Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Rocketship! (19XGC) (Sold Out..,.)

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    @Hemispherical has upgraded to a more expensive, over budget, THREE DOLLAR ROCKET!~

Household 6 has commandeered the rocket. I just realized there are four women (two are real) riding in the “upgraded” space rocket and this is Women’s History month. :)

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2019 4:29AM

According to some sort of mix up at the Mint, this Set is no longer available. If it's still not available next month, I might start believing.

Were these things available for $.01 recently ? With no household limit?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe they made 20,000 holders ahead of time and did not want to be stuck with a bunch of them until they were sure the first batch would sell? March 3, 2019 sales were 17,825, so I could imagine the total hit 20,000 sold after this past weekend.

Or on second thought maybe Wondercoin bought the rest to get that MS69 Kennedy he is looking for ;)
    Registry set fever can be contagious and incurable.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

What sort of mix up ?

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strange....I'm surprised that the "back-order" status is not in place instead of the "currently unavailable"

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Inquiring minds want to know......

• Options
    edited March 11, 2019 5:47AM

Initial Inventory: 50,000
    Sales: 17,825

Leaves: 32,175

Total to buy out @ 9.95: 320,141.75

Drop in the bucket for some.

Maybe someone “found” something unique?

Maybe the Mint really pushed some good advertising and the word got out and now there are 50,000 YNs in the making.

@BackroadJunkie Anyone hear from BJ? Usually he would be all over this. Hope all is well.

• Options

Initial Inventory:Sales: 17,825

@OPA said:
    Strange....I'm surprised that the "back-order" status is not in place instead of the "currently unavailable"

Means you can do the AM ordering trick, maybe. B)

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great....hope that means there is some demand for my 600 :smile:

• Options

Well I miscounted the number of in-laws I have... I need one more.

I will make a rocketship (trace the modified one) from cardboard (the shipping box they came will work) paint it a neon color, and put the three coins on it. Won’t know the difference. :D

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    According to some sort of mix up at the Mint, this Set is no longer available. If it's still not available next month, I might start believing.

Were these things available for $.01 recently ? With no household limit?

That is the 2019 Mint set with the 2019-W cent. The rocketship had PL of 50,000.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mas3387 said:
    Just walked out of the Philly mint with all they had on hand..

That's alright we didn't need new people in the hobby anyways. Best to just look out for yourself.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options

@jclovescoins said:
    Great....hope that means there is some demand for my 600 :smile:

600 ! ?

Surely you jest ?

I just hope there`s some demand for the 2 Sets I compulsivly ordered. I don't want them .

Maybe it's time to seek out US Mint Anonymous ?

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@Clio said:

@mas3387 said:
    Just walked out of the Philly mint with all they had on hand..

That's alright we didn't need new people in the hobby anyways. Best to just look out for yourself.

Just your 2c... Thank you

Available for pleanty of time with "NO" household limit

• Options
    edited March 11, 2019 7:43AM

With luck maybe the Apollo 11 Anniversary on July 20 will be of I terest to the General Population. If I can find anyone that will see the Coin Sets as more than just pocket change , I'll gladly give them away. But it has to be Kids under about maybe what - 11 , maybe 12 ?

Certainly anyone over a certain age wouldn't be able to appreciate a glowing cardboard Rocket and some chump change.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering why they were selling so fast last night...

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2019 11:35AM

@OPA said:

Currently Unavailable Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!! Izzy my 5 Year Old Granddaughter Texted me last night she wants a few more. Now what will I do? :(:(:( These are for children!!!! ( Just Kidding ) :D

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold all I had listed this morning on eBay -- should have figured something was up. My guess is they are a bit behind in assembly. TBC'd...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what is the consensus on the surface of the half?
    Same finish as normal mint issue or;
    “Special “ “enhanced” “Proof like”
    “Sms” ????

• Options
    edited March 12, 2019 3:54AM

Willing to sell 100 for $1775 (minus fees). :smile:

• Options

My guess is that Kennedy fever has kicked since this had a defined mintage of 50k.

Could also be the Sac because of the Apollo theme.

Will stick with the Kennedy I pulled from this... Trying to convince the wife I need to “upgrade” the Sac, too.

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I recall with the Kennedy half set that a few posters were talking about orders being opened up, briefly, in the early morning. How does one get notification from the Mint for these opportunities? (I had text alerts set for that one, and I didn’t get the memo.)

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2019 12:39PM

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    “Sms” ????

It's been debunked as far as a "special" strike by many including NGC, but their quality is superior with PL fields. It is the first unc half released this year so it will be interesting when the Unc Mint Sets come out with a quality comparison.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@planetsteve said:
    I recall with the Kennedy half set that a few posters were talking about orders being opened up, briefly, in the early morning. How does one get notification from the Mint for these opportunities? (I had text alerts set for that one, and I didn’t get the memo.)

Click on the remind me button and enter your email. Generally, if it’s a “hot” item by the time you get the email it’ll be unavailable again.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/rocketship-2019-19XGC.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@planetsteve said:

Are you talking about the 7:30 sales?

These are "stealth" sales. They're never announced, and are only made available for sets that were cancelled because of CC problems and the like.

It's like, you just gotta know, son. :wink:

• Options

@Akbeez said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    “Sms” ????

It's been debunked as far as a "special" strike by many including NGC, but their quality is superior with PL fields. It is the first unc half released this year so it will be interesting when the Unc Mint Sets come out with a quality comparison.

May 1 for the business strikes, May 14 for the uncirculated set.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not collect Kennedy clads. Does PCGS even grade the business strikes as MS66PL's for example?

I see in the pops and price guide PL and DMPL for silver coins or SP coins and I do collect those, but I didn't notice PL's listed for MS business strikes?

Just curious as I really don't know, but maybe that is part of the speculation?

My two rocket ship Kennedy coins do look PL. However with a magnifying glass I see a lot of small sideways hits in the hair, a few small ones on the neck and cheek, and some tiny dings on the shield on the reverse.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

Darned if the Kennedy doesn't look proof-like, though. Very reflective surfaces...

Spot on, my examples are PL as well.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2019 2:20PM

It is my understanding that, currently, our host does not designate PL except for Morgans.

https://www.pcgs.com/grades/

• Options

I think NGC should slab the entire Rocket ship like they slab gsa soft packs

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pcgs will likely designate these particular Kennedy coins as PL where appropriate. Expect that to happen. There is a new Sheriff in town. Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@wondercoin said:
    Pcgs will likely designate these particular Kennedy coins as PL where appropriate. Expect that to happen. There is a new Sheriff in town. Wondercoin.

Awesome! This is a good change.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 12:25AM

So would it be worth the money to send in the Kennedy half dollar in hopes of getting a 70PL Proof Like designation? How much would it bring up the value of the One coin?

I am not really a Kennedy Half collector. I might have about a half dozen of them but only 4 70s and those are on the Apollo 11 half set. No proof designation on those. I should take a good photo of the 2 for comparison in a side by side shot. Only about 2.5 weeks left before the First Strike time line is up on opened boxes from the Mint.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is PL eligible I will send mine in. Unless they are under $30 in high grade Pcgs. Nickels and Half dollars are my favorites, and this half might go nicely in my half type set.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    So would it be worth the money to send in the Kennedy half dollar in hopes of getting a 70PL Proof Like designation? How much would it bring up the value of the One coin?

I am not really a Kennedy Half collector. I might have about a half dozen of them but only 4 70s and those are on the Apollo 11 half set. No proof designation on those. I should take a good photo of the 2 for comparison in a side by side shot. Only about 2.5 weeks left before the First Strike time line is up on opened boxes from the Mint.

I plan on sending the cents in and I have acccumulated a few other coins that need to be slabbed so it will reduce the per coin costs. Also do not forget this quarters special with our host.

Presidents Quarterly Special – Submit four, only pay for three!

https://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial

• Options

They're up for sale. I just grabbed a few...

• Options

@Gluggo said:

I think it’s highly unlikely you get a 70 on these. You’ll be lucky to get a 68.

Also, they’re back in stock. Just ordered a bunch.

• Options

@wondercoin said:

I have 8 in for grading that I sent last week. I did not mark these as rocket ship coins (not interested in sending the sacs for the designation).

Will update whenever grades pop.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    They're up for sale. I just grabbed a few...

They're gone. But they were there! (I grabbed two orders of five...)

• Options

Great, so they are actually sold out then? 🧐

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI A few were available this AM for about 1 minute.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Yes, added more to my pile this morning

• Options
    edited March 12, 2019 4:48AM

I got in 3 more orders of 1. All mine are singles ( don't think the mail carrier was too happy with me). Free shipping the rest of the year, why not?

• Options
    edited March 12, 2019 4:52AM

@jclovescoins said:

Not necessarily but probably close. Could be more 7:30ct sales. If the issue was production they would probably be back ordered like the pucks.
    Oops meant 6:30ct. I just ordered you'd think I'd get that right.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

There should be a few that pops up at this time for the next few days.

Set an alarm and be ready with your 3 digit code... :smile:

• Options

0730 Eastern time is the key.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file