Options

Brady appears to be settling in

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

And his mustache.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wish Mahomes would stop doing commercials with Rodgers.
    I would prefer he hang around with Brady instead. He's the all time winner.
    But I'm not too worried about Mahomes, he seems dead set on trying to improve every day and
    helping his team win Super Bowls.
    I think inside he's wired a lot more like Brady than Rodgers.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I just wish Mahomes would stop doing commercials with Rodgers.
    I would prefer he hang around with Brady instead. He's the all time winner.
    But I'm not too worried about Mahomes, he seems dead set on trying to improve every day and
    helping his team win Super Bowls.
    I think inside he's wired a lot more like Brady than Rodgers.

Mahomes is a normal acting kid though, Brady is too above everyone in his mind to do commercials. The difference between Brady and Rodgers is Brady doesn’t make it obvious that he thinks he is the best

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Mahomes is a normal acting kid though, Brady is too above everyone in his mind to do commercials. The difference between Brady and Rodgers is Brady doesn’t make it obvious that he thinks he is the best

Just for you, 12 minutes of Tom Brady commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoiZ2qYtrWw

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@perkdog said:

Just for you, 12 minutes of Tom Brady commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoiZ2qYtrWw

Pardon me @perkdog for perhaps misinterpreting :* but I think you are correct about Brady but just misspoke. Brady does commercials, etc but he was too protective and careful with his "brand" to be portrayed as Rodgers allows himself to be.

And as for whether or not Brady would have ever done that endzone dance. ...

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

369 yards and 4 td. pretty solid. AB coming in 2 weeks.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

He looks good. Whatever happens, he is in uncharted territory.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking more and more like without Brady the Pats would have been a .500 team the last few years. His eyes must get wide every time he sees an open receiver on the Bucs, something he rarely saw last year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

all the bellicheck media up here is ragging on the AB signing like they got a telegram about it. Foam the runways for Bill!

Of course its hard since bill wanted AB too he paid him 10 million dollars then they cut the guy for no reason because bob "handi" kraft was shy of bad pr :D apparently the kind of bad pr him and bill cause is ok tho

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

If nothing else, this season illustrates that Brady was more instrumental to the Pats' success than Belichick was.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some really bad conclusions being drawn in this thread.

Really, really bad.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

I wouldn’t bring that train wreck into a 5-2 locker room under any condition. If it was possible I’d make sure every disgruntled super star , AB, L. Bell etc never played again. But of course this is a business so if your team is 0-6 or 1-5 just flip off the couch and get traded to a winner.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    If nothing else, this season illustrates that Brady was more instrumental to the Pats' success than Belichick was.

to this point in the season you are absolutely correct.

• Options

Newton through 5 games this season with Patriots:

Yds Td Int Rate
    969 2 7 71.7

Brady through 5 games 2019 with Patriots:
    yds td int Rate
    1409 10 2 > 100

I know situations change year to year, but, there were major offensive line issues in 2019. likewise, they did have Josh Gordon (mediocre) and AB for one game. he also did not have N Henry at all.

Now, Newton is 1000% better at rushing the ball than Brady at any point in his career. that cannot be overstated. as far as passing though, it sure appears Brady was much more successful.

• Options
    edited October 26, 2020 5:43AM

Let me break it down here. Belichick hung Brady out to dry last year, he lands in Tampa with capable WR’s and TE’s around him and he doesn’t miss a beat. Hoodie and his GM ways wants to do it his way and bring in another QB with the same sorry lack of offensive talent for him and what he got yesterday is what he deserves. Now maybe people will believe that 11 guys on Offense are not just going to flourish because of Belichick. The Pats Success started and ended with Brady. Prove me wrong.

• Options

I would say Brady is settling in very nicely. They embarrassed Rodgers and the Packers two weeks ago, and yesterday they put 45 on the Raiders. I know Belichick has to be aware of the success Brady is having in Tampa. It angers me that Bill Belichick just let Tom go like he was nothing. Now, Bill is feeling the consequences.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Let me break it down here. Belichick hung Brady out to dry last year, he lands in Tampa with capable WR’s and TE’s around him and he doesn’t miss a beat. Hoodie and his GM ways wants to do it his way and bring in another QB with the same sorry lack of offensive talent for him and what he got yesterday is what he deserves. Now maybe people will believe that 11 guys on Offense are not just going to flourish because of Belichick. The Pats Success started and ended with Brady. Prove me wrong.

I do agree that the Patriots success is more due to Brady. I also agree that now that TB is gone, BB would like to prove to the world that NE success is more due to his brilliance than the player.

My only disagreement is in that BB left Brady out to dry. I think a concerted effort was put in to find him talent at WR. They brought in Gordon, AB and Sanu. now, none of those worked out for different reasons, but we couldnt have known that at the time.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

I do agree that the Patriots success is more due to Brady. I also agree that now that TB is gone, BB would like to prove to the world that NE success is more due to his brilliance than the player.

My only disagreement is in that BB left Brady out to dry. I think a concerted effort was put in to find him talent at WR. They brought in Gordon, AB and Sanu. now, none of those worked out for different reasons, but we couldnt have known that at the time.

That’s fair. I guess that crew was decent

• Options

BB also drafted a WR in the first round. He just chose the wrong one. It makes me physically ill that he could have had DK Metcalf on the roster and we wound up with Henry. ughhh

• Options

@craig44 said:
    BB also drafted a WR in the first round. He just chose the wrong one. It makes me physically ill that he could have had DK Metcalf on the roster and we wound up with Henry. ughhh

Well instead of doing stupid crap like drafting that 2A kicker in the middle round he should have taken a flyer on another WR and waited till after the draft to pick up that kid who he cut anyways

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2020 8:22AM

the thing that bothers me about the NFL is that people who follow it (and i'm not talking about anyone here, just in general......but this is definitely directed toward the media) tend to forget (or fail to emphasize) that this is a team game. as such, quarterbacks receive far, far too much credit and far, far too much blame.

ask yourself this......

would the Pats win a championship if Brady was still on the roster this season? no

what about a 28-yr-old Tom Brady? no

what if Patrick Mahomes was the quarterback? no

you catch my drift.

i just took a look at New England's box score from yesterday and there is no one on God's green earth who could make chicken salad out of the chicken pop tarts that Cam Newton has to work with. and this is not me defending Cam. this is just me asking everyone here what type of realistic expectations you could possibly have for the guy at this stage of his career with that supporting cast?

there are some here who have said that Belichick has been the genius all along. yeah, ok. all i will say is that if there is not an infusion of talent on that roster pretty soon, he is going to come perilously close to reverting back to his Cleveland days..........where he was a very genius-like 36-44 over 5 seasons.

trust me, the smart guy is in Tampa. he is indeed the GOAT, but it's for more reasons than you might think. the guy is a sublime talent at the QB position, but he's also not a fool. he was at wit's end with the cupboard being bare in New England, so he went to a team that just returned from the grocery store. and voila, he's rocking and rolling at age 43. and probably laughing incessantly behind closed doors. you wanna waste my talent? ok, i'll be more than happy to cherry-pick a roster with guys who can play and experience a synergistic effect there. see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. have fun eating ramen noodles for the foreseeable future.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you Brady fans think that Tom was suddenly going to change all those excellent habits, skills, and knowledge that Belichick taught and instilled in him over the years? Brady brought all that to Tampa.

One overlooked factor in Brady's current success, is that the Covid thing in my opinion, actually helped Tom Brady. The reason is he didn't needlessly wear out his older body in training camp, pre-season games, etc. He was allowed a nice long rest and came back right in the first week of the regular season fresh and ready to go.

We shall see if Brady's older body still can do well in the second half of the season. Don't forget, the Patriots started last season with 8 straight wins and there was a lot of talk about the possibility of an undefeated season, before the Patriots tailed off and went 4-4 the second half of the season. Part of that second half of the season mediocre record, has to be attributed to Brady running out of gas.

Will Brady remain strong, or run out of gas again in the second half of the season? That is the question.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Did you Brady fans think that Tom was suddenly going to change all those excellent habits, skills, and knowledge that Belichick taught and instilled in him over the years? Brady brought all that to Tampa.

One overlooked factor in Brady's current success, is that the Covid thing in my opinion, actually helped Tom Brady. The reason is he didn't needlessly wear out his older body in training camp, pre-season games, etc. He was allowed a nice long rest and came back right in the first week of the regular season fresh and ready to go.

We shall see if Brady's older body still can do well in the second half of the season. Don't forget, the Patriots started last season with 8 straight wins and there was a lot of talk about the possibility of an undefeated season, before the Patriots tailed off and went 4-4 the second half of the season. Part of that second half of the season mediocre record, has to be attributed to Brady running out of gas.

Will Brady remain strong, or run out of gas again in the second half of the season? That is the question.

I would strongly disagree that Covid helped Brady. He and his new offense desperately needed to go through training camp together as well as pre season. look at the difference between the first 4 games and the last 3. the offense is clicking right now. and they are about to add another weapon. the first 4 games amounted to preseason and training camp.

Brady is very well known for his preparedness. he also has not taken a tremendous amount of abuse over the years due to Dante's great line work and getting the ball out fast. yes, you do take a beating playing for 20 years, but not to the degree many QBs have. I attribute that to be much of the reason TB can have success at 43 years of age.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

I would strongly disagree that Covid helped Brady. He and his new offense desperately needed to go through training camp together as well as pre season. look at the difference between the first 4 games and the last 3. the offense is clicking right now. and they are about to add another weapon. the first 4 games amounted to preseason and training camp.

Brady is very well known for his preparedness. he also has not taken a tremendous amount of abuse over the years due to Dante's great line work and getting the ball out fast. yes, you do take a beating playing for 20 years, but not to the degree many QBs have. I attribute that to be much of the reason TB can have success at 43 years of age.

to be fair the refs also protect him with flags B)

• Options
    edited October 26, 2020 11:01AM

@stevek said:

He didn’t run out of gas he ran out of WR’s and had no viable targets except Edelman

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

Interesting points. However i think Brady and his new veteran receivers had more than ample time to study each other's game film, learn the plays, and execute.

That was a great performance yesterday. We shall see if it continues as the season wears on.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

If what that defensive player did to the Cowboys quarterback yesterday was instead Tom Brady, that player might be in prison right now. LOL

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

He didn’t run out of gas he ran out of WR’s and had no viable targets except Edelman

Well of course you watch many more Patriots games than me, so i respect your opinion. But i recall reading articles stating that Brady had lost his pinpoint accuracy on many throws as the past season wore on. Brady not being a running quarterback, losing accuracy as strictly a pocket passer is the kiss of death.

We all agree that Bill Belichick isn't stupid. He let Brady go without a viable top QB behind him. Now why would he do that? In my opinion, Belichick saw the decline last season in Brady, and figured it would get worse this season as Brady would be older.

As a comparison, some may have been puzzled when the 49ers let Montana go, but they had the talented Steve Young as a backup at the time. That made sense to Bill Walsh and he turned out to be right.

Belichick had to envision a poor upcoming season and future for Tom Brady. I realize there were other factors as well in the decision, but i believe the one mentioned was the biggest factor.

Perhaps this may turn out to be the biggest mistake of Belichick's coaching career? We shall see.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

they protect every quarterback with flags. seen a packers game lately?

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

and an injured Edelman at that.

• Options

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

Interesting points. However i think Brady and his new veteran receivers had more than ample time to study each other's game film, learn the plays, and execute.

That was a great performance yesterday. We shall see if it continues as the season wears on.

studying game film and learning plays does not even come close to on field practice. not even close. new system, new players and a new language to learn. they could be a very scary team come playoff time

• Options
    edited November 2, 2020 3:44PM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Well of course you watch many more Patriots games than me, so i respect your opinion. But i recall reading articles stating that Brady had lost his pinpoint accuracy on many throws as the past season wore on. Brady not being a running quarterback, losing accuracy as strictly a pocket passer is the kiss of death.

We all agree that Bill Belichick isn't stupid. He let Brady go without a viable top QB behind him. Now why would he do that? In my opinion, Belichick saw the decline last season in Brady, and figured it would get worse this season as Brady would be older.

As a comparison, some may have been puzzled when the 49ers let Montana go, but they had the talented Steve Young as a backup at the time. That made sense to Bill Walsh and he turned out to be right.

Belichick had to envision a poor upcoming season and future for Tom Brady. I realize there were other factors as well in the decision, but i believe the one mentioned was the biggest factor.

Perhaps this may turn out to be the biggest mistake of Belichick's coaching career? We shall see.

You are wrong Steve Bill is stupid. He is a great coach but he lets himself think he is a good GM and stupidly doesn't believe this is all his fault.

Brady is the Goat . Bill wanted to cut Tom loose like he was some broke down running back , was grooming Jimmy G for the job and kraft overruled him .

That is when Bill the idiots massive ego kicked in. How dare the owner who pays for everything including my salary have an opinion and not bow down to my genius !

I'll fix him , I'll get rid of Jimmy for a box of light bulbs and then also make sure Jacoby bressett is gone too so when tom gets hurt we will have no QB at all and then genius I am I'll pull a hot dog vendor out of the stands and win a super bowl !!!!

Bill the moron left the team with no backup drove the goat away , got rid of amendola and hogan and drove gronk away too then picked up the cheapest QB left in june this year gave him no body to catch the ball and threw him to the wolves with no preseason or training camp.

You would be hard pressed to find a person more full of them self and in love with the smell of his own POP TARTS than bill bellicheck anywhere . Now his chickens are going to come home to roost with a vengeance

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2020 5:02PM

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

It was both things. He had few guys to throw to but he very definitely was not in peak form himself.

• Options

Bill Bellicheck should not be allowed to draft trade or sign anyone ever again. He sucks at those things and he is so bad at them that almost has to be deliberate. A drunk monkey throwing darts at a draft board could have hit a few studs in the last decade.

I think Bill is a mental patient and this all ends with him disgraced and fired

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

studying game film and learning plays does not even come close to on field practice. not even close. new system, new players and a new language to learn. they could be a very scary team come playoff time

For long time veterans, especially somebody with the smarts of Tom Brady, he picks it all up fairly rapidly. Actually to a veteran such as Brady, studying game film and learning the plays may even be more important than practice.

I'm not denigrating the importance of practice like Allen Iverson once did. But then again with a 43 year old quarterback, you certainly don't want to wear him out in practice and not have much left for the games.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm more impressed with Brady than I've ever been. Craig pointed out that being inserted into a new
    offensive system in Tampa Bay Brady did not have the benefit of any preseason games, which surely
    would have helped him more than an established QB coming back to the same team and system.
    I even heard Brady mention it, that fan's were expecting too much right out of the gate. Now Brady and
    his teammates appear to be hitting on all cylinders as the drubbing of the Raiders indicates.
    I wasn't sure they were legit SB contenders but now I believe they have as good a chance as any team in the NFC.

I like to take jabs at Brady sometimes like when he forgot what down it was but definitely respect
    him more than any other current NFL player.

• Options

Just wanted to slip in something no one here is mentioning. These are franchises with vastly different organizational goals at this point.

The Patriots just ended an era; one of THE most successful in league history. And Tom Brady had (sort of) become a problem in that he’s not the future anymore yet he’s still keeping the team relevant. So, you’re inclined to try to put band aids on problems and ‘patch up’ the team from season to season. You also get crappy draft picks year after year in a league where high end talent is if supreme importance: there are no guarantees in the draft and the further removed from pick one you are the higher the risk becomes. He’s shown some signs that he’s still great but for how much longer? As a fan, the answers a definite yes but as an organization to you want to keep this going until there’s nothing left? Like it or not, paying any one player too much money severely limits your championship ability in the salary cap era. And Tom really doesn’t need or want to ‘take less’ anymore like he did for years - a huge reason for their success, as well - and doesn’t have time to sit through a rebuild that any continued excellence will only further hold back. Buffalo and Miami have built pretty formidable young teams in the last 3-5 years and I’m sure this influenced things, too.

Which leads us to Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers are a team in win now mode - that team is loaded with unpaid talent right now and was exactly one turnover free QB away from being a contender. Both Tampa and Tom Brady have 2-3 years to win one (or more) before things fall apart making them a match made in heaven. The TDs don’t even matter as much as the +30 in turnover differential you’ll have at the position. Like @stevek , one of the primary concerns has to be the wear and tear of a football season on Brady. Time waits for no man and the end comes quickly. But from a soft landing soft perspective, a switch to the NFC and a division with only one other contender (Saints) was savvy; the East will put one team in, so chances are better that a wild card will be available if you don’t win the division. Similar to when Lebron stayed in the Eastern conference, the smoother road to the playoffs is in the NFC. And again, he could basically pick any spot. Note he did not select the Jets or Giants. 😂

Since people forget things quickly in the new millennium, lets go back around a decade. Remember Peyton Manning year one in Denver versus year two? MVP caliber to Brock Osweiler’s backup in one off season. Sure, he came back in the playoffs and won...by not messing up the defense’s ability to dominate a game with foolish turnovers from the QB position. But he was finished and it was hard to watch.

The Bucs are hoping to avoid that, the Patriots definitely will.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Tom is 42, not 60. I'm pushing 40 right now, and when I play basketball from time to time with the middle schoolers in my neighborhood, I dominate them. Yes, I'm much taller and stronger, but that's beside the point. I still put up ridiculous numbers on them!

• Options

@doubledragon

Just because you’re on the court does not make it basketball...

• Options
    edited October 27, 2020 4:05AM

All great points. A great team drafts late but think of all the gems there for a good GM. Buffalo was 8-8 for 20 years. It showed in their talent. Mediocre, middle of the road. In come Beane and McDermitt and in 3 years they changed the culture. Smart drafts and mid prices free agents. Poyer and Hyde anchor the defense. Draft Tre White, Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds. Trade up for Josh Allen. Last year add mid price free agents Cole Beasley and John Brown. This year trade a 1 for Stevon Diggs. It took 3 years. What has Bill added in the last 10? Sorry without Brady he’s a sub .500 coach and it won’t be pretty this year either. Bill and Tom will always be tied together and if Tom wins another SB there will be no doubt it was always Tom Brady.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

bill trades 1st round picks away for 2 2nds half the time. when his videotaping or deflating doesn't cost us the piuck outright

• Options
    edited October 27, 2020 4:52AM

@2dueces said:
    All great points. A great team drafts late but think of all the gems there for a good GM. Buffalo was 8-8 for 20 years. It showed in their talent. Mediocre, middle of the road. In come Beane and McDermitt and in 3 years they changed the culture. Smart drafts and mid prices free agents. Poyer and Hyde anchor the defense. Draft Tre White, Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds. Trade up for Josh Allen. Last year add mid price free agents Cole Beasley and John Brown. This year trade a 1 for Stevon Diggs. It took 3 years. What has Bill added in the last 10? Sorry without Brady he’s a sub .500 coach and it won’t be pretty this year either. Bill and Tom will always be tied together and if Tom wins another SB there will be no doubt it was always Tom Brady.

You really seem to be enjoying this.

Edit to add: I'm glad somebody is 😂😂

• Options

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

For long time veterans, especially somebody with the smarts of Tom Brady, he picks it all up fairly rapidly. Actually to a veteran such as Brady, studying game film and learning the plays may even be more important than practice.

I'm not denigrating the importance of practice like Allen Iverson once did. But then again with a 43 year old quarterback, you certainly don't want to wear him out in practice and not have much left for the games.

Have you listened to Brady? I have followed him since 2000. I have never seen a player for whom practice is more important. and not just practice, but perfect practice. He likes high intensity route running. accurate route running, and he is maniacal about it. Brady likes to know exactly where his check down options are. I would agree that it is possible for some QBs, that on field practice is not important. Brady though, is not that QB. I also dont think Manning was that QB either.

Just look at the results. in the first few games, Tom threw some INT that would have been uncommon in NE. He has now been 3 straight without one. I have a feeling that the offense is just now starting to click.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    bill trades 1st round picks away for 2 2nds half the time. when his videotaping or deflating doesn't cost us the piuck outright

I really hate watching Patriots draft coverage. the one year he actually keeps the 1 and uses it on a skill position, we end up with Harry. arghhh

• Options

@Tabe said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

It was both things. He had few guys to throw to but he very definitely was not in peak form himself.

you are correct, he is no longer a 29 year old QB. however, his accuracy and precision is still at a very high level. The 30 yd TD to Miller on sunday was absolutely threaded.

He is playing at a MUCH higher level than his 12 year younger replacement in NE

• Options

@2dueces said:
    What has Bill added in the last 10? Sorry without Brady he’s a sub .500 coach and it won’t be pretty this year either. Bill and Tom will always be tied together and if Tom wins another SB there will be no doubt it was always Tom Brady.

I’d like to correct some inaccuracies in the above.

You judge a GM based on the product on the field, not just drafting. As such, the last decade of draft and free agents produced what it produced. Additionally, without a first round pick in the top 15 since 2011 (and 2010 was a really solid class), they’ve drafted Nate Solder, Dont’a Hightower, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Jimmy Garrappolo, Logan Ryan, Shaq Mason and a few others - I’m sure Patriots fans could touch on who I missed. Again, not many first round picks and most often it was mid to high twenties when it was.

In the Tom Brady era, without Tom Brady, the Patriots win percentage is just about identical to what it was when he was on the field. In the only complete season with no Brady, Matt Cassell lead the team to an 11-5 record missing the playoffs on tiebreakers as it was the same record as both AFC East division winner and the 6th Wild Card team (Baltimore). Also, Brissett and Garrappolo posted similar W/L In Brady’s absence. Counting the Browns years against him is a little misleading given the disarray before and after that was going on organizational until the move to Baltimore.

So, I do not agree that Brady winning another SuperBowl has anything to do with anything.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium A blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile too. Brady kept taking pay cuts for Bill to add talent around him for the last 2 years. Who did add for a 2nd round draft choice? Mohammad Sanu, 31 years ago. 26 receptions. Swing and miss.
    Of course they hit on some draft choices. You get 7 a year times 20 years but just look at the state of the roster now. You think it’s a coincidence 8 players opted out and they lost another 3 starters to free agency?
    Who did they sign this year? Cam Newton?
    Sorry that’s not cutting it. You need to be fluent and they became stagnant. Bills ego got them.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @1951WheatiesPremium A blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile too. Brady kept taking pay cuts for Bill to add talent around him for the last 2 years. Who did add for a 2nd round draft choice? Mohammad Sanu, 31 years ago. 26 receptions. Swing and miss.
    Of course they hit on some draft choices. You get 7 a year times 20 years but just look at the state of the roster now. You think it’s a coincidence 8 players opted out and they lost another 3 starters to free agency?
    Who did they sign this year? Cam Newton?
    Sorry that’s not cutting it. You need to be fluent and they became stagnant. Bills ego got them.

Or...

...the Patriots just realized that with reloading no longer able to produce championships, it was time to gut and rebuild. The Bills don’t get Josh Allen picking 28th, you know?

https://www.fftoday.com/nfl/drafttracker.php?o=by_team&TeamID=9000

Here’s every teams picks going back to 1995. To me, Pittsburgh is the gold standard of drafting. Fun tool.

• Options

Other than signing Cam (which was obviously done much because of it being a financial bargain with very limited risk) I haven't seen Belichick do much to make me think that this was much more than a bridge year. IMO, in one way or another he is going to become the winningest head coach or die trying. He is the greatest coach ever. And his two decade run of dominance in the salary cap free agent era paints him as just about the best GM ever when all is said and done. And yes, that comes with the caveat (which I personally agree with) that he has been subpar in the draft. I fully expect him to assemble a rebuilt team which is able to win atleast ten regular season games.

• Options
    edited October 27, 2020 7:35AM

Bills stocked up draft choices by dumping dead weight and over paid busts from the previous management. They traded up to draft Allen and Tremaine Edmunds. Both franchise leaders on their side of the ball.

How bad was previous management? They traded the 10th pick in 2017 to Kansas City. Kansas City picked some kid out of Texas. Some Mahomes guy. Is he still around?

W.C.Fields