Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2020 5:14PM

I just noticed that @1940coupe has a new icon, a double struck 1965-D Peace Dollar!

I am interested to know how people get these and would love to get some :)

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I bid on that on flea-bay.

Congrats and HAPPY 2020 !!!

@Zoins said:
    I just noticed that @1940coupe has a new icon, a double struck 1965-D Peace Dollar!

I am interested in knowing how people get these and would love to get some :)

• Options

@LindyS said:

@Zoins said:

Did Dan sell that on eBay himself?

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

>
    No idea... ;)
    >
    >

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2020 5:25PM

@Akbeez said:

@Zoins said:

No idea... ;)

You're killing me! :D

• Options

Miracles of Photoshop... B)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    Miracles of Photoshop... B)

The 1965-D Peace is an actual coin that was sold last June 23, 2019.

• Options

HA ! That's real Deal 1995 $ error goodie,

TWO drafts saved, for 2 lines !

ARGH !!!

@Akbeez said:

@Zoins said:

>
    No idea... ;)
    >
    >

• Options

No

I do not recall the seller

2 more draft saved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

MAKE IT THREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Zoins said:

@LindyS said:

@Zoins said:

• Options

@LindyS said:
    No

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

@Zoins said:

@LindyS said:

@Zoins said:

You have to either "send" the draft or "delete" (cut) it to remove a draft.

• Options
    edited January 2, 2020 2:28AM

WINDOWS 7 HERE might be my issue

4 draft saves in JUST one minute!!!!!!!!.

Been fun. Ba-Bye

Lindy

@Akbeez said:

@LindyS said:
    No

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

@Zoins said:

@LindyS said:

@Zoins said:

You have to either "send" the draft or "delete" (cut) it to remove a draft.

• Options
    edited January 2, 2020 4:19PM

@1940coupe said:
    bought 1965 double struck on Ebay from Bigpoppas and it wasn't cheap

Good to know. I missed that one! @Bigpoppas had a lot of great stuff and I wish he was still collecting.

Here's a quintuple struck 1975 bicentennial quarter I picked up from him. I don't have any dollars or older coins like the Capped Bust Half Dollars but I'll keep a look out for them.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang, double struck, triple struck and quintuple struck.

Just keep rubbin' it in...….. ;) ...I got a single struck... :#

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

heres some more

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

Yes to 64 High relief but definitely go with S mint mark to go with the 31S, second choice would be a 64P

• Options

I'm on the fence on the Peace issues. See both sides, but as I've said before, just make it VERY clear the difference if 64 is the chosen date. A DUAL satin/proof finish will make this an obvious difference :) or an S or P mintmark?
    Happy CHEERS to all for the NEW YEAR!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2020 4:07AM

wrong place sorry

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2020 4:06AM

@Twobitcollector said:
    This year marks 75 years since the end of WW 2. I guess no one cares.

I always thought it would be nice to have a 1945 Peace Dollar :)

• Options

@Zoins said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    This year marks 75 years since the end of WW 2. I guess no one cares.

I always thought it would be nice to have a 1945 Peace Dollar :)

Thanks for that. I did start a new thread on this, the US Mint should have done something.
    After all they are doing basketball and another one which slips my mind

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Anxiously awaiting the 2020 'Octagon Owl', have an up to date complete set.
    My 8 year old Granddaughter really Likes them.
    She has made it Very Clear to me that I am Not to sell or trade any of them!

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did he do the octagonal 2.5 oz gold owl for 2019?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    Did he do the octagonal 2.5 oz gold owl for 2019?

No.

• Options

I would have been really tempted by a 2.5 oz gold owl with the spaceman on the moon design, but then again I love space.

• Options

I am thinking of selling some rare DC coins before he decides to make more because he can make them better if he makes more and they are better then the first ones who would want them dont kid yourself they will go down in value

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would happen if you dipped a @dcarr hologram coin?

Would the color come off?

Have no plans to do so but have wondered about this?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    What would happen if you dipped a @dcarr hologram coin?

Would the color come off?

Have no plans to do so but have wondered about this?

No, the color would not come off. If left in the dip solution for a long time, it might fade a little due to the general etching of the silver by the dip.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    I am thinking of selling some rare DC coins before he decides to make more because he can make them better if he makes more and they are better then the first ones who would want them dont kid yourself they will go down in value

The reasons why I am contemplating another "1964" Peace are outlined in a previous post. Mainly, it is due to new information coming to light (a photo of an obverse die) which shows exactly what they would have looked like. So this is a special case, not likely to be repeated. If I do any more "1964" Peace over-strikes I am leaning towards doing them in high relief without any "D" mint mark. The obverse would match the photo, except for the higher relief.

Issuing fantasy-date over-strikes with mint mark variations is not unprecedented in my catalog. For example, I produced and sold "1963" over-strike Kennedys in January 2013 and for a few months following that. Later in the year, after the "1963" versions were sold out, I produced and sold "1963-D" over-strikes starting in October 2013.

Other fantasy-date over-strikes with mint mark variations include:
    Washingtons: "1975", "1975-D", "1975-S"
    Kennedys: "1963", "1963-D", "1975", "1975-D", "1975-S"
    Eisenhowers: "1975", "1975-D", "1975-S"

• Options
    edited January 4, 2020 12:37PM

Daniel,

If I didn't own any of these 9+ years old 1964D Peace I would be all for NEW & IMPROVED 1964D High Relief die struck Dollars !

After some additional time, Dan I have warmed up to needing to add your 2020 improved upon issue to what already I have. I just looked at my made in 2010 vintage 1964D Peace Dollars and it makes me quite sad to consider cashing out of them. I have enjoyed them over the years & I am certain they will ALL play well together !

;^)

NOW I think It would be AWESOME to acquire accurate details High Relief 1964D PEACE !!!

DO it !!! Please ???

I vote ((((((YES)))))))

Happy 2020 !!!

Lindy

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on board with a new/improved 64 Peace.

For the record: I own the matte, proof, and the die pair 5 and 6 uncirculated versions of the 1964-D Peace.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 4:32PM

I sold all my 1964-D Peace Dollars years ago,,,,,, I say strike the new versions so I can replace them. :)

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Punch them out!!!!

• Options

Tres Hombres.... B)

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2020 8:48AM

@Bullsitter said:
    Tres Hombres.... B)

Dang Chief that 2016 Antique Wizard would be perfect to CRACK OUT ;) and let Dan punch 🥊 In his Open 🏡 House Apollo 11 die into the Wizard coin! :o

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you haven't visited Dan's main page lately - there are only 2 items shown. The lowest in stock I've ever seen.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I vote for a re-issue of the 1920 Pilgrim Half Dollar, dated 2020, of course.

It is a nice design and the Mint did not get any Congressional authorization to issue any commems this year for the 400th anniversary of the landing of the Mayflower at Plymouth.

• Options

with Dan Carr reproducing what ever he feels like cause he can make it better i would suggest selling your coins before value drops to melt

• Options

sell it now before it is at melt value !

• Options

i have coins worth at 450 that are melt value be cause his ego can make them better

• Options

@1940coupe said:
    i have coins worth at 450 that are melt value be cause his ego can make them better

No worries, I'll happily pay you 2x melt!! :)

No reports yet from the big MM Open House??

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@1940coupe said:

PM sent

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@Akbeez said:

@1940coupe said:

All the reports are on the Knights of the Coin Table site.
    You need to be a member to log in.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@Kudbegud said:
    In case you haven't visited Dan's main page lately - there are only 2 items shown. The lowest in stock I've ever seen.

I've been working on dies for new products, as well as upgrading the bead-blast cabinet and other equipment at my workshop. I'll have several new products listed some time in the near future, although I don't yet know exactly when- I just have to keep working until I am satisfied with the dies (however long that takes).

It has been demonstrated that many of us like mint errors. At one Summer Seminar I that the folks striking the souvenir token make a batch of different minting errors for my teaching set - much cheaper than buying US Mint errors that show the same thing. So I have a suggestion that Mr. Carr also consider making such interesting pieces.

The only way I can see it being fair - yet making him a ton of money w/o killing the market or the desire to own these pieces is to have them available FOREVER (until the dies break) a few times a year (like now with your inventory low) at a fixed issue price. So a double-struck 2020 Peace dollar will cost $$$ today and $$$ in the future when purchased from a batch several years later. Folks could request an error piece that matches a sold-out regular issue already in their collection. These issues would only be issued during a "window" of time once or more each year. Think of it folks and lobby Dan for off-centers, clips, mules, struck thru's, etc.

PS Dan, you could do this with no need for new dies before the Chinese fill the demand.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of sample errors, but I'd go a step further. I'd suggest a newly designed token available in a set showing a properly struck one along with various errors. It would be great for those learning about various error types.

• Options

That bottom tray looks like the big 'uns....wooo woooo Witchy Woman..... B)

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    That bottom tray looks like the big 'uns....wooo woooo Witchy Woman..... B)

I'm like Al Bundy I like "big'uns" too

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file