those, @canyoubelieveit Nice!!!

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options

@scmavl said:

Yeah, I am pretty happy with this. I don't know what happened with my Nomar card. I obviously missed something significant!

• Options

@canyoubelieveit said:

@scmavl said:

Yeah, I am pretty happy with this. I don't know what happened with my Nomar card. I obviously missed something significant!

Check for a crease that wasn't there when you sent it in, you seem to know what to look for and I would bet my left nut you didn't miss a PSA 5 card. If you find damage be sure to start a case within 5 days of receiving the package.

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Two orders hit grading today.

Value Vintage (1971-)
    Arrived: 03/09/21
    Entered 04/19/21
    Grading 12/02/21

Value Ultra Modern (2018+)
    Entered 04/19/21
    Grading 12/02/21

• Options

@jayhawke said:
    Two orders hit grading today.

Value Vintage (1971-)
    Entered 04/19/21
    Grading 12/02/21

Value Ultra Modern (2018+)
    Entered 04/19/21
    Grading 12/02/21

That is quite the delay between other orders. I have 4 orders that arrived 2/24/21, entered 4/7/21 and all hit grading the last week of October. So it took another month+ to get your cards into grading that were entered just 12 days after mine. I don't know if that's telling as to how many packages were received during that time or not...

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

These look like conception and due dates more than anything with cards. WTH.

• Options

@Mickey71 said:
    These look like conception and due dates more than anything with cards. WTH.

It’s the gestation period of a manatee

• Options

21 card Value Ultra Modern
    Arrived 12/8/20
    Logged 2/16/21
    Grading not real sure
    Assembly 11/22/21
    QA1 11/29/21
    QA2 12/1/21
    Popped 12/2/21

Very pleased with these 17/21 Gems!

MINT 9
    2018 Topps Fire 181 Juan Soto
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Throwback Thursday 184 Juan Soto
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Living 43 Juan Soto
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Living 43 Juan Soto
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Throwback Thursday 191 Juan Soto/Ronald Acuna Jr.
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT25 Ronald Acuna Jr.
    Card
    MINT 9
    2018 Bowman Mega Box Chrome BCP1 Ronald Acuna Running
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Throwback Thursday 187 Ronald Acuna Jr.
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Chrome 193 Ronald Acuna Jr.
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Topps Chrome 72 Ozzie Albies White Jersey-Prism Refractor
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Bowman Prospects Chrome 114 Fernando Tatis Jr.
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Bowman Mega Box Chrome Rookie of the Year Favorites So Shohei Ohtani
    Card
    MINT 9
    2019 Bowman Prospects Chrome 100 Wander Franco
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2019 Topps Opening Day 18 Kyle Tucker
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2019 Bowman Mega Box Chrome 71 KE'Bryan Hayes
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Finest Autographs FA-Mfr Max Fried Blue Refractor
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP244 Kyle Lewis Green Shimmer
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2019 Bowman Paper Prospects BP82 Marco Luciano
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2019 Bowman Mega Box Chrome 123 Yordan Alvarez
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2018 Bowman Chrome 34 Walker Buehler Refractor
    Card
    MINT 9
    2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Autographs Bcpaer Edwin Rios

• Options

@Jayman1982 said:

@canyoubelieveit said:

@scmavl said:

Check for a crease that wasn't there when you sent it in, you seem to know what to look for and I would bet my left nut you didn't miss a PSA 5 card. If you find damage be sure to start a case within 5 days of receiving the package.

unless you took pictures before submitting, I can't see how he would have a leg to stand on in trying to prove PSA made the crease, no?

• Options

@Kepper19 said:

@Jayman1982 said:

@canyoubelieveit said:

@scmavl said:

unless you took pictures before submitting, I can't see how he would have a leg to stand on in trying to prove PSA made the crease, no?

We have to try to do something, we can't just let it become normal for cards to be damaged. Taking the "hey, it's the new PSA, they have a lot of cards to grade and some will get butchered, oh well" mentality is going to lead to a much poorer experience with them in the long run. If they are a well managed company they will listen to their customer complaints and do something about it, but only if we all voice up and make sure they are hearing about every damaged card.

I agree, it's most likely a lost cause, I personally have 5 cards with them now for a QA review, but something has to be done. This was never an issue before the massive influx of cards. I certainly won't be scanning and taking multiple date stamped photos of bulk order cards, but that shouldn't discount my claims of damage. I'm not talking about slightly whited corners, I'm talking about visibly bent and dinged corners, large creases visible to the naked eye, edge dents, etc...

ps. inspect 9's and 10's as well, part of my QA return includes a Gem 10 with a bent corner.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2021 7:30AM

Was shocked to see one of my subs from the great backup move to grading today;

Value Modern (27 cards)
    "Arrived" 3/8/21 (more like early Feb as I recall)
    Entered 4/19/21
    Grading 12/3/21

Mike
    Bosox1976