Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 2:20PM

I'm watching a couple that would have sold in minutes a week ago, no takers so far. I'm seeing a slow down. Someone must be doing a low ball set to pay that for a 68

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 2:22PM

i think the place was off line, thats good money for a 68!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    I'm watching a couple that would have sold in minutes a week ago, no takers so far. I'm seeing a slow down. Someone must be doing a low ball set to pay that for a 68

@JimTyler said:

Wait until a 67 gets graded ;)

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best flipping coin since ....

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I been to busy working has the prices been dropping or holding? ;)

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    I been to busy working has the prices been dropping or holding? ;)

Looks to me dropped a little bit

Collector

• Options

No release today

Collector

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

Prices are also softer. I don't see any sales in the $1800 range anymore. Prices seem to have dropped back to the $15-$1700 range

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 5:34AM

@Kliao said:
    No release today

I'm going to miss you when these get marked "sold out" or will you keep checking ?

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

EVER!

Lol.

It's an interesting question, but given the low cost of entry and ther $1000+ flip potential, I really can't think of one that compares.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

I'm going to miss you when these get marked "sold out" or will you keep checking ?

Nope I’ll be sleeping in when it says sold out ;)

Collector

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Just curious about the COA encapsulation fee. Their website states:
    "To encapsulate your Mint COA, an additional $15 will be added to the submission fees."
    When I got my packing slip, the charge was $65 for the GN80 grade and $10 for the big holder for $75 total. Did anyone else experience this? I will call customer service to find out what is going on.

• Options

NGC 620 Proof 69, Proof 70 3156.
    PCGS 10 Proof 68, 1063 Proof 69, Proof 70 1942.

Quite a difference.

• Options

@jabba said:
    Did they ever release the sale figures yet?

Nope. None since Nov.3

Collector

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Just curious about the COA encapsulation fee. Their website states:
    "To encapsulate your Mint COA, an additional $15 will be added to the submission fees."
    When I got my packing slip, the charge was $65 for the GN80 grade and $10 for the big holder for $75 total. Did anyone else experience this? I will call customer service to find out what is going on.

It was entered wrong into the system. They are going to refund the over charge. Whew!

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 10:20AM

@jabba said:

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@jabba said:

Where did you find the number?

Collector

• Options

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@jabba said:

United States Mint ...

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@jabba said:

United States Mint ...

Their sales figures haven’t been updated since Nov.3
    https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/cumulative-sales

Collector

• Options

Office of > @Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@jabba said:

United States Mint ...

Their sales figures haven’t been updated since Nov.3
    https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/cumulative-sales

They have a phone number you can call and ask...

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 10:55AM

Of course that number might be correct OR it might be an unreconciled first day of sales number EXCLUDING subsequent early morning sales. I'd actually be pleasantly surprised if 227 of these coins remain to be sold.

• Options

@RichR said:

Of course that number might be correct OR it might be an unreconciled first day of sales number EXCLUDING subsequent early morning sales. I'd actually be pleasantly surprised if 227 of these coins remain to be sold.

It's a current sales number. It was 29775 a week ago...

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

So the number sold has gone DOWN in a week? Ummm.....I will wait for the official number

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 11:22AM

@jabba said:

Eric's mint contact had it at approximately 29,800. Normally, they mint an extra 10-15% to cover returns/damage. I wonder if they did that here. Has anyone received COA numbers higher than 30,000.

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 11:32AM

That would be a cool number......"RARE COA....30,000 minted...COA #30.065 ERROR COA for sale" (even better on the slab)

Edit: I would assume an over run would pertain to just the coins not the COA but this is new ground

• Options

@BigA said:
    That would be a cool number......"RARE COA....30,000 minted...COA #30.065 ERROR COA for sale" (even better on the slab)

Edit: I would assume an over run would pertain to just the coins not the COA but this is new ground

Except the coins, as they normally do it, are packaged and ready to go, are they not? They don't put them in cases later.

• Options

The numbered COA would put a crimp on that....I can't see a reason a return couldn't have the coin/capsule removed and an overrun inserted and resold....but....that would assume a return and that would be REALLY dumb

• Options

Just got my cert # 275xx. No golden ticket but im happy. What would you rather have , a PR69 cert # 150 or PR70 cert 275xx?

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pr 70. The other three letter just posted my grade. ER 69. I sent it in box and rolled the dice and crapped out. Also got and to add some salt to the wound I got a five digit coa. Question for the elder statesmen of the forum, is it worth sending to pcgs for a cross over upgrade attempt?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Pr 70. The other three letter just posted my grade. ER 69. I sent it in box and rolled the dice and crapped out. Also got and to add some salt to the wound I got a five digit coa. Question for the elder statesmen of the forum, is it worth sending to pcgs for a cross over upgrade attempt?

It seems like PCGS has an even lower 70 ratio. It would probably be a waste of money

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks man. Guess it goes in the safe for a decade

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 5:42PM

tomorrow is the 30 day anniversary of the release of this beautiful coin. who will be with me online again in the morning trying to get lucky?

• Options
    TrumboTrumbo Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Just got my grades, one 69 and one 70. Images haven't posted yet, how can I tell what the coa# is?

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trumbo said:
    Just got my grades, one 69 and one 70. Images haven't posted yet, how can I tell what the coa# is?

my guess is you have to wait until you can click the cert number on your order page to see the coin details... Usually available a day or so after grades are posted.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 6:13PM

I received my alert that grades were ready at 4:45 pm yesterday and for the heck of it I checked on them about 9 pm and was able to click on cert number. Check back in a few hours and you might be surprised! Good luck!

@jessewvu said:

@Trumbo said:

my guess is you have to wait until you can click the cert number on your order page to see the coin details... Usually available a day or so after grades are posted.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    tomorrow is the 30 day anniversary of the release of this beautiful coin. who will be with me online again in the morning trying to get lucky?

Me! :)

Collector

• Options

@BigA said:
    So the number sold has gone DOWN in a week? Ummm.....I will wait for the official number

It is getting annoying that they just can’t update sales figures

Collector

• Options

@BigA said:
    The numbered COA would put a crimp on that....I can't see a reason a return couldn't have the coin/capsule removed and an overrun inserted and resold....but....that would assume a return and that would be REALLY dumb

Except a lot of returns (normally) are for damaged packaging in shipping. That is generally NOT the way they do it.

• Options

how are the bst sales going on these? I've never used that option, always used ebay, but with these and the high percentage ebay and paypal charge I might look into it.

• Options

I just sold to JM Bullion for $2,000 direct deposit into my checking account. Almost even with eBay after fees and a lot less risky.

• Options

I just sold to JM Bullion for $2,000 direct deposit into my checking account. Almost even with eBay after fees and a lot less risky.

what did you sell? raw,,sealed box, graded?

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

EVER!

Lol.

It's an interesting question, but given the low cost of entry and ther $1000+ flip potential, I really can't think of one that compares.

The issue is getting enough volume at issue—not the case with this one
    2008/reverse 2007 was a good one.
    I had over 100 at issue price.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:

PF-70 with encapsulated CoA. Not sure what their ungraded or 69 price is.

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

@Archemia said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

PF-70, so it was graded ats?

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options

@jimineez1 said:

@Archemia said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

PF-70, so it was graded ats?

Isn't NGC the only TPG that uses PF? But yes, NGC.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trumbo said:

To find the COA #.

Lookup the cert # of the coin.

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/

It will have an entry for pedigree... that’s the COA #.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file