Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020 4:38PM

Brass, o/s, blank.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

@darth_morgan said:
    Anyone know where I could purchase one of the witches?

I have seen a few on ebay...at greatly inflated prices of course.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Those 2006 Denver Mint medals are the first items I bought from Dan, and right around the time I started coin collecting. (The exact thing that got me started was a USA Today article on the new $800 gold nickels. I thought spending that much on a gold tribute coin was actually a terrific idea.)

Did we ever figure out what plastic capsule holds those 3-oz unions?

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 2:29AM

Woooooo Hooooooo NEW STUFF UP ... :) …..3 PAGES !!!!

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2020 2:22AM

There's a ton of stuff!

Awesome! Way to go Dan!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    There's a ton of stuff!

Awesome! Way to go Dan!

I agree. My wallet is crying but my face is grinning.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

-1792 silver center cent
    -1920 Peace, Broken Arrow
    -1964-D Peace, DP9
    -2019-D $500 CG gold

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 9:41AM

1792 Chain Cent w/plug
    1964-D Peace HG
    1970-D Peace HG
    1920-D Morgan HG
    1920-D Morgan Circulated
    1995 Morgan Circulated (only 4 made)
    2020 CG Octagon Owl
    1870-2020 CC Brass Medal

Order # 15XXX...…. B)

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just 3 for me
    1792 Chain Cent w/plug
    2020 CG Owl
    large format winged liberty

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Dan, I noticed that some of the "circulated" Peace Dollars are "out of stock".
    Will you be making more of them?

Very nice selections by the way.

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this thread kicked up to the top earlier, and knew right away something might be worth checking...

Picked up the 2020 CG Owl, and the large format winged liberty...for now! Thanks Dan!

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Payday is close!

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received these today from a helpful forum member! Excited to add them to my KOTCT collection!

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 5:02PM

Do you like detailed coins....I do... B)

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nooooo nooooo nooooo Dan NOT MORE COINS! I didn’t see that one coming! :o

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

Very cool. Do you have more information about it?

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 9:08AM

@Kudbegud said:

@Bullsitter said:

Very cool. Do you have more information about it?

I do not. I just know what's on the medal.
    I do know that Ben, Adam, Hoss, Little Joe and Hop-Sing traveled those parts often... B)

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a 1964 Peace, 2020 Octagon, and plugged chain cent. Wanted more, but was able to contain myself (this time!).

• Options
    WDHWDH Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

1920 D Morgan
    1920 Peace
    1964 D Peace
    1970 D Peace
    All are High Grade version.

• Options
    darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭

I got the circulated/antiqued 1931-S Peace dollar. Can’t wait to get that under the Canon.....

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• Options

@darth_morgan said:
    I got the circulated/antiqued 1931-S Peace dollar. Can’t wait to get that under the Canon.....

Only 8 of those were made.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@darth_morgan said:

Wow! I had the 1995 Circulated Morgan in my cart this morning, but I took it out. :-( Boy, that was a mistake. Still, I’d rather it be a 1905 or something. I just prefer the nonexistent, period dates.

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• Options

@darth_morgan said:

@Bullsitter said:

@darth_morgan said:

Wow! I had the 1995 Circulated Morgan in my cart this morning, but I took it out. :-( Boy, that was a mistake. Still, I’d rather it be a 1905 or something. I just prefer the nonexistent, period dates.

So I am going to go out on a guess here but many of the coins on page 2 are sold out. My guess is Dan will have some more available soon. Just guess Dan can clarify later.

• Options

I sure hope the FINE FOLKS @ ANACS have a Spring Special for Medals, Tokens and O/S Dollars...... B)

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will probably generate more of the "circulated" versions of the over-strikes once I ramp up production of the new products. But availability will be spotty. There will not be any more of the "1931-S" Peace or "1995" Morgan over-strikes, however, since those are not new products.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1995 Morgan is the 100th anniversary fantasy of The King Year of the Morgan $

When first offered I had to take a 2nd look, to better comprehend the coolness of Daniel's 1995 $ fantasy issue.

At some point I'd like to see this 1995 $ struck in Proof Like also.

AND, while I am shopping for some non existent Carr fantasies:

1964 D $ .30 Dies in High Relief

and

1964 D $ .30 Dies in High Relief struck in Proof Like too, please ????

Lindy

@darth_morgan said:

@Bullsitter said:

@darth_morgan said:

• Options

Anyone know the mintage of the 2020 octagonal owl? I can’t find it in the online catalog.

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 3:20PM

@darth_morgan said:
    Anyone know the mintage of the 2020 octagonal owl? I can’t find it in the online catalog.

Right now, the mintage stands at zero.
    I haven't minted any or made blanks for them yet.
    But the dies are engraved.

This page has the mintage stats for them (and prior years):
    moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_gold_list.htm
    (See footnote 3 in the 2020 section at the top of the page).
    The 2020 version has the Assay Office Eagle on the obverse and the Owl reverse.

• Options

Thank you for the information, @dcarr. ;)

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 6:24PM

I don’t know which Peace Dollar to Order, any suggestions from the group? I am pretty sure I do not have the 1964 but I probably have 10 or more of the past Peace dollars Dan has offered in the past. :|

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    I don’t know which Peace Dollar to Order, any suggestions from the group? I am pretty sure I do not have the 1964 but I probably have 10 or more of the past Peace dollars Dan has offered in the past. :|

When in doubt, do as I do.....

• Options

@Gluggo said:

I like the history behind the 1964 and 1970s so they are on the top of my list!

Of course, if you want to overstrike a piece in 2020, you may need a 1920 ;)

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

Dan has a Brass and Silver ones up for sale if you hadn't seen them yet.

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 8:27PM

Thank you I am getting closer :*

I might even pick up a couple of 64’s only to OVERSTRIKE ONE OF THEM WITH 2020 Denver Mint DIES! B)
    I wonder what it WOULD LOOK LIKE? :*

I just have to be able to fly down there to visit with Dan!

That was a High Relief Peace Dollar I DESTROYED!!!! :D But it really turned out good ! Thanks to Dan’s majic. He mentioned that due to the High Relief it really did well on the Overstrike!

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering, how many Peace Dollars could Dan sell it they had a CC mint mark, these are fantasies so why not?

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2020 10:33PM

Or maybe I might want to buy a Morgan Dollar and Overstrike it like I did this one. Not knowing it was desirable. Silly me! o:)

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK @Gluggo -- we just might have to BAN you from posting any more. Sensory overload is becoming repeatedly critical...critical...crita

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like many of the new offerings but am not crazy about the Ike reverse Peace dollars, left them alone and so also the 1964. I do like the 1920 and 1970, very nice and had to spring for the 1/4 gold.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the 1964-D Peace Dollar was going to be High Relief. The one currently being offered is described as medium relief,,,,,,, do I detect another 1964-D Peace Dollar coming soon?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2020 12:22AM

@GRANDAM said:
    I thought the 1964-D Peace Dollar was going to be High Relief. The one currently being offered is described as medium relief,,,,,,, do I detect another 1964-D Peace Dollar coming soon?

No, I'm not planning any other "1964" versions or dies, unless Die Pair 9 fails in some way. And in the unlikely event that Die Pair 9 doesn't work out then I'll just make an identical replacement to finish out the run.

Here are some excerpts from my web page:

The quality of the engraving of Die Pair 8 was not fully satisfactory, and this die pair also had excessive bead-blasting which diminished the clarity of the over-strikes. .... Die pair 8 is low relief (about 0.015") on both sides.

Die Pair 9 was created to correct the deficiencies of Die Pair 8. Original Peace Dollars of 1921 have a high relief obverse (about 0.030") and a low relief reverse (about 0.015"). Except for a few prototype Peace Dollars of 1922, all others from 1922-1935 have low relief (about 0.015") on both sides. Die pair 9 over-strikes have medium relief (about 0.020") on both sides. This provides better sculptural clarity without being obviously higher than normal.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you struck up some 64-D’s in gold in the middle of the night I could keep a secret

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    If you struck up some 64-D’s in gold in the middle of the night I could keep a secret

m

I tried to Agree, Like and LOL at the same time. It would only let me pick one.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

m

What about one that says TWENTY DOLLARS on it?

• Options

@Gluggo said:

I might even pick up a couple of 64’s only to OVERSTRIKE ONE OF THEM WITH 2020 Denver Mint DIES! B)

That was a High Relief Peace Dollar I DESTROYED!!!! :D But it really turned out good ! Thanks to Dan’s majic. He mentioned that due to the High Relief it really did well on the Overstrike!

TRUST with a V & TRUST with a U...pretty cool, like the stars.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2020 8:52AM

@Bullsitter said:

@Gluggo said:

TRUST with a V & TRUST with a U...pretty cool, like the stars.

That's almost perfectly positioned with the stars and astronaut on the high points of Liberty's head and not on the fields.

Thanks to Dan for the positioning and @Gluggo for the audacity to create a Carr on Carr piece!

I have a 1919 which would have been great for this but I forgot to bring it!

• Options

This 1919 Peace Dollar is one of a lot of 3 on ebay. I will be most pleased if the circulated/antiqued 1931-S I was able to get looks like this. :o

• Options

@darth_morgan said:
    This 1919 Peace Dollar is one of a lot of 3 on ebay. I will be most pleased if the circulated/antiqued 1931-S I was able to get looks like this. :o

The "circulated" "1931-S" Peace over-strikes do not have that vibrant coloration, sorry. The "1931-S" circulation was done using a different process that is not colorful, but more natural looking.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Dan for that explanation. Can you post a pic of what the 31-S Peace and 95 Morgan antiq/circs will look like? I too liked the 1919 circs.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@dcarr said:

@darth_morgan said:

The "circulated" "1931-S" Peace over-strikes do not have that vibrant coloration, sorry. The "1931-S" circulation was done using a different process that is not colorful, but more natural looking.

That's no problem at all. In fact, it will look more authentic like that. Honestly, I'll probably be even happier with the "natural" antique look. Thanks for letting me know!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file