Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... Nice silver finds there... Dimes seem to be the most frequent silver finds...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only a Canadian 5c coin and an Italian 1 eurocent.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone found a gold coin at a coin machine or in a roll of bank coins?

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2021 12:11PM

@mrcommem said:

A user over on Cointalk reported finding a 1/10oz Krugerrand in the Coinstar reject slot back in October. Moreover, if I recall correctly, somebody found an Indian Head $2.50 almost a decade ago.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/coin-star-reject-bin-finds-this-am.367836/

Edit: Scroll down to post #170.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/reject-tube-coinstar-finds.201092/page-9

delenda est WitterU

• Options

@mrcommem said:

No gold coins, but I did find a size 10 14k wedding band a little more than a year ago in the trash can next to the machine. The largest silver coin I have found, another trash can next to the machine find - a Spanish 100 pesetas from 1966 - a bit smaller than a silver dollar.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Wow... finding a gold coin in the coinstar reject slot would make my year....maybe the decade even. ;) Finding one in a roll seems more likely, but still it would be the find of a lifetime. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Nice... A silver Rosie.... I have not found anything in the coinstar for a couple of weeks...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Wow... Nice silver finds there... Dimes seem to be the most frequent silver finds...Cheers, RickO

After a few years of searching and seven or eight individual silver dime finds, my wife finally found her first silver quarter. Like others, plenty of foreign including Canadian silver but no silver U.S. Quarter until now.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

@MaineJim .... Very nice... two silver dimes....Is that BN cent a wheatie?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a wheat cent but does look like one. I thought that also at first glance. I think I better take a walk through the store tomorrow!

Jim

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

this thread is pure coin collecting. i love it

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBSTrader2 said:
    nwcoast: Looks like a decent number of old & new Canadians in that dishl! Would be fun to learn what their breakdown was. :)

Maybe one of these days, or weeks, I’ll take it all apart and go through the dish- sharing the results.
    It’s been a hard past handful of years but I’m retired now and finally catching up some after moving.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    After a two-month drought:

Netherlands Aruba 25 cents 2000

:)

Lol. Just found one of those the other day. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2021 3:04PM

Just picked this up...

I love this design the best out of all 5 2020's. I already decided, no matter what, I'm going to place these 40 quarters aside. W or not. I'm anticipating my first W Somoa Quarter. Maybe it's lurking in this roll? Lol

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Just picked this up...

I love this design the best out of all 5 2020's. I already decided, no matter what, I'm going to place these 40 quarters aside. W or not. I'm anticipating my first W Somoa Quarter. Maybe it's lurking in this roll? Lol

Wrong thread I believe. good luck with your search.

• Options

Lol.lol.lol. Sorry, getting old. :D

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@mannie gray said:
    Finally my long Coin star dry spell has ended.

Now use those tools to MacGyver your way into the machine - Your treasure awaits :D

Why didn't I think of that?

• Options

The paper clip and bobby pin are more than I have found in about a month.... definite extended dry spell. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a South Carolina quarter on my walk yesterday. I guess I can stay retired.

• Options

35c in one and 11c in another. All to the donation bin.

• Options

One SHQ Saturday in the reject slot.... Oh well... Have not found anything in a couple of three weeks...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an interesting question:
    to whom does the money in the reject slot legally belong to?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

11 cents yesterday.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2021 7:18AM

@YQQ said:

I would guess the person who put the coins into the machine and left the rejects.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:

@YQQ said:

I would guess the person who put the coins into the machine and left the rejects.

I guess you can say the same for the person who drops a quarter in the Home Depot parking lot.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO HDEP is different
    The machines are located within someones property and are under their care.
    it is like taking something from their shelves and walking out??? is it not?
    I do not believe that the money just simply belongs to anyone who takes it, because it is there.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options

I have seen store employees scoop up the change in the reject bin and put it in their pocket. It belongs to whomever picks it up. I did, however, have a woman come up to me as I was scooping coins out and said "Oh, I did not realize there was a reject slot... I just dumped my coins and got my receipt cashed in." I gave her the coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I have seen store employees scoop up the change in the reject bin and put it in their pocket. It belongs to whomever picks it up. I did, however, have a woman come up to me as I was scooping coins out and said "Oh, I did not realize there was a reject slot... I just dumped my coins and got my receipt cashed in." I gave her the coins. Cheers, RickO

Most folks couldn't care less about the "stuck together" Zincolns I seem to find . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2021 8:21PM

My first find in a few months, still better than a Zincoln.

delenda est WitterU

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

@Modwriter said:

@Modwriter said:
    I just got a 2004 Chuck E. Cheese token, 2 stuck together cents, and a road rash roosie.

Found out the Chuck E. Cheese tokens are keepers. They are selling on the bay.

If that is the case then I'm rich!

lol. I send the tokens and foreign coins I find in coinstar to a friend of mine. As a non collector she seems to enjoy them.

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Nothing in the reject bin today at the supermarket BUT the shopper in front of me left his change in the coin dispenser bin and walked away. I paid cash and just scooped it all up.

• Options

I have been in a real drought for a few weeks now....Got to be a treasure in the slot soon... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@ricko said:
    I have been in a real drought for a few weeks now....Got to be a treasure in the slot soon... :D Cheers, RickO

I've been striking out left and right lately and today the Coinstar Gods finally answered. Don't lose faith. Amazing how a single silver dime can get the blood pumping. RGDS!

Dang, especially a BIRTH YEAR silver dime . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@ZoidMeister....Not for me, I was in high school then.... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file