Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Rocketship! (19XGC) (Sold Out..,.)

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jabba said:
    I just can’t decide if it’s worth submitting and hope for good grades or just flip them. It’s just so much money to grade them and if you don’t get 70s then you can’t make that money back
    What you guys going to do?

You won't get 70s. That is not the hurdle for a business strike D-mint Kennedy

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 6:27PM

@jabba said:
    I just can’t decide if it’s worth submitting and hope for good grades or just flip them. It’s just so much money to grade them and if you don’t get 70s then you can’t make that money back

I instructed PCGS to not grade it if it does not grade 69 or 70. ( Of course I am praying for 70) I looked at them under special magnification with a bright full circular specturm bulb around the 3 Diopter glass lens. They look good but I had to go through alot to find these 2. I am only sending in 2 sets total cost is $168.00 for First Strike with hoping for PL status. Remind me not to buy these Business Strikes again. o:)

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

I instructed PCGS to not grade it if it does not grade 69 or 70. ( Of course I am praying for 70) I looked at them under special magnification with a bright full circular specturm bulb around the 3 Diopter glass lens. They look good but I had to go through alot to find these 2. I am only sending in 2 sets total cost is $168.00 for First Strike with hoping for PL status. Remind me not to buy these Business Strikes again. o:)

Have you got pictures?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other options to reduce price per coin:

Quarterly special.

Have any other coins that you want slabbed, throw them in the submisson.

• Options

smokincoin, I just packed the 2 sets into the box. What pictures did you want to see? :)

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops -- @Gluggo as has been mentioned above -- the Holy Grail for grading these is likely a MS69 PL. If you won't accept a 69 you may have shot yourself in the foot! Even Wondercoin (several pages back) said he needs at least a 68PL for his registry set. I will likely send in a group in with no minimum grade under FS just for fun (you pay for most of it anyway).

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@jabba said:

Are you only having the Kennedy graded or the set what coin numbers are you using?

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    smokincoin, I just packed the 2 sets into the box. What pictures did you want to see? :)

The coins.

• Options

@jabba said:

@Gluggo said:

@jabba said:

Are you only having the Kennedy graded or the set what coin numbers are you using?

I am grading both, I put Modern @ $16.00 each and check other and wrote Kennedy Rocket/Native American set and also checked First Strike @ $18.00 each. Plus the $22.00 in shipping for 4 coins with specific instructions I want them in the Rocket Ship 2019 Set. added the $10.00 handling fee and once they receive the coin I will call them and make sure my instructions are understood. Then when they are done grading I will call them again within hours to make sure they labeled it the way I want BEFORE they ship. I will also bug them for the Dual Holders which as of earlier today they were not available as I called the nice man at PCGS. There so good there! For a total of $168.00 the box is all sealed and ready for tomorrows Post Office run!

• Options

@smokincoin said:

@Gluggo said:

The coins.

Ohhh there all packed up sorry but I will take pictures once they come back.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@smokincoin said:

@Gluggo said:

The coins.

Ohhh there all packed up sorry but I will take pictures once they come back.

No problem. Good luck! Hoping you get the best grades!

• Options

There are some pictures on page 7 and before.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @smokincoin said:

@Gluggo said:

I instructed PCGS to not grade it if it does not grade 69 or 70. ( Of course I am praying for 70) I looked at them under special magnification with a bright full circular spectrum bulb around the 3 Diopter glass lens. They look good but I had to go through a lot to find these 2. I am only sending in 2 sets total cost is $168.00 for First Strike with hoping for PL status. Remind me not to buy these Business Strikes again. o:)

Have you got pictures?

Gluggo, I wish you good luck, but that is going to be a lot of money IMO to spend if the 2 coins come back to you raw, and they were 68PL's.

• Options
    edited March 12, 2019 7:40PM

Goldminer is a 68PL a good deal. I dont collect Kennedy’s so I have no clue and I can always amend the paperwork? Sounds like 68 is not a bad deal.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

Quarterly special.

Thanks Hemi - if I calculated correctly, 4 coins submitted FS under the special will run $28 each + return shipping. I'm thinking the PL category will carry some premiums worth the costs. AND heck, it's fun!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gluggo, I am sorry I am not a clad collector, except for modern commemoratives. I do collect silver Kennedy's and like the commemoratives they are treated a bit better by the Mint than the business strikes, so 70's are much more likely.

I also looked at the pop reports and as others have said above, even a MS68PL business strike is usually a very good grade.

• Options

Okay I made the change to the paperwork and retapped the package for 68 minimum so thank you to ALL for the smart suggestion’s.

• Options

@Akbeez said:

@Hemispherical said:

Quarterly special.

Thanks Hemi - if I calculated correctly, 4 coins submitted FS under the special will run $28 each + return shipping. I'm thinking the PL category will carry some premiums worth the costs. AND heck, it's fun!

My total for 4 coins came to $168.00 I think I got 2 Kennedy winners. B)

• Options

@Akbeez said:

@Hemispherical said:

Quarterly special.

Agree, this will be fun.

My calc was for $27.375 each if the four coins are Presidents (all Kennedy’s) with the special.

Had to double-check the 2019 Sac to see if it mentions a US President or a pic on the reverse, which it did not so it probably not eligible for the special. Based on the https://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial (see below for guidelines). I would call CS to confirm though.

I took a gander at Gold Shield and under the special will add 3.75 per coin.

—————

Guidelines:

All coins must portray a U.S. President. Tokens and Medals are not eligible.

For every four (4) coins submitted, you will be charged grading fees for three (3). For example, if you submit 12 coins, you will only pay grading fees for 9.

Valid for Standard or Gold Shield™ service (cannot mix).

Valid for all service levels excluding Show, Bulk, Collectors Club Voucher, and Reholder (one service level per submission form).

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or submission.

Guarantee Premium fee applies for Reconsideration and Crossover submissions as required and will be charged for each coin individually.

Include payment for grading fees minus one coin (e.g. – if order has 4 coins, submit payment for 3 coins, etc.), return shipping fee (for all coins), and handling fee.

Under the “Other” service level, indicate “Quarterly Special - President.”

Additional Guidelines:

Turnaround time for submission is estimated and based on the service level selected.

Unlimited submissions for this Quarterly Special.

Valid for current Collectors Club members in good standing.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Different

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@Hemispherical said:

@Akbeez said:

@Hemispherical said:

Agree, this will be fun.

My calc was for $27.375 each if the four coins are Presidents (all Kennedy’s) with the special.

Had to double-check the 2019 Sac to see if it mentions a US President or a pic on the reverse, which it did not so it probably not eligible for the special. Based on the https://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial (see below for guidelines). I would call CS to confirm though.

Thanks again for the research. I'm not interested in grading the Sac's (tho they are nice), the Kennedy's are the coolness PLs in this case! Let the grading wars COMMENCE!

• Options
    edited March 13, 2019 4:03AM

@Gluggo said:
    Okay I made the change to the paperwork and retapped the package for 68 minimum so thank you to ALL for the smart suggestion’s.

Just thought of something. If it does not grade to the minimum requested they are supposed return in condition received.

There is no way the Kennedy will get back into the rocketship without tearing something to to take it out in the first place. So you will probably get the Kennedy back in a flip. IMO.

If it fails to meet the grade and comes back in a flip you ARE still charged the grading fee and everything. Only difference is a flip instead of a slab.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting mint website down.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    I'm getting mint website down.

+1

• Options

You guys broke the mint.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Site is up for me, but none became available. sniff...

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

-0-

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Site is up for me, but none became available. sniff...

+1

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Still down must be one of those regional things

• Options
    edited March 13, 2019 5:50AM

DNS is not resolving to the Mint's IP. Appears there was an outage and had to fix/replace something. Will wait for the server to re-populate. Too lazy to change it right now.

Hmm... Maybe not. Got to make sure I am ready to get the gold Legion, should not be an problem, but things have been weird lately. Example, an almost sell-out of these rocketships. :o

Edit: Added a couple other IPV4/6 DNS servers. Hitting the Mint again. Happpy! :)

• Options

I would sell those rockets fast. This is one of the most obvious "bubbles" in recent mint memory.

• Options

@jabba said:
    Thanks for the info Gluggo I’m going to check the 7 sets I have and see if any look good some do look PL but I need a close look at the dings and dents

Look at the face, cheeks for obvious scratches very faint and some deeper. I have two that I might keep as Scar Face elgible. This is very new to me but if you have a bit of light and some magnification it shows very easily. Some in the hair and just when you think you got a good one dont forget to flip it around to see the obvious scratch on the other side! That happened a few times for me. :( Good luck and mine are on the way the Post Man picket it up and she is in route to PCGS! :)

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭

None again.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    None again.

Yep... :#

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apollo Half Set was up for about 20 seconds.... :'(

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Apollo Half Set was up for about 20 seconds.... :'(

Got one. I couldn't resist. :wink:

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I saw “1 available” for the half sets. Nothing for the rockets. Wish I bought more of each when it seemed like an unwise idea! ;)

• Options

I was playing slot machines ( no money just fun)'and spaced out.

• Options

0 for 0 this AM for rocket and Apollo set. Was able to get the Apollo set in the bag but unavailable at checkout.

Should have just kept the Apollo set in the bag and do the checkout tomorrow. One less step.

Now to the Legions.

• Options
    edited March 15, 2019 1:59PM

I opened my boxes today to see if any of mine were PL and I think they all are.
    4 of the 5 look very good, I'm thinking of sending them in.
    I think it's $16 for grading, $18 for FS but I'm not sure about a PL Variety Fee. I'll call PCGS Monday and ask.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    I opened my boxes today to see if any of mine were PL and they all were.
    4 of the 5 look very good, I'm thinking of sending them in.
    I think it's $16 for grading, $18 for FS but I'm not sure about a PL Variety Fee. I'll call PCGS Monday and ask.

I'll get some quick pics asap.

I do not think there is a fee for PL. But this is a new arena for PL Kennedy’s. Please let us know when you find out @Bullsitter .

• Options
    edited March 15, 2019 2:36PM

Yours looks rather clean Chief - I have not found any without hits on the obv face. Was looking at the PCGS pops today and there has only been ONE MS70 for business strike Kennedys. And 37 ms69s, most of which were 2014-D (as was the ms70). I plan on sending a group in early next week.
    And ... the well was dry again this morning ...

• Options

I have no clue with Kennedys, not my series at all.
    My only Kennedys are the 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof which I bought graded and a 1963 DC Kennedy.

Good luck on yours.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    My only Kennedys are the 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof which I bought graded and a 1963 DC Kennedy.

Good luck on yours.

1963 Kennedy?

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

Good luck on yours.

1963 Kennedy?

??????

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@privatecoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

Good luck on yours.

1963 Kennedy?

??????

• Options

@OPA said:

@privatecoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

Good luck on yours.

1963 Kennedy?

??????

DC is Daniel Carr

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2019 10:37AM

Looks like first one was graded yeseterday. PCGS M69. Nice.

@wondercoin, your coin?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file