Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Omg, I FINALLY got a V75 AGE!!! Thank G-d and thank the incredibly kind and generous members who have helped me out.

Was refreshing at 08:30, nothing at exactly 08:30. Couple more refreshs and, couldn't believe it, there it was. Blasted thru to submit, seemed to take FOREVER, was praying for once to see order summary w an order number and, after a week, thete it was.

Order confirmation email arrived at 08:31. Went to order status and there it is. Paid for next day shipping.

So happy but on pins and needles hoping that it doesn't get canceled for any reason.

Fingers crossed. Will b the pride of my AGE collection never to be sold.

Wishing everyone great luck. Profound thanks to all who shared.

Way to go!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Got the 24kt 1/2 oz just now, but I was ambivalent about it. I really like the design, but it was crazy expensive. Flippers on EBay already selling at cost at $1550. I hope this holds value over time, but I kind of doubt it.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:
    Got the 24kt 1/2 oz just now, but I was ambivalent about it. I really like the design, but it was crazy expensive. Flippers on EBay already selling at cost at $1550. I hope this holds value over time, but I kind of doubt it.

$1550 is not cost, but not much markup.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all those to get one@@ Amazing! The site here was so crowded, it just froze here on my end.

• Options

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

No, it is at cost. There is typically 10-13% in fees, plus shipping.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Ok the gold was up. Was in processing and kicked out. So close.> @Raufus said:

Omg, I FINALLY got a V75 AGE!!! Thank G-d and thank the incredibly kind and generous members who have helped me out.

Was refreshing at 08:30, nothing at exactly 08:30. Couple more refreshs and, couldn't believe it, there it was. Blasted thru to submit, seemed to take FOREVER, was praying for once to see order summary w an order number and, after a week, thete it was.

Order confirmation email arrived at 08:31. Went to order status and there it is. Paid for next day shipping.

So happy but on pins and needles hoping that it doesn't get canceled for any reason.

Congrats!. I would be excited too.

• Options

@Raufus

Congratulations!!! glad you were able to snag it!!

i was not so fortunate was so close yet so far oh well theres always tomorrow

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    So what is the prevailing wisdom on leaving it in your cart...helps or hurts?

100%, no question helps!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

@Raufus
    Congratulations! That's awesome!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Congrats!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Congrats to everyone who beat the insurmountable odds this morning!!!! Awesome!!!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Thank u!!! Been off the forum for a few minutes. Called the Mint to be sure no issues. Even though I called my CC prior to advise them of intended purchase I called again to be sure no issues. Taking no chances. Praying nothing happens.

Covering all of your bases. Smart.

Enjoy the coin. :)

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@Raufus congrats!!

• Options

@Halfpence said:

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

I see an active auction with the bid up to $1550 thus far, but Ebay sold prices showing between $1625 and low $2000's. I agree the fees coupled with shipping would make it about cost if sold for $1550.

• Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

@Halfpence said:

I kind of have the same feeling. Most of the gold coins I own are usually less than $200 over spot and this clocks in well above that.

Also just got my order confirmation for it a few minutes ago.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many do you guys think are left?

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

I see an active auction with the bid up to $1550 thus far, but Ebay sold prices showing between $1625 and low $2000's. I agree the fees coupled with shipping would make it about cost if sold for $1550.

Good grief. Here's a snapshot of the trend.

• Options
    MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Thanks again for the congratulations guys it really is most appreciated.

I'm zero in this to flip so having fellow collectors celebrate with me is great fun.

I really hope that the collectors here who want one and have yet to score 1 get it.

I just got off the phone with the mint having just received the order confirmation email at 8:51 to again ensure that there are no issues.

I will call PayPal next.

Same here......my ASE is staying in my possession as a prized piece in my collection. Growing up, I was always interested and fascinated with movies and books on WWII (The Big One),

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 7:42AM

If its not already in your cart, is there a way to put it there when its "unavailable"? I've been trying for this thing since day one and no luck. Didn't leave it in my cart originally because that was holding up my silver purchase.

I was refreshing two browsers on the item page itself at 828-835 EST and never saw it change. Does it need to be in your bag or wish list to see the flip?

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

I'm pretty sure it can only be added to cart when it's available.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever had a problem with your paypal payment and have it go to a backup funding source?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@valente151 said:
    Snagged the privy AGE at 8:30, right as I was entering Zoom for a residency interview. I was smiling the whole time. Happy for you too, Raufus!

Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@valente151 said:
    Snagged the privy AGE at 8:30, right as I was entering Zoom for a residency interview. I was smiling the whole time. Happy for you too, Raufus!

Nice!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@Halfpence said:

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

Good grief. Here's a snapshot of the trend.

Good grief back at you, take a look at the sold prices from yesterday.

• Options

@Proofmorgan said:
    If its not already in your cart, is there a way to put it there when its "unavailable"? I've been trying for this thing since day one and no luck. Didn't leave it in my cart originally because that was holding up my silver purchase.

Nope. Sometimes it's a two day process. First day you may succeed in getting it in your bag. Second day, use that as your head start and run with it!!!!

• Options

What is Pay.Gov?

When u pay w PayPal on the order summary it notes PayPal w Pay.Gov in parenthesis and a number.

Thanks for any info.

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Yay. Congrats!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    What is Pay.Gov?

When u pay w PayPal on the order summary it notes PayPal w Pay.Gov in parenthesis and a number.

Thanks for any info.

"Pay.gov lets individuals, states and businesses make non-tax related payments to the federal government using the internet. Payments can be made to federal agencies using a U.S.-held bank account (through ACH Debit), a credit or debit card, or with a digital wallet, such as PayPal or Amazon Pay."

Description: https://fiscal.treasury.gov/pay.gov/

• Options

@jclovescoins said:
    @Raufus ...glad you got a gold! Congrats! no luck myself, but based on your posts...you deserved one more than most!!!! :)

hate to see people posting that they got more than one gold...the US Mint really screwed collectors on this issue.

Thank u so much for the kind words!!! Totally agree re the Mint and collectors on this one.

Really hope u score one!!!! Best of luck.

• Options

Man the PayPal confirmation was fast. I received that at 08:30:42 EST.

• Options
    edited November 12, 2020 8:44AM

@MetroD said:

@Raufus said:
    What is Pay.Gov?

Thanks for any info.

"Pay.gov lets individuals, states and businesses make non-tax related payments to the federal government using the internet. Payments can be made to federal agencies using a U.S.-held bank account (through ACH Debit), a credit or debit card, or with a digital wallet, such as PayPal or Amazon Pay."

Description: https://fiscal.treasury.gov/pay.gov/

Thank u!!! I should have Googled it myself. Appreciate it.

The number by the Pay.Gov is neither the PayPal transaction nor the source CC number. Must be the Pay.Gov number.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Good grief. Here's a snapshot of the trend.”

Well on the way to my prediction of “melt plus less than 10%” by the 85th Anniversary! 😉

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@wondercoin said:
    “Good grief. Here's a snapshot of the trend.”

Well on the way to my prediction of “melt plus less than 10%” by the 85th Anniversary! 😉

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

That's what I'm afraid of

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

I bought the silver medal. Had no desire for the non privy gold.

• Options

@drjaycee said:

I realized that not one piece of information I am receiving can be trusted.

Everything you know is wrong.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:

@Halfpence said:

After fees the seller is taking a loss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file