Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder which one he will use for the 2019 obverse ??? B)

Dan Fan
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

Twins!

I paid plenty for it, but couldn't pass.

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    bought this from bigpoppascollectablesllc Hugh coin !

If Dan had put a 1354 date on this coin they could have found it on Oak Island and claimed it was treasure.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a little excited about the USPS notice that I did indeed get the date goofed up...scheduled delivery date...21 Dec 2018.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HalfStrike said:

@1940coupe said:
    bought this from bigpoppascollectablesllc Hugh coin ! ]

If Dan had put a 1354 date on this coin they could have found it on Oak Island and claimed it was treasure.

OMG Oak Island followers here too??

YAA BABY WOO-HOO!!!!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    I was a little excited about the USPS notice that I did indeed get the date goofed up...scheduled delivery date...21 Dec 2018.

Can’t wait. I haven’t received any notice yet. What a great Christmas present.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that piece @Lakesammman! The double date, double denomination and main devices are all great on that one!

• Options
    DDODDO Posts: 44 ✭✭

Nice coins guys!

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin lakesammman!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man these are great. Mine are scheduled to arrive Monday. I can't wait.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018 4:08PM

@Twobitcollector said:
    I won this in a KOCT contest

These are neat!

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018 7:11PM

@COCollector said:
    ...No other silver coins/medals/cobs anywhere use this Broken Spear design (at least I couldn't find any).

Coincidentally in 2018, The Royal Mint introduced an un-broken spear design for their new 10 oz "Silver Valiant" bullion.

Available from the usual bullion dealers, like this: https://www.apmex.com/product/174603/2018-great-britain-10-oz-silver-valiant-bu

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I love these. Where do you get them?

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

Wow, I love these. Where do you get them?

Right from Knights of the Coin Table. You must be a member to order.
    The 2018 issue is closed for ordering from KOCT, only available on the secondary market, if you can find any.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Cocollector thank for that APMEX link. Picked up one of the 10 Oz Sovereign coin just now.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

...Wow, I love these. Where do you get them?

Although it's too late to order all the 2018 medals, there are some medals still available.

How to order? First, register at KnightsOfTheCoinTable.com. It's free. Then read the most recent posts on the thread titled "Place your order for 2018 medals here..."

http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=5701.120

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine comes today........getting anxious!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

My set is "out for delivery" as well.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree CO, the color toned copper looks great, so does the antiqued brass.
    Those are pretty dang cool.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I don’t have informed delivery and my PO Box was bare I suppose I will have to wait patiently for mine to arrive.

• Options
    edited December 24, 2018 3:59PM

Bruce your colored copper I am guessing there are 2, they both look very different. Which one did you like better the rainbow one or the dark red. Very unique, and thank you for posting your pictures.

• Options
    edited December 24, 2018 8:11PM

Mine is supposed to arrive today ....... but ....... it left San Francisco at 12:19 AM. Nothing since.

It could still happen

Edit to add:
    It'd 5:12 PM HST. Just checked Informed Delivery and no change. It's gonna be Wednesday I guess.

• Options

Is there a posted schedule of release dates for the D Carr items? I'm guessing that has been covered in the thread, but I could not find it. Thanks for any information! :)

• Options
    edited December 24, 2018 6:43PM

l> @Hallco said:

Is there a posted schedule of release dates for the D Carr items? I'm guessing that has been covered in the thread, but I could not find it. Thanks for any information! :)

Go to his web site
    “ The moonlight mint”
    You can buy his coins there. I believe it’s first come first serve till he sells out. He comes here once in a while he might answer your questions. I have never seen a published schedule of his coins. you just have to check it on a daily basis to see if he has any new items for sale.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    l> @Hallco said:

Go to his web site
    “ The moonlight mint”
    You can buy his coins there. I believe it’s first come first serve till he sells out. He comes here once in a while he might answer your questions. I have never seen a published schedule of his coins. you just have to check it on a daily basis to see if he has any new items for sale.

Thanks! I registered and when I agreed to his newsletter, I received an error message for some reason. I will bookmark the site and check regularly! :)

• Options
    edited December 24, 2018 7:30PM

Hallco he has coins for sale there now. The silver eagles overstrike and a Clark Gruber overstrike.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Tried to register for the KOTCT and got bammed in the final bot question. I'm very good at algebra so a bit baffled why I couldn't register. If blue = blue / red =: _______ wtf? Technically 1/red should be the answer. No banana.
    Feeling rather dense at the moment...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2018 8:19PM

@Gluggo said:
    l> @Hallco said:

Go to his web site
    “ The moonlight mint”

You can also sign up for free web page monitoring which will send an email alert when something changes. Like new items being added to the catalog. You won't miss something new being offered.

https://visualping.io/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file