Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, been there, done that...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foraiur said:
    Lost my job and my wife, but I snagged a silver medal so it's kind of a wash so far. It's a pretty chill year for me but after no sleeping for a couple weeks starting to realize how crazy everyone else is.

Hahaha, welcome to the nuthouse!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2020 8:48AM

At least Moby Dick appeared semi-regularly!

And I don't believe that Ahab's harpoons were "rate limited"!

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    on the moby dick theme - getting up early to chase the ASE v75 has become Ahab-it

I slept in today, who's in for tomorrow?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    on the moby dick theme - getting up early to chase the ASE v75 has become Ahab-it

I slept in today, who's in for tomorrow?

Gonna keep going!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome....so see you in the morning? 😁

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

Have only missed two days so far.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foraiur said:
    Dear Diary,
    I have stopped responding to anyone who doesn't address me as the future owner of an Official End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin with the symbolic V75 privy mark stamped on the obverse.
    Hit my 100,000 refresh anniversary today. To my chagrin the kids keep butting in. “Please dad.” “Dad, we’re hungry.” “Dad, the cops are knocking again.” Imagine if refresh 322,259 is when the Mint updates the site with a coin in inventory! That would mean I’m only 222,259 refreshes away! Once they learn more about math they'll understand there were only 1,945 minted! Jim keeps calling. I know we served together, but what a jerk. I can’t be friends with someone who doesn’t own an Official End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin with the symbolic V75 privy mark stamped on the obverse. With my new magnifying glass, I’ll be able to easily spot the symbolic V75 privy mark stamped on the obverse after I get the coin. Maybe I’ll make a special hat that dangles the coin in front of my face while I walk and sleep. That would be a nice reminder that I am someone, someone who owns the Official End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin with the symbolic V75 privy mark stamped on the obverse.

Awesome!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

@foraiur. if you don't own one yet why would we want to talk to you? keep refreshing dreamer, signed: owners of the Official End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin with the symbolic V75 privy mark stamped on the obverse. Until then take care of your kids and answer the door so the cops can serve you a warrant for daring to bother those of us that actually own an Official End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin with the symbolic V75 privy mark stamped on the obverse. Thank you and good luck.

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I would sooner spend $20k on 4 or 5 "super" classic coins to finish off a couple of my UNC sets that have one of two annoying holes in them!

I agree. Or ten or so AGE or Buffalo one ouncers if I desire to stack more bullion-after all, these are bullion coins. Scarce, perhaps, but certainly not rare!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 5:30AM

@batumi said:

@RichR said:
    I would sooner spend $20k on 4 or 5 "super" classic coins to finish off a couple of my UNC sets that have one of two annoying holes in them!

I agree. Or ten or so AGE or Buffalo one ouncers if I desire to stack more bullion-after all, these are bullion coins. Scarce, perhaps, but certainly not rare!

I'm not sure I would label the proof version of anything as a "bullion coin".

Is a proof $10 Liberty a "bullion coin"?

• Options

On station

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Nada

• Options

Nothin so far

• Options

Nada,,,

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing today.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

Nada with the Mayflower 2 coin set...

• Options

Zero through 7:50

• Options
    borderlineInsaneborderlineInsane Posts: 15
    edited November 28, 2020 6:06AM

how many on the west coast ... this routine of getting up at 4am is getting to me

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 6:50AM

Nothing at 8:30 AM EST.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@borderlineInsane said:
    how many on the west coast ... this routine of getting up at 4am is getting to me

You ought to be on the west west coast when we are talking about 3am. I wish it was 4am...

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any label experts here... I was looking at labels and thinking that "First Strike" should always have the US Flag on it. But with "Gold Shield" it appears that the flag has been removed. I like the flag in the corner and find this as a bummer moment. I take it there is no way to have First Strike Gold Shield with the Flag in the corner? Anyone try?

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Silver V75 arrived today,
    Missed out on day of issue after trying for a full 1.5 hrs.
    Acquired 11/28-20, via the USM 0730 offerings...

Beautiful! Congrats!!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

Congrats @ECHOES !

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Acquired 11/21-20, via the USM 0730 offerings...

Edit, 11/21-20

Nice job! Were you able to get silver and gold? Or were you just trying for silver?

• Options

@Dirt94 said:

@ECHOES said:
    Acquired 11/21-20, via the USM 0730 offerings...

Edit, 11/21-20

Nice job! Were you able to get silver and gold? Or were you just trying for silver?

Silver only...

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

The silver V75 examples seem to be in the 350-400 range and will continue to fall. I looked at some final sales in and around the 5th some paid as much as $600, ouch.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@ECHOES said:
    Nada with the Mayflower 2 coin set...

Just wait it out, they"ll eventually be available for issue price or maybe less as the economy reopens.

• Options

On station

• Options

It flipped. Got it in cart again ...no check out

• Options

I got a silver. There's something weird here. There were so few of the V75 coins left. Could they have had that many cancellations?

• Options

Congrats to all today!!!!

• Options

Got it into the cart, forgot the security code on my card, ran downstairs to get my wallet, no longer available, !@#$!

• Options
    edited November 29, 2020 5:43AM

There were also 100 silver medals available. I bought 11 of those.

This is odd since there were 19994 sold as of last Sunday.

• Options

Fingers crossed for you guys

• Options

NOOOOOO! I accidently slept in! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭Congrats to the ones who got it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file