Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019 10:56AM

Something New (I think)

Got the Visualping alert of a change on Dan's pages. See these which I don't remember seeing before:

They are available at $6 each which is crazy cheap.

• Options
    edited June 24, 2019 3:39PM

A new Visualping and the New York ICG slabbed quarters are gone.

But....

A 2011 1 oz Palladium makes an appearance.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw them earlier today, but didn't see how many were available. Looks like some general housecleaning at the MM with a 2011 1 oz palladium offered as well. POOF. Wasn't me. All the Unions are gone offsite too. Time to fire up the presses again!

Mail today brought a few more 1919 "Circulated" Hi-Relief Peace's. Two have a crazy red/pinkish cast over a light brown finish to them. I'll try to post some pics later.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019 4:19PM

Unusual appearance for sure on that 1919 circulation quality Peace Dollar...but I like it!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. I couldn’t find it.
    Well, this is a warning post!
    I go to the bank every few months to add or take out a few things.
    I forgot this brass $20 saint on top of the album books :o
    I have never seen brass turn so quickly. Looks like a sintered planchette ;)
    Or southern Cali had some nuclear fallout.

• Options

Nice run Chief! Interesting that the antiqued didn't make 70 -- were they submitted before 70s were attributed?

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    Thanks guys. I couldn’t find it.
    Well, this is a warning post!
    I go to the bank every few months to add or take out a few things.
    I forgot this brass $20 saint on top of the album books :o
    I have never seen brass turn so quickly. Looks like a sintered planchette ;)
    Or southern Cali had some nuclear fallout.

Was the reverse side touching the album?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

Looks like more than tarnish. The obv looks like it was in an acid bath - albeit differentially by location. Arms are mostly gone, but the stars are bright and clear...??

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Wayne, they were submitted after. I thought the 2017 would get a 70, it's really clean. The 2018 obverse had one small hit under the nose and the 2019 had a small hit on the reverse by the stars and I agree with those grades, very nice 69's.

Hey, maybe Dan has some new stuff coming soon. I check hourly.... B)

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    I check hourly.... B)

Me too! Nice return on those bad A#S Antique's!

• Options

@coinsarefun said:

@GRANDAM said:

>

Was the reverse side touching the album?

Yes, it was. I forgot to mention that.

How are your other coins?

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter, everything is fine. Albums, slabs, everything. When I first saw it on top I couldn’t figure out what it was because
    it’s very dark. I lightened the images up quite a bit.

• Options
    edited August 7, 2019 2:31PM

That reverse is pretty interesting.....

• Options

I like the astronaut coins. I have several of them.

• Options

NEW STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

New stuff up

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2019 3:31AM

1931-S Peace is already OUT OF STOCK ?

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

That's what I was wondering...so soon?

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder how many of the 1931-S Peace Dollars were struck ?

Dan Fan
  • Options

@Voyageur said:
    Wonder how many of the 1931-S Peace Dollars were struck ?

41 so far...………………………...

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that batch certainly went quick ! B)

Dan Fan
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up an 1805. This could be an interesting series of O/S if Dan goes down that path. Would be cool to see a 1799 Small Eagle reverse...

I'd be in for a '31-s peace...thinking might be a glitch in item listing?

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:

@Bullsitter said:

Oops - inventory error. I actually haven't sold a single one yet because I had set the initial available inventory at zero.
    Fixed now - thanks to the forum for pointing that out.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019 7:01AM

@dcarr said:

@PocketArt said:

@Bullsitter said:

Oops - inventory error. I actually haven't sold a single one yet because I had set the initial available inventory at zero.

1907 Caballito also shows "Out of stock".

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@dcarr said:

@PocketArt said:

@Bullsitter said:

1907 Caballito also shows "Out of stock".

Same issue. Fixed, thanks.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019 8:11AM

"1805" Draped Bust over-strike, Brilliant, host coin with no major damage
    Private over-strike on genuine 1798-1803 coin.

At least 1804 dollars aren't candidates ;)

Great coins Dan. Also love the Caballito and Peso!

• Options
    edited August 12, 2019 5:20PM

Thanks for the heads up @Bullsitter. Thanks for making these private minting pieces available @dcarr.

Dan, is the 1931-S over strike on a Morgan or Peace Dollar like the 1805 Draped Bust ?
    Never mind....I found it. Over struck on a Peace Dollar.

• Options

@dcarr said:

Dan, Please read my PM.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Dan, why 1931-S instead of 1931-D? Does "S" stand for "Sword"? Will there be a 1931-D too?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder how many 1805 overstrikes on genuine pieces there will be? I can't see many people wanting to change/alter an original one, and they are pricey too! May be a pretty low mintage.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019 6:44PM
  • Options

@jwitten said:
    Wonder how many 1805 overstrikes on genuine pieces there will be? I can't see many people wanting to change/alter an original one, and they are pricey too! May be a pretty low mintage.

Yeah, checked out recent Draped Bust dollar prices and unless it was a total dog, I'd keep mine (if I had one) intact. I wasn't familiar with the Caballito's or the Philippines pesos. But they look like nice pieces -- interesting that you can't order two, maybe keeping mintages very low? Pricey with original host coins used, makes sense. This will be a very interesting group.

And YES, thanks to @Bullsitter for sounding the alarm!!

• Options

Any guesses on how these will tone? :)

• Options

@zonnk
    Dan has a wide range of items to collect for almost any interest. Have fun adding to your nice display.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zonnk said:
    Hi, I am a new member and just started a small collection of DC coins. I just ordered some of the new ones from DC and looking forward to receiving them. Looks like I have 97 pages on here to catch up on!

Welcome!!

• Options

@AlexinPA said:

@crazyhounddog said:
    All I can say is WOW!!!!! This just came in the mail today and I must say it was well worth the wait.
    GORGEOUS

Nice pics!! YES, strike quality is AMAZING! Totally looking forward to the latest Draped Bust Dollars.

And @zonnk WELCOME to the D Carr Club! :)

• Options
    zonnkzonnk Posts: 15 ✭✭

Thanks for the warm welcome here!, I just received the 2009 Dan Carr Proofed Silver Eagle. Been hunting it down for a while. It is listed at Moonlight Mint with a mintage of 4,155. With that many minted I would think they would be easier to find. Anybody know the scoop on that? Will look great next to the new ones I just ordered.

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

I am not 100% sure but i think those were mostly sold by HSN and their buyers are not too internet savvy, so don't list many.

• Options

@zonnk I think the high demand was there since the USM didn't strike any proofs that year. Many sold commercially as Half said. Also most of them likely went into long term collections. FYI -- there are TWO varieties of these. Heraldic Eagle reverse (yours) and Weinman reverse with the eagle from walking liberty halves used. There were far fewer of those minted (634).

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    Any guesses on how these will tone? :)

Any way you want them to.

thefinn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file