Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

Comments

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1tommy

The Mint has a program for replacing lost COA's, assuming a replacement is still available.
    Link

Might be worth contacting CS, and asking about the COA & OGP. Worst they can say is "No".

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 7:42AM

Did the mail person throw it out the window as they drove by ? LOL >:)

Sorry to see that happen. At least it will be easier to replace the OGP & COA.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of you guys submitting your coin give this guy your OGP. He buys one coin (not a flipper) and gets that.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    Mine were to arrive today August 28th, but to my surprise they arrived Monday August 26th.
    Makes me wonder what happened.
    I will say I'm glad the mint is using USPS as bad as they are, instead of the UN Sure pos> @Dirt94 said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    Mine were to arrive today August 28th, but to my surprise they arrived Monday August 26th.
    Makes me wonder what happened.
    I will say I'm glad the mint is using USPS as bad as they are, instead of the UN Sure post

I believe you mean July sir.

@Dirt94 By golly your correct, thanks for pointing that out

The year sure is flying by though so close enough.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad that many had a successful purchase of the items they wanted.
    The mint has showed some good improvement in silencing the "bots".
    The site still needs work.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get one of this this morning? I was so focused on getting the gold I forgot about checking the silver lol

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:
    Anyone get one of this this morning? I was so focused on getting the gold I forgot about checking the silver lol

Put one in the bag, but wasn’t fast enough during the checkout process. They had 56 available this morning.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK those are just crushingly good photos of the beauty of the silver eagle! Wow, that just put everything else to shame.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now I have absolutely no need to open my sealed box given that I just saw the best rendition!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Just got here. Same coin.:

What are you using as a light source?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1tommy That's crappy mail service. Geeeeesh. Two weeks ago, I had a package from the mint that wasn't taped properly and one of my silver medals was missing, it had actually fallen out through the cracks in the box! I called the mint, they apologized and refunded me. They'd most likely send you a replacement box or like @JimTyler said, someone here could easily give you one!

• Options

@DotStore said:

@SeatedToners said:

Put one in the bag, but wasn’t fast enough during the checkout process. They had 56 available this morning.

Ditto

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Able to get 2 in the bag but then gone.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@fox9487 said:
    Able to get 2 in the bag but then gone.

I didn't even see the red. A couple in the bag is like getting a bite on your fishing line. I just released my bag catch, getting ready for the next fiasco...the Morgans. Remember, if you have anything in your bag that is unavailable, your whole bag is unavailable.

• Options

Got one today -- it was in my bag from yesterday.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2021 3:27PM

Posted to wrong thread😂. My ase got here and it’s the nicest ase I’ve gotten from the mint in a long time very frosty devices and no spot or problems. Dust on capsule. I included a half and half picture 🤓

The color on the rays is not on the coin in hand

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

In Transit, Arriving Late

• Options
    mpbuck82mpbuck82 Posts: 40 ✭✭

I had mine arrive today, purchased the first day they went on sale.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Mine also say "in transit, arriving late". They were supposed to be here today. Actually shipped July 27.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else have one of these or a gold proof that shows as shipped from the mint last week, and still not scanned into the USPS system? There's usually a day or so delay, but mine is going on about a 5 day delay.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

my age is shipped but not usps received

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

My 3 AGE's are somewhere between Memphis and my home. They were supposed to be here Tuesday, now they're just saying it's going to be late. It took ten days from date of ordering for them to be in the postal service system.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@JazzmanJAB said:
    2021 ASE TYPE 1 vs TYPE 2

Has anyone compared T-1 & T-2 Obverse. The strike on T-1 seems to shows a lot more detail on Liberty's Flag covering. The T-2 looks like a soft strike or the dress has been engraved lighter than before. I don't know what I'm saying, it just looks different.

Yes, I completely agree with you. I have the Type 1 and Type 2 in a single, side-by-side holder with each graded MS70 by PCGS, so it's easy to see the differences. You are right. The Type 1 is definitely more detailed and there is less engraving on the Type 2. For sure, I prefer the Type 1 obverse.

• Options

Curious because the mint has made quite a big deal out of the new obverse and the initials. Claiming to have a more faithful rendition. I will study for now I only have Proofs. 🤓

• Options

They had a bunch available today. Might have been related to the emails some folks got yesterday to call about their orders. Maybe some folks decided to cancel their orders on these coins?

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:
    Tried to press and hold to prove I'm human... I failed apparently... got the same messages as posted above. Closed Chrome and opened the Mint site in Firefox... logged in w/o having to prove I'm human and order went in easily. Crazy.

If you try a different browser will the Mint Site still "remember" your address and CC info or do you have to manually input all of that again?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

Confirmation last night 12:30 am🤓

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@illini420 said:
    Tried to press and hold to prove I'm human... I failed apparently... got the same messages as posted above. Closed Chrome and opened the Mint site in Firefox... logged in w/o having to prove I'm human and order went in easily. Crazy.

If you try a different browser will the Mint Site still "remember" your address and CC info or do you have to manually input all of that again?

Have all the credit card and address info saved on my account... but yeah, had to log in again on new browser.

• Options

@GRANDAM said:

@illini420 said:

It remembers.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

hundreds available this morning... still available 7 minutes later
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin-21EMN.html

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lasted until 7:45.....gone now.

• Options

The S mint coin (21EMN) was up for about 15 minutes. I wonder if they had a glitch this morning.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    The S mint coin (21EMN) was up for about 15 minutes. I wonder if they had a glitch this morning.

The U.S MInt online ordering site?

• Options

yep, THE official US Mint ordering site... Don't tell me it was just me!

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Who had a number of available at the start?
    I think that’s it for S mint proofs

• Options

@coiner said:
    Who had a number of available at the start?
    I think that’s it for S mint proofs

i don't know anyone knows how many at the start. but I would assume a hot coin up for 15 minutes there had to be more than 100.

21EMN
    merican Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin-21EMN.html
    SAN FRANCISCO (S)
    American Eagle Coin Program

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

which one was up?

S mint or W mint or both?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    which one was up?

The 2021 Type 2 Silver Proof Eagle from the San Francisco Mint (21EMN) was up for about 15 minutes

• Options

When I looked 1996 were available.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

@Vincennes said:
    When I looked 1996 were available.

When did you look?

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

There were over 40,000 available at 7:30. Must have been a glitch that took them 15 minutes to fix.
    Expect some cancellations.

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    which one was up?

The 2021 Type 2 Silver Proof Eagle from the San Francisco Mint (21EMN) was up for about 15 minutes

Yes, I placed three different orders and already received email confirmations for them, see what happens

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:
    There were over 40,000 available at 7:30. Must have been a glitch that took them 15 minutes to fix.
    Expect some cancellations.

Source

Source

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I think the mint sells how ever many it wants now. These will probably be OK

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Must have been a glitch
    Last reported sales within 1700 of max
    Couldn’t have been 40k, whoever is reporting that number I doubt it is realistic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file