Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    I don't know of one big dealer using a bot.

Well, it's got to be bots, so somebody must be using them.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:
    It may be that the big dealers have been using bots for a long time, I have no proof. Initial investment is insignificant and can almost guarantee a quantity of coins purchased before release. Don’t fool yourselves that this idea just came up on this release.

Google “bot software for online purchases” and you can see that there is an entire industry for them.

I don't know of one big dealer using a bot.

Me either. I'm just saying it's not a new concept and appears very easy to implement. I hadn't heard of the concept before it popped up here.

I'm watching this from the sidelines and think it's time for me to go get a hot dog.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2019 7:39PM

@Tetromibi said:

@Gluggo said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "Almost there!"

Yeah, they're just across the street! :p

I'm here ...at PCGS grading stage "QA" .. getting excited to see my grade and COA #

I hope you do well it took mine 7 days to get out of QA finally got out yesterday waiting for the ship out today!

How did everything turn out?

It graded a 70 but was not as low as yours, waiting for the package to open it up to see a signed certificate at least I am hoping. I think it was in the low 200s cert so I am happy. But I really wanted 0001! At least it’s on its way back home back to Alaska.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Tetromibi said:

@Gluggo said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "Almost there!"

Yeah, they're just across the street! :p

I'm here ...at PCGS grading stage "QA" .. getting excited to see my grade and COA #

I hope you do well it took mine 7 days to get out of QA finally got out yesterday waiting for the ship out today!

How did everything turn out?

It graded a 70 but was not as low as yours, waiting for the package to open it up to see a signed certificate at least I am hoping. I think it was in the low 200s cert so I am happy. But I really wanted 0001! At least it’s on its way back home back to Alaska.

Great! Show us all when it arrives

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

No release today

Collector

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

So I think the light has finally clicked on for me. I didn't get one of these the day they were released, but got one the next morning (Friday) at 7:30. Got one in the cart for my daughter's account that Saturday, but too slow to complete. Then the next Tuesday (Nov 19th I think) they came open and was too slow again. It's still in her cart. I'm pretty sure I've been there at 7:30 every morning since, and nothing. I think what's happened is that if there are any new items available, smart Mint employees are making sure they get sold to them. They could make them available at any time of the day, and with a $65 investment make over $1000 each, just like many on here would like to do. Why would they let me buy one of these for $65 if they could buy them? It's just human nature. So I don't think these will come again at 7:30, so I'm finally out after the last 22 days of nothing. If you're still trying, good luck to you, hope I was wrong.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Snowy day out there so delaying my venture outside....if you have some time take a peek at the recent "unopened box" completed sales ($1800-ish) and check out feedback...REALLY scary. ones, twos, quite a few "cancelled sale after purchase" and not many coin people selling them. I looked at maybe 7-8 and saw one with previous coin sales.

Looks like a setup for disaster...buyer beware

• Options

I think what's happened is that if there are any new items available, smart Mint employees are making sure they get sold to them.

...or...they are all sold

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2019 6:04AM

@BigA said:
    Snowy day out there so delaying my venture outside....if you have some time take a peek at the recent "unopened box" completed sales ($1800-ish) and check out feedback...REALLY scary. ones, twos, quite a few "cancelled sale after purchase" and not many coin people selling them. I looked at maybe 7-8 and saw one with previous coin sales.

Looks like a setup for disaster...buyer beware

I've actually had the opportunity on eBay to be on at the right second a new offering at a price that needed to be bought but when I opened it up there would be a low feedback seller or a low feedback seller presale and I didn't buy. Maybe a second or two later someone else bought. I guess you can always rely on buyer protection, I prefer to avoid the hassle. I did pick up one from a high feedback seller at lower than going price and that worked out just fine. The opportunity to buy on eBay has passed. With every coin that sells new sellers have to get more. God forbid someone else got more. I did ok and I'm out. I'm actually tired of these coins.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

How do you NEVER miss a morning? Are you a bot ?

No. A time that fits into my morning schedule :)

Collector

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2019 7:04AM

@Kliao said:

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

That's pretty good. I can think about it with 15 minutes to go and space out until 45 minutes later.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    That's pretty good. I can think about it with 15 minutes to go and space out until 45 minutes later.

Haha! That was me too :)

So I set the alarm on my phone to remind me to get signed on and ready to buy if they get released...

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Bots are programmed to say that. Just sayin' :D

• Options
    ArchemiaArchemia Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited December 11, 2019 7:59AM

Nice! Cert number 198xx

• Options

Congrats...

• Options

Nice glad to see the 70's God came to you!

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Kliao said:

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Bots are programmed to say that. Just sayin' :D

Um..........

Collector

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats @Archemia
    @Kliao you're not a Bot...Bots don't say UM. You passed!!!!!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2019 2:58PM

@Onastone said:
    congrats @Archemia

A good bot can be programmed to say UM, and click on all the cars or traffic lights in the dumb puzzles too, faster than humans can. No longer a fair fight. :/

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2019 3:53PM

@jessewvu said:
    It may be that the big dealers have been using bots for a long time, I have no proof. Initial investment is insignificant and can almost guarantee a quantity of coins purchased before release. Don’t fool yourselves that this idea just came up on this release.

Google “bot software for online purchases” and you can see that there is an entire industry for them.

No doubt. There is a site "I will not name" has bunch of freelancers from the dark side for hire. A simple project /custom bot to any site would cost around $300 to start.

And I have a funny feeling that a dealer who had enough cash flow but forgot to mask his ip address was caught. Sure , we can assume it could be a sneakerhead. But what was the odd that a youngin who had $60k + and willing to bet on coins that he was unfamiliar with?

According to US Mint.
    “Additionally, we identified approximately 5 percent of traffic as coming from bots, including 3 percent of traffic from a single IP address, of which zero orders were processed.”

• Options

@Onastone said:
    congrats @Archemia

Yay :)

Collector

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 1:59AM

Considering making this into a t-shirt. Obverse on the front and the reverse on the back. Maybe PCGS could slab it :)
    Would you wear it?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

It should be captioned underneath the image "My limit is Proof 70"

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    A good bot can be programmed to say UM, and click on all the cars or traffic lights in the dumb puzzles too, faster than humans can. No longer a fair fight. :/

Faster and not fair? You mean like people who have a 1000MB internet connection competing with those on dialup?

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Considering making this into a t-shirt. Obverse on the front and the reverse on the back. Maybe PCGS could slab it :)
    Would you wear it?

Jane: Eeeww. What are those nasty spots on your shirt?
    Joe: They'are milk spots...... :#

• Options

When does PCGS do the imaging of the coin? Mine looks like it has been graded and is in the QA stage but i dont see any images uploaded yet. I did score a PR70 !!!!

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:
    When does PCGS do the imaging of the coin? Mine looks like it has been graded and is in the QA stage but i dont see any images uploaded yet. I did score a PR70 !!!!

If you ordered Gold Shield or with TrueView images lately take several extra days even after grading is done before they show up. Usually about the time you have the coins in hand. They are very busy with these coins.

• Options

@MasonG said:

@Goldminers said:

Faster and not fair? You mean like people who have a 1000MB internet connection competing with those on dialup?

ADA Title 2

• Options

just saw that my coin is in the 8,000's but no weird number as 8000, 8888,

I think im going to sell it unless you can convince me otherwise.. lets assume it will be worth 25k in several years.

• Options

@Calradix said:
    just saw that my coin is in the 8,000's but no weird number as 8000, 8888,

I think im going to sell it unless you can convince me otherwise.. lets assume it will be worth 25k in several years.

Or $500 in several years.

Collector

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:

Congrats on the great result! Mine is in the QA stage also but no grade has been published that I can find. Where would I find that... or did you just call them to see what grade you received?

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    @coinnoob782 said:

Congrats on the great result! Mine is in the QA stage also but no grade has been published that I can find. Where would I find that... or did you just call them to see what grade you received?

Mine just went through the QA stage and unfortunately I had to wait 7 days for it to get out. The grade will just appear one day about the exact time they charge your credit card. About 12 hours before they ship. Or mine took the next day to ship. It was strange one day no grade with the QA section. Then bang the grade just appears on the right after a refresh. Hopefully it will be quick. Good luck.

• Options

No release today.

Collector

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigole said:
    So I think the light has finally clicked on for me. I didn't get one of these the day they were released, but got one the next morning (Friday) at 7:30. Got one in the cart for my daughter's account that Saturday, but too slow to complete. Then the next Tuesday (Nov 19th I think) they came open and was too slow again. It's still in her cart. I'm pretty sure I've been there at 7:30 every morning since, and nothing. I think what's happened is that if there are any new items available, smart Mint employees are making sure they get sold to them. They could make them available at any time of the day, and with a $65 investment make over $1000 each, just like many on here would like to do. Why would they let me buy one of these for $65 if they could buy them? It's just human nature. So I don't think these will come again at 7:30, so I'm finally out after the last 22 days of nothing. If you're still trying, good luck to you, hope I was wrong.

Because a cushy Mint job is not worth losing over $1000.

I hate when people accuse other people of a crime with no evidence.

This is quite normal for a hot issue like this. The only "extra" coins are credit card declines and returns. A coin like this has ZERO returns because even a banged up package or a coin with a few marks can easily be flipped for more than the $66 the Mint is going to return to you after about 6 weeks.

It is also quite common for a coin to be sold out but not labeled as such for weeks. The 2017 enhanced uncirculated set sold out then got 40,000 returns and went back on sale. Eventually they got back to 215,000 sold out of 225,000 minted. But they didn't have 40,000 extra sets so NONE were available for months before they finally marked it sold out at 215,000 sold.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@Goldminers said:

Do people still have dial up? LOL

This is a valid point. I personally entered 3 orders in the 3 accounts I had access to on the day of release. I was 3/3. Across town, I had 8 friends trying and they got a total of one coins. The difference? I do have fast hands, but I'm also on a college campus with a fast internet connection.

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 7:28AM

Autographed #29 on sale currently at $9995.00 @ 1 bidder with 8 days left. Except it’s ungraded it could be a 68! ;)

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 7:22AM

They are all popping up now!

Collector

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    @coinnoob782 said:

If you log into pcgs.com, look at your account, go to 'my orders' and click your submission number. It shows there for me.

• Options

"If you log into pcgs.com, look at your account, go to 'my orders' and click your submission number. It shows there for me."

mine doesn't show yet. shows Holder check and label verification. so I wait, I'll be patient.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Would you wear it?

Maybe I'll get one of those black and gray tattoo artists to give me one of those!

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Would you wear it?

Maybe I'll get one of those black and gray tattoo artists to give me one of those!

• Options

Except it’s ungraded it could be a 68! ;)

A PCGS FS 68 sold for $1525 today ...right after a PCGS FS 69 sold for $1399

There's that AND the cert can't be connected to the coin so I guess it all a paper thing

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 1:25PM

deleted...server burp

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 1:22PM

Ditto

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 1:23PM

Yawn...ditto

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 1:23PM

Yup...same

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 1:24PM

toast

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 1:25PM

SO I go to make a comment and it doesn't post....so I try again...nope..and again.....

..and then ALL of them post...sorry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file