Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Customer Service

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just called customer service and the message was that they had all of the same day call backs full and to call back tomorrow...click.

Seriously?

Comments

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. The reps are probably still working from home due to COVID-19. Best to call in the morning and if you don't want to hold you have the option to have them call you back. It works. Try it.😎

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I emailed them on Monday and have yet to hear back. I know what’s going on and my question isn’t urgent, so it’s not a big deal, but to be unable to reach a company one sends thousands of dollars of coins to is at least mildly discomforting.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 4:58PM

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    I emailed them on Monday and have yet to hear back. I know what’s going on and my question isn’t urgent, so it’s not a big deal, but to be unable to reach a company one sends thousands of dollars of coins to is at least mildly discomforting.

It could be a week or two before you get a reply. I have a bunch of coins to send in but I won't until the services are back to normal.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing with our representatives in the government, they won't pick up so you have to leave a message.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Yes. The reps are probably still working from home due to COVID-19. Best to call in the morning and if you don't want to hold you have the option to have them call you back. It works. Try it.😎

Yes, they do call you back. Twice they called me back, once at 3 pm and once at 7:10pm.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 5:18PM

Customer service in general sucks everywhere. I just had to get my Ebay account unlocked (potential hacked account) - good grief that was painful. Their links don't work and the only way to make contact is through chat. Can't call any longer.

Most customer service models now are all about Your self-empowerment to navigate their website so their computers can process your stuff with no human hands to touch a thing in the name of efficiency and savings.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are corporate now, everything gets a cost vs benefit wash. I doubt they even have/pay attention to advanced call center metrics if they just pass you to treatment and hang up on you.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today's situation, in most businesses, is far from normal. What has been set up, was set up with the thought it was temporary... and is lasting a lot longer. Patience for now.... Hopefully things will improve later this year...Cheers, RickO

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I have an order where the label was not including the provenance I requested and I caught it before the shipment was sent back to me. I got a callback from customer service and they placed the order on hold to rectify the issue. Now a week plus later, the issue isn’t fixed, the order is still on hold, and for four days in a row I called to get a call back and nothing. Same issue in a second submission but no sense I trying to fix. This is just bad.

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 6:08PM

I can relate @Boosibri different but hurts the same
    I’m hoping after Covid is over I will be able to talk to someone that can help me :'(
    I didn’t think it was to much to ask for but, my hopes are high. PCGS has always been the leader
    and living here in so cal where the are it’s amazing they can get anything done.

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is one good thing about the coin grading business, they can't dump it on the customer completely and call it "self service". That's what every other business seems be to trying to do.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

I spoke with PCGS Customer Service today regarding my coins sitting in the P.O. since Monday morning(4 days) without being picked up. I was called back within the hour and was told the reason it that because of both the Covid issues and now the Texas weather catastrophe they are being inundated with packages that have been held up by the various delivery sources. Their security department, who picks up their packages, will only pick up what they can handle at the arrival station at PCGS and will take them only as they arrived and unfortunately they are constantly behind until this massive shipping issue is behind them. As good an explanation as I could expect and I thank them for telling me more than "Covid Causing it", which everyone else tells you.
    BTW for 3 weeks, the USPS could not even tell me where my package was only that it left the Post Office in Charleston, WV. Nothing after for 3 Weeks! What is the point in paying extra for tracking. Discusting for the Post Office who constantly wants more money. Rant over,
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    So I have an order where the label was not including the provenance I requested and I caught it before the shipment was sent back to me. I got a callback from customer service and they placed the order on hold to rectify the issue. Now a week plus later, the issue isn’t fixed, the order is still on hold, and for four days in a row I called to get a call back and nothing. Same issue in a second submission but no sense I trying to fix. This is just bad.

don't give up on that second one fight like a spartan

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 8:53PM

Boosi- same thing happened to me with the ASE v75. I caught that they had not done the first strike attribution after they had already charged me but not shipped yet. It delayed it three weeks on top
    Of the month it had already been there but they fixed it. My blue pcgs box came with a recall sticker on it with my name but In the end they did fix it. So there is hope

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm last time I called NGC the phone was answered and I spoke to a live person to have my questions answered in five minutes or less. I've had no need to call PCGS for many years so I have no experience with any issues happening there now.
    Probably helps that Florida does not have all the restrictions in place that CA does, I guess there could be other reasons also.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

@ms70 said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

It could be a week or two before you get a reply. I have a bunch of coins to send in but I won't until the services are back to normal.

For the record, I have still not received a response and have given up on expecting one.

• ksuscottksuscott Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

I submitted a crossover special that was received at the end of last year. When I received my invoice I noticed that I was billed using this year's rates instead of last year's rates. I contacted customer service over two weeks ago, and the customer service agent said he'd issue a refund for the overcharge. I never received an e-mail confirmation for the refund and my account still hasn't been credited. It's not a large amount, but it is frustrating when you don't receive the service you expect.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Customer Service (such as it is) is still very much lacking at PCGS.

My experience today: I called, got in the queue, and set up a callback. Received my callback and started discussing my issue with the representative who returned my call. Within the first 15 seconds, we got disconnected. No callback, no follow-up, nothing.

This after e-mailing (Feb 23), calling (Mar 11), responding to the follow-up email (Mar 11), and e-mailing again (Mar 22).

There is something seriously broken at PCGS. (And I wasn't even going to discuss that my 3 orders haven't progressed in the last 2 weeks....)

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    Customer Service (such as it is) is still very much lacking at PCGS.

My experience today: I called, got in the queue, and set up a callback. Received my callback and started discussing my issue with the representative who returned my call. Within the first 15 seconds, we got disconnected. No callback, no follow-up, nothing.

This after e-mailing (Feb 23), calling (Mar 11), responding to the follow-up email (Mar 11), and e-mailing again (Mar 22).

There is something seriously broken at PCGS. (And I wasn't even going to discuss that my 3 orders haven't progressed in the last 2 weeks....)

Maybe this is the new normal??

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

As long as the government handouts keep coming in terms of extra unemployment $$ and economic payments, anyone in the min wage to $18 an hour pay scale is pulling in nearly double their pay to sit home—I guess then we all suffer. Time to end the payments and get people back to work.

• RedCopperRedCopper Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

At least coin grading is easier to get done compared with sports card grading

This has been a difficult time for most people. I think PCGS has and continues to do their best to keep their business operations open and running for us.

At the end of the day these are coins and currency. Material things. The health and safety of their employees should come first.

For those of you complaining you need to stop, take a step back and relax. You will get your submissions back and your issues will be addressed as soon as possible.

Be glad PCGS hasn't stopped accepting submissions like PSA has with trading cards. Their customers have to wait until July 1st to submit their cards!

Enjoy your weekend!😎

edited April 12, 2021 12:36PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    This has been a difficult time for most people. I think PCGS has and continues to do their best to keep their business operations open and running for us.

At the end of the day these are coins and currency. Material things. The health and safety of their employees should come first.

For those of you complaining you need to stop, take a step back and relax. You will get your submissions back and your issues will be addressed as soon as possible.

Be glad PCGS hasn't stopped accepting submissions like PSA has with trading cards. Their customers have to wait until July 1st to submit their cards!

Enjoy your weekend!😎

Demand appears to be inelastic

• cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

I attended the PCGS Members Show back on January 6th, and brought in some submissions. One of the submissions was a group of 6 coins (already graded by PCGS) for re-holder service. After a series of emails and attending the March PCGS Members Show, and pleading my case, they finished the service on April 1st - just 85 days later from submission to completion, THANKS to the efforts of Aly and Jakqlyne!!

@Boosibri said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Enjoy your weekend!😎

If demand is inelastic why bother improving? Is that calculated complacency?

I guess you don't understand the impact of COVID-19 on businesses and their employees. If you are that unhappy with PCGS then stop doing business with them.🙄

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    Same thing with our representatives in the government, they won't pick up so you have to leave a message.

And if they do, they don't listen.

edited April 10, 2021 1:23PM

@coinsarefun said:

I can relate @Boosibri different but hurts the same
    I’m hoping after Covid is over I will be able to talk to someone that can help me :'(
    I didn’t think it was to much to ask for but, my hopes are high. PCGS has always been the leader
    and living here in so cal where the are it’s amazing they can get anything done.

Maybe it's time for them to move.

@jesbroken said:
    I spoke with PCGS Customer Service today regarding my coins sitting in the P.O. since Monday morning(4 days) without being picked up. I was called back within the hour and was told the reason it that because of both the Covid issues and now the Texas weather catastrophe they are being inundated with packages that have been held up by the various delivery sources. Their security department, who picks up their packages, will only pick up what they can handle at the arrival station at PCGS and will take them only as they arrived and unfortunately they are constantly behind until this massive shipping issue is behind them. As good an explanation as I could expect and I thank them for telling me more than "Covid Causing it", which everyone else tells you.
    BTW for 3 weeks, the USPS could not even tell me where my package was only that it left the Post Office in Charleston, WV. Nothing after for 3 Weeks! What is the point in paying extra for tracking. Discusting for the Post Office who constantly wants more money. Rant over,
    Jim

One of my packages was within thirty miles of my house and USPS sent it four states away and lost it. Third time that this has happened (different shipments). Two research cases were opened and nothing so far. Going on a month and a half. Local post office is great - it's the distribution facilities that have problems.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cardinal said:
    I attended the PCGS Members Show back on January 6th, and brought in some submissions. One of the submissions was a group of 6 coins (already graded by PCGS) for re-holder service. After a series of emails and attending the March PCGS Members Show, and pleading my case, they finished the service on April 1st - just 85 days later from submission to completion, THANKS to the efforts of Aly and Jakqlyne!!

oh man if cardinal's walkthroughs are taking 85 days we're all effed

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like they are trying to address this. :)

https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/jobs/list

Customer Service Representative Level II

Division: Collectors Universe

To answer customer inquiries for PCGS and PSA divisions. Provide service information and resolve issues and complaints over the phone, e-mail or in person.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

Handle Customer Service phone calls
    Respond and resolve Customer Service e-mails
    Inform prospective and existing customers of company services, memberships, procedures, policies, and promotions
    Sell and place orders for memberships and supplies
    Research and resolve complaints or issues according to company policies and procedures
    Make calls to follow up on questions, complaints and issues
    Attend trade shows as company representative
    Provide general office support
    Experience / Skills:

Associate degree or equivalent preferred.
    2+ years Customer Service experience.
    Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence.
    Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
    Microsoft Office-Excel and Word proficiency preferred.
    Active Listening Skills.
    Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
    Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in U.S. This is a full-time position. No recruiters.

Please submit your resume and completed application to: jobs@collectors.com

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@tcollects said:

@cardinal said:

I bet if “cardinal” changed his username to “pope”, he’d get faster service.

My point is that some of the Customer Service people actually do try to help. By the time that I met up with Aly at the March Members show, 82 days had already passed. Then, Aly stepped in, and wooosh that submission was finished and on its way back to me.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cardinal said:

@MFeld said:

@tcollects said:

@cardinal said:

My point is that some of the Customer Service people actually do try to help. By the time that I met up with Aly at the March Members show, 82 days had already passed. Then, Aly stepped in, and wooosh that submission was finished and on its way back to me.

I don’t doubt that for a minute.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

I recently received a response from PCGS on April 5th, to an email inquiry I'd sent on February 15th. Of course by then, the information contained the response was irrelevant. It almost would have been better if they hadn't answered at all, because all it did was remind me of how long ago I'd sent that email — but I appreciate them trying.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@tcollects said:

@cardinal said:

He wouldn't have to submit at all. One wave of the hand and "Perfection".
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021 4:56PM

I've had nothing but excellent service by PCGS. Yes, sometimes it may have been somewhat slow, compared to better times, but let's give them a break considering it's CA. I phoned several weeks ago and was # 82 in the que. Guess what, later that day I received a call and issue was resolved.

Keep up the great work Customer Service.

Now, let's talk about you not grading my coins correctly... ;)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
    edited April 11, 2021 5:50PM

@lablover said:
    I've had nothing but excellent service by PCGS. Yes, sometimes it may have been somewhat slow, compared to better times, but let's give them a break considering it's CA. I phoned several weeks ago and was # 82 in the que. Guess what, later that day I received a call and issue was resolved.

I won't give CA any breaks - as for PCGS, they must be swamped. Everyone spending their stimulus money and all. Go to a show or on-line auction, coins are selling at a brisk pace. Many probably are sent to the TPGs for grading - thus a backlog.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Exbrit said:

@lablover said:

I won't give CA any breaks - as for PCGS, they must be swamped. Everyone spending their stimulus money and all. Go to a show or on-line auction, coins are selling at a brisk pace. Many probably are sent to the TPGs for grading - thus a backlog.

There PSA sportscard division suspended grading for 3 months. Business is a booming

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. At least he's consistent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file