Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Purchases - A feast of cards!

Nothing from me yet, but I saw we needed a thread. What will @UFFDAH get this month! B)

Comments

• Options

@PNWcollector said:
    Dropped into my LCS. They haven’t had any new vintage stuff come in for 4-6 months or so and I was pleasantly surprised to see some new acquisitions. I picked this up beauty for $25. I’ve learned to not get my hopes up with grades but I can’t find anything wrong with this card.

Hard to see any problems with that one. Centering looks perfect. Seems like a steal for $25!

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2021 11:04AM

@Kid4hof03 said:
    My 3rd 1979 rack pack with Roger Staubach on top arrived yesterday, can't get enough of that card

Congrats! That's one heck of a week for a guy that has his main collecting focus around the 1979 Roger Staubach!

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JakeR2234 said:

@Kid4hof03 said:
    My 3rd 1979 rack pack with Roger Staubach on top arrived yesterday, can't get enough of that card

Congrats! That's one heck of a week for a guy that has his main collecting focus around the 1979 Roger Staubach!

Thanks Jake, couldn't have done it without your help! You are right though, in one week I ended up with more 1979 Staubach's than I've seen for sale all year.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1975 Seaver is awesome. unless i missed something should be a 9. Maybe a 10. Heck an 8.5 would do.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just a few of the stash that i picked up this month

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GDM67 Two HOFers - with the one that didn't play for the Braves being a longtime Braves announcer (which I'm sure you're aware of) - ties the theme together even better.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:

1979 Football BBCE Rack, How Cool is That!
    Just Awesome!

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Hello fellow Card Geeks!!

Here's a Babe Ruth addition - its a Pop 5 with only one higher!

GASP!!!!!

Well done!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

WOW that's a great Ruth!

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    @GDM67 Two HOFers - with the one that didn't play for the Braves being a longtime Braves announcer (which I'm sure you're aware of) - ties the theme together even better.

No way for Fleer to know that at the time but it wound up being a nice piece of synergy. I'm a little surprised that none of the companies featured Phil and Steve Carlton together when they were both pitching for the Tribe in '86.

I hadn't particularly cared for Don much when he was active but I really grew to love him as a broadcaster. Like most quality SPs (Blyleven, Kaat, Palmer, Seaver) he was really good at imparting the cerebral aspects of pitching.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH ........ I'm a little put out you couldn't come up w/ the NM-MT 8.......

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just picked this funko pop exclusive today .. sits 1 foot tall.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    Not cards, but a run of UCLA yearbooks from 63-68 which include 4 NCAA championships and feature Lou Alcindor, Walt Hazzard, Gail Goodrich, etc.

I love these! I've got a full run of Roger Staubach yearbooks from Navy and 3 Gary Carter high school yearbooks, such cool stuff.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

great pickups!

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@graygator said:
    With this I have only one major hole left in my collection of post-war Hall of Very Good and other non HOF players rookies--Pete Rose. Not sure when I will be able to fill that one.

I'm curious as to what other cards belong in the Hall of Very Good collection. Separate thread?

• Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2021 5:31AM

@daltex said:

@graygator said:
    With this I have only one major hole left in my collection of post-war Hall of Very Good and other non HOF players rookies--Pete Rose. Not sure when I will be able to fill that one.

I'm curious as to what other cards belong in the Hall of Very Good collection. Separate thread?

It would probably turn into one of those unreadable threads full of the same old arguments (over/under of 3 posts before someone says Harold Baines is HoVG and the Hall of Fame is watered down), but I will think about starting one. In the meantime, I basically use two cheats for the non-HOFers in my collection: players with over or very close to a 100 hall rating on hallofstats.com and players who have received significant attention from the BBWAA or a veterans committee. I still have several to pick up but the Rose will be the last very expensive one.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2021 11:01AM

Wow…scary stuff…your son feels better…I may not sleep too well tonight!!!…(but I love them…thanks for sharing)!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.