Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 4:39PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I would normally never disagree with JM but these will always be $100 over the $73 cost. We added a 10-15 percent collector base of what I call GameStop investors who have diversified into ase’s,silver and such

The type 1 aren't $100 over $73 now. The reddit buyers, if there are any, aren't collectors they are speculators.

And if they put another 100k of these into the LE sets?

Time will tell. I've been surprised before but there are no ASEs with mintages over 150k that all for over $100.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

1st year of issue.

** new design as I stated**

ASEs are the most popular modern US Coin collectible. 350K is not terribly excessive given the number sold every year.

** the point I'm making is that the S mint and burnished should be even more desirable given much lower production numbers**

Reading is fundamental.

• Options

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

1st year of issue.

** new design as I stated**

ASEs are the most popular modern US Coin collectible. 350K is not terribly excessive given the number sold every year.

** the point I'm making is that the S mint and burnished should be even more desirable given much lower production numbers**

Reading is fundamental.

It is. You should read your own posts.

Your first question asked about what's driving demand for these. I simply responded that 350k isn't a terribly large number. I made no comment about the S Mint or Burnished.

The relevant point was that $73 is the pretty much the wholesale price for ALL EAGLES. The Mint should have raised the price as the wholesale price for proof eagles has gone from $50 to $70 in the last 6 months making the issue price too low.

Funny how whenever I'm succinct, people jump in and demand a longer explanation. Also ironic that people think I'm ornery after they've responded with their own snarkiness.

I will endeavor to always maximize my future word count to avoid misunderstanding.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have they said when these are shipping ? This year I hope.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    As much as ebay does?

Not even close but they are trying to catch up. ;)

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm now actually marginally hopeful that we might actually be able to get the remaining Morgan/Peace issues...marginally...but only time will tell.

• Options

@RichR said:
    I'm now actually marginally hopeful that we might actually be able to get the remaining Morgan/Peace issues...marginally...but only time will tell.

Half the mintage and better flip potential.

• Options

@RichR said:

...so then...you're predicting a 9-minute sellout?

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Have they said when these are shipping ? This year I hope.

Honestly I just got notification that mine shipped next day air and I should be seeing them tomorrow. Which is awesome. I am in them at $80 each after next day air which I feel is more than fair.

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got the email confirmation

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@RichR said:
    @RichR said:

...so then...you're predicting a 9-minute sellout?

Probably still in the 15 minute window. You've got a total of 350,000 coins so it's probably a similar number of orders with the same basic bandwidth. But I would expect more people in the pool.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    my subscription order was charged, my real-time order won't populate, but. Log out of mint website, enter order number and email addy, the order page populates there.

subscription order says, "processing" , ship "USPS first class or USPS ground"

real-ime order says "being processed" ship "budget shipping"

both orders are for 1 coin ea.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

order confirmation just received at 9:40 PM (placed order at 12:05)

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited July 20, 2021 7:20PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Your first question asked about what's driving demand for these. I simply responded that 350k isn't a terribly large number. I made no comment about the S Mint or Burnished.
    @smuglr said:
    My first question was rhetorical I asked and answered that it was the new design and the production number that make them desirable, and then making the more important point which you didn't seem to understand that the S mint and bunrished will thus be even more desirable because of their even more limited production.
    @jmlanzaf said:
    Funny how whenever I'm succinct, people jump in and demand a longer explanation.
    @smuglr said:
    I didn't demand a longer explanation from you at all, in fact I prefer you don't even respond, but I know that you thrive on jumping in with a response.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    @smuglr said:
    My first question was rhetorical I asked and answered that it was the new design and the production number that make them desirable, and then making the more important point which you didn't seem to understand that the S mint and bunrished will thus be even more desirable because of their even more limited production.
    @jmlanzaf said:
    Funny how whenever I'm succinct, people jump in and demand a longer explanation.
    @smuglr said:
    I didn't demand a longer explanation from you at all, in fact I prefer you don't even respond, but I know that you thrive on jumping in with a response.

Lmao... says the man who felt the need to take a shot at me. And if I then respond, I'm the one with the problem.

You're still missing or ignoring my point: they sold these at wholesale price for ANY ASE. I would have bought them with a 600k mintage.

• Options

@smuglr. Ignore him but rather bold of you to say who can or cannot post. You’ve been around here long enough to know better. I don’t agree with JM all the time but have enough common courtesy to respect just how dang much he does know. How helpful is it to want more numismaticists but only @smuglr approved people and questions. Sorry JM I know you can handle yourself but gee wiz.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Gotta love the enrollment, got my 3, shipped today next-day. I am glad I kept all my enrollments all these years.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    Ordered mine on my Android phone (5G) at work and got 3 pretty easily. Surprisingly easy.

I used my employer supplied Iphone, first time I've ordered anything on it. I fumbled with it trying to get my order in as fast as possible, knowing I have a tiny window, managed to get through first time. Heck of a contrast from past offerings from the Mint. Overall went smoothly, sort of a shocker.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

Their having some coffee and getting ready to spin the big wheel of time , at the mint. What will be the new meeting time? Or even worse have they “fixed” that pesky problem too! One and done? Say it ain’t so

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

They came available about 7:13, but did not raise the HHL.

liefgold
  • Options

@liefgold said:

What time zone are you in because nothing appeared in mtn time zone

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Central time zone.
    Had them in my cart but could not checkout since I had my 3 limit.
    They were up about 2 minutes.

liefgold
  • Options

@liefgold said:

Usually don't raise them (if at all) for 24 hours after release.

• Options

I started about 2 minutes before 7:30 est and refreshed for about an hour nothing. 7:13 central is6:13 mtn so 43 minutes after old release time they throw out a 2minute bone It’s like they live to screw with us. Who the heck decided to wait 43 minutes?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Their having some coffee and getting ready to spin the big wheel of time , at the mint. What will be the new meeting time? Or even worse have they “fixed” that pesky problem too! One and done? Say it ain’t so

Really I was posting and they dropped 😵‍💫. 6:13 mtn time

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    @smuglr. Ignore him but rather bold of you to say who can or cannot post. You’ve been around here long enough to know better. I don’t agree with JM all the time but have enough common courtesy to respect just how dang much he does know. How helpful is it to want more numismaticists but only @smuglr approved people and questions. Sorry JM I know you can handle yourself but gee wiz.

@Jzyskowski1 I would not say who can or cannot post. I'm sorry if my comment was understood that way @jmlanzaf said I "demanded an explanation" which I did not and I merely said that I would prefer he didn't respond, meaning to my comments. I like the source of information here but things seem to be able to be taken away to certain opinions. I like to provide information which if you start with my op on the subject was all I was doing before it was taken off point. In the future I'll just sit back and watch and offer my information on CCF.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @smuglr said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Jzyskowski1 I would not say who can or cannot post. I'm sorry if my comment was understood that way @jmlanzaf said I "demanded an explanation" which I did not and I merely said that I would prefer he didn't respond, meaning to my comments. I like the source of information here but things seem to be able to be taken away to certain opinions. I like to provide information which if you start with my op on the subject was all I was doing before it was taken off point. In the future I'll just sit back and watch and offer my information on CCF.

I agree with you! It has gotten to the point that some members enjoy confrontation and taking threads off in a different direction.

Maybe they are debate team wannabes?🤣😂

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    What a joke. Tried 10 times...each time I would get to final step and then instead of a confirmation I got this:
    Web server is returning an unknown error
    There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

🙄

Not only got that but it kept telling me I wasn't a human. Funny, all the thousands of times I logged in never had a problem till this Privy and ASE crap.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

It would be interesting to know if the USM honored enrollments in excess of 3 HHL

• Options

Can anyone confirm? Did you have enrollment for more than 3 that was confirmed yesterday?

• Options

@smuglr said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @smuglr said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I agree with you! It has gotten to the point that some members enjoy confrontation and taking threads off in a different direction.

Well glad you guys found each other. Enjoy your interesting views.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    Can anyone confirm? Did you have enrollment for more than 3 that was confirmed yesterday?

My brother has always been enrolled for years for 4 proof eagles, he got the confirmation email Monday night for his regular 4 and looks to have been billed that way too.

• Options

Looks like HHL have been released now, possibly ready for tomorrow AM?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@smuglr said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @smuglr said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Well glad you guys found each other. Enjoy your interesting views.

I didn't argue with him. I agreed with him and added the fact that the Mint selling price was so low that the mintage didn't matter.

Whatever.. life is too short to worry about it.

• Options

@smuglr said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I agreed with you, added a factoid and you told me to learn to read. When did I ever pick a fight with you on your original post?

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@kevinstang said:

@coiner said:

My brother has always been enrolled for years for 4 proof eagles, he got the confirmation email Monday night for his regular 4 and looks to have been billed that way too.

I saw it here a while ago, somebody called, customer service said, it would be limited to 3, and no need to cancel or modify.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@kevinstang said:

@coiner said:

I saw it here a while ago, somebody called, customer service said, it would be limited to 3, and no need to cancel or modify.

Well he got this today, they have shipped and he has been charged for 4 on his credit card

• Options

Just asking...are there upper limits normally set for subscriptions?

Or could somebody have ordered 10, 25, or 99 of these...normally, I mean...under the subscription plan?

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2021 12:44PM

Ebay sale for 25......

• Options
    edited July 21, 2021 12:46PM

25 coins??? In a single order??? How???

Am I seeing that right?

Was the limit eliminated this AM?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Just asking...are there upper limits normally set for subscriptions?

Or could somebody have ordered 10, 25, or 99 of these...normally, I mean...under the subscription plan?

IIRC, enrollments are normally limited to 99 units.

In the case of the 2021 T2 ASE, the Mint instituted a 25 coin limit on enrollments back in May.
    Reference

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

So...can folks use the subscription plan to pre-plan ahead orders...and then cancel them afterwards so they don't keep getting them year after year....then rinse/repeat for known special offerings like this to order many??

Sorta like Amazon Subscribe/save (for those that know what I mean).

BST references available on request

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2021 1:04PM

@Samuel8 said:

@Knell 'chatted' with the Mint. I called. We received different answers. Thread

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly wouldn’t believe too much of what the mint says, no matter what they say. Years of dealing with them proves almost all of the customer service reps are pretty clueless. I’m still trying to get one of my two orders with the same account canceled, in hopes that at least one goes through. I’ve spent way too much time the last two days on the phone trying to get it canceled. I’m about to just let whatever happens happens.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2021 2:28PM

@HoneyMarket said:
    So...can folks use the subscription plan to pre-plan ahead orders...and then cancel them afterwards so they don't keep getting them year after year....then rinse/repeat for known special offerings like this to order many??

Sorta like Amazon Subscribe/save (for those that know what I mean).

when you go to my subscriptions page, it lists all of your subscription with a toggle button, you can set each to active or inactive. at any time

(l8-)>>

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone who placed their order online yesterday gotten a shipment confirmation yet?

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I honestly wouldn’t believe too much of what the mint says, no matter what they say. Years of dealing with them proves almost all of the customer service reps are pretty clueless. I’m still trying to get one of my two orders with the same account canceled, in hopes that at least one goes through. I’ve spent way too much time the last two days on the phone trying to get it canceled. I’m about to just let whatever happens happens.

I personally wouldn’t mess with it. Unless there’s a financial issue at play. You won’t have a problem at least getting money back on open market for the extras.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Ebay sale for 25......

With Pinehurst offering $125, that's basically wholesale

• Options

@RichR said:
    25 coins??? In a single order??? How???

Am I seeing that right?

Was the limit eliminated this AM?

No. It was eliminated at noon. 24 hours after release. It's off now