Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes there’s been a huge revival of interest in film in the past decade or so. To the point that there are a number of film types being rereleased after years of being discontinued and even new types of film being manufactured for the first time. Some of the major photography websites have even started introducing new articles of film photography weekly as well due to demand.

Personally, I shoot everything from 35mm all the way up to an 8x10 film camera. I get a kick out of setting it up in places like Yosemite. It never fails, I always have a line of people around me asking questions and wanting to get under the dark cloth to see what it’s like.

I also dabble in 19th century wetplate photography like tintypes and glass ambrotypes.

I love the process, much like people here love the history of their coins.

I am glad there is a comeback. It seems like the pictures were better using the correct film.

Ken
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife took a photography class in college (2007ish) and had to develop her own film. It was a really neat process and editing photos from film was really fun. She's moved on to digital, but still misses the dark room.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    @asheland
    I wouldn't keep posting the box that you store your gold type set in.

:D My secret is out! :p

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland
    This is your thread...........How do I know where the line is on random pics so that I do not get banned?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    @asheland
    This is your thread...........How do I know where the line is on random pics so that I do not get banned?

That's a Heather question! :o
    :D

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Rex Trailer in Natick, MA .....a few months before he died.

https://youtu.be/LQdN7es67ss

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2020 9:39AM

@joeykoins said:

Fra-gee-lay.... Must be Italian.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

a old Kodak instant camera that i found in a burned out house my wife's sisters husband had bought

i have the case also

the film and batteries were ruined beyond help by water damage

this is where the two batteries and film went this camera took Kodak Instant film PR-10

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SiriusBlack said:

@bearcave said:
    @SiriusBlack Is there someone that still does film? I would have thought that was gone with the cell phones.

Yes there’s been a huge revival of interest in film in the past decade or so. To the point that there are a number of film types being rereleased after years of being discontinued and even new types of film being manufactured for the first time. Some of the major photography websites have even started introducing new articles of film photography weekly as well due to demand.

First vinyl, now film. Analog lives!!

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2020 3:00PM

@asheland said:
    Happy FRYday everybody. :p

They used to be wonderful when cooked in the old oil that they quit using.

If the old oil was bad for your health let me decide which I want.

Allow us the choice of the artery clogging great tasting fries with a disclaimer on the container, or the mehhhh healthier fries.

• Options
    edited July 10, 2020 3:29PM

Welcome Back to Starbuck's!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

On his daily run...

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Welcome Back to Starbuck's!

Works for me, I own the stock... :)

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the weekend time to party, I even have my party shirt on

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie I use a typewriter too.... :#

@silverpop Fun fact on the Kodak Instants, Polaroid sued them for patent violations and won and Kodak was required to stop manufacturing and selling the cameras and film. I believe there was some sort of compensation possibility for customers that had purchased them from Kodak since they became useless with no film but many people never accepted it and the cameras still bounce around in people’s closets :)

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

All we need is for a comet to show up.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    edited July 11, 2020 1:44PM

Found in the junk tray. Junk? Beautiful!

• Options

Greaty Pics @PipestonePete
    :)

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like Roll play.

• Options
    edited July 12, 2020 5:28PM

Can you pick out the sparrow?

• Options
  • Options

A drive-thru picture frame.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file