Home Sports Talk
Options

Brady appears to be settling in

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Cowherd has a love fest for Wilson and Wentz everyday. He spends more time defending Wentz than talking about his accomplishments. He brings up stats all the time. First why Wilson has never had a single MVP vote. Well we see why after these 2 weeks. Always Wentz stats compared to the elite. All fine and dandy but the only stat that matters is W’s. By the way guess who leads the league in interceptions? Wentz with 12, Cousins with 11 and Wilson with 10. That’s a pretty big stat left out of the conversation.

all these guys have some stupid take on certain players. think about it , it does no good to be the 101st guy to say wentz sucks. Better be the guy in his corner who if wentz turns it around can say "I told ya so!!!!!"

no more useless job exists than sports talk jabber jaw guy if the pandemic showed us anything its that all these guys could fall off a cliff and die and no one would care.

What they do is no different than what we do , except some fool pays them for their dopey opinions

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he’s the best on TV as far as sports talk show hosts. That’s like saying he’s the best of a dozen week old donuts because it was in the middle of the box. He does have a segment Where Colin was right and where Colin was wrong.
    I get about an hour a day of his 3 hour show.
    GMFB is probably the best 100% NFL show but even they get a little nuts for me in segments I have to turn off.
    I agree that what they do is nothing different than us except they make 6 figures and we do 6 packs and pizza.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@2dueces said:
    Cowherd has a love fest for Wilson and Wentz everyday. He spends more time defending Wentz than talking about his accomplishments. He brings up stats all the time. First why Wilson has never had a single MVP vote. Well we see why after these 2 weeks. Always Wentz stats compared to the elite. All fine and dandy but the only stat that matters is W’s. By the way guess who leads the league in interceptions? Wentz with 12, Cousins with 11 and Wilson with 10. That’s a pretty big stat left out of the conversation.

all these guys have some stupid take on certain players. think about it , it does no good to be the 101st guy to say wentz sucks. Better be the guy in his corner who if wentz turns it around can say "I told ya so!!!!!"

no more useless job exists than sports talk jabber jaw guy if the pandemic showed us anything its that all these guys could fall off a cliff and die and no one would care.

What they do is no different than what we do , except some fool pays them for their dopey opinions

this is a fantastic take. I love it!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

Is that supposed to be some kind of reverse backhanded compliment?

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

no comeback magic from Brady last night as he threw two terrible interceptions. to be honest, he looked a bit shaky on his throws past 15-20 yards and was helped by a few questionable PI calls. his quick release on the short throws are hard to defend and the Brady - Antonio Brown combo worked pretty good. Mike Evans is sort of remarkable and so was Cooper Kupp for the Rams.

• Options

A very up and down game for Brady. I think they need to stay with the short passing game until protection improves. they are missing a starter on OL. Offense is still not in sync. though the comment about Brady and Brown working well together was on point.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brown better work well with Brady, he better not be dropping Brady's throws, he has to see him back at the house. I wouldn't want to have to sit down at the dinner table with Brady after dropping his passes. Brown better stay sharp, or he can just go to bed without dinner!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 10:33AM

The best offensive lineman for that other team that played last night was out with an injury. Can't think of his name. And.....who was that quarterback playing for the other team? Whoever he is he just got lucky. That other team is now in first place in the toughest division in the NFL. Ten weeks into the season. Who the heck are they? Never hear anything about them. Maybe if they had a quarterback named Russell or Tom or Dak, or Tyler, or Ben, or Patrick, or Drew, or Tua, or Kirk, or Cam, or Lamar, or Jimmy, or even Carson I would know who they are. Oh, well. And.......who WAS that quarterback playing for that other team?

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    The best offensive lineman for that other team that played last night was out with an injury. Can't think of his name. And.....who was that quarterback playing for the other team? Whoever he is he just got lucky. That other team is now in first place in the toughest division in the NFL. Ten weeks into the season. Who the heck are they? Never hear anything about them. Maybe if they had a quarterback named Russell or Tom or Dak, or Tyler, or Ben, or Patrick, or Drew, or Tua, or Kirk, or Cam, or Lamar, or Jimmy, or even Carson I would know who they are. Oh, well. And.......who WAS that quarterback playing for that other team?

he sucks 80% of the time though , and the coach does the same

• Options
    edited November 24, 2020 12:02PM

@bronco2078 said:

Well, if that's what it takes to be in first place in the toughest division in the league then I'll go with those odds every time. Also......that quarterback who s***s 80% of the time has racked up more wins in the last 3 years than any other QB in the league except Brady. He racked up another one last night at the expense of the Great One. What are the odds?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Brown better work well with Brady, he better not be dropping Brady's throws, he has to see him back at the house. I wouldn't want to have to sit down at the dinner table with Brady after dropping his passes. Brown better stay sharp, or he can just go to bed without dinner!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited November 24, 2020 12:42PM

Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady are the top 4 quarterbacks in the game today. Russell Wilson ranks up there too. I know it's true because everyone says so. In the last 5 head-to-head regular season matchups between those
    5 great ones and the 80% sKS guy, the 80% s*cks guy has won all 5 games. That's a 100% winning record. Not bad for someone who only plays well 20% of the time and who also has to deal with a coach who sks 80% of the time. Who is that guy?

• Options

As long-time Patriots fans already know, Tom Brady isn't perfect every week. Every season was it's own. Some (almost half) resulted in a SB appearance.

It is remarkable that he is playing this well at 43. Schematically, the Tampa Bay offense is not completely playing to his strengths, not is it entirely in rhythm.

Whether or not the Bucs make it to the SB or even a deep playoff run, I am very impressed with Brady's play this year.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2020 1:20PM

@Hydrant said:

@bronco2078 said:

Well, if that's what it takes to be in first place in the toughest division in the league then I'll go with those odds every time. Also......that quarterback who s***s 80% of the time has racked up more wins in the last 3 years than any other QB in the league except Brady. He racked up another one last night at the expense of the Great One. What are the odds?

In my opinion, McVay is a good coach. He seems to be very intense, like Belichick, in his own way.

Edit to add: In the beginning McVay was micromanaging everything for Goff and it seemed to hamper his development.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2020 5:16PM

based solely on the current standing, the two combined only suck 30% of the time.

In my opinion, McVay is a good coach. He seems to be very intense, like Belichick, in his own way

he reminds me more of Bill Cowher. when he started Coaching in Cleveland with Special Teams, he would run down the sidelines as the Punt/Kick-off returns unfolded, very intense.

an interesting thought on Tom Brady --- it is often mentioned that he has a very, very high "Football IQ" and understands the game like not many others do. what did he do last night?? he threw two forward passes on one play!! coupled with a play earlier when he forgot the down makes me wonder if he might be slipping a little.

• Options

@keets said:
    based solely on the current standing, the two combined only suck 30% of the time.

In my opinion, McVay is a good coach. He seems to be very intense, like Belichick, in his own way

he reminds me more of Bill Cowher. when he started Coaching in Cleveland with Special Teams, he would run down the sidelines as the Punt/Kick-off returns unfolded, very intense.

an interesting thought on Tom Brady --- it is often mentioned that he has a very, very high "Football IQ" and understands the game like not many others do. what did he do last night?? he threw two forward passes on one play!! coupled with a play earlier when he forgot the down makes me wonder if he might be slipping a little.

how often do you get to throw 2 forward passes ? He figured maybe no one would notice

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

That chart makes no sense. QBR is supposed to be scaled to 50 being average. How is 3/4 of the league above average?

• Options

@Tabe said:

@galaxy27 said:

That chart makes no sense. QBR is supposed to be scaled to 50 being average. How is 3/4 of the league above average?

It makes no sense. Only 4 starters are below 50. Flawed stat?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady was missing his targets at the end of last season, and he’s doing it again now with better people to throw to. He’s not washed up, but he’s lost a step or two. The Tampa team will probably lose to Kansas City this week. I just hope that they will win enough games to make it to the playoffs. It might be close.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2020 6:23AM

bigger still is that half the starters are between 60-75%.

I think it's more representative of the playing style being used, the entire NFL now uses some type of modified West Coast Offense with the addition of the "Back Shoulder" pass being all the rage. it exaggerates the completion % and yards gained for everyone. I'm sure if someone could do a study of 20+ yard completion we'd see a very high percentage of those passes being completed within 5-10 yards of the line of scrimmage, yet it looks like a downfield completion. also helping is the fact that the "Rules" are heavily skewed to the offense.

• Options

@keets said:

bigger still is that half the starters are between 60-75%.

I think it's more representative of the playing style being used, the entire NFL now uses some type of modified West Coast Offense with the addition of the "Back Shoulder" pass being all the rage. it exaggerates the completion % and yards gained for everyone. I'm sure if someone could do a study of 20+ yard completion we'd see a very high percentage of those passes being completed within 5-10 yards of the line of scrimmage, yet it looks like a downfield completion. also helping is the fact that the "Rules" are heavily skewed to the offense.

I think you are absolutely correct here keets. Good analysis

• Options

:)

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@galaxy27 said:

My guess?

Because it’s an average QB, not the average QB.

An average QB does not exist - it is a stat that theoretically represents adding all QBS together and dividing by 30.

The average QB is lining up 30 guys and players 15 and 16 are the average QBs.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@keets said:

After the ‘lost track off downs’ game, Arians said he did not remind Tom what down it was and felt that’s a coaches job.

Not a defense of Brady, per se, but I think that’s one of the things that a coach does and does not get credit for: the time the link is up between coaching staff and QB is a valuable and short info transfer. Little subtle reminders given or forgotten like ‘it’s 2nd down’ or ‘we need the first down more than the yards downfield here’ can make a QB look like either a stud or a dud on just one or two plays a game where hypothetically all other plays remain the same.

Remarkable stuff when you think about it.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

An average QB does not exist - it is a stat that theoretically represents adding all QBS together and dividing by 30.

doing that with the above chart renders an average rating of 64.49. no's 15 and 16 in the chart above are Tom Brady at 70.3 and Ben Roethlisberger at 66.4. they are interestingly close to what the "average" NFL QB rating is, and just as interestingly not your "average" QB's. B)

• Options

Tampa is right on pace for exactly what was predicted preseason. 10-6 or 9-7. No one predicted (except fanatics) that Tampa was going to win the division. That was like predicted someone else to win the AFC East during Brady’s heyday. Wasn’t happening. They might even win a road playoff game. But just because they have a team of “Names “ doesn’t mean they are a team yet. Tampa fans should be ecstatic they are competitive.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Tampa is right on pace for exactly what was predicted preseason. 10-6 or 9-7. No one predicted (except fanatics) that Tampa was going to win the division. That was like predicted someone else to win the AFC East during Brady’s heyday. Wasn’t happening. They might even win a road playoff game. But just because they have a team of “Names “ doesn’t mean they are a team yet. Tampa fans should be ecstatic they are competitive.

I thought they would be more dominant, yea I’m definitely a Brady lover but really this offense is stacked, I was more concerned about the defense more so than Brady not being “Brady” but he has lost a few steps with some un Brady like decisions and more interceptions than I figured. I’m not seeing a Super Bowl winner with Tampa.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I thought they would be more dominant, yea I’m definitely a Brady lover but really this offense is stacked, I was more concerned about the defense more so than Brady not being “Brady” but he has lost a few steps with some un Brady like decisions and more interceptions than I figured. I’m not seeing a Super Bowl winner with Tampa.

I thought it was interesting hearing Romo say a lot of things during the game that have been discussed here or elsewhere in regards to Tampa's offense. There is an obvious disconnect between their offense and the offense that they should be running to maximize potential. However this season shakes out, I expect Brady to be back but changes to be made.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I thought it was interesting hearing Romo say a lot of things during the game that have been discussed here or elsewhere in regards to Tampa's offense. There is an obvious disconnect between their offense and the offense that they should be running to maximize potential. However this season shakes out, I expect Brady to be back but changes to be made.

Was it Romo that said they were going to the Super Bowl recently?

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I think he said he wouldnt be surprised if it was Kansas City and Tampa

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I think he said he wouldnt be surprised if it was Kansas City and Tampa

He also spent a lot of time dissecting what is wrong, which is obvious to people like us who watched him all these years. He's had to change to make what used to be his last read now his first. Schematically the short underneath throws that he developed surgeon like accuracy with are relegated to last resorts. His extensive ability to detect pre-snap defense is being severely hampered by lack of effective pre-snap offensive motion. Etc etc.

• Options

and hardly any play action passing, average to below average protection, recievers dropping balls (Evans dropped a long one last sunday) forcing Fournette into the game plan when RoJo seems to be the answer etc, etc, etc.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    and hardly any play action passing, average to below average protection, recievers dropping balls (Evans dropped a long one last sunday) forcing Fournette into the game plan when RoJo seems to be the answer etc, etc, etc.

Play action is proven to be effective even when a team is not running it well or often.

It's crazy to me to see how the TB offense is running.

• Options

It seems like you guys are saying that in order for the QB to succeed he needs a coach and GM that can tailor the team to his strengths.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    It seems like you guys are saying that in order for the QB to succeed he needs a coach and GM that can tailor the team to his strengths.

I am saying that. And I have always said that, in answer to the Tom vs Bill debate, it was a perfect storm that occurred allowing us to win like that.

• Options
    edited December 1, 2020 8:49AM

idk if it's a slide in judgment or remnants of rust from a new team/system, but it appears to me that the number of poor throws he is making is on the rise this season. i've seen about a handful of picks that could have been fair caught by the d-backs, and that is most certainly not the Tom Brady i'm become accustomed to watching over the years.

of much bigger concern to me, however, is how Tampa's defense stacks up against a well-oiled offensive machine like Kansas City's. watching that game, was anyone ever under the impression that the Bucs would make enough critical stops to give them a chance to get over the hump? i never was.

• Options
    edited December 1, 2020 8:58AM

@galaxy27 said:
    idk if it's a slide in judgment or remnants of rust from a new team/system, but it appears to me that the number of poor throws he is making is on the rise this season. i've seen about a handful of picks that could have been fair caught by the d-backs, and that is most certainly not the Tom Brady i'm become accustomed to watching over the years.

of much bigger concern to me, however, is how Tampa's defense stacks up against a well-oiled offensive machine like Kansas City's. watching that game, was anyone ever under the impression that the Bucs would make enough critical stops to give them a chance to get over the hump? i never was.

The Bucs now definitely look to me like a team that is one year away. I certainly had a lot of hope for them, but it just seems like there needs to be some fine tuning on both sides of the ball.

Edit for a word

• Options

I’m not saying it now nor have I ever said it. It’s Brady’s decision making I’m questioning and that has to do with his age, nothing more nothing less.

• Options
    edited December 1, 2020 11:46AM

one other thing, and stuff like this causes an implosion between my ears

i lost track of how many times Tyreek Hill was out in a pasture all by his lonesome waiting for the ball because he had broken free from single coverage. what was Tampa's defensive game plan? to finally roll a safety over and give that poor sap some help once he eclipsed 500 receiving yards?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

I am saying that. And I have always said that, in answer to the Tom vs Bill debate, it was a perfect storm that occurred allowing us to win like that.

@perkdog said:

I’m not saying it now nor have I ever said it. It’s Brady’s decision making I’m questioning and that has to do with his age, nothing more nothing less.

I should perhaps rephrase what I mean. For the Patriots to have had the extreme level of success they had with Brady, it happened while all along making sure that what Brady did best was what the team did. And what schematically worked best and what personnel fit best. But great QBs can of course have some level of success even in spite of poor decisions by a coach and QB.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Usually when you see a QB get intercepted by that much (not just Brady) it was a wrong route run by a wideout.

• Options

Isnt that what successful coaches do? Good coaches put their players in position to succeed, they dont work away from strengths. Look at Dan Reeves with The Denver Broncos during Elways prime. tried to force a system down Elways throat that didnt suit his strengths. He really Ruined Johns prime. Look at Elways statistics at the end of his career under Shannahan. A much better QB. A shame really.

• Options

@craig44 said:

Isnt that what successful coaches do? Good coaches put their players in position to succeed, they dont work away from strengths. Look at Dan Reeves with The Denver Broncos during Elways prime. tried to force a system down Elways throat that didnt suit his strengths. He really Ruined Johns prime. Look at Elways statistics at the end of his career under Shannahan. A much better QB. A shame really.

I completely disagree with the Elway-Reeves stuff. I can and will elaborate if you’d like.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Usually when you see a QB get intercepted by that much (not just Brady) it was a wrong route run by a wideout.

agree, but not only has it happened a number of times, but i have yet to see Brady get in the ear of a receiver.........which he has been known to do.

here's a prime example. severely underthrown ball to 5'9" Miller and it was one of the easiest picks of Bashaud Breeland's life. when i saw it live i thought Mathieu might have hit his arm, but as it turns out it was simply an atrocious pass.

btw i looked up his stats and he is 3 INTs away from his career high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ztakNhEg7g

• Options

I really think we’re over analyzing Tampa. They got Brady. The expectation was for him to cut down on the mistakes and not put so much pressure on a very good defense. Check the first box. 11 interceptions compared to 30 last year. 33 TD’s for Winston. Tom has 28 already. Great QB rating. No one expected the to be or even beat KC. It’s a 10 win team with maybe a playoff win. More they play the more they’ll gel.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@craig44 said:

I completely disagree with the Elway-Reeves stuff. I can and will elaborate if you’d like.

Please do. Reeeves wanted to pound the ball. a run first offense. Elway under Shula would have been a much different QB

• Options

That’s as good a starting point as any. What’s important about that as the point of comparison is that Shula and Marino didn’t win. Dan put up gaudy stats and made big money but had empty knuckles. A brilliant first two years, sure, and got there once. While I’m sure he felt his talents were well used, though, and they certainly built a system and a franchise around him, it failed. And over time, as records fade and get passed, what’s left of Dan Marino to talk about now that someone else didn’t do? Yards in a season, a career, TDs in a season, a career? Gone, gone, gone gone.

Dan Reeves, as a coach, had a good but not great team just about every where he coached in his career (DEN, NYG, ATL). Unless you are a Denver fan, it’s hard to imagine they were winning any SuperBowl games over whomever the NFC sent in the 1994-90 time period. That said, they went to three SuperBowls with Reeves as coach. It’s hard to knock him for that. When he went to the Giants, he got blood from a stone and then he took a pretty good Atlanta team and went to the SuperBowl there, too. Without the Golden Boy.

Which leads to Elway. I can think of few players with the talent and ability, sure, but both were dwarfed by his own ego. From the move to Denver via trade to the issues with the coach, he served to undermine the credibility of both men. He was young and cocky and good, so maybe he was entitled. Now, I don’t want to discount him in any way but as much as he was carrying those 80s Denver teams he was nearly being carried by TD and the running game to the same degree when he got back there and won back to back before riding off into the sunset.

They actually ran as much if not more with Shanahan; Elway had simply matured, understood what it now took to win (he was now ok with a rushing lead offense, like Reeves wanted all along) and was willing to listen and try anything. He committed. Something he never gave Reeves as an immature superstar.

I think the Broncos getting to 3 SuperBowls was not going to be outdone by much with another coach and is a pretty outstanding accomplishment. And no one from the AFC was winning over the NFC juggernauts of the era.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    I really think we’re over analyzing Tampa. They got Brady. The expectation was for him to cut down on the mistakes and not put so much pressure on a very good defense. Check the first box. 11 interceptions compared to 30 last year. 33 TD’s for Winston. Tom has 28 already. Great QB rating. No one expected the to be or even beat KC. It’s a 10 win team with maybe a playoff win. More they play the more they’ll gel.

I was in agreement with your last sentence until the last few weeks. I think there are schematic issues which time will not help. Of course they may gel and improve as the season finishes, but I think the offense needs tweaking.

• Options

That’s as good a starting point as any. What’s important about that as the point of comparison is that Shula and Marino didn’t win. Dan put up gaudy stats and made big money but had empty knuckles. A brilliant first two years, sure, and got there once. While I’m sure he felt his talents were well used, though, and they certainly built a system and a franchise around him, it failed. And over time, as records fade and get passed, what’s left of Dan Marino to talk about now that someone else didn’t do? Yards in a season, a career, TDs in a season, a career? Gone, gone, gone gone.

Dan Reeves, as a coach, had a good but not great team just about every where he coached in his career (DEN, NYG, ATL). Unless you are a Denver fan, it’s hard to imagine they were winning any SuperBowl games over whomever the NFC sent in the 1994-90 time period. That said, they went to three SuperBowls with Reeves as coach. It’s hard to knock him for that. When he went to the Giants, he got blood from a stone and then he took a pretty good Atlanta team and went to the SuperBowl there, too. Without the Golden Boy.

Which leads to Elway. I can think of few players with the talent and ability, sure, but both were dwarfed by his own ego. From the move to Denver via trade to the issues with the coach, he served to undermine the credibility of both men. He was young and cocky and good, so maybe he was entitled. Now, I don’t want to discount him in any way but as much as he was carrying those 80s Denver teams he was nearly being carried by TD and the running game to the same degree when he got back there and won back to back before riding off into the sunset.

They actually ran as much if not more with Shanahan; Elway had simply matured, understood what it now took to win (he was now ok with a rushing lead offense, like Reeves wanted all along) and was willing to listen and try anything. He committed. Something he never gave Reeves as an immature superstar.

I think the Broncos getting to 3 SuperBowls was not going to be outdone by much with another coach and is a pretty outstanding accomplishment. And no one from the AFC was winning over the NFC juggernauts of the era.

I would disagree that Reeves was a winning coach. He did not win with Elway, he lost 3 super bowls. Before you say that he at least got to those SB´s, I would say that if the goal of playing football is to win the championship, Reeves failed.

I think everyone would agree that the most important position on a football team is QB. Having an effective QB is paramount to success. Making sure the QBś performance is maximized should be a priority of the head coach. He most assuredly did not maximize what he had with Elway as John had to bail him out over and over as his 40ish 4th quarter combacks would illustrate. I believe 29 of them came under Reeves.

Dan would try, try and try again to establish the run over the first 2-3 quarters and often put his team in a hole doing so. then he would unleash Elway for the last Quarter or so and hope he could bail him out. Imagine if he had not tried to run through a brick wall for the first 2-3 quarters and had a more balanced or pass happy attack? Maybe he would have been a SB winning coach after all.