Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    If they let me checkout I will pay them 2600

Gladly!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    is the Mint offering refunds to those who paid $2600?

If you return an item, you are refunded the amount you paid...

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2020 12:57PM

Buy high, sell low? Or is it return low? Or re-buy low to sell really high? I'm confused.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think they will release any tomorrow? Wonder if it involves any people or is it all automated?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Think they will release any tomorrow? Wonder if it involves any people or is it all automated?

Only one way to find out,
    See you in the AM... :# lol

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Yep

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

See you tomorrow morning!

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there. See ya fellas!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    is the Mint offering refunds to those who paid $2600?

Are you willing to pay an extra $100 after you buy it if the price of gold goes up?

The price is based on a formula pegged to the price of gold. It automatically adjusts once per week.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

It's on a timer

• Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Mgarmy said:

It's on a timer

Really, what time do they usually set in EST?

Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options

@F117ASR said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Mgarmy said:

It's on a timer

Really, what time do they usually set in EST?

They've been dickering with it lately. It used to always be 7:30 a.m. EST. But they've been moving it around a little, lately, to either confuse us or confuse the bots...or both. LOL

• Options

It slowed up at 7am but nothing flipped. Half hour to go. Happy thanksgiving fellow
    V75 hunters

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    It slowed up at 7am but nothing flipped. Half hour to go. Happy thanksgiving fellow
    V75 hunters

Happy Thanksgiving

• Options

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Options

Nada

• Options

Nothin at 6:30. System was updated though

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

flipped at 0530 MST. two 24K gold EOWII coin available and 3 each of the mayflower golds.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2020 5:32AM

7:30 it was

I saw 3 each of the Mayflower gold sets and RP and 3 of the WW II 24 kt gold coin (not the AGE).

• Options

Oh well, Happy Thanksgiving guys!

• Options

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃🍁

• Options

Nada Mayflower 2 Coin Set...

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

no on the ASE .... Happy Thanksgiving ya'll

• Options

Refreshed till 7:41. Never flipped for me

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

wake up before, doze off, then wake up again after it is all over. Oh Well ! :s Tomorrow is gonna be another day.

Need one of those cheaper Golds.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    roll call -

Here, sir.

• Options

Here! (I think?)

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

🖐

• Options

holla

• Options

I wouldn't really expect anything today. They weren't working yesterday.

• Options

Nada

• Options

nada

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint should do a Dutch auction. List limited edition coins at say 10,000 a coin. Reduce cost every 10 minutes until they are sold out. You get your coin at the price you bid. Wait too long, miss out.

• Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

Nothing, so far...

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    roll call -

Late but here! Nothin so far

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    The mint should do a Dutch auction. List limited edition coins at say 10,000 a coin. Reduce cost every 10 minutes until they are sold out. You get your coin at the price you bid. Wait too long, miss out.

Why not just auction them outright? Afraid they will run up the price on you?

• Options

Nada again

• Options
    edited November 27, 2020 5:41AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

?? Panini does this on limited edition sports cards. I’ve never seen a retailer do it but it made me think.

• Options

nothing as of yet

• Options
    edited November 27, 2020 5:50AM

Wonder if its a cst or mtn start time today

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Wonder if it would s a cst or mtn start time today

Actually, if there is any update today, it might well be late in the day.

The update you see in the morning isn't done live. It is the result of the day before. Since no one was working yesterday (probably), not a surprise that there was no catalog update.

The real question is whether anyone is working today either. LOL. I mean, someone in the IT department, not someone in shipping. If so, they could do an update this morning and schedule it for release anytime in the day.

Please stay at your computers refreshing until something shows up. ;)

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

?? Panini does this on limited edition sports cards. I’ve never seen a retailer do it but it made me think.

It's not the worst idea, but it would be just as chaotic at release, wouldn't it? I mean you'd still have 300,000 people logged in all trying to snare one

Not to mention the V75 AGE would have likely sold out at close to $10k. You would really hear the "man on the street" screaming about how the "dealers got them all".

• Options

It seemed to hang up at 8am but no flip

• Options

tried from 0528-0606 MST with no catalog flip, signing off

• Options

I haven’t been on the forum for about a year, work has been kicking my behind this year. I am taking the rest of the year off so came back to see the mint was releasing some crazy low mintage coins. I missed the v75 coin release but was able to snag one after release. It’s been a crazy year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file