Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options

Pinehurst coins has two OGP listings, one at $1700 and the other at $5000. They are identical from what I can tell, but 2 buyers already paid the full $5000 price. I'm so confused.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019 2:41PM

The $5000's sold are all Best Offer Accepted so no clue what the final price was since it's an ongoing sale...and a crapload of them were sold ..ummmm 92 sold in 24 hours

I can guarantee no one paid $5000

• Options

What is pinehurst's angle? Are they sending them all out for grading? An ebay user "pinehurstbuyer" bid $1500 on the one I sold.

• Options

@BigA said:
    The $5000's sold are all Best Offer Accepted so no clue what the final price was since it's an ongoing sale...and a crapload of them were sold ..ummmm 92 sold in 24 hours

2 buyers paid the full 5k, the rest made offers. Guess some people just have that much money

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019 3:17PM

@kimber45ACP said:
    Mine went to the QA stage yesterday...

Mine is still stuck on QA 2 days before yours went in. Something is up! Maybe a signed one or a REGRADE FROM 67 TO 68? :(

But then I did not sign up for Expedited but normal slow process 15 to 22 days, so I get what I deserve for being cheap. ;)

• Options
    edited December 6, 2019 3:04PM

@Archemia said:

@BigA said:

2 buyers paid the full 5k, the rest made offers. Guess some people just have that much money

The two that did the BIN have no price payed listed...kinda suspicious. What is significant is the numbers from Pinehurst have been sold daily..

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=202843499908&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Pretty lucky number 2 was a 70.

What if #1 is a dog 68.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@BigA said:

use this site to find the actual sell price:
    https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebayOfferHistory/ebay-best-offer-actual-price.htm

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

Then #2 becomes most desirable?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

Perfect for a low ball set

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    edited December 6, 2019 6:37PM

@Batman23 said:

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

It has to be mine but it’s either going to be a 66 or a 67 as it’s been 96 Hours, sitting in the Quality Control Phase. :( its 5:30 pm now in California so I doubt it will be shipped. Maybe they LOST IT. :(

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Batman23 said:

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

It has to be mine but it’s either going to be a 66 or a 67 as it’s been 96 Hours, sitting in the Quality Control Phase. :( its 5:30 pm now in California so I doubt it will be shipped. Maybe they LOST IT. :(

Or it’s 00001?

• Options

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@Gluggo said:

@Batman23 said:

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

Or it’s 00001?

I think #30000 will also bring a premium being the last COA

Collector

• Options

No release

Collector

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@Gluggo said:

@Batman23 said:

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

Or it’s 00001?

I think #30000 will also bring a premium being the last COA

Actually #30000 is probably not the highest number. They usually Mint extras to cover returns

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:

@BigA said:

https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebayOfferHistory/ebay-best-offer-actual-price.htm

Yup...that site works for single items but for BIB's that have multiple coins available it (or any) will just give the BIN price since there is only one auction number for many coins which will have different accepted offers

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@BigA said:

@kimber45ACP said:

@BigA said:

Yup...that site works for single items but for BIB's that have multiple coins available it (or any) will just give the BIN price since there is only one auction number for many coins which will have different accepted offers

Here is another that I use:
    http://www.watchcount.com/

• Options

Yup ..again that works only for single item sales

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazed than an offer of $1200 for an unopened box gets denied.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

Four of the five last sales of an unopened ERP box have gone for$1640-$1695. One went for $1450

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see prices rising but I pity the poor fool seller that gets a charge back from “an empty box” selling on eBay.
    Or the buyer that does.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

Why? The average sale is more than $300 above that and multiple dealers with published buy prices above that.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@morgansforever said:

Why? The average sale is more than $300 above that and multiple dealers with published buy prices above that.

I figured 18x issue price is a pretty good profit.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Glad to see prices rising but I pity the poor fool seller that gets a charge back from “an empty box” selling on eBay.
    Or the buyer that does.

Based on passed EBay rulings against Myself I BELIEVE if you can prove that you have a tracking number and can prove that the buyer signed for the box EBay will side on the seller if buyer claims no coin was in the box.
    Now if the buyer were to say coin not as advertised and wanted to send it back that might go in the favor of the buyer. Anyways EBay will be left with a hard decision especially since this sale requires the box to remained closed especially if you wanted to send in for grading.
    Either way EBay might have some hard decision.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@morgansforever said:

Maybe sometime in the near or distant future but not right now.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

just sold on ebay for $649 BIN ... I think bots are still at work because it was gone before I could get on the listing to buy it myself. a millisecond and it was gone. dag nab it

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goldbuffalo said:

What if #1 is a dog 68.

A "lowly" 68 would be perfect for a PCGS Low Ball Registry set as the other 29,999 are basically 69s and 70s.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at the market today and they were out of Diet Coke. I suspect bots were responsible.

• Options

@morgansforever said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@morgansforever said:

Dealers are still buying at 1400. You have to be ignorant of the market to accept a $1200 offer

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019 4:43PM

BST (with hardened forum members) remains the one venue I would use for the sellling or buying of this issue, in “getting rarer” sealed condition.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MasonG said:
    I was at the market today and they were out of Diet Coke. I suspect bots were responsible.

Seems like they are starting to take over the world

Collector

• Options

I asked Santa for a bot on Christmas

• Options

You still got time 30 minutes she is at $10,000.00. Signed # You fill in the blank!

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    You still got time 30 minutes she is at $10,000.00. Signed # You fill in the blank!

Stupid money for the signature of a politically appointed employee. :smile:

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

"I cannot wrap my mind around someone paying $10K for a manufactured rarity..."

how about 10.1k? final hammer

• Options
    lotsacoins52lotsacoins52 Posts: 8
    edited December 7, 2019 9:24PM

@MilesWaits said:
    BST (with hardened forum members) remains the one venue I would use for the sellling or buying of this issue, in “getting rarer” sealed condition.

I’m not a hardened member but I have one sealed box if anyone’s interested. I’m still on the fence whether to sell or hang onto it.

• Options
    edited December 8, 2019 6:31AM

easy money

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:
    I cannot wrap my mind around someone paying $10K for a manufactured rarity...

Some people have more money than sense.

• Options

No release today

Collector

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    nobody selling these at black friday prices today? looks like about $1400, boxed or raw. also looks like a lot of the boxed ones have been tampered with to see what the coa looks like before re-sealing it. I'm not a buyer anyway at these prices. no budget for it. I'm just anxious to get my results back, for the one I was lucky enough to get on the first day, from our hosts. then the debate begins, hold or sell.

This is very disturbing news for an unsuspecting collector. (tampered sealed boxes) How can one tell; especially from an eBay listing?

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options

@ajman said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    nobody selling these at black friday prices today? looks like about $1400, boxed or raw. also looks like a lot of the boxed ones have been tampered with to see what the coa looks like before re-sealing it. I'm not a buyer anyway at these prices. no budget for it. I'm just anxious to get my results back, for the one I was lucky enough to get on the first day, from our hosts. then the debate begins, hold or sell.

This is very disturbing news for an unsuspecting collector. (tampered sealed boxes) How can one tell; especially from an eBay listing?

You really can’t. I suggest not buying the coin just because the listing says unopened box.

Collector

• Options

@ajman said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

You can't even easily tell when in hand. Also makes no difference if you don't pay a huge lottery premium to try and win the COA game. The raw coins, 69 slabs and sealed boxes are all within about $200 of each other, give or take

• Options

Just sold a 69

• Options
    edited December 8, 2019 9:25AM

I am still, and probably will always be, amazed that a modern 69 grade silver coin can repeatedly get $1500+....

...and I like it...but still weird

Nice sale...

• Options

I been slowly removing older saved sales and it’s apparent the sale prices have been steadily rising.

Dec 8th $1,600.00 today’s sales. I wonder how much longer this will rise. As I am forced to wait for PCGS to finish grading my coin the sale prices keep rising. I am ready to get the coin back soI can sell this thing and move onto other coins.

• Options

I too have been waiting for the grading process and reveal. We'll see if the bubble bursts but so far it keeps expanding. I just want to see what I got for a grade and of course if there's anything special about my COA.

• Options

$1675.00

5 minutes left in a 69 grade.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    $1675.00

5 minutes left in a 69 grade.

Wow they are really going up still

Collector

• Options
    edited December 8, 2019 8:20PM

It ended at $1701.00but it’s a weekend night people are Christmas shopping!

But then this Pre Sale 70 by NGC did not do so well only $2304.00

I wonder if Moderncoinexchange is satisfied? Is that MCM?
    I don’t see the graded COA’s on these 2 NGC coins. Makes me think they were not graded. After all if they are open boxes they won’t grade the COA.

This PCGS coin looks good it’s a 70. A few minutes left 2660.00

This NGC is at $2354.00. Not as strong tonight as PCGS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file