Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 Rocketship! (19XGC) (Sold Out..,.)

1141516171820»

Comments

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t been following this discussion all too closely, but why would anyone want to remove an MS67 or MS68 or MS69 RS Kennedy and replace it with an MS65 or MS66 Mint Set Kennedy? Unless they were competing in the “lowball” sets?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    I haven’t been following this discussion all too closely, but why would anyone want to remove an MS67 or MS68 or MS69 RS Kennedy and replace it with an MS65 or MS66 Mint Set Kennedy? Unless they were competing in the “lowball” sets?

Wondercoin

I'm guessing there's some kind of fancy math here. Is the value of a straight MS68 + MS66 PL better than an MS68 PL?

Personally, I'd assume they'd do the opposite. Take out an MS65 and replace it with a better coin hoping to get the 68 PL Rocketship designation.

But, there are virtually no better coins in Mint sets! Lol.

Last year, a few dozen MS67 2018-D is best of breed in mint sets!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin

This year the P's are pretty terrible in the mint sets with the D's not being much better. Rocketships were your key to the best D's.

• mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019 9:35AM

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin

A dozen and 1/2
    12 per dozen last I knew

Yes, thank you Mas. Supports my point even more. Why would anyone search hundreds of mint sets to possibly find an MS67 coin or two in order to replace that coin into a RS Kennedy set that routinely can come MS68 or even better?

By the way, we finally completed (almost all) the submissions on 2018 mint sets. So, we hope pops will increase somewhat on most of the coins. Strangely, speaking of Kennedy coins, our 2018 experience was similar to Tetromibi with his 2019 sets. Our D mint Kennedy coins were a bit nicer than our P mint coins. Current Pops do not reflect this (47 P vs. 18 D). Luck of the draw.

Wondercoin.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... to solve the issue.

I just mailed away all my unc sets to the kids in the family/extended family. They looked mighty fine, too!

Kept the the W unc cents. :D

Still contemplating what do with the MS69 Kennedy.

• mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    Yes, thank you Mas. Supports my point even more. Why would anyone search hundreds of mint sets to possibly find an MS67 coin or two in order to replace that coin into a RS Kennedy set that routinely can come MS68 or even better?

By the way, we finally completed (almost all) the submissions on 2018 mint sets. So, we hope pops will increase somewhat on most of the coins. Strangely, speaking of Kennedy coins, our 2018 experience was similar to Tetromibi with his 2019 sets. Our D mint Kennedy coins were a bit nicer than our P mint coins. Current Pops do not reflect this (47 P vs. 18 D). Luck of the draw.

Wondercoin.

As always pop's will grow.. Always have coins in the line, with several
    hundred 2018 mint sets left to go !!!

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Any idea how many were available on previous 2 days?

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

Had lunch yesterday with someone I consider a "reliable source" The Rocketship sets came up during our conversation, and I was curious how close they were to the Product Limit of 50K. He pulls out his iPhone and after he scrolled around his iPhone screen for a few seconds, he mentioned about 421 were available this week (that was through Saturday morning)...

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:

@Sweetpie said:

Had lunch yesterday with someone I consider a "reliable source" The Rocketship sets came up during our conversation, and I was curious how close they were to the Product Limit of 50K. He pulls out his iPhone and after he scrolled around his iPhone screen for a few seconds, he mentioned about 421 were available this week (that was through Saturday morning)...

so if the web site says "product no longer available" how do you order them? call direct to the mint as the "notify me when available" never notifies me?

Kennedys are my quest...

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

he mentioned about 421 were available this week

I guess we'll see if the numbers confirm this. They should be north of 49,600+ as of Sunday if true

@WAYNEAS said:

@DotStore said:

@Sweetpie said:

so if the web site says "product no longer available" how do you order them? call direct to the mint as the "notify me when available" never notifies me?

For "high demand" products you have to be ready to order right when they become available on the site. Page 7 of this thread has multiple posts talking about exactly what time to check for availability. Just remember, for the really "high demand" products you might only have a few minutes (or few seconds) to order -- depending on how many of the product they make available and how many other buyers you are competing against...

@BigA said:

I guess we'll see if the numbers confirm this. They should be north of 49,600+ as of Sunday if true

w/e 5/19 49,188
    w/e 5/26 49,609 +421

@DotStore said:

@BigA said:

w/e 5/19 49,188
    w/e 5/26 49,609 +421

Did you manage to snag any?

Multi-window refresh and no add button this AM. :|

@Hemispherical said:

@DotStore said:

@BigA said:

w/e 5/19 49,188
    w/e 5/26 49,609 +421

Yes, I snagged a few on 2 out of the 3 days they were available. But if you are just trying to collect the Half Dollar in "PL", then the Uncirculated Mint Sets appear to have the exact same Half Dollar in "PL" (I've also seen the Denver Uncirculated Dollar coin graded as "PL")

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:

@BigA said:

w/e 5/19 49,188
    w/e 5/26 49,609 +421

Spot on....

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Ok this is strange.

Anyone ordered some RS sets recently but had their order put on "backorder" status?

Seem strange they would let us ordered but have to wait to get them filled?..

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just ordered my replacement holders. The Lady was on point and filled out my form and told me 1 to 2 weeks wait before shipment. Worked like a charm thank to everybody with their information.

@Sweetpie said:
    Ok this is strange.

Anyone ordered some RS sets recently but had their order put on "backorder" status?

Yes, when I ordered some a few days ago it said they are on Backorder while placing the order.

@DotStore said:

@Sweetpie said:
    Ok this is strange.

Yes, when I ordered some a few days ago it said they are on Backorder while placing the order.

Yes. The same.

Just got an update on how close to the 50K Limit sales are for the Rocketship Sets. Estimates are only 251 remaining... (not including any order cancellations and/or returns).

Some were available this AM. B)

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

Surprised I was able to get two orders in. The set that just keeps on giving.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

@fox9487 said:

So your the one that took the last for the day. Was trying to check out with a second order. Kept getting there was not enough and kept lowering and then it went poof. Should have just out 1on the second checkout. :D

@Hemispherical said:

@fox9487 said:

So your the one that took the last for the day. Was trying to check out with a second order. Kept getting there was not enough and kept lowering and then it went poof. Should have just out 1on the second checkout. :D

It was not me :o . There was still one when I tried my third order but I did not get it.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

@fox9487 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@fox9487 said:

It was not me :o . There was still one when I tried my third order but I did not get it.

So who was it? Got to be somebody from this forum.

Fess-up. :)

@Hemispherical said:

@fox9487 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@fox9487 said:

So who was it? Got to be somebody from this forum.

Fess-up. :)

B)

👍

So close to the 50K Limit - about 55 to go as of today (not including returns/cancels)

I always thought there was a bigger buffer and that they never sold right up to the Product Limit.

Must be a set percentage. But what is it? 1%, 5%?

@Hemispherical said:

Not sure what the set percentage is for a "buffer", but they've currently sold 99.89% of the 50K

@DotStore said:

@Hemispherical said:

Not sure what the set percentage is for a "buffer", but they've currently sold 99.89% of the 50K

What would be the overage minted to replace the sets that were returned damaged or lost, etc. Might be a set %. Not too high or it be a loss when “mintage sold” hits the mintage limit.

Example:

Mint Limit is 100. Actually produce 110 or 10% overage. I do not think the Mint does 10% that would be too much of a gamble. Maybe 1% or a graduated scale. That is a lower % as the mint limit is larger.

10,000 at 10% is 1000

50,000 at 2% is 1000

100,000 at 1% is 1000

Aimlessly calculating. ;)

• Nice, I’m sweating trying to get sets of these for my 2 kids, lol after I did the survey asking for more kids coins. Haven’t bought coins in a couple years after birth of my kids, was a reason for me to be in buying spree.

@smartdriver said:
    Nice, I’m sweating trying to get sets of these for my 2 kids, lol after I did the survey asking for more kids coins. Haven’t bought coins in a couple years after birth of my kids, was a reason for me to be in buying spree.

Did you get them for the kiddo’s?

When they first came out got enough for my grandchild, nieces, and nephews. Which was great!

Been trying and sometimes in succeeding in getting more.

The $2 rocketship is around the corner: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1019805/2019-2-rocketship-bep-b15053-on-sale-june-18

@DotStore said:

@Hemispherical said:

@DotStore said:

@BigA said:

w/e 5/19 49,188
    w/e 5/26 49,609 +421

Yes, I snagged a few on 2 out of the 3 days they were available. But if you are just trying to collect the Half Dollar in "PL", then the Uncirculated Mint Sets appear to have the exact same Half Dollar in "PL" (I've also seen the Denver Uncirculated Dollar coin graded as "PL")

So why are we chasing these Rocketship sets?

My last two orders arrived a couple of days ago. I guess no need to open the boxes and check the sets out. Just order Uncirculated Mint Sets to chase the PL designation.

We all know why. It is the label and profit. 50,000 max for the Rocketship sets and 100's of thousands for the Unc sets. Folks do like their labels. & raw sets are still kicking it on the Ebay.

• Still checking to see if any become Available, so I haven’t got any sets yet.

Throwing this up here to see if anything changes on the next update.

19XGC
    2019 ROCKETSHIP SET
    06/09/2019

The Rocketship 2019 is officially SOLD OUT

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:
    The Rocketship 2019 is officially SOLD OUT

Yeppers.

Something to take off my to-do check list!

• Bummer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file