Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

You are getting banned because you need privacy pass. Good luck everyone. Keep trying. Like the golden ticket still fun to try. I am no longer frustrated.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint is #ucking with us.> @jclovescoins said:

Anyone had luck checking out with PayPal?

I tried both same results

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

I tried both ending with the same results. I was sure I was onto one first thing before I saw the Oops sign. I must have submitted my order over 50 times in that loop of no entering information. But this first one... I thought it was mine. Yep, I think the mint is screwing with us.

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

I tried after it kept taking me back to cart with credit card. No dice with paypal either.

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

@jclovescoins said:

I tried after it kept taking me back to cart with credit card. No dice with paypal either.

I kept trying until it says currently unavailable.

• mynamespatmynamespat Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

The mint should release a super special item limited to <10 mintage. Then let the collectors sign up for a Hunger Games style deathmatch to compete for the opportunity to purchase.

I woke up about a half hour early and signed in to the mint website to ensure I don't need to log on at 7:30. Came back after eating breakfast to see I had been signed out in a shorter duration than usual. I tried to sign in again and was banned. I managed to circumvent the ban by adding something to my cart and clicking the "sign in to order from a registered account" button in cashier. Removed that item. During this process the mint website removed from my cart the gold coin from yesterday morning. It wouldn't let me add the gold coin to my cart once it became available. Now I can't add any of the mint offerings to my cart. Don't do what I did.

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 6:16AM

@mynamespat said:
    The mint should release a super special item limited to <10 mintage. Then let the collectors sign up for a Hunger Games style deathmatch to compete for the opportunity to purchase.

The mint could put a v75 privy mark on 1,945 of the end of wwii gold coins that are coming out on the 9th. It's a new design, not a popular series like the AGE and ASE and you won't have the same level of nonsense you have now that only 1,945 people can have a complete AGE set and it's the last year of the original reverses.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    You are getting banned because you need privacy pass. Good luck everyone. Keep trying. Like the golden ticket still fun to try. I am no longer frustrated.

What is a privacy pass?

Who at the mint would think banning customers dealing with their own system makes sense?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tried to log on to Mint website,
    I am now being banned.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Rooster1Rooster1 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

@PaperIsForBooks said:
    Got a gold!!! Had it my bag from Thursday and checked out with PayPal. No luck for my wife. She tried multiple times with PayPal, credit card, etc and it wouldn’t go through. Never got locked out though.

Congrats on the gold. You may be only the third person from the forum that I have heard of to get gold. Do you have some kind of super computer? I would be interested in your process?

Successful deals with:Ciccio-Nibanny, Wondercoin, Republicaninmass, Utahcoin, Abitofthisabitofthat, Doubleeagles59, Peaceman

Did anyone get a silver this morning that had been left over in their cart from prior days?

• Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

Was anyone able to complete an order with an item added yesterday or the day before?

edited November 7, 2020 6:30AM

@PaperIsForBooks said:
    Got a gold!!! Had it my bag from Thursday and checked out with PayPal. No luck for my wife. She tried multiple times with PayPal, credit card, etc and it wouldn’t go through. Never got locked out though.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Did it go right thru of did u get jammed up at all?

Did u keep refreshing until it said available then go to your cart to check out or did u start from the checkout step until it went thru?

edited November 7, 2020 6:39AM

Firefox> @Raufus said:

@pf70collector said:

What is a privacy pass?

Who at the mint would think banning customers dealing with their own system makes sense?

Use Firefox browser. Privacy Pass is an extension for Firefox. Do a search for Privacy Pass.
    The banning is a result of them trying to eliminate bots but it has collateral damage. There is a work around.

edited November 7, 2020 6:45AM

So from what I am reading keep the item in cart and go for PayPal. I will try that next time. At least the mint is still offering these. Grateful for that even though not easy to get. Thanks for the feedback for those who are successful.

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Close but no cigar...
    Again....

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got banned while logging OUT of my mint account! Of course, now I can't get back in. They certainly have some problems to fix. This is ridiculous...

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 7:26AM

@pf70collector said:
    So from what I am reading keep the item in cart and go for PayPal. I will try that next time. At least the mint is still offering these. Grateful for that even though not easy to get. Thanks for the feedback for those who are successful.

Good luck man. Fingers crossed

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• I had everything all loaded to the checkout screen in advance and refreshed right at 7:30 (4:30 here on the west coast...) and got It on the first try. The “order processing, don’t click the back button” pop up came up and then it went to the something went wrong page. Refreshed and it said 0 items in bag. I was mad that it dropped from my bag and then decided to check email just in case and the confirmation was there. All of this was done from my iPhone on Safari browser using Verizon cell connection.

Question for people who were able to buy one in the cart from a prior day:

Did u keep refreshing until it said available then go to your cart to check out or did u start from the checkout step and keep trying till it went thru?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

No, same problem as the CC

Congrats!!!!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Same dance this morning. I had a silver in cart. Became available. Clicked pay. "Processing" then came back with "page unavailable". When I tried to check out a second time. BANNED!

Check your " Order History" in your account page. The same thing happened to me and now it appears that the order was placed.

I got both emails but not shipping confirmation yet so not counting chickens until I get that

@coiner said:
    Yes—pure luck. Got a gold with PAYPAL checkout at 7:31am today
    I recd confirmation email!!

Congrats. Was it saved in cart already? If so, did u keep refreshing till saw gold available then go to checkout or did u start from cart and tried checking out till worked?

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine got the gold on release day, the thank you for placing your order email and the confirmation email only to have his order canceled the next day due to "credit card" issue. When he called his credit card company they said no issues and no reason for card to be declined😤.

Just warning everyone that you need to wait for shipment confirmation before celebrating 🥳🥳🥳

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    A friend of mine got the gold on release day, the thank you for placing your order email and the confirmation email only to have his order canceled the next day due to "credit card" issue. When he called his credit card company they said no issues and no reason for card to be declined😤.

Just warning everyone that you need to wait for shipment confirmation before celebrating 🥳🥳🥳

I'm assuming stuff like this is why a few are available each day.

@PipestonePete said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Same dance this morning. I had a silver in cart. Became available. Clicked pay. "Processing" then came back with "page unavailable". When I tried to check out a second time. BANNED!

Check your " Order History" in your account page. The same thing happened to me and now it appears that the order was placed.

@PipestonePete said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I had same deal. Processing, kicked back. I just look at the cart. If the cart has 1 it didn't go thru.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

I'm assuming stuff like this is why a few are available each day.

I can't imagine how absolutely elated those who got gold today must be.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    Yes—pure luck. Got a gold with PAYPAL checkout at 7:31am today
    I recd confirmation email!!

:) Yep, once you get the confirmation email you are good to go.

You've beaten the odds with help from the coin gods.

edited November 7, 2020 8:45AM

I just went to sign in on Firefox and am banned. Ufb. Ban sure doesn't last just a minute incomprehensibly stupid.

Privacy pass worked liked charm. Thank u!!

Addendum: I'm still locked out (G-d knows why) despite privacy pass. The Mint REALLY screwed up on this one royally. I hope that folks take a few min to write the Mint Director. This is THE WORST EVER.

Privacy pass does not work on Android

@Kliao said:
    Congrats to the people that gotten the gold. That makes what, 4 members that have gotten it?

Sure wish I was one of them. I'd never sell. Want it for collection. Flippers killing it.

I think 2 got it today alone.

edited November 7, 2020 9:03AM

@Raufus said:

I am on iPad. Never got banned. How do you get banned when there is no traffic on mint site. I am guessing you did it just now. Use another device if possible.

@pf70collector said:

@Raufus said:

I am on iPad. Never got banned. How do you get banned when there is no traffic on mint site. I am guessing you did it just now. Use another device if possible.

The site just profoundly sucks.

I don't think it has to do with how much traffic is on the site but how many times someone tries to log into it is my guess. It is just such a cluster who would ever design software to Bann someone's own customers??

How does that even happen?

edited November 7, 2020 9:54AM

@Jhampton92 said:
    I received a gold on initial launch. Was ecstatic, however yesterday got email that was cancelled due to item no longer being available. Imagine my frustration discovering that they're restocking gold even though cancelling mine from being out of stock. Makes no sense and customer support is of no help lol

That is not a good sign. I would talk to a supervisor. Tell them you should be reinstated because you know they are in stock early morning each day.

• @Jhampton92 said:
    I received a gold on initial launch. Was ecstatic, however yesterday got email that was cancelled due to item no longer being available. Imagine my frustration discovering that they're restocking gold even though cancelling mine from being out of stock. Makes no sense and customer support is of no help lol

At least you’re in good spirits about it. Most would be pissed, especially if their plan was to flip.

• matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my shipping confirmation (silver). Phew...

It came today?

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    Just got my shipping confirmation (silver). Phew...

Me too.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

It’s sad when you buy something, your credit card is charged, you get an order acknowledgment and confirmation, and yet you can’t trust getting what you bought until you get a shipping notice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file