Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Purchases - A feast of cards!

Comments

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2021 8:01PM

Stopped back and went through his .50 - $5 bin and pulled out a few cards .. the one card is a stitched card
    ( 2020 topps update box loader Max Kepler )

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Pop. 36 of the gentle HR KING............Bonds ain't quite the same. Is there ever a bad time to pick up a PSA 9 Aaron?

1963s are tough in high grade because of the colored nameplate. Congrats on a great pickup!

Add to that centering and PD (frost) and yes 63’s are tuff. Still looking for a nice Berra.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2021 2:36PM

Very excited by the arrival of this excellent piece of baseball ephemera; this postcard depicts the teams that played in Tokyo, headlined by the American All Stars featuring Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx and Connie Mack among many other American League stars, whose facsimile signatures adorn the cards and help to identify them. A marvelous piece of history and a nice companion for my Babe Ruth card from the same tour…

1934 Tour of Japan American and Japanese All Stars Postcard

This one is elusive to say the least…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    This just arrived Friday. It is an upgrade for the PSA 8 in my 64 Stand-up set.

This is a beauty!! Wow.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles I've always enjoyed picking up old Sports Illustrated, Sport Magazine, etc from garage sales, antique malls, and flea markets. The photography is a big draw, and the articles oftentimes contain little nuggets that seem to have been lost to history. One example is when I read that the Royals were one of the final teams in on Pete Rose's free agency when he left the Reds for the Phillies. Another was that the Royals and Orioles had discussed with some seriousness the parameters of a Jim Palmer trade in the early 70s. I had never heard either of those rumors before. Some of the print advertisements can be absurdly funny, too, when viewed through today's lens.

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    @Rofles I've always enjoyed picking up old Sports Illustrated, Sport Magazine, etc from garage sales, antique malls, and flea markets. The photography is a big draw, and the articles oftentimes contain little nuggets that seem to have been lost to history. One example is when I read that the Royals were one of the final teams in on Pete Rose's free agency when he left the Reds for the Phillies. Another was that the Royals and Orioles had discussed with some seriousness the parameters of a Jim Palmer trade in the early 70s. I had never heard either of those rumors before. Some of the print advertisements can be absurdly funny, too, when viewed through today's lens.

It’s definitely been a blast reading through it! Advertisements are definitely funny, AND I’ve learned SO MUCH too about players I love! I will definitely be going back to get others! Lol

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2021 6:57PM

Who wants to see some Disco/funk additions to my collection? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Was described as all being VG+. Yeah, not quiet but price was cheap (shipping cost more then the records). Bonus is it features the famous American Werewolf in London, David Naughton.

Great job of packing. Opened it up and, HOLY SCHNIKES, a pizza!

Reality set in and no pizza. Just a stupid empty box. :'(

Records in the lot with grades I gave

David Naughton - Makin It (VG+ needs cleaning but plays great)
    Tasha Thomas – Shoot Me (With Your Love) 12inch single (VG+ after cleaning)
    The Salsoul Orchestra - Up The Yellow Brick Road (VG+ Minimal noise in quieter sections CRC Columbia Record Club sticker on back/not listed on Discogs)
    The Salsoul Orchestra - Salsoul Orchestra (VG+ Needs cleaning but plays with minimal noise)
    Fever – Standing In The Shadows Of Love 12inch single (VG+ Needs cleaning. Label variation not listed on Discogs)
    John Kasandra - Color Me Human (VG+ record/G+ Cover Mono Promo version/Cover shelf wear, 4 seam splits)

Kool And The Gang - Ladies Night (VG pops and clicks throughout. Visual defects as well)
    Thelma Houston & Jerry Butler ‎– Two To One (VG Crackles at the start but gets better as it plays)
    Love Rock - Various (Ronco) (VG Snap, crackle and pop)
    The Brothers Johnson ‎– Blam!! (VG surface noise/clickety crackle in quiet sections)

The Brothers Johnson ‎– Right On Time (G+ Lots of loud clicks but good sound when not being overpowered by the clicks)

Morris Jefferson – Spank Your Blank Blank 12inch single (Poor Scratches and scuffs/lots of noise. Label variation not on Discogs) from the album of the same name

https://www.discogs.com/master/104816-Morris-Jefferson-Spank-Your-Blank-Blank

Before and after cleaning.

Pics of the lot.

The final 6 above were empty covers thrown in as padding.

Cool lot of stuff I didn't have with most being playable but such a crap shoot buying vinyl online.

Edited to add:

And this showed up today.

$4.14 delivered and fits my collecting needs just fine.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

here is a few more 96 finest refractors this month.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

what year is this box? i really do not pay attention to unopened football.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

what year is this box? i really do not pay attention to unopened football.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - super nice Mantle.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Love that 76 rack - favorite year as a kid and color is outstanding.

Bought this one last night - price was right and not sure why it is the grade it is but saved me a few $$.

Stunner! What am I not seeing that warrants the grade?

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2021 10:00AM

@80sOPC said:

That’s a tough one. Good luck if you submit (assuming it is O Pee Chee)

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya they are tough for sure. 800 set means you get one every second box and I’ve ripped cases and never hit a real blazer

@rexvos said:

@80sOPC said:

That’s a tough one. Good luck if you submit (assuming it is O Pee Chee)

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hankcaddy said:
    1st of a few 71's I have coming in

What is with his hair? It all fits under the helmet!

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrburns443

Where is the show? The Westchester County Center still isn’t open, right?

• Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    @mrburns443

Where is the show? The Westchester County Center still isn’t open, right?

It was in the Westchester Marriott. I guess it’s considered Tarrytown.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

For my Cowboy Ring of Honor.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Love chipping away at these sets…and my ‘76 rack happens to have the same card showing….

Awesome Rack

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@PaulMaul said:
    Love chipping away at these sets…and my ‘76 rack happens to have the same card showing….

Awesome Rack

Sweet 76 rack - my favorite issue.

Picked up some modern at a great price, and once it goes up sell to buy more vintage 😉

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

@PaulMaul said:

Awesome Rack

Sweet 76 rack - my favorite issue.

Picked up some modern at a great price, and once it goes up sell to buy more vintage 😉

Nice Justin --- yeah that one's Pretty Cool.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Beautiful Mantle. All of the flaws have nothing to do with the quality of the photo. The color, focus , and corners are super. I just received one back from PSA similar to yours. Instead of the print line, mine has a small smuge at the top left. Mine got a 6 and I am super happy . I think yours could get a 7 , or mabe a 6.5 depending on the mood of the grader.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1959 ......maybe I should crack it out and resubmit ....... :)