Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

R.I.P. ... PAY IT FORWARD...

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>First off, I have played the game.....the right way. I took a nice lot, and IMO I paid forward a nice lot. Next, 90% of what you've done on this thread is b*tch and moan about the lots you don't think are good enough.

IMO you've done more harm than good to this thread, even with your recent act of kindness. I'm quite sure that there are people who have wanted to jump in, but haven't due to not wanting to be ripped apart if others feel thier lot is no good. You have driven most of that with all of your negative comments about some of the lots.

I mean, you ripped a guy, AND his kid about the lot they put up even though you were in no way involved. Calling it the "son rule".......yeah you're a real Saint.

EDIT: Just so you know, the guy and kid you ripped haven't posted on this thread (or any other thread that I've seen) since that all happened.....Nice work! >>

There are several legitimate reasons to take shots at Bobby. For example, the Lipset thread and some others I saw in the archives. But this certainly isn't one of them. This thread was dead, sitting 8+ days with no activity, and Bobby stepped up to the plate and got it going again. He donated a bunch of stuff from his collection with nothing asked for in return.

Look, I get it. You're a tough guy. You have tattoos. But to say that Bobby has done more harm here than good is just vile. I am truly embarrassed for you.

Also, I'm given to understand that your mother is overweight. Now of course if that is a result of a glandular condition and not sloth and gluttony, I withdraw that comment. >>

Well, you are right about a couple things.

My mother is on the heavy side, but it's not her fault..... That's just how my father likes his women

Yes I have some tattoos

I have to say though you're wrong about me being a tough guy. I cried like a little girl while getting each of my tats. Also, I haven't been in a physical altercation in 25 years (8th grade)...... And I got my butt whipped in sed altercation.
    The kid who beat me up..... His name is Franky. His mom is skinny and TMK he has no tattoos.

Say hi to KaKa, ssdixon and the rest of your alt friends for me!

To Jerrod (the OP) I'm sorry and it won't happen again. I mean no disrespect, to you anyway

• I guess I missed out on all the fun yesterday. Nothing was given away, but their was a lot of bickering.

Dave
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

This is the lot that is available from BPorter26. Signed Gooden RC, some HOF/future HOF rookie cards, BRobby's last card, and more. NICE!

<< <i>Gee, Lets start over. I have this lot up for FREE!!!!!

I added two more cards

Gooden 85 Topps Auto MJ and a Tim Duncan RC
    imageimage

image >>

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Bump. Someone who is a baseball fan if you take this lot I would love to see some more football cards. I have a good group of stuff that I am waiting to post if a lot comes up that matches my collecting interest.

• << <i>Bump. Someone who is a baseball fan if you take this lot I would love to see some more football cards. I have a good group of stuff that I am waiting to post if a lot comes up that matches my collecting interest. >>

SMH, your "that collector".
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

<< <i>

<< <i>Bump. Someone who is a baseball fan if you take this lot I would love to see some more football cards. I have a good group of stuff that I am waiting to post if a lot comes up that matches my collecting interest. >>

SMH, your "that collector". >>

I am that collector? I don't do baseball, I do mainly football so shake your head all you want. That is why the one lot I grabbed had football that I was interested in and I responded with a ton of autographed football cards.
  • cute chick with the big nose: 'whose motorcycle is this?'
    bruce willis: 'it's the threads'
    cute chick: 'whos the thread?'
    bruce willis: 'the threads dead baby, the threads dead'
    Just got an email from the webmaster that this has been moved to the B/S/T area... obviously.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    The thread is not dead, we just move to Buy and Sell!!!
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Group hug

and lets get this back on track image

• << <i>Group hug

and lets get this back on track image >>

Nice. image

I put a thread on the main forum about where this thread went but it looks like it was POOF'd as well.

Let get some takin' & postin' happenin'!!!!
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I also received an email from the webmaster to alert me that the thread was moved. It makes me assume that everyone who had responded to the thread received one as well.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Perhaps a replacement lot? This doesn't have much value (Gooden is nothing to me).
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps a replacement lot? This doesn't have much value (Gooden is nothing to me). >>

WOW, A FREE F'n Lot and you make that comment. Apparently you're looking to try and make some money off someones free lot with that comment. I knew I should have not participated in this thread. I never make any negative comments on these boards. I read that sh*t about a free lot which you feel it holds no value, give me a freaking break. These boards have gone in the wrong direction of late. I'm pulling my original lot off and here's a new lot because Buccaneer doesn't think I had enough value in my original lot. Does this meet your approve?

1971 Dell Stamps (Harmon Killebrew, Brooks Robinson)
    1965 Willie Stargell OC
    1981 Topps Grocery cello (Tim Raines)
    1989 Fleer Update Roberto Alomar
    1989 Fleer Update John Smoltz
    1990 Leaf Larry Walker
    1990 Leaf Frank Thomas (Mint)
    2004 Donruss Neil Walker Auto RC 142/242
    2011 Andrew McCutchen Topps Lineage Auto
    2011 Bowman Sterling Chris Sale jersey card

Edit: Forgot to add picture
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
    You could post a 1952 Mantle and someone would biiatch that it wasn't in good enough condition. That is just the way of the boards. Nice lot for the baseball collectors.
    That is a nicer lot, imo, hopefully it won't sit for 5 days. But isn't one of the intents is to put up a lot roughly equal to what you took? scmavl's last lot was one I've would've jumped on immediately.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a nicer lot, imo, hopefully it won't sit for 5 days. But isn't one of the intents is to put up a lot roughly equal to what you took? scmavl's last lot was one I've would've jumped on immediately. >>

Not everyone has the kind of money or is in shape to donate expensive lots. The lot I donated to jump start the thread was valued at $100. Logic would think that since you are "supposed" to leave equal value lots out there that $100 should be back out there. Like I said, not everyone is in shape to donate a $100 lot. It is the nature of the beast.
  • I'm hoping this doesn't wither away in this forum
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lot
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Beautiful lot.

My only concern is if one puts up expensive cards, and if we're supposed to match those expensive cards... will there ever be a chance for lower end cards to be back up for trade?

<< <i>My only concern is if one puts up expensive cards, and if we're supposed to match those expensive cards... will there ever be a chance for lower end cards to be back up for trade? >>

Of course!! That has happened numerous times on this thread. The cards have always migrated back to lower end cards.
  • kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    I'll take it. New lot up soon
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
    Heres the the lot:

Sorry about the huge images darn phone pics.
    This lot has
    Jersey cards of Sean Burke, Saku Koivu, Gary Roberts, Brett Hull, Sergei Fedorov and Brian Boucher.
    Rcs of Mike Modano OPC Premier, and Peter Forsberg UD.
    75-76 Bobby Orr Assit Leader and 75-76 Orr Team Leader
    2ND Year All Star Gretzky
    Eddie the Eagle Belfour Hot card
    87-88 Roy
    Team Pinnacle Bourque
    Mini Mask of the Moose
    and
    2 puck auto's
    Jari Kurri UDA and a Ken wregget in person.

Left of the pucks.

Looking for:
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Nice and different Hockey lot. Good work. Someone will get a great lot.
    Bump
    Looking for:
    Cool hockey lot! Glad someone got BPorters lot before I decided to take another (Killebrew!). I hope a hockey fan scoops this up soon.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I'll take it.

Posting from my iPad and will be out all day celebrating Fathers day so please have patience and I will reward you with a nice lot later
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    OK Here is the next lot - anybody like 1960 Topps

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice lot Jim. I'm sure someone putting together a mid range set would LOVE those. They present very well for mid-grades.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • I'll take it!

Will get a lot up in a little while
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • I wanted to go with a little diversity so here goes:

first up a graded 1952 Topps, and 2 graded 1961 Topps

Next, a couple graded 1962s.

How about a graded Reggie rookie and a graded Killebrew (this threads unofficial throw-in on most lots)

A couple M.P & Co 302's

Not sure if it's real, bought it as such--Bobby Murcer signed postcard and something that is unique--a Bryan Yablonsky slide of derek Jeter that was bought at auction. Comes with copyright/ownership rights.

Some jersey cards

And a Jeter jersey card, a Topps Chronicles Carrie Underwood rookie and a graded card from 1890. Every collection needs some non-sport and every collection needs a pre 1900 card.

All this can be yours if you pay it forward image
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
    I'll take it!!
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Great lot and I look forward to Bobbys. I've been itching to jump in
    hee-hee.....
    OK...Here is mine. I am gonna keep it short and sweet. One card. But I think someone will like this (hopefully a Brown's fan).......the best running back of all time. I paid good money for this a couple of years ago from the monthly All Star Cards auction, and then I got another one I liked better. But I think someone will love this one just like I did....

• mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    I'll take it
  • BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    Why did this lot have to go up while I was coaching T-Ball?!? image

EDIT:
    I see I missed it by 4 minutes...should have drove home faster I guess.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
    Wow, nice nice card. Can't wait to see the pick to pay that forward. image

I am gonna have to up the stack I had put together to match where this is heading.
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Man, I wanted that Jim Brown. What a sweet sweet card Bobby.

Congrats, Mr. Mint.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Tried to cover a few sports..and always have to add a Mantle.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I'll take it!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

Some good stuff rolling now....hopefully this thread will keep up steam!
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone can use this stuff. A little bit of everything...vintage, modern, game-used, autos, and rookies:

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• I'll take 'em!

I'll post my lot in a few hours...

Thanks,
    Roger
    Man, 3 of the last 4 lots I would have jumped on - exactly in my wheelhouse. :mad:

Nice lots guys, good to see some quality stuff.
  • I agree, and they went lightning fast.
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian