Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 1:34PM

@darth_morgan said:
    My "1805" came in today, and its blue aura is mesmerizing. Another package containing two other @dcarr pieces also showed up. Stay tuned......

Wow! That is a beautiful looking coin! Congrats on picking it up!

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 5:22PM

Nice Bull! I see you got the colors showing! :p I like Darth’s set up in his photo’s I take it you did your own shots? Not to mention the DC Eisenhower’s I don’t believe I have ever seen them for sale. But them are nice thank you both for sharing.

In fact Dan really Out did him self on that witch trying to follow the swirling stars into the Abiss really got me hypnotized!

I want to share with you all my Copper overstrike 2019 Open House Apollo 11 Theme

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 5:51PM

Good Googly Goo Gluggo...What the hell is that???..... B)

Yep, DarthMorgan is very talented, has nice presentations.

I noticed that too Gluggo. Looks like the fumes from the Magic Pot get caught up in the Star Vortex.
    That was a great idea....try counting the stars.... :#

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 6:09PM

@Zoins said:

@darth_morgan said:
    My "1805" came in today, and its blue aura is mesmerizing. Another package containing two other @dcarr pieces also showed up. Stay tuned......

Wow! That is a beautiful looking coin! Congrats on picking it up!

I didn't realize that these were offered as toned?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2020 7:20PM

So here are some medals I picked up at the local coin shop while visiting the Moonlight Mint in Loveland Colorado.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

That is a very interesting display. Will you tell us a little about it please? It looks like a drawer type system. Very cool.

@Kudbegud
    Lighthouse Coin Drawer for 2.5x2.5 Holders
    https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/lighthouse-coin-drawer-for-2.5x2.5-holders.html
    Small Beechwood Easel from hobby lobby

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

I just scanned this with my Epson V330 scanner
    that I've had for years.

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter your pictures are just off the charts! Beautiful medals and your scans certainly do them justice.

• Options
    edited January 25, 2020 8:14PM

Daniel Carr Open House 2020

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 8:23PM

Thanks @Twobitcollector - I'm definitely going to check those out. These could be storage and display of many of my Carr creations.

My KotCT medals were delivered, like I usually say, by a uniformed employee of a quasi government organization. Just about to open the box.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2020 4:00AM

I like it bull! Superglued hahaha :p

• Options
    edited February 13, 2020 11:01AM

Here is my one and only.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@darth_morgan said:
    Ok, so here are the other two Carr items I received on Friday. Thanks to @RichieURich for the opportunity to purchase these.

A tale of two Ikes: 1970 in CuNi clad and 1975 in silver. I already have the 1970 in silver and the 1975 in CuNi clad, so now I have both metal versions for each fantasy date. I love these things. Since I'm new here, I'll show all four Ikes plus two 1964-D Morgans as well. I have yet to purchase a medal, but I'm hoping for one of those witches. :)

Excellent images !

One minor correction. The "population" of the "1964-D" Morgan over-strike with brilliant satin finish was not "1,964". It was 1,003 (with an additional quantity of proof-like, matte, and cancelled-die over-strikes). All the production details are here: moonlightmint.com/blog_18.htm

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

The package from Dan was opened after a long self tease. All were perfect, Such nice work by him for KotCT. Thank you Dan.

• Options
    darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020 7:48AM

Thank you, @dcarr for the compliment and for the clarification on the mintage of the 64-D satin finish Morgan. I appreciate it! ;) I will get this corrected on my image.

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice TBC! I would like to get ahold of one of those!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    in today's mail

I just picked up one of those in the BST as well! Is that where you got yours?

• Options

Must of been purchased from someone who had if for a while cause I do not remember seeing the 1861 for sale but then with my Dimensia it could of been right in front of me and I would of missed it! Tobit where did you get that one if you dont mind? TYIA

• Options

in today's mail > @jwitten said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    in today's mail

I just picked up one of those in the BST as well! Is that where you got yours?

@jwitten
    Yes if I knew he had 3 I would have ordered all 3.
    Looks like you, Bullsitter and I were able to get 1. We were lucky

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 10:58AM

Oh yeah...and I mean Oh yeah.... B)….toning is just like I like it, has a little blue starting up.

• Options

Thats pretty Bull!

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020 4:26PM

A forum member has one of these. Mintage? What's it worth on the secondary market? Is it the size of a $20?

• Options

LOL, just bought one on Ebay. Thanks

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    A forum member has one of these. Mintage? What's it worth on the secondary market? Is it the size of a $20?

>

Sorry been extreemly busy at work just now getting a chance to play but I got it about 10 days ago. I want to say about 32 mm or a bit larger or there abouts. I paid 60 bucks from bigpoppas. I have bought from him before and I have to say its actually quite impressive I am glad I got it.

• Options

I bought mine today (MS-69) because I saw yours and that of another member. Thanks.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 5:25PM

@Insider2 said:

Mintage 200, issue price $35, 39mm

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my Witches -- last as usual. As expected, there is a fair amount of variance in the toning/coloring of the antiqued pieces. I think I prefer the flatter antiquing used in previous issues, but these still have appeal. The brass antiqued pieces were my fav in this run.

The colored toned copper are a bit "bright", although I am growing more fond of the darker piece below.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course the PRIZE pieces are the 50mm silvers. Spectacular! Frankly I was surprised at the heft and size when I pulled the first piece from the packaging -- even tho I have the 3 oz Unions too. The holograms were a nice addition.
    Everyone has seen these now, but here are a few different perspectives:

THANKS TO MR. DAN for another amazing production run!! :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

I have the two 2006 Denver Mint Centennial tokens, brass, I don't know what they are worth. I want to keep one and would trade the other for one of the Morgan overstrikes, ore one of the ASE with the Walker Eagle reverse. I'm not sure what Dan has right now. If someone else is interested drop me a PM l, we should be able to figure something out.

@dcarr let me know if you want to get one back in trade. Off now to check his web site..

Tim

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options

Seems to happen every time, went to Dan's website, Everything is Sold Out.
    Anything else coming out soon in the way of Silver Dollar or ASE overstrikes, maybe you can find something to overstrike the Silver Liberty medals the mint put out this past year, maybe a Super High Relief St Gaudens @2.5 ounce.

Hope Dan has some new strikes soon.

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    Anything else coming out soon in the way of Silver Dollar or ASE overstrikes, maybe you can find something to overstrike the Silver Liberty medals the mint put out this past year, maybe a Super High Relief St Gaudens @2.5 ounce.

He has a lot in the works so stay vigilant!

• Options
    edited January 29, 2020 9:16AM

@Texast said:

I just checked nothing new make sure you post back here when Dan does have new coins/medals for sale please. :)

Waiting on Chief to post a few pictures of his new DC coins from Rich. :p

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@Texast said:

I just checked nothing new make sure you post back here when Dan does have new coins/medals for sale please. :)

Here are the three I got and was lucky to get any of them.

• Options

Nice Chief! Thank you

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@Gluggo said:

@Texast said:

Here are the three I got and was lucky to get any of them.

I like the 1907 and the gold piece, any chance your looking to trade?

If I didn't ask I would have regretted not doing so...

TexasT

• Options

These are keepers, but thanks for the offer.
    And I wish it was gold, it's brass.

Dan did make some gold ones though. I remember seeing them when they were offered, they were cool.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful in gold. I had mine struck over an 1859 S, and the .999 blank version

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Beautiful in gold. I had mine struck over an 1859 S, and the .999 blank version

Post some pictures!

• Options

Will do, gotta get home from the JOB. These, along with the Oregon Trail, are my favorite Danny items.

• Options
    darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could purchase one of the witches?

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• Options

OK, just for fun - and it is pretty easy IMO, which is which? Brass, overstrike, .999 blank?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file