Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:
    I cannot wrap my mind around someone paying $10K for a manufactured rarity...

Neither can I. Maybe you and a lot of other people will join me in wrapping our collective minds around this: If we think the market prices are too high, let the sellers keep them. I think it would be surprising how quickly prices would come down.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

You still got time a few minutes left
    $3350.00
    2019-S $1 Silver Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof PCGS PR70 - First Day Of Issue!
    IN HAND READY TO SHIP! KEY DATE!

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I had any of these, I would strike while the fire is hot. Who cares about what they will be worth in the future.

I would turn that ounce of silver into an ounce of gold like a magician 🎩

• Options

Is there anywhere to sell a graded coin? Feebay just seems too risky

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Archemia said:

Contact dealers. what grade? What service? What label?

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@Archemia said:

Id also be interested in selling of ebay as they hit me with a selling restriction until i can prove I bought them from the manufacturer.. in this case i bought it off other people so thats going to be very difficult...

I have NGC 69/70s early release and PCGS 69s to sell.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Archemia said:

Try in the BST

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

No release today

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still wondering who the "end stage" purchasers are for these.....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Last seven sales raw AND unopened are right around $1800

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the Iowa City coin show yesterday, only one dealer had them and he had a sign posted that he was buying. $1,600 cash for sealed boxes.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019 6:22AM

The ONLY way I would buy an unopened box from a stranger is if they provided me a copy of the Mint shipping notice with a tracking number that could be matched to the box. Even then, that could be altered. I would MUCH rather just buy a coin that I could see....COA be dammed

MCM has 5 69's left at $1445 which now seems like a bargain

• Options

i sent two coins to PCGS for grading, one is a proof 69 and one is a PROOF 70. Thank God. HA!

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF???

"I have 40 sealed boxes in hand..."

And this person has feedback for only 17 sold items! How is this possible...and are we sure those BOTS didn't work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Silver-Eagle-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-19XE-UNOPENED-SEALED/274135424908?hash=item3fd3be9f8c:g:ODoAAOSwUxxd7oqh

• Options

@RichR said:

WTF???

And this person has feedback for only 17 sold items! How is this possible...and are we sure those BOTS didn't work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Silver-Eagle-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-19XE-UNOPENED-SEALED/274135424908?hash=item3fd3be9f8c:g:ODoAAOSwUxxd7oqh

Possibly he was the one with the bot

• Options
    edited December 9, 2019 6:59PM

@RichR said:

WTF???

Lets GET THE @#% @# A. #$@#!!!!!

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

He messaged me yesterday out of nowhere on ebay trying to sell me all 40 at 1800 each. I didn't pay him much attention

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options

Being totally serious...absent a bot or being an established large dealer...tell me how this person landed 40?!?

Personally, I had an 80% failure rate (8 of 10 cancelled sales) going the BIN route on EBay...So unless this person tried to scoop up hundreds on eBay and ended up with 40...I’m not getting it?!?

• Options

Hey Booger9989...you mean you didn’t just cut this guy...with no feedback...a check for $72,000?!?

Funny you!

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Hey Booger9989...you mean you didn’t just cut this guy...with no feedback...a check for $72,000?!?

Funny you!

Exactly. I had a few things listed including ASE. I seen the message and figured he was a scammer. If you look at the messages he/she is either young or doesn't know much English 🤷🏼‍♂️

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options

I would agree that being a scammer is likely...but that photo of a stack of appropriate looking shipping boxes looks pretty legit...which is pathetic!

• Options

Yeah life is unfair; bots are everywhere. Even in the stock market, high frequency traders snipe millions from retail investors every year. It's just something us small fish need to live with

• Options

I got lots of skinny boxes from the mint. I can even stack them up and claim to own 40 of the coins. But I have a job and I am not into taking advantage of weak buyers . B)

• Options

@RichR said:
    Being totally serious...absent a bot or being an established large dealer...tell me how this person landed 40?!?

Personally, I had an 80% failure rate (8 of 10 cancelled sales) going the BIN route on EBay...So unless this person tried to scoop up hundreds on eBay and ended up with 40...I’m not getting it?!?

Looks like a throw account but the boxes look correct but can be scammer also

• Options

The listing has been ended by the seller now but if you look, you can see one out of the shipping box to the right. What’s the deal with that!?!

• Options

No release today

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Go back to bed

• Options

@Kliao said:
    The listing has been ended by the seller now but if you look, you can see one out of the shipping box to the right. What’s the deal with that!?!

Maybe L&C bought them all or maybe he is trolling here and seen he was busted? :o

• Options

@RichR said:

I know a guy that landed about 10 just asking people he didn't even know that well at his gym.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

Don’t know when the next one will be.

There may never be a next one. Or none for weeks and then a few on one day in January.

So it is possible the mint could just hang up their SOLD OUT sign anytime without any further release?

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

At any time.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

Don’t know when the next one will be.

There may never be a next one. Or none for weeks and then a few on one day in January.

So it is possible the mint could just hang up their SOLD OUT sign anytime without any further release?

Yep. That is what went on with the Apollo half dollar set. But if you look at the sales figures you could tell that it wasn’t going to get released again because it was at 2 below the product limit

• Options

@RichR said:

I ended up with 27 with no bots.

Someone on this forum had over 100 coworkers trying to buy them. No bots

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2019 9:42AM

It may be that the big dealers have been using bots for a long time, I have no proof. Initial investment is insignificant and can almost guarantee a quantity of coins purchased before release. Don’t fool yourselves that this idea just came up on this release.

Google “bot software for online purchases” and you can see that there is an entire industry for them.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2019 10:10AM

I just looked on eBay and Pinehurst has raw for $1450 today with 10+ available. They also have NGC 69s for the same price

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

@LukeMarshall said:
    I just looked on eBay and Pinehurst has raw for $1450 today with 10+ available. They also have NGC 69s for the same price

Cheap! :D

• Options
    edited December 10, 2019 11:41AM
    I ended up with 27 with no bots.

Might I ask how many accounts and pairs of hands that involved? To end up with 27...I'm assuming 50+ people...or likely more.

I'm also going to guess that your eBay account doesn't only show 17 total sales, including only 1 in the past 6 months.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2019 11:59AM

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/may/21/ticket-touts-powerful-software-assist-widely-available

Buying the software now! When in Rome do as the Romans! Enjoy! B)

Powerful software to assist ticket touts widely available online
    This article is more than 3 years old
    Despite renewed efforts to clean up the market for tickets in major events, it remains easy to purchase tools that defeat vendors’ security measures
    Software that helps touts bypass the security systems of major ticketing companies and scoop up tickets at the expense of fans is easily available online – and even comes with YouTube videos to explain how to use it.

Scrutiny of ticketing firms and touts has reached fever pitch ahead of a government-backed report into the industry due to be published this week.

But efforts to clean up the market are being undermined by firms selling custom-made software designed to help touts get the tickets they want. One site, ticketbots.net, sells automated programs called “bots” that can search for and buy tickets from primary sites, such as Ticketmaster, as soon as they go on sale.

The website, registered in Panama, did not return emailed requests for comment. But when the Observer posed as a customer, staff at the website wrote back within a few hours offering a “bulk discount”. The company also boasted that it could bypass the Captcha security system used by sites such as Ticketmaster.
    Captcha is a way of testing whether someone trying to buy a ticket is a human or a bot, for example by showing the user a gallery of pictures and asking them to place a tick next to all of those that depict, say, trees. But an employee of ticketbots.net said its bots were able to defeat this security protocol by enlisting real people to tick the right boxes. “Our softwares already bypasses these picture Captchas using 3rd party CAPTCHA bypassing companies, who types the Captchas for you,” ticketbots.net wrote in an email.

The website also offers a vast array of other tools designed to boost the amount of tickets that touts are able to scoop up.
    One product description boasts: “In short, the bot grabs hundreds of tickets for multiple event simultaneously and let you choose cream tickets from them to buy with just a single click.”

Ticketbots.net even demonstrates how to use one of its bots in a YouTube video that shows how to get multiple tickets for comedian Kevin Hart at Wembley Arena.

And the website offers “PDF copiers”, which can be used to copy the unique barcode on a ticket to produce counterfeit copies.

According to ticketing expert Reg Walker, fraudsters can even copy the barcode from pictures that fans post on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. “Do not post pictures of your tickets on social media,” said Walker. “Someone will make a copy and when you go to the gig, you won’t be able to get in if they got there first.”

Other products on offer on ticketbots.net include “spinners”, which automatically flip purchased tickets on to secondary websites, where they can be sold at a large mark-up. Buyers can also pay for “drop checkers”, which automatically monitor ticketing sites for new events and pick up tickets automatically based on the users’ preferences.

Walker said that while the use of bots was not that common among UK touts, his ticket security firm, The Iridium Consultancy, had seen an increase in attacks from overseas.

Michael Waterson, an economics professor from the University of Warwick, is due to publish his recommendations on measures to improve the ticketing industry at the end of this week.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

PR70 population now 1,152 now already 3 times the PCGS graded 70's of the 1995W and another thousand+ being graded.
    PR69 732
    PR68 6
    I am waiting this helium balloon to deflate and expect to buy a PR70 for under $2,000 probably after Christmas.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

"PCGS PR70 population now 1,152"

I'm just hoping mine adds one more to the total. I'll take my chances on re-sale value. Historically low mintages seem to carry collectible weight over time. The '95 eagle is always going to be special and is a hall of fame issue. I think this one will be also.

• Options

Almost there!

• Options
    edited December 10, 2019 2:18PM

"Almost there!"

Yeah, they're just across the street! :p

I'm here ...at PCGS grading stage "QA" .. getting excited to see my grade and COA #

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "Almost there!"

I'm here ...at PCGS grading stage "QA" .. getting excited to see my grade and COA #

I hope you do well it took mine 7 days to get out of QA finally got out yesterday waiting for the ship out today!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2019 3:02PM

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "PCGS PR70 population now 1,152"

... Historically low mintages seem to carry collectible weight over time. The '95 eagle is always going to be special and is a hall of fame issue. I think this one will be also.

Yes, the 2019-S ERP is always going to be special, as a hall of shame issue.

• Options

"I hope you do well it took mine 7 days to get out of QA finally got out yesterday waiting for the ship out today!"

Me too!

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I would like to see a PR68.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "Almost there!"

Good luck! Hopefully another golden ticket!

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "Almost there!"

I hope you do well it took mine 7 days to get out of QA finally got out yesterday waiting for the ship out today!

How did everything turn out?

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    It may be that the big dealers have been using bots for a long time, I have no proof. Initial investment is insignificant and can almost guarantee a quantity of coins purchased before release. Don’t fool yourselves that this idea just came up on this release.

Google “bot software for online purchases” and you can see that there is an entire industry for them.

I don't know of one big dealer using a bot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file