Home Sports Talk

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 17, 2019 9:13AM in Sports Talk

OK...here we go. Thought I would start a thread so I would have a place to rant or complain or brag or whatever.

Without the 59 yard run by 26......the Giants have done squat!

Dak has a great game missing 1 thing...….the deep ball. He has to Nickel & Dime them down the field.

I would at this time like to thank the Packers for #18! B)

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

‘Boys are looking good Jon, I’m very happy to see them SMASH the Giants! 🍻

edited September 8, 2019 2:44PM

Amari Cooper has been HUGE for Dak, they should have a beast of a season

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be more optimistic and make it the 2019-2020 Cowboys discussion thread.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Be more optimistic and make it the 2019-2020 Cowboys discussion thread.

Good catch. I will fix that. :)

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

They look great Week 1, Prescott has been more accurate at mid level throws. Giants are not a real formidable opponent, but should know more over the next few weeks. I see them and Philly making the playoffs in the NFC. Wonder how long Jerry waits to get him a new contract?

Pat Shumer(sp) has to be the biggest idiot POS whiner in the NFL! WHAT AN IDOIT!!!

Anybody else besides me HATE the "Prevent" defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys tearing apart the pathetic Giants.

I hate it when Cowboys fans are happy. 😒

@stevek said:
    Cowboys tearing apart the pathetic Giants.

I hate it when Cowboys fans are happy. 😒

I love stomping a mudhole in the Giants almost as much as I do the Eaglett's. :)

Well, a GREAT week 1. Dak has a perfect QB rating of 158.3...…...Zeke has a good game and the GREATEST TE of all time Whitten got a TD on his comeback tour. All in all a pretty good day. Need to improve on Defense....gave up too many yards.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman- I believe Lamarr Jackson for Baltimore also had a perfect QB rating.
    Mahomes was close. 142 or something like that.

Congrats to the Cowboys, nice start beating a division rival.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Cowboys didn't impress me.

Not that hard to beat a Giants team that only lines up 1 player on offense, Barkley, while the Cowboys lined up 11 players on defense. All the Cowboys had to do was key in on Barkley snapping the ball to himself and running.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Giants secondary is horrific.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:
    The Giants secondary is horrific.

And Eli Manning has been playing just good enough to lose.

I didn't watch the game but I saw where the kid they drafted at QB got some snaps. He went 3 for 4, 17 yards in garbage time, but he fumbled and lost the football. Not a good beginning, but nothing at all to be concerned about right now. Most rookie QB's are overly nervous in their first NFL game.

@stevek said:
    Cowboys didn't impress me.

Not that hard to beat a Giants team that only lines up 1 player on offense, Barkley, while the Cowboys lined up 11 players on defense. All the Cowboys had to do was key in on Barkley snapping the ball to himself and running.

I suppose the Eaglett's did impress you. ;) The Giant's are as good as the Redskin's. B)

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm exited to have Cobb.
    He and Cooper are a great pair.
    Hopefully Dak looks as good all year as he did today. Much better field awareness.
    Great to gave Frederick back.
    I'm a huge Sean Lee fan. Stay healthy.
    Cool to see Witten chip in as well.
    I'm not much of a Zeke fan but he looked ready today and did well.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Cobb is a big upgrade over Beasley

@perkdog said:

I liked Beasley...…..I like Cobb a LOT!

Romo might be jealous, he never had this many receivers that were this good. Did Terrence Williams finally fade off into the sunset?

@perkdog said:
    Romo might be jealous, he never had this many receivers that were this good. Did Terrence Williams finally fade off into the sunset?

Paul...….I was having a great day until you said the "R" guy name!

Sorry Jon!!!

@perkdog said:
    Sorry Jon!!!

I'll let it go this time. ;)B)

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boys should handle the Skins and the Fish in the next 2 weeks.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Dak is going to have an incredible season since he wants to be in the cool club and get a 100+ Million Contract

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a huge Dak fan but he has handled his contract talks with class and showed he’s a true professional. Not too bad on the field today either.
    Side note: $50M in endorsements helps. 😉

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    edited September 9, 2019 5:41AM

@2dueces said:
    Not a huge Dak fan but he has handled his contract talks with class and showed he’s a true professional. Not too bad on the field today either.
    Side note: $50M in endorsements helps. 😉

Until they try to low ball him 🙄

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

I liked Beasley...…..I like Cobb a LOT!

Buffalo has never had a Beasley and sorely lacked that slot talent. He had a good game for Buffalo and you can see the connection with Allen. John Brown is a beast.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Yea, but just wait until Jerry Jones finds out that Dak has been fooling around with his wife.

Hey - we have to start a totally false rumor somewhere in the hopes that it spreads and causes the Cowboys to not focus on football and lose games, right? ;)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I predicted a great season for the Cowboys and I am not surprised by this. According to all reports, Dak improved a lot on footwork in the offseason.

He is still very inconsistent on those short passes. If that is corrected it would be huge. Anyway, he seemed to put it all together. Zeke looked good in limited action. Pollard did not look as good as he did in the preseason, imo.

I'll say again, I see the Cowboy winning the division with a possible bye week.

I been saying the Cowboys will win the division as long as they signed Zeke.

Well, another week and another win. Happy about that, but not happy with defense giving up 21 points.

Now when the Eaglett's lose tonight the Cowboys will be in sole possession of 1st in NFC East!

Rut Roh

edited September 18, 2019 5:31PM

Yea watch the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl this year and Jon won’t be filling this thread up with hilarious non sensical posts! 🤷‍♂️

Jon if your reading this, I hope you make your way back buddy 🍻

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Not an avid poster in this section of the forums, but what happened? I always thought Dimeman was entertaining to read at times...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

It was already announced by the moderator that Dimeman will be back on Monday.

Actually this is fun. I can now post anything i want about the stinkin' dirty rotten Dallas Cowboys, and Dimeman is helpless to immediately respond to it. 😉

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Tony Romo was much, much better than Troy Aikman.

I was thinking of spamming this thread with a ton of Romo pics but I'm too lazy. ;)

@stevek said:
    It was already announced by the moderator that Dimeman will be back on Monday.

Actually this is fun. I can now post anything i want about the stinkin' dirty rotten Dallas Cowboys, and Dimeman is helpless to immediately respond to it. 😉

Legit? He will be back? I hope your not joking about this being a time out!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i wonder if this timeout has ramped up the extracurricular activities with mrs. dime 😳

Optional of course, but Dimeman is quality.

I am sitting out until his return.

edited September 19, 2019 4:38AM

I am sitting out this thread until Dimeman returns.....

.....that is unless i can think of something else derogatory to say about the Dallas Cowboys. 😉

How can the Cowboys possibly lose at home this Sunday to the pitiful Dolphins?

But I'm hoping that Dimeman's absence here puts a jinx on the Cowboys to the extent that a miraculous loss happens to them.

BTW - I almost forgot to mention. If anyone is interested in Joining the Jerry Jones fan club, I've read where there are still a few limestone memberships still available. The mudstone and sandstone membership categories have already been filled.

Jon I will hold it down for ya till you get back, don’t worry buddy!! Cowboys will win the NFC East...

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    How can the Cowboys possibly lose at home this Sunday to the pitiful Dolphins?

But I'm hoping that Dimeman's absence here puts a jinx on the Cowboys to the extent that a miraculous loss happens to them.

fishies are going 0-16 this year

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao lets see someone top this! The article says it was Dak Prescott wearing a Thong versus the Redskins but he wears #4 and this guy looks like his number is in the 90's which would likely make him one of the defensive linemen.
    https://710keel.com/was-dak-prescott-wearing-a-thong-against-the-redskins/

Hey Dime,which one of your Boys was wearing unmentionables this past weekend? :p