Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

Comments

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Not available very long. Tried a larger order but not available in that quantity

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

The coin was available at 6:30 am CDT briefly. I was able to place an order. Went back and they were gone.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, didn't last long. Got one in the bag, gone before I could checkout.... :(

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Backorder ? What the heck. First time I’ve seen a day or two out backorder til dang near November? Wait til CC hell starts when these idiots try and sort and ship multiple products 😂😂😂😂😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Backorder ? What the heck. First time I’ve seen a day or two out backorder til dang near November? Wait til CC hell starts when these idiots try and sort and ship multiple products 😂😂😂😂😂

Has happened a few times in the last year or so. The Apollo coin went to backorder early, for example. Mayflower coins went to backorder also.

• Options

Did the Apollo have a long wait to ship

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Did the Apollo have a long wait to ship

Couple months, as I recall.

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2021 8:15AM

Still no shipping, my CC was charged but says processing on Mints site. Anybody else getting the same thing?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes...I have 2 separate orders "processing"...both were placed within the first 5-8 minutes.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Same here.

• Options

If you wanted this coin, and were on time, US Mint website was pretty good, overall.

• Options

@OrionSN said:
    If you wanted this coin, and were on time, US Mint website was pretty good, overall.

I assume you surveyed 1000 people and asked them?

Some people on this forum were unable to get through even though they were "on time".

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@OrionSN said:

Some people on this forum were unable to get through even though they were "on time".

On Tuesday, after getting at least one "Page Error" I was able to get my order all of the way through checkout but the "Your order is being processed do not refresh or back...blah blah" notification popped up and didn't disappear. I waited for 2-3 minutes and figured it wasn't working so I signed out, signed back in and was able to get three into the bag. By the time I got through check out the coins were "unavailable". After checking in Wednesday and Thursday mornings without success I was able to complete the purchase during this morning's narrow window. It would seem that the website may have been problem-free for some but that certainly wasn't the case for many others.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@OrionSN said:

On Tuesday, after getting at least one "Page Error" I was able to get my order all of the way through checkout but the "Your order is being processed do not refresh or back...blah blah" notification popped up and didn't disappear. I waited for 2-3 minutes and figured it wasn't working so I signed out, signed back in and was able to get three into the bag. By the time I got through check out the coins were "unavailable". After checking in Wednesday and Thursday mornings without success I was able to complete the purchase during this morning's narrow window. It would seem that the website may have been problem-free for some but that certainly wasn't the case for many others.

I have been shut out so many times that I just stopped trying. The Mint lost a customer who had purchased many coins for many years (not that they care).

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

On Tuesday, after getting at least one "Page Error" I was able to get my order all of the way through checkout but the "Your order is being processed do not refresh or back...blah blah" notification popped up and didn't disappear. I waited for 2-3 minutes and figured it wasn't working so I signed out, signed back in and was able to get three into the bag.

When I compete, after I log in, I open a second mint landing page in my browser.
    if a page hangs up, I go to the second page, click on shopping cart, if it is empty, then order successful processed, if not, then I try check out again. I always have a second page opened to shopping cart while ordering.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2021 1:46PM

@edgar said:

> When I compete...

Now THAT's funny!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2021 8:34AM

Order from day 1 just shipped... B)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

subscription order:

Your U.S. Mint order has shipped!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Launch day order shipped…

• Options

@PipestonePete said:

@edgar said:

> When I compete...

Now THAT's funny!

I feel like I’m in one of those dang video games. The grandson goes through similar agony with them. There’s a whole routine and maybe 😊

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK...at 7:15 tonight...I received a shipping notice for an order placed 7-8 minutes in on Day 1.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still no shipping notice for day one purchase. But did get notice for shipping on the enrollment coin

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the system is moving quite slow for some of us....

• Options

Available this Sunday morning, for such a brief window, 5 seconds longer and I would have gotten one. :(

• Options

Shipping seems incredibly slow. Can’t these people do something right from start to finish. The 20th was ok at best I ordered with out much problem (except seemed slowww) now it’s Sunday and where is my stupid coin! Just couldn’t do it could you. And don’t tell me it’s USPS you have not shipped it to them. Oh to hope for a smooth experience. 🤔

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Has anyone who placed their order online yesterday gotten a shipment confirmation yet?

Hi, yes. shipping and tracking

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those of you who got one on launch day and haven't received a shipping confirmation try not to stress. It took 2 weeks for my Type 1 to ship.....🙄

• Options
    edited July 25, 2021 12:25PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    For those of you who got one on launch day and haven't received a shipping confirmation try not to stress. It took 2 weeks for my Type 1 to ship.....🙄

Except those weren't on backorder to October 27th

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

I am stressing, still says "processing" and hasn't budged. This seems to be taking longer than any purchase in the past. And I keep reading horror stories from other forum members how their orders disappeared.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

I am stressing, still says "processing" and hasn't budged. This seems to be taking longer than any purchase in the past. And I keep reading horror stories from other forum members how their orders disappeared.

But from what I am reading, you are not alone. Seems like more members have not received shipping confirmation than have.😉

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭

Mine shipped today, received email at 11:21 EST, was ordered at 12:10 opening day

• Options
    edited July 25, 2021 3:25PM

@WALLE said:
    Mine shipped today, received email at 11:21 EST, was ordered at 12:10 opening day

The time of order placement doesn't appear to be relevant. My order at 12:01 didn't ship while my 12:10 order shipped 3 days ago.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Available this Sunday morning, for such a brief window, 5 seconds longer and I would have gotten one. :(

I strongly suspect people can use bot except the launch day.

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

FWIW bought my 3 on Tuesday, order processed around 12:10 EST, on the door via the next day shipping option Thursday PM.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

My earliest order shipped today, my last order still says backordered.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are there no complaints about mint shipments being made on the weekend?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what is there to complain about

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Just the USPS labels are printed - no physical movement ;)

• Options

It shipped sure took awhile. Now tick the waiting tock begins. I am sure glad they worked the weekend 😊> @derryb said:

Why are there no complaints about mint shipments being made on the weekend?

• Options

Available again this morning...for under ten seconds. How are you supposed to use that tiny window? Where's my bot?

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Available again this morning...for under ten seconds. How are you supposed to use that tiny window? Where's my bot?

I executed my order for one already in the bag in about 1 second, just a few minutes ago. The other day I had 10 in my bag and it didn't go through, so either I was late to the punch or my quantity has to high. There's no time to adjust quantity. Good luck to all.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

Up for 3 minutes but stuck on backorder and when I pressed the red button about 6,000 times slow fast Morse code you name it hammer 🔨 fist nothing happened. Would not let us order. Stupid stuck switch 😊

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Up for 3 minutes but stuck on backorder and when I pressed the red button about 6,000 times slow fast Morse code you name it hammer 🔨 fist nothing happened. Would not let us order. Stupid stuck switch 😊

It wasn't up that long. You were probably hitting a button that had been deactivated. If you refreshed the page you would have seen the currently unavailable banner.

• Options

I did. Refresh press refresh press. This was very different than all of the previous experiences. I have been getting these hot coins with my iPhone and ofcourse problems accured but this was indeed special. I agree it probably froze early just another first from my friends at the mint looking to enhance my experience 😂🤔

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 25 in my bag so from now on I can start on checkout page. A fighting chance.

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 324 ✭✭✭

Ordered at 12:08pm shipped today the 26th. Will be delivered on Fri 7/30.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Got 25 in my bag so from now on I can start on checkout page. A fighting chance.

Actually, that may be a hindrance. If there are less than 25 available, you can't check out.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrBluster said:
    Ordered at 12:08pm shipped today the 26th. Will be delivered on Fri 7/30.

Go figure my order was when my clock just turned 11:07 ct and nothing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file