Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****OFFICIAL 2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread*****

Comments

• Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭

Well, after years of selling coins online, you would think they would realize they have a problem when new coins drop.

Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

Another Failure by the US Mint Servers

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Just a cynical thought....sooooo the dealers were guaranteed 15% of the available coins ....and what would stop them from doing as always and sucking up more but with a huge head start?

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Was anyone else surprised to see the June availability date? That changes the calculation on these as you may not have to wait 5 months for delivery.

I was under the impression that that was the date the mint would have started or completed minting of the coins. But I'm not an expert on the mint's processes or special terminology.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I successfully ordered one of each at 9:01.

Checked back 5 minutes later and there was still a CC in my bag. I deleted it from my bag and received the cloud flare.

I checked back at 9:19 and it was still in my bag. Instead of deleting it again I added the O and checked out without a problem.

• Options
    TheBlackKnightTheBlackKnight Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

20 minutes later and numerous bad gateway errors, I finally got my confirmation page.
    Both sold out now.

The impossible just takes longer.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

Got 2 -O's, CC's got kicked out of my order. Will Trade and O for a CC if any one is up for that.

• Options
    Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else refreshing the product page, just in case?

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Same had both I cart...processing...then you know the drill. Oh well. Only wanted 1 of each for collection. I’ll play the 730 game a few days then just wait until secondary market and if not stupid crazy in price will pick them up if not upset. Will use money on other things.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

No luck. Bad decision from mint on quantity of 10. Lot of angry customers.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 12:12PM

I wasn't expecting a full sell through today.

I accidentally ordered a box with 1x O and 2x CC. not what I wanted.

So, I planned to cancel that order after placing one of each.

I got the O into the cart and ordered successfully.

In the process of getting the CC I somehow ended up with 4 in the cart. By the time I got it changed to 1x, they went unavailable.

now I have a box with 1x O & 2x CC
    and a box with 1x O.

should I be able to order a box with a 1x CC tomorrow, I'll cancel the order with 1x + 2x

If I can't get a box with a single CC, then I'll have and extra one of each. in that case, if anyone wants a non first strike O and CC, you can post in this thread and maybe we can work something out for cost but that's an IF.

Since I am BST skittish, it’d have to be with someone established.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll see what level they hit ebay at next month.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Well, that was a major cluster.

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

The game is RIGGED,

• Rigged I tell you!!

I guess I'm back to collecting the old ones that really are rare coins.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

After a lot of errors and crashes I was able to get in a total of 4 separate orders for a total of 2 of each privy mark. It took staying with it but couldn't believe I was able to. I too noticed the June in stock day, that will probably do away with the cancellations.

Also a question - would it be a reasonable trade of one of these privy mint Morgans for a 75th anniversary WWW II medal?

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Are we done for the day and maybe back in the morning. I still have a few in my cart! B)

• Options

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

So do I understand that was 175,000 of each privy that just sold? 350K coins in about 20 minutes ?

That's maybe 15,000 orders per minute, and $29,750,000 in sales in that 20 minute period. Check my math.

If you're mad the servers failed, think about that velocity.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    No luck. Bad decision from mint on quantity of 10. Lot of angry customers.

Well that came from these message boards

• Options
    alangloialangloi Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

had both in my cart, but could not pay for them as the site kept crashing and burning; end result - zip. I am not a happy camper.

• Options

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife and I both ended up getting 10 of each, after many refreshes. Was not expecting them to sell out so fast.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭

It's sad how other sites can figure this out... I also am collecting the Music Legends series from the Royal Mint, their latest dropped this morning at 2am mountain time, I set an alarm, when I went to their site, it put me in a queue with a number showing where I was in queue. The number counted down from 1900 to 0 in about 10 minutes, then I got on, ordered the coin and went back to bed. Because the excess traffic sat in queue, once in the site there were no issues at all. I had >20 gateway errors at the US Mint site along with a handful of other frustrating errors.

• Options
    davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Ended up with 2 CC and 10 O through 3 separate orders. What a mess.

• Options
    mountain_goatmountain_goat Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Got 10 each. First CC order number USM09579XXX, second O order number USM09675XXX. Credit card was pinged for first order.

• Options
    colorcommemcolorcommem Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

Was able to get 10 cc at 9:19 am

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

…I got 3 of each…from an iPhone, on a farm, in the middle of nowhere in coastal CT…so anyone who got screwed needs to upgrade their PC or Mac, thanks all ;)

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

I got one order of 4 each. Then another order of 1 cc. I’ll see how things go but probably want the 1 cc for my self regardless.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had an order confirmation page on one but didn’t get an email and no CAC charge :/

• Options
    Bullet01Bullet01 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:
    …I got 3 of each…from an iPhone, on a farm, in the middle of nowhere in coastal CT…so anyone who got screwed needs to upgrade their PC or Mac, thanks all ;)

There's always that one guy who has it all figured out. lol

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndeagles said:
    Looks like maybe I got one of each, 22 minutes if bad gateway errors and other errors, it signed me out, dropped my credit card, made me reset, I never saw a completed order screen in the mint website, it went to error "page can't be found" but did get an email confirmation of my order.

On one attempt I went to page not found but order wasn't placed.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

I jumped on right at noon and had to deal with these problems. My buddy in California called to say that he was having trouble getting through, etc. So I said I'd go in and try to order for him. Lots of gateway errors, and other performance issues. But I got through. The email for "my" order came through at 12:08 and the email for "his" order came through at 12:16. The two number are 55,000 orders apart. So it's not surprising that they sold out in 30 min.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    alangloialangloi Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:

No, the mints needs to upgrade their servers/routers/gateway and replace the head of the IT department there too!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had 10 pieces of each in my shopping cart 3 minutes in, got to the final "place order" screen and it crashed with the bad gateway page. Did this TEN TIMES. On time number 11 it informed me that both items are no longer available. #$!% the Mint.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

I got the confirmation email but when I go to the mint site and I go under my orders it says order history not available very bizarre

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Was anyone else surprised to see the June availability date? That changes the calculation on these as you may not have to wait 5 months for delivery.

I can't find where it says that?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    I wasn't expecting a full sell through today.

I accidentally ordered a box with 1x O and 2x CC. not what I wanted.

So, I planned to cancel that order after placing one of each.

I got the O into the cart and ordered successfully.

In the process of getting the CC I somehow ended up with 4 in the cart. By the time I got it changed to 1x, they went unavailable.

now I have a box with 1x O & 2x CC
    and a box with 1x O.

should I be able to order a box with a 1x CC tomorrow, I'll cancel the order with 1x + 2x

If I can't get a box with a single CC, then I'll have and extra one of each. in that case, if anyone wants a non first strike O and CC, you can post in this thread and maybe we can work something out for cost but that's an IF.

1st in line on this? :)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 9:52AM

@Raufus said:
    I got the confirmation email but when I go to the mint site and I go under my orders it says order history not available very bizarre

it is typical that the My Orders page does not work the crazy day.

also, it takes at least 30 minutes, if not more, for orders to show up on non-crazy days. Also the 1-800 people can't see them until that long after, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Let's try tomorrow morning?

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I wish I got 10 each but I am sure those who were not able to get 1 today should have no problems picking up one in October once they ship. Maybe go to the BST and see if someone is willing to share their good fortune today to give one up. I ended up getting 1 each so I am happy. I did try and get 2 more each after the 1st purchase but time ran out. I think was all know how the first 20 minutes went.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 and 10 for me. Great success!

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    edited May 24, 2021 9:52AM

So how many more of these are there that we go through this every time....?

I am still so thankful that I was able to get a V75 gold Eagle that I cannot let this stuff frustrate me. Or at least I can try to not let this stuff frustrate me...

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

I went to check that myself on the odd chance that one of my order attempts went through... same thing happened.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    numinumi Posts: 29 ✭✭

Twenty minutes for ten unsuccessful checkout on ten ccs. Sold out. Went for the os and checked out first time one time at 23 minutes. Email confirmed.

I've played this game before. Felt as if the checkouts were going to work but they did not.

numi
  • Options

@Raufus said:
    So how many more of these are there that we go through this every time....?

I am still so thankful that I was able to get a V75 gold Eagle that I cannot let this stuff frustrate me. Or at least I can try to not let this stuff frustrate me...

This one didn’t frustrate me like the gold v75 and having in my cart and not able to check out for weeks.
    If I can get some of these release ok, if not that’s ok too.

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

So damned angering.

This discussion has been closed.