GrandAm :)
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@Gluggo said:
    I see mine has shipped Ohhh Boy can't wait! :p

What shipped?

Silver Owls or Gold Double Eagles?
    Sorry I bought everything but the gold. The 1906 was the last one I bought. I did get a bunch of the fingers why? Don’t really know why other than it’s a unusual item.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:
    Got my owl yesterday and the shipping notice for the 1815 Classic Head Large Cents this morning. I'm really looking forward to those.

Can't wait to see your images of the 1815 pieces.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

1934 gold has been shipped @GRANDAM...almost half of his mintage to CU members :) Thank you again for your tally <3

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018 1:55PM

I wish you would not post these 'coins' here...........................Because you are making me want to start buying DC's works.
    In all honesty, these are all fantastic collectible coins. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    I wish you would not post these 'coins' here...........................Because you are making me want to start buying DC's works.
    In all honesty, these are all fantastic collectible coins. :smile:

well come on aboard with the rest of us !

• Options

Out of stock 1918" Peace Silver Dollar "Broken Sword" over-strike, High Relief, WW1 100th Anniversary Out of stock

• Options
    Mfriday4962Mfriday4962 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Good deal... I felt the mintage was getting high on the 1918 peace...

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many of you put your fantasy pieces into a Dansco type of album?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    How many of you put your fantasy pieces into a Dansco type of album?

m

I put all of mine in these holders. :)

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

why not use one of the Perth Mint Spring holders that you see that have magnetic edges. Kind of like a picture frame

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Anybody have a shipping notice on their 1934 $20 Gold Double Eagle?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

Mine shipped today

• Options
    edited June 12, 2018 3:56PM

Update, I haven't got a shipment e-mail yet but I just checked on MoonLight Mint Web Site and both my orders I am waiting on show as shipped. B)B)B)B)B)

@jwitten said:

@GRANDAM said:

Mine shipped today

Well I will have to hold my breath a little longer as I have an order to send off for grading but want this Double Eagle in the group.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to get the shipping notification - tracking info would be nice.

Looking forward to seeing the 1934 OS, owl and feeding finger in person. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've thought about a 7070 but use a lot of ring airtites

How well do the broadstruck ones fit in a 7070?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hand off to USPS occurred at 3:37 today

USPS informed delivery is quite handy.

Thank You Daniel !

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn the anxiety of waiting waiting waiting.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the shipping notice for my Owl. I get shipments faster from HI than CO.
    USPS "Bless their Hearts"

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2018 6:52AM

Hand off to USPS occurred at 3:37 today. USPS informed delivery is quite handy.

How do you track from the shipment notification?

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

I love this new USPS feature.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Then choose your notification preference

• Options

It won’t work to my PO Box :'(

• Options

@GRANDAM said:
    It won’t work to my PO Box :'(

That part sucks. I tried to find out why but only got into a loop of Post Office non-answers.

• Options

That explains it - works good for my non-PO box mail.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't work for my PO Box either. :(

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold overstrike, Owl, Large Cents - mine shipped yesterday, this order is kinda exciting.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Man,,,,,,, what do we have to do to get PCGS to grade these as overstrikes or tokens?????

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    Man,,,,,,, what do we have to do to get PCGS to grade these as overstrikes or tokens?????

I could see them doing the tokens, but they will never due the over strikes, as they are probable concerned about legal issues.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2018 10:33AM

I became aware of USPS informed delivery from this DC thread a few months ago.
    I did not know PO box are not included.
    That's silly.

My two orders seem to be packaged in one registered mailing.

Package is out for delivery, hopefully I will receive the two orders, 7 items today, even though my normal mailman is off on Thursdays. In about 5 hours I'll know for sure.

;^)

Lindy

@Kudbegud said:

@Lakesammman said:

• Options
    edited June 14, 2018 9:11AM

Mine has shipped..... B)

• Options

Mail came today and NO Coins. :s

• Options

Sorry
    Your address is not currently eligible for Informed Delivery. Please check back at a later date. :(:(:(:(:(

• Options
    edited June 14, 2018 4:15PM

1934 Twenty Dollars Fantasy has arrived, a smidge, half gram, heavy at 33.88 grams, so I assume some Unc $20 donor coin got reimagined.

Looks like gold, not brass from earlier hands on coin show report. Preserved segmented collar details really add that extra touch of reality.

An awesome piece of coin art !

Really excited I got one, factory direct from Daniel !

For me, this item is a tribute to my Mom who was born in 1934 and passed 5 weeks ago in 2018.

She would have loved it !

Lindy

• Options
    edited June 14, 2018 4:05PM

Mine are shipped as flat rate with no tracking numbers. I wont be able to see the history only when they arrive. Probably by Saturday, Monday for sure!

But I did sign up on the Informed Delivery going to have to wait and see how this works. Looks promissing.

• Options

Dan Carr just have to ask if the mintage of 1934 gold is finished then whats the hold up of shipping ?

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    Dan Carr just have to ask if the mintage of 1934 gold is finished then whats the hold up of shipping ?

The "1934" over-strike gold production is complete.

All orders up through # 14238 have shipped. Some orders with higher numbers have also shipped if they were combined in shipping with lower numbered orders.

Right now I'm working on getting more Braided Hair half cents so I can continue production and resume shipping the remaining orders.

• Options

The Owl has landed !

• Options

All I ordered was a 1934 st Gold nothing else but guess I will have to wait

• Options
    edited June 15, 2018 5:23AM

@1940coupe said:
    All I ordered was a 1934 st Gold nothing else but guess I will have to wait

Coup, I think I ordered the same day as you or the day before. We were lucky to get in on them. I think Dan stopped orders a day or two later. We almost waited too long.

So, I'm a happy camper.

You guys that get yours first post us some photos please.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

I could see them doing the tokens, but they will never due the over strikes, as they are probable concerned about legal issues.

If they're legal to make why then would there be any illegal issue putting them in a holder. They can call them whatever they like to protect themselves and the public. They're certainly something that many coin collectors find interesting and why shouldn't they be able to slab them along with the rest of their collection. There's a lot of them out there in other holders only out of necessity of wanting them slabbed in something, or left unslabbed simply because PCGS won't slab them. They are well documented and would be easy to figure out a logical way to start slabbing them. Heck, add some registry listings and away we go.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

No package from Dan today :'(

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

_Bought these 2 on Ebay the other day right after they were listed. They were listed together for $185 plus $5 S/H, total $190. The 1917 would grade MS69. The seller did a great job with the black holder on the 1917. Looks as good or better than the pros, imo.

Good deal ??_

I would say that's a pretty good deal - indeed!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2018 8:28AM

May sound a bit crazy but the only thing I can compare to the waiting of the 1934 gold coin is the waiting of the birth of my first born son 35 years ago !

• Options

@1940coupe said:
    May should a bit crazy but the only thing I can compare to the waiting of the 1934 gold coin is the waiting of the birth of my first born son 35 years ago !

I check my "new" INFORMED DELIVERY every 6 hours.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file