Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got a confirmation/order number from the mint.

• Options
    NickelMikeNickelMike Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

37 minutes…finally got one

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got a confirmation/order number from the mint.

• Options

That was 37 minutes of freakin hell! lol

• Options

worse ever with the mint!

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one...and my sister in law got one!

I still prefer 37 minutes of hell instead of an instantaneous 5 minute sellout where you didn't have a chance!

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 9:43AM

What a nightmare. I got acknowledgement of order,but no confirmation yet. Took around 35 minutes.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

Complete nightmare! Both CCs were hit and received order acknowledgment emails from mint.
    Five minute time difference between roughly 10,000 orders.
    USM 11483xxx
    USM 11492xxx

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 9:43AM

Are they actually still available 43 minutes in? If so, I'm beyond shocked!

I can't get back in to look.

• Options

12:43 just got one. Wow that was more of a pain than the Morgan and peace dollars

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Got 1 at 11:44!

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Got mine at 11:13 CDT. The website crashing, errors, etc we’re all expected. I never saw the Are You Human or any captchas. But what in the world is a Handshake error?!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one, finally!!! 42 minutes of bad handshakes, timeouts, bad gateways, servers down,... wow, hope it was worth it! B)

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

@kevinstang said:
    Never seen their website perform so bad, been buying since 2008!

The Mint's website is always the worst with popular new product offerings. Expect apologies tomorrow.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

43 Minutes of pure browser combat.

but i finally got checked out...never give up never giving up

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

At least there's no backorder notice.... yet!

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Wow, who would have though this would still be available 30 minutes later? > @RichR said:

Are they actually still available 43 minutes in? If so, I'm beyond shocked!

I can't get back in to look.

Yes, they are STILL available. I'd be shocked, but this was by far the worst experience I've ever seen. The reason they are available is that nobody can actually succeed in checking out.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my order through at 1218...good thing I checked my email as I never got the order confirmation page but I did get an order conformation email.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy Moley - took till 12:46 but actually got one! And just got confirmation email! Keep trying,

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

just got through after fighting the website for 45 minutes... pretty weak!!!

• Options

Persistence paid off in this case.
    Got one at 12:24
    USM11492xxx

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrBear said:
    Crashing non-stop from Noon until now. FYI a "500" error (I've been getting 504 errors) means that your browser is pinging the web server and getting no response at all.

At EVERY step, it was crashing on me. I had to type in my credit card 4-5 times, even though it's the credit card saved on the account. I guess that's the same as everyone else. Eventually I got through, but this is much worse than the Morgans or other ASE's that I've ordered this year.

You don’t have to enter CC each time if saved. It will EVENTUALLY auto fill. I always wait for auto fill I don’t want to confuse a computer.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

12:51 I finally got one, on my cell phone. USM1151XXXX.

Don't stop trying :)

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    TequilaDaveTequilaDave Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

They're selling on eBay for $450

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Still struggling, can't even sign in...FML

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

48 minutes of misery - at one point it was telling me that I was not a human, the website must've picked up something that thought I was a bot. I must've circled around about 8 times in the credit card area before I got an order through.

USM11509xxx

• Options

@PipestonePete said:

@djm said:

What makes this an awesome set? How is it any different than the 2011, 2012 and 2013 sets? This set should be sold as soon as possible before the perceived value of the set nose dives. If you want a set for your collection wait a year or two and buy one then.

The main difference is that this is the "Designer Edition" and features the old AND new reverse designs.

@djm
    I guess this one just hits a sweet spot for me. I love the look of reverse proofs, and I like the side by side of the T1 and T2. I've been collecting OGP silver eagles for a while, so this was a set I've been excited about for a long time. I make to claims about future value, just a set I want to own.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you didn't get a confirmation email you should check your spam folder. Apparently I got through at 12:12 p.m. but kept trying until 12:38 because after I hit place order the website kept crashing. Then I thought after 3 seperate place order attempts....what the hell...maybe I should check my spam folder🤣😂

Unbelievable 🙄

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got one and the email and the bank ping

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 11:10AM

Holy cow, this was the worst ever. What a way to close out perhaps my last dealing ever with the U.S. Mint. After an unbelievable number of web site failures, I finally managed to complete an order at 12:52 PM Eastern time. I was ready to give up at around 12:30 PM but then I realized that the household limit was one for this offering so I estimated that the ordering window would likely be open for about an hour.

I should add that the U.S. Mint seems to use Cloudflare for load balancing or something and not all parts of the country have equal access to the ordering process. I suspect those that managed to complete an order very early live in a large metropolitan area on the East coast.

My Order Number is: USM11511xxx

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

WOW, Just now, 12:56pm

ord #USM11514XXX

Yeah, quite a ride!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Finally got my order through at 1218...good thing I checked my email as I never got the order confirmation page but I did get an order conformation email.

Same here too. Got email confirmation while the status was still spinning on my order...so weird but happy!

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

14 successful orders, whew. Think I'm done there, I'll leave the rest for everybody else.

Just kidding.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

My cart says processing. I doubt it goes through

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Got the darned purchase in my bag and can't check out.....AGH!

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Order numbers? Trying to track how many orders.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally after exactly one hour!!! Holy Batman. Unbelievable.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:
    Order numbers? Trying to track how many orders.

I was early 10:10 MT, USM11469

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got one after an hour of trying. ;)

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Around 12:53 I have: USM11512XXX

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

The only reason this is still available an hour in is the website itself. (Yeah I know, I’m the King of the obvious)

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

Still available! Keep trying!

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

I have been stuck on the
    “Please wait
    Your order is being processed
    Please do not hit back button or refresh page”

For about 60 minutes
    This stinks

• Options

Still available after 63 minutes. If there are any available tomorrow, at what time do they lift the HHL?

The impossible just takes longer.
  • Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

I don't friggin' believe it. Got confirmation at 1:00. USM11517xxx. Man that was a fight!

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:06AM

@Weather11am said:
    Around 12:53 I have: USM11512XXX

I probably wasnt the first to get one but the difference is 43k meaning they might have quite a few still available.

I got mine shortly after it recovered from the first major server crash

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Appears to still be up.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s

• Options

So... I'll be excited to hear about how the Mint spins the "upgrades" to their site for this one. This one seemed to have everything, captcha airplanes (check), prove you are a human (check), html errors (check), full website crash (check), long availability (check), worst experience ever (check).....

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally, after one hour, my order was processed and confirmed. Numerous errors, system crash and refreshes later...there's got to be a better way.

This discussion has been closed.