Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

If they took orders to that level, there will be a huge amount of cancellations

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have an S on back order from 8/4

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

I believe they went on sale on 8/12/2021.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

The s proof ase released 8/12

First Strike date is toast

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Understandable mistake. I can’t keep track either. What’s a couple days to the mint😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I saw 28,000 available at around 43 or 44 past the hour,. Checked my credit card. Added 50 to the cart and there were only 25 left . Changed to 25 and there were only 2 left. This available count method hasn't been real reliable as seen with the Bush Chronicles set or a lot were sold in those 2 minutes. Usually a lot of people here are talking about how many they got. A lot of you must have ordered a lot because no one is saying anything.

• Options

I can’t speak for alot of us. But just don’t believe the mint figures.
    Ms.M provides a very generous service concerning the state of the amount available etc.
    Thanks again. I suggest you take a look at past updates. They are helpful and about as accurate as possible.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Mgarmy said:

Understandable mistake. I can’t keep track either. What’s a couple days to the mint😂

It was the s mint Morgan from the 4th.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

The latest sales figure was roughly 198,300~ of 200,000 available. That’s 1700 unsold items.
    Unless the USM cancelled 26,000+ items from previous sales figures; I find it very hard to believe what people thought were 28,000 or more available actually were available.
    Also, drawdown on an off day—of 20,000+ within the time to get your cart loaded (as explained by one post above) doesn’t seem realistic either.
    Sorry but it doesn’t add up.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

The order numbers don't add up either. If there were 20,000 coins, that would be 202 orders JUST for the silver ASE. I had two orders within about 15 minutes and there were only 156 orders between the first and the last this morning.

The world may never know.

• Options

My guess? The number quoted as available is incorrect (28,000-40,000 pieces). Sales figures and product limit indicate less than 2,000 available today at most.
    That seems like a more likely number.

• Options

I think the mint sells how ever many it wants now. These will probably be OK> @coiner said:

The latest sales figure was roughly 198,300~ of 200,000 available. That’s 1700 unsold items.
    Unless the USM cancelled 26,000+ items from previous sales figures; I find it very hard to believe what people thought were 28,000 or more available actually were available.
    Also, drawdown on an off day—of 20,000+ within the time to get your cart loaded (as explained by one post above) doesn’t seem realistic either.
    Sorry but it doesn’t add up.

I am not trying to make it add up. I am just throwing what I saw out there. A lot of things the mint has done lately don't add up. The "W" proof silver eagle went up by 13,000 in one week in the last couple of weeks. Look at all the gold proof type 2 eagles that sold over their Mintage limit. It will be interesting to see the sales report Tuesday. I hope there was a glitch in the system and they only sold 1500-2000 this morning rather than 40,000 and making a lot of people upset. Thanks

• Options

Large order cancellation then resale?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I think the mint sells how ever many it wants now. These will probably be OK> @jessewvu said:

The order numbers don't add up either. If there were 20,000 coins, that would be 202 orders JUST for the silver ASE. I had two orders within about 15 minutes and there were only 156 orders between the first and the last this morning.

I had my first order at about 32 past the hour and the other around 44 past the hour and there are 750 orders between my 2 orders.

• Options

Actually I just looked at my emails from the mint and my first email came at 32 past the hour and last 40 past the hour as we have received your order. So in 8-9 minutes there were 750 orders. They were available for roughly 15 minutes so I am going to guess maybe 1200 orders. I realize that other things were for sale but most of those were probably done within the first minute. So with 1200 orders if they were all for 1 that would mean 1200 sold. How many of you ordered just 1?

• Options

@OLC said:
    I think the mint sells how ever many it wants now. These will probably be OK> @jessewvu said:

I had my first order at about 32 past the hour and the other around 44 past the hour and there are 750 orders between my 2 orders.

We will know with the next weeks sales
    Report.
    I still lean on the former 1700~ coins available and not anywhere near 28,000 to 40,000.

• Options

Don’t forget they are dumping 50,000 of these in the limited edition set. 👿

• Options

I think the mint sells how ever many it wants now. These will probably be OK> @coiner said:

@OLC said:

Report.
    I still lean on the former 1700~ coins available and not anywhere near 28,000 to 40,000.

I hope your right because I bought some. Take Care

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Don’t forget they are dumping 50,000 of these in the limited edition set. 👿

This is true—that is an additional product containing this coin.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 4:24AM

The burnished, as usual will be the lowest ase mintage by half .Contain a mm and get overlooked ( way less spotting problems

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 4:34AM

Picked up 5 this am.

'S' Mint Mark

USM11779xxx

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

First strike eligibility for the S mint proofs ended Sept 15th. For any whose proof orders did did not ship by last week, I can see why there would be a lot of cancellations now.

• Options

We need to see new sales numbers
    There was no way that 40,000 coin cancellations happened because of first strike windows closing

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

I thought First Strike was still available as long as the shipping box from the US Mint was still sealed. This would mean you would have to send the entire order in the sealed box from the Mint, but it would still be First Strike eligible? (unless that rule changed)

• Options

I had thought the same thing for the w’s sent two in sealed boxes and they called and said they were not fS eligible even in sealed box because past post mark date. So only the S submitted made the cut

• Options

Good point! I guess the US Mint has to at least ship them to you before the cutoff date, then you can keep it sealed for a while and still be eligible for FS. So in this case if the Mint ships to you after the cutoff date, it would no longer be eligible. Thanks for the clarification

• Options

My order for five was placed at 7:31, got the Mint confirmation 20 minutes later. One of the fastest for me, and on a Sunday to boot.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:
    Good point! I guess the US Mint has to at least ship them to you before the cutoff date, then you can keep it sealed for a while and still be eligible for FS. So in this case if the Mint ships to you after the cutoff date, it would no longer be eligible. Thanks for the clarification

From the PCGS 'First Strike' webpage ....

Source

• Options

@OLC said:

Report.

Numbers out: Precious Metal Products 21EMN 2021 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ NEW (S) 258369 9/26/2021

• Options

That's interesting since the Product Limit was 200,000

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Did the mint label the eagles going into the LESP as 21EMN and think there were 50k more to sell?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2021 6:04AM

Source

Source

If accurate, they oversold 21EMN by nearly 60,000 units, or 30% of the published "product limit".

Edited To Add: Please excuse the redundant point; @DotStore beat me to it.

• Options
    DishwasherDishwasher Posts: 13
    edited September 29, 2021 4:38AM

They had at least 828 of S (21EMN) available this morning.

• Options

Picked up two 'S' proofs this morning......brings my total to ten on b/o.

• Options

I just had an order on backorder have it's payment method disappear

I'm sure it was there days ago.

this is unbelieveable

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

this is unbelieveable

When was the order placed?

• Options

August lol

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

this is unbelieveable

They have got to have a remedy for the many order processing software glitches that have occured before fulfillment!

(l8-)>>

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Processing. (v) To delay. To keep in a file in a preserved state. Dormant. Example: The electric company shut off John's power when he told them he was processing their bill.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

this is unbelieveable

Please update us if/when you speak to the Mint as to what the implications are to an order when payment info just randomly disappears from an existing order status.

I’m very interested to know if the Mint can assure you that the order is fine and will process/ship.

As a consumer of their website and reading of others seeing the same thing (me included) of some orders having the payment info and other orders not showing…will be interesting to know what others are being told.

I “believe” we’re safe but interested in what you might find out

BST references available on request

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2021 8:32AM

I miss the days when I could call the mint and have them “release” orders shortly after placing the order. It was a trick to get orders shipped quickly.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    I miss the days when I could call the mint......

PERIOD. They like the rest of government have insulated themselves from public comment and criticism.

(l8-)>>

• Options

Our host just sent me the email. Grades are in from my August submission. I sent in two 2021 w and one S. Blind in sealed boxes. One w 70Dcam, one 69DCAM and the S is 70DCAM as well. Not too shabby me thinks. Fingers crossed on the two coin sent in express and is in encapsulation stage.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Our host just sent me the email. Grades are in from my August submission.
    ...One w 70Dcam, one 69DCAM

It's too bad you cannot receive any sort of feedback on what issues they found with the one coin to give it a 69 grading or to as why they felt it did not deserve a 70 grading.

These were listed and sold as US Mint proof quality coins.

BST references available on request

• Options

That is always a mystery to me as well

• Options

Still waiting on these. Got ten in 'Processing.'

First order was 8/12/2021.

What's the hold up?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file