Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Purchases - A feast of cards!

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chargers49ersLakers

Nimoy must have loved those episodes when Spock got to act out of character. Beautiful card!

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    @Chargers49ersLakers

Nimoy must have loved those episodes when Spock got to act out of character. Beautiful card!

He's so much fun in that episode, running around and climbing trees with Jill Ireland. "Oh, Jim...we're going to have to get you straightened out!"

• Options
    Chargers49ersLakersChargers49ersLakers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2021 8:18AM

@GDM67 said:

@PaulMaul said:
    @Chargers49ersLakers

He's so much fun in that episode, running around and climbing trees with Jill Ireland. "Oh, Jim...we're going to have to get you straightened out!"

One of my fav scenes is when Spock sees that Kirk is not dead, and he gets this big stupid grin on his face and yells "JIM!!!" Spock was soooooooo HAPPY!!! hahahaha!

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

That episode had lots of great lines. “You belong in the circus Spock….right next to the dog-faced boy!”

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:
    Great cards, all! I finally got this card in from 4SC this week. I've always wanted this in a PSA 10 since I was a kid but really cannot afford the 10 pricing (and they are sooo rare). So a 9 will have to do!

I am right with you. That is a great card. I have has several raw. No 10 candidates. I do have an unopened 92 Fleer magazine box ( only packs that had Rookie Sensations) but I doubt I ever rip it

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I saw this at Goodwill and had to pick it up. :wink:

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2021 6:10PM

Still in comic book / other collecting mode here. Just dropping in to live vicariously through others' pickups. Great pickups :)

• Options

jesse6131414
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Wow! That Acuna is a fantastic pickup. Congrats!

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Ronald Acuna

• Options

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Still in comic book / other collecting mode here. Just dropping in to live vicariously through others' pickups. Great pickups :)

Post some pics. we're broad minded.

• Options

@GDM67 said:

@hyperchipper09 said:

Post some pics. we're broad minded.

Or broad butted like me............

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great feller Mike is

• Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite QB growing up

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hankcaddy said:

MVP Fly to Philly this weekend to watch my Saints. Cant wait.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    Roughly 3 years ago I sold off 95% of my collection to get married and buy a house. I'm now starting to piece that collection together again, with my Patrick Roy PC over 70% completion and cards needed getting tougher to come by. Here's the first group of football pickups this week:

I also managed to add another /10 Patrick Roy card into my PC:

Awesome starting the journey again?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2021 12:23PM

Awesome starting the journey again?

Yes, to an extent. I had amassed a decent amount of lower-mid grade vintage baseball prior to that, but I think I am going to focus less on that again, at least for a little while. I do miss my '55 and '56 Mantles, but they may be out of my comfort range now.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmh111985 i was a huge Avs fan back in the day. Love that card with Roy and Sakic!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

@Barfvader said:

At 60 cents I couldn't pass it up. :D

I had a couple of those. I wonder if I still have one or if they all broke and got tossed. If one survived and is functional, there is a good chance I still have it.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.