Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set™ (19XB), Sold Out

Comments

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

To the flippers.. thing doesn't look to good since it hasn't sold out in half hour. :p

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Looked up my first order. 68083xx. Last order was 68227xx. Any before or after that?

Just ordered five on USM068297xx.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Order confirmed after I got the "Oops!" Screen at 12:04 order 6816*** , bad part for some reason my default shipping was set to budget ship. Can I change the shipping method on this order after the fact?

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    Order confirmed after I got the "Oops!" Screen at 12:04 order 6816*** , bad part for some reason my default shipping was set to budget ship. Can I change the shipping method on this order after the fact?

Probably, as long as it hasn't shipped. Call customer service on the phone.

• Options

@TurboSnail said:
    To the flippers.. thing doesn't look to good since it hasn't sold out in half hour. :p

That's really not the standard. Obviously, the quicker the sellout the better. But the site's been jammed, took me 8 minutes to get 3 orders rather than the usual 2-3 minutes. Any 1st day "unavailable" will make it flippable.

• Options
    tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

If you want the Canada version. A seller on ebay is selling them from the US for 194.00. Better hurry they are almost gone!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Pride-of-Two-Nations-Limited-Edition-Two-Coin-Set-Silver-Eagle-Maple-Leaf/123823203379?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Sooo using highest order number seen against lowest number I would guess over 21000 orders placed in the first 30 minutes. Now....how many were NOT for this set and those that were for the set how many per order....

• Options

If you want the Canada version. A seller on ebay is selling them from the US for 194.00

Don't see that the mentioned set is a CDN set...looks USA....and if it is opened country of origin can't be put on the slab label

• Options

Well he has a pic of the Canada version. 90% of the other ones do not mention from Canada. To me it looks like he ordered 5 sets from CA and now selling them. I sure hope its the case. Dont see why he would use a Canada photo if its a US version. Plenty of Pics to choose from (US) with very limited Canada ones. Hope you are wrong.

Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<Oddly, the order history goes offline EVERY time they have a hot release. Some kind of bug in their system.>>

On a good day, my order history only shows the Order #, date and $$$....but not the list of items contained within each order!

Anyone else have that bug in their account?

• Options

Looks like you could be right. Sent message stating if its US version I do not want it. He refunded my money. Feel bad for the other 4 buyers. Sold out like in 5 minutes.

Transactions..
  • Options

@tizofthe said:
    If you want the Canada version. A seller on eBay is selling them from the US for 194.00. Better hurry they are almost gone!

I saw a "Canadian Set" that was an accurate picture and listing in a popup ad for eBay with a $289.00 price, it came up while I was reading this post. Kinda freaky the technology that tracks that accurately.

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2019 12:58PM

@tizofthe said:
    Well he has a pic of the Canada version. 90% of the other ones do not mention from Canada. To me it looks like he ordered 5 sets from CA and now selling them. I sure hope its the case. Dont see why he would use a Canada photo if its a US version. Plenty of Pics to choose from (US) with very limited Canada ones. Hope you are wrong.

I could definitely be wrong BUT:
    (1) nowhere does it say it's a RCM set.
    2) HH limit for the RCM set was 2....and believe me I know how this can't be worked around but...it is still point two
    3) 98% of the other sets are NOT from Canada thus no mention
    4) opened box set coins are interchangeable with the US sets and will not be country set ID on the Label if graded
    5)seller does not take returns"....bogus I know but worth a mention

Again, I definitely could be wrong but I see no recourse for a return....probably needed a email confirm as to which set it is

I only could find one RCM set listed for sale on the US and CA Ebay site and that one at just under $300. All the other sets are US sets

EDIT: took me too long to type this post...didn't catch your response during that time.....glad you got it straightened out

• Options

Checking eBay there are a lot of "Sharks" in the water for NGC 70 Sets, one listing for FDI @ $1195.00, Early Release with certificate numbers @$649.00. Sorry, no link for these, I think it's unreal what some people will pay for sets like this, and someone will, I hate the thought of what some poor Senior will pay when the "TV" shows tell them that this is a must have item. I have to wonder how the guy can sleep at night knowing the lie's he has told over the years over and over.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Any recent order numbers?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heck “the twins “ only wanted 300 maybe 400 slabbed 70. Out the door 🙀jzyskowski

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Coin crewCoin crew Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited July 3, 2019 11:21AM

Super > @Weather11am said:

Any recent order numbers?

Order Number: USM06837*** 2:16 et

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got confirmation my CDN set shipped. I also got my order confirmation for my US set.

Now it's a race. Customs versus Smartpost. HAhahahahaha...

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Just got confirmation my CDN set shipped. I also got my order confirmation for my US set.

Now it's a race. Customs versus Smartpost. HAhahahahaha...

My money is on international delivery with a stop in customs beating Smartpost.

• Options

MCM...$495 NGC 70 sets ER/FR

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 1:01PM

Hey only 329.00 in grade-OF-69!🙀😈jzyskowski MCM

• Options

MCM are opened sets so no country of origin noted

• Options

Ampex is now offering Canadian sets at 199.99. Says 3 left

Transactions..
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2019 1:06PM

Geez what do you want for $500.00?🙀😈jzyskowski 😂

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 1:18PM

...and they won't be slabbed as such 'cuz they are in an opened box.....so no difference other than the packaging

edit: but the RCM PCGS FDI 70' s are $329.99...big drop from the $999.99 the other day

86 available

Edit...kinda makes you wonder how many "friends" APMEX has when just the PCGS 70' s have 86 left assuming zero previous sales...and 99 of the FS 70's AND they have 94 of the RCM raw sets left ..not 3

HH limit was..ummm..two

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

No prob in & out w/ 2 orders in the last 20 mins.

USM06841***

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

So I get this straight. If purchased though 3rd party seller like Apmex, MCM etc. Because they sell via open box it will grade just like the US version (no designation). The only difference at this point is the color of the box.
    Doesn't seem like paying the extra 80+ or or so is worth it.

Transactions..
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:02PM

Unopened USA boxes get the USA designation

Unopened RCM boxes get the CDN designation ....sets are numbered but only on the COA

Opened boxes get the set designation etc....

This is from ATS. I haven't seen anything posted from our sponser

I can't understand why APMEX has the 70 sets from both countries at the same price.....

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:12PM

@BigA said:
    Unopened USA boxes get the USA designation

Unopened RCM boxes get the CDN designation ....sets are numbered but only on the COA

Opened boxes get the set designation etc....

This is from ATS. I haven't seen anything posted from our sponser

I can't understand why APMEX has the 70 sets from both countries at the same price.....

Easy. Apmex will get the returned Canadian mint packages from the grading companies and fill in the holes with 68s and US release.

@tizofthe said:
    So I get this straight. If purchased though 3rd party seller like Apmex, MCM etc. Because they sell via open box it will grade just like the US version (no designation). The only difference at this point is the color of the box.
    Doesn't seem like paying the extra 80+ or or so is worth it.

You will pay $80 only for a returned box that will be fill will us release or defect.

• Options

So if purchased from the big boys. It will NOT get the BIG "CDN designation" because they are selling from an open bulk box order. Sounds like the "designation" either makes this worth more than the US version as it specifies its one of the 10K sold from CAD.

Transactions..
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:18PM

Easy. Apmex will get the returned Canadian mint packages from the grading companies and fill in the holes with 68s and US release.

Well that makes zero sense since the comment referred to 70 graded coins not raw coins..10k vs. 100k

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:23PM

@tizofthe said:
    So if purchased from the big boys. It will NOT get the BIG "CDN designation" because they are selling from an open bulk box order. Sounds like the "designation" either makes this worth more than the US version as it specifies its one of the 10K sold from CAD.

Exactly....

I think the RCM FS 70's are decent at $279 and definitely a better prop than the US 70's at the same price. I DO think the US 70's are appropriately priced but not the RCM's

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:22PM

@BigA said:

Well that makes zero sense since the comment referred to 70 graded coins not raw coins..10k vs. 100k

If the coins were raw, they would be rejects. If the coins were slabs, it won't have the CDN destination. It would be regular that comes with CDN package and coa.

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:28PM

Ummm...they are 70's and do have appropriate designations....no if's involved...not raw, Step back and reset....READ THE POST

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Five on the run.

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

@BigA said:

If the coins were raw, they would be rejects. If the coins were slabs, it won't have the CDN destination. It would be regular that comes with CDN package and coa.

A small amount of research will show that APMEX is an "official" dealer of the RCM, which means they probably got sets direct from the RCM.

APMEX must have submitted their sets to get the CDN pedigree.

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 2:43PM

Gone to backorder status with an August 6th sipping date..edit: not "sipping" that's today...but shipping

• Options

Bullion Exchages just dropped an email ad with all kind of offering 69 -70. Various slab looks 🙀jzyskowski

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2019 2:39PM

The US set is now listed as a Back Order option from the US Mint.

• Options

Exactly but it's kinda skewed if the "official dealer" sucks up sets and submits rather than selling the raw set like an "official" dealer

• Options

@BigA said:

Exactly but it's kinda skewed if the "official dealer" sucks up sets and submits rather than selling the raw set like an "official" dealer

Well, again, I've tried to find out what exactly are the requirements and regulations to be an "official" dealer for the RCM, but there isn't much info out there.

I suspect it lies along the lines of being a "bulk" buyer from the US Mint, which means they can do anything they want with the sets after purchase.

If someone knows, please let us know. Or at least PM me if you want anonymity.

• Options

@WWW said:
    The US set is now listed as a Back Order option from the US Mint.

With an Aug 6 promised ship date. (Which is usually pessimistic.)

• Options

@BigA said:
    Ummm...they are 70's and do have appropriate designations....no if's involved...not raw, Step back and reset....READ THE POST

My apology to everyone. I was under wrong assumption and did not visit Apmex page.

• Options

What is up with the Mint? Are they going to repeat the 5 oz Apollo again?

• Options

Order Shipped from The US mint.....

• Options

Mine also shows shipped along with tracking number,
    Ordered at 12:04 Order #6816xxx

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine shipped, too.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am shocked and disappointed with the feeding frenzy over a couple of ounces of silver.

Should I ever "want" one of these, I will wait a few years when the shine has worn off and buy at a few bucks over melt.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

@BigA said:
    What is up with the Mint? Are they going to repeat the 5 oz Apollo again?

How do you know it isn't the RCM?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file