Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's July 20th, 2021. New ordering systems in place at the mint? More shoppers than coins available? Don't have a subscription and can't get one? History will soon be made with a brand new design. Good luck to those trying to get one here with the first wave.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have received a confirmation email from the Mint, that mine is confirmed and they are billing my card. Yippee.... That was painless. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

another thread on this coin?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order for 3 IN at 12:01 EDT!! :)

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

USM097490XX easiest order I've had on release day in a Loooong time.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Easy this time, in and checked out before 12:01. The mint got their website right today!

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Compared to past orders, this was smooth as could be. Compared to other websites still kind of sad, but hey, I'll take a win. Only had to submit my order twice, and overall, I was done in less than 3 minutes.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

I got my 3, can’t believe how easy it was this time around

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 9:06AM

097488XX 12:01

Too easy.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another Mint disaster here for me. It wants me to verify I'm human by holding down a button. I do, it says same again. This is because as soon as I tried to log in it said it appeared I was a machine even though I did it totally manually. They never fail to disappoint.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I just realized the security 3 digit number I used for my credit card is wrong. What happens now?

• Options

Did none of you guys get this?

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that was simple.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little slow but no issues.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

Do they really think the average person knows how to go into their browser and adjust whatever settings they're talking about? I do not understand how these people just get worse with every release.

• Options

No matter what I do I keep getting the verifier human thing and I do what they say and it doesn't work I don't know how you guys did not get this.

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easier than previous orders. Happy to have confirmed order.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 9:21AM

Got one. Went little smoother than the Morgan. Got an error, refreshed, the proceeded on through. Had to proceed to checkout twice, though. Didn't take the first time.

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

very easy and they are still available!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Yes. Pressed and held, then got it again, then turned off ad blockers and such. Pressed and held, eventually got "page not found" error. Logged out and logged in with aforementioned blockers disabled and was able to check out with no problem.

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took me four tries, but I got my order confirmed at 12:06. The first 3 times, I was ready to check out, and got a message "this page cannot be found".

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

Ping ponged me about 8 times before finalizing the order (kept bringing me to "page not found") but finally managed to get 3. Hopefully I can say the same about the upcoming morgan and peace dollars.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Finally got my order in at 12:10, had 3 in the cart at clock still reading 12:00 on computer, went to check out and got to final checkout and booted to the page cannot be found screen. Took 9 more minutes and multiple tries to finally check out.

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭

First couple of times would not confirm human, then 2 time after finalizing order it said page not found and third time went thru. We will see
    Al

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

In for 2.

Very slow, but I complicated things by trying to reduce my cart quantity from 2 to 1.

I had hit the "add to cart" button too many times when the screen froze up. I was going to maybe get 2 in separate orders but I figured I had just better buy them rather than mess around.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one as an enrollment and one at noon with everybody else

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 9:19AM

Just went unavailable @ 17 minutes after the hour. :(:(:(

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

gone

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Yes, and now it has denied access and won't even let me sign off the site. :D
    Can't go back to check out, can't go back to see product schedule.

This is much better than before! :p:D

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

18 minutes to unavailable

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

I ordered 3. website seems to be much improved.

• Options

@spotthedog said:
    I just realized the security 3 digit number I used for my credit card is wrong. What happens now?

try again starting in the morning about 7:30 am eastern time

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried to press and hold to prove I'm human... I failed apparently... got the same messages as posted above. Closed Chrome and opened the Mint site in Firefox... logged in w/o having to prove I'm human and order went in easily. Crazy.

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

sold out at 12:17

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭

I did get e-mail confirmation for 3 and they charged my card.
    Al

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Live in the middle of nowhere with lousy internet on a iPhone 7. Every thing moved ssslllooooowwwwwww but 12:05 I was good to go. Got one for the end of our run No more chasing the eagle after the S proof and burnished W. Special sets we’ll see. Pricing will be a big factor

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@messydesk said:

@Raufus said:

Yes. Pressed and held, then got it again, then turned off ad blockers and such. Pressed and held, eventually got "page not found" error. Logged out and logged in with aforementioned blockers disabled and was able to check out with no problem.

How do you disable blockers? It's amazing that they think that everyone just knows this stuff. Maddening.

I logged on w/IE and was able to get 3 JUST before they went out.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please verify you are a human
    Access to this page has been denied because it appears you are using automation tools to browse the website.
    If you are not using automated tools, this may happen as a result of the following:
    Javascript is disabled or blocked by an extension (ad blockers for example)
    Your browser does not support cookies
    To avoid this challenge in the future, please make sure that Javascript and cookies are enabled on your browser and that you are not blocking them from loading.
    Reference ID: 1f45fa50-e974-11eb-8c62-772cda2077b2
    Then……………………….
    Web server is returning an unknown error
    There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.
    Ray ID: 671d798786abf176
    Your IP address:
    Error reference number: 520
    Cloudflare Location: Pittsburgh

It took about 10 minutes to create an account and took me about three minutes to delete it.

• Options

@MrBluster said:
    I ordered 3. website seems to be much improved.

Much improved for those who didn't have to prove they're human. That was a mess. Just absurd.

• Options

@Raufus said:

How do you disable blockers? It's amazing that they think that everyone just knows this stuff. Maddening.

I logged on w/IE and was able to get 3 JUST before they went out.

ad blockers are installed by a human running a computer to block web page ads.

if you have not installed an ad blocker, then the fix is not for you.

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

How did you get this as an enrollment? I tried and it wouldn't let me.

• Options
    edited July 20, 2021 9:24AM

Tried get a second one just now and "This product is currently unavailable."

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy for those that had success.
    Still no interest by me.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@Kdennison said:

@Mgarmy said:

we enrolled months ago when the choice was available. the choice is not available right now. I assume their enrollment amount is full.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't get by the press and hold to prove I'm human on Google Chrome and I know I don't have any ad blocking installed... seems like something else going on... was able to get right on and order using Firefox though... luckily had time.

• Options

@Kdennison said:

@Mgarmy said:

Their site says you have to be enrolled 2 days before the coins go on sale, but would not let me enroll in any item.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

Site as terrible as always. got an order number for 2 coins. No email yet.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t go great for me. Got some, but not as many as I had hoped. Kept freezing when I submitted order. Now I have an email for two different order numbers for the same account. Of course the order info page is down so I can’t see what I got. Hope they don’t get canceled!

• Options

they orders will appear in your account after about 30 minutes.

If you call after than, you can cancel the duplicate order.

It's been a long time since I've heard of someone saying they duplicate ordered. I am really, really not aware of what will happen if you leave both orders.... and if you cancel one. I'd guess it's safer to cancel 1.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file