Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Purchases - A feast of cards!

124»

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    @1959 ......maybe I should crack it out and resubmit ....... :)

I think he was referring to the 1960 Mantle above yours.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Let my original one go around the time of his induction because prices were seemingly a little too crazy. Blind squirrel finds a nut and on this one, the price was right so I got this one to replace that one.

1993 Topps #95 Derek Jeter

I convinced my sisters to buy this for me 3-4 years ago for $115, and at the time it was on the pricey side with the new lighthouse label. I'm pleased how its matured like a fine wine.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I was referring to the 1960. from 1951wheaties. Yours, I think it wise to leave in the holder.

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

November purchases.

1st up was a lot of 6 described as great shape which could mean just about anything but price was roughly $1.60 each so gave it a shot. (Sorry about the quality but it's dingy here today and using a flash is impossible to get a good pic that way as well).

Mixed bag as far as great shape goes.

Steven & Sterling – One Magic Night (Still sealed/cut-out notch lower left).
    Angela Bofill - Let Me Be The One (VG+ clean copy with minimal noise here and there).
    Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman (VG+ Lower end of grade should be upper end once cleaned).
    Bell & James - Bell & James (G Lots of scuffs and scratches. Noise overpowering throughout playback,cover water stained/Version not listed on Discogs).

ADC Band – Talk That Stuff (VG Lots of light scratches causing some clicks otherwise very clean).
    Jonathan Butler - Introducing Jonathan Butler (VG+ Nice clean copy with minimal noise here and there).

And for whatever reason the Steven & Sterling one has sold on Discogs this year in the $13ish to $28ish (7 of 10 sales to overseas). No sales on eBay but Buy-It-Nows from $15.99 to $70 (both used and sealed copies). Prices are probably fueled by sellers looking at Discogs.

And couldn't pass this up on Amazon for $12.50 ($13.19 with tax).

Haven't opened it yet but I will be doing so. Although more a metal kinda guy (and disco and doo wop and classic country and dance and, well, you get the point) I really enjoy Garth plus I can play some of his stuff on acoustic guitar (not great but you can tell what it is) and the wife enjoys listening to me butcher his stuff as well. :D