Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Sold a 1919 BS Peace Dollar the other day and the buyer wanted to return it because...………………………. :#

Oct 28
    Return started

Reason
    Ordered by mistake
    Details
    Instead of saying In God We Trust, It says "In God We Trvst."

Gotta love Ebay... :*

That’s a first. Hope he never buys the Silver winged Saint forty that is spelled fourty.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019 9:05AM

@Bullsitter said:
    Sold a 1919 BS Peace Dollar the other day and the buyer wanted to return it because...………………………. :#

Oct 28
    Return started

Reason
    Ordered by mistake
    Details

I wonder if the buyer found one that said “In God We Trust”? >:)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019 9:53AM

@Zoins said:

That's a good question...I just gave him a full refund when I got the piece back. Never said a word about the TRVST. I started to but I figured he would find out sooner or later. He was nice about it and even gave me positive feedback before he got the coin. It rates in my Top Ten of strange Ebay transactions.

• @Bullsitter said:

@Zoins said:

That's a good question...I just gave him a full refund when I got the piece back. Never said a word about the TRVST. I started to but I figured he would find out sooner or later. He was nice about it and even gave me positive feedback before he got the coin. It rates in my Top Ten of strange Ebay transactions.

I don't think anyone could be this ignorant. I'd bet that the buyer had second thoughts and was worried about returning it without an excuse, so he came up with this one.

• bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Oct 28
    Return started

Reason
    Ordered by mistake
    Details

I had a buyer ask to return one of the 1964 Morgan dollars because of the “scratches” all over the coin. I explained that the scratches were actually ghost images of the host coin that was overstruck and they decided to keep it. It might be the same person. Haha.

• WDHWDH Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Dan has some 1995 Morgan's for sale.

Thanks for the heads up.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Bullsitter, one on order.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohhh looks like I am late to the party! :p

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 12:51PM

Looks like a new KOTCT stunner is coming soon! Yikes! :o

Three finishes, matte, satin and proof-like.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Nice! So PCGS has climbed on board for fantasy medals?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:
    Nice! So PCGS has climbed on board for fantasy medals?

I’m not sure. It’s the first I’ve seen.
    I have seen other fantasy pieces (non-Carr) slabbed by PCGS (and NGC).

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

What in the world does X#Pn24 Fantasy mean? Couldnt they have just stated Daniel Carr?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

@DCW said:
    What in the world does X#Pn24 Fantasy mean? Couldnt they have just stated Daniel Carr?

My guess is that it is from the Krause Unusual World Coins Catalog (most of those start with "X"). And if it is listed in there, then that might explain why it was accepted to be graded.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 6:55PM

@U1chicago said:

Awesome. Can a 1964 Peace Dollar be far behind? :)

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

would prefer to see "D. Carr Fantasy Coin" on the label

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

@Zoins said:

Awesome. Can a 1964 Peace Dollar be far behind? :)

I'd like to see it, but I'm not certain that it will happen.
    The Ameros and other Carr original pieces aren't like any current coin and thus present less difficulties. An overstrike always has the stigma that it could be confused with a US Minted coin (even if most of us know better).

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be a game changer if they start slabbing Carr pieces!!!

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gee, I just had seven Carr's slabbed by anacs. We'll see how this plays out.

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does PCGS charge to slab a Daniel Carr Amero piece already in an ANACS slab?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Very nice collection. I have one of the first year minted, and a couple of every year made thereafter.
    Definitely my favorites.
    I have purchased many of Daniels products, including bars and ingots, but there is just something special about these.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

My

SHPPED !

Looks like Dan has some bulk Morgan’s for sale now.

1995" Morgan Silver fantasy issue, Bulk Handled, Brilliant Satin

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

What gives? Already "Out of stock".

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a bulk Morgan yesterday 11/23

Many happy BST transactions

@COCollector said:

@Gluggo said:

What gives? Already "Out of stock".

Sometime he gets more stock you might want to check back. He might even come here and let you know on a update.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, if the Mint is going to make "official" 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars, how does that square with what DC has planned in 2021? Does the 2021 Broken Arrow Peace have enough distinction to carry on? Just asking for a friend. ;)

edited November 30, 2019 8:15PM

@Akbeez said:

A very sharp looking Daniel Carr coin! Is that Antiqued by chance? What version is that you got? High Grade, Bag Handled, or Circulated? TYIA.

Heyyyy it's a Carr's original Bulk Satin Finish, pocket-worn circ-cam. The high relief really jumps out this way! @Bullsitter and @lordmarcovan turned me onto these --

Just got my notice that some coins are on the way! :p

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Just got my notice that some coins are on the way! :p

Me too,,,,,, Dan wants us to have presents for Christmas. :)

GrandAm :)

Yes! Morgans are a-coming! Speaking of which, only ONE left. Shelves are getting bare at the MM...

The Morgan’s are sold out.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    The Morgan’s are sold out.

Well, out of stock at present, yes.
    I will make another production run to have these available until the end of the year (which isn't too far away now).

edited December 4, 2019 9:37AM

Thank you Dan there are a few here who wanted to get in on some of your bulk Morgan’s.

Nice shots there @Gluggo -- looks like your Bulk was an New Orleans host coin :)

Wondering what kind of minimum grade host coins are -- can culls be used or do they have to be AU+ for a full strike?

edited December 8, 2019 8:42AM

Thank you Ak I did not see that. To bad it was not a cc?

I am waiting on the Witch! :p

Dan would have to answer the rest. No knowledge in that world.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Thank you Ak I did not see that. To bad it was not a cc?

Also the bulk piece looks like a 1896 ???

The host coins I typically use are VG to AU with no major damage. Many are cleaned, polished, and/or hair-lined since that does not affect the final result.

Thanks for that tidbit Mr. Dan -- amazing what a few tons of squeeze can do!

@Akbeez said:
    Thanks for that tidbit Mr. Dan -- amazing what a few tons of squeeze can do!

More than a "few". More like 300.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file