Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

R.I.P. ... PAY IT FORWARD...

Comments

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Here are my offerings:

A BUNCH OF ROOKIE CARDS

The Yount RC is NRMT/MT+ but OC, the Harper is a PSA 9, the Chipper is mint, the Brian Wilson is solid, and the Flood looks great but has a small wrinkle on the front.

OTHER RANDOM STUFF

A New Era Giants hat. Older model but still has tags. Size is 7 1/4. A vending box of '81 Topps. This box HAS been searched, but just for Valenzuela, Gibson, and Henderson. There are still HOFers and stars in there plus many cards with PSA 10 potential. If you need cards for a high grade '81 set, this is for you. Also, a '79 Topps Dwight Evans and 2010 A&G David Wright relic. I'll include some more stuff as well.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just keeping this great thread near the top for all to see. Come on guys ... join in the fun!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll come out and play. I'll take the lot. I'll post my lot when I get home from work
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • prthdprthd Posts: 1,323
    Sweet, lets keep this baby going.

I recieved the lot from Bobbyw8469 today, awesome items and super excited to display them in my home office. These are my first Perez Steele cards and fell instantly in love with them. Did they come autographed from PS or autographed after they were released? I need to read up and educate myself on these. Thanks again.
    Dave
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Dave...I want to say they were autographed after the fact, Although I have some Perez Steele sets with the same number (if you notice the back, they are all numbered), that have some autographed cards, so not really sure. Maybe someone with more experience than myself can answer this question?
  • prthdprthd Posts: 1,323

<< <i>Dave...I want to say they were autographed after the fact, Although I have some Perez Steele sets with the same number (if you notice the back, they are all numbered), that have some autographed cards, so not really sure. Maybe someone with more experience than myself can answer this question? >>

I really like this style. I saw some one ebay that were all white, not to crazy about those but these are beautiful. Obviously a complete autograph set is not feasible sice Wagner and a few others died prior to the release of these. I saw some also on ebay that said they were 9x11, do you know if two sizes exsist?
  • Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496

<< <i>Sweet, lets keep this baby going.

I recieved the lot from Bobbyw8469 today, awesome items and super excited to display them in my home office. These are my first Perez Steele cards and fell instantly in love with them. Did they come autographed from PS or autographed after they were released? I need to read up and educate myself on these. Thanks again.
    Dave >>

I do not know of any Perez Steele Post Cards that were released autographed. I do believe they were released un-autographed as regular cards in the 1980's-1990's.

Many collectors got them signed due to the quality of the art work.

The Other Dave
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    The Perez cards were NOT released signed. They were signed after release at shows/ttm etc.

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
    Here's the lot I'm giving away.

2006 Topps Chrome Matt Leinart, 1985 George Brett, 2007 Topps Turkey and 2008 Topps Derek Jeter

1988 Fleer Update Alomar and Smoltz Rookies, 1990 Leaf Larry Walker RC, Roy Halladay 1997 Bowman RC, 2000 AGon Bowman Update RC, 2012 Topps Archives Willie Mays

1977 Brooks Robinson and 1958 Mickey Vernon

1985 Topps Dwight Gooden signed RC
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    This lot won't last long.

<< <i>FOOTBALL ... BASEBALL ... UNOPENED ... ROOKIES

image >>

Bored at home today so I figured I would open the 1984 topps football pack.

Thanks again Dboneesq!

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the lot I'm giving away.

2006 Topps Chrome Matt Leinart, 1985 George Brett, 2007 Topps Turkey and 2008 Topps Derek Jeter

1988 Fleer Update Alomar and Smoltz Rookies, 1990 Leaf Larry Walker RC, Roy Halladay 1997 Bowman RC, 2000 AGon Bowman Update RC, 2012 Topps Archives Willie Mays

image >>

Nice lot ...Bobby
  • kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Would anybody be interested in hockey for a pay it forward?
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?

<< <i>Would anybody be interested in hockey for a pay it forward? >>

You probably should have added it to your last lot!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

WOW! Glad to see you got two nice cards. I wish the Elway was centered better!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>
    Nice lot ...Bobby >>

Why don't you get in on this Kirk? image

<< <i>Nice lot ...Bobby >>

Thanks....anything to help the thread along....now if only others were so generous.....

<< <i><< Nice lot ...Bobby >> Thanks....anything to help the thread along....now if only others were so generous..... >>

I think he was talking about my lot.

<< <i>I think he was talking about my lot >>

Hard to tell....he is such a smart *ss.......

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Nice lot ...Bobby >>

Why don't you get in on this Kirk? image >>

Before I double dip...probably best to let others participate in taking....I really like the Gooden rookie.

• << <i>

<< <i>Nice lot ...Bobby >>

Thanks....anything to help the thread along....now if only others were so generous..... >>

Nothing like giving yourself a pat on the back, and continuing to cut others down in the same breath.

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In response to Kerryville, I've been waiting hopefully for some hockey cards to appear...

This is one of the best threads since I've been on the boards. Keep it positive!

-Nathanael

<< <i>Nothing like giving yourself a pat on the back, and continuing to cut others down in the same breath >>

Not meaning to....but seriously....I don't see him donating anything.......my interest in this hobby is for real. My generosity is for real. When he constantly attacks me, do I have no right to say/feel anything?
  • kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    The hockey will have Gordie, Orr, The Great One and a few autos.
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
    Bobby I did get the pleasure of donating this lot after taking Meteorite's lot.

Edit: took out pics not to confuse with current Lot.

<< <i>The hockey will have Gordie, Orr, The Great One and a few autos. >>

Upperdeck Hockey Heroes
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

<< <i>Bobby I did get the pleasure of donating this lot. >>

As well as just throwing in a shoe case for my Bo Jackson shoes. That was very generous.
    Kirk ... nice lot offered. Someone will pick that lot up fast ... and I hope they pay it forward with a lot that is just as nice ... if not better!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Kirk ... nice lot offered. Someone will pick that lot up fast ... and I hope they pay it forward with a lot that is just as nice ... if not better! >>

This lot is not available, I got it a couple weeks ago when Kirk offered it.

• << <i>

<< <i>Nothing like giving yourself a pat on the back, and continuing to cut others down in the same breath >>

Not meaning to....but seriously....I don't see him donating anything.......my interest in this hobby is for real. My generosity is for real. When he constantly attacks me, do I have no right to say/feel anything? >>

First off, I have played the game.....the right way. I took a nice lot, and IMO I paid forward a nice lot. Next, 90% of what you've done on this thread is b*tch and moan about the lots you don't think are good enough.

IMO you've done more harm than good to this thread, even with your recent act of kindness. I'm quite sure that there are people who have wanted to jump in, but haven't due to not wanting to be ripped apart if others feel thier lot is no good. You have driven most of that with all of your negative comments about some of the lots.

I mean, you ripped a guy, AND his kid about the lot they put up even though you were in no way involved. Calling it the "son rule".......yeah you're a real Saint.

EDIT: Just so you know, the guy and kid you ripped haven't posted on this thread (or any other thread that I've seen) since that all happened.....Nice work!

Hey Kirk, that was a killer lot and very generous.
  • BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    can we get this back on track? Bobby has a nice lot out there (love the Doc) waiting for a new home!
    Need PSA Indians/Browns

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's the lot I'm giving away.

image >>

Nice lot ...Bobby >>

Bump this awesome lot to the TOP.
  • I would like to make a new rule. All cards/items must have a photo. I recieved my lot today and its not at all what I expected. I somehow overlooked that the lot was changed to all Brewers cards from 1983. Its my loss for not seeing it, but with people copying and pasting pictures of other peoples lots and peoples nagging, I overlooked the change. Photos make things alot easier.

Dave

-the Indians fan with a stack of slabbed Brewers cards.

• << <i>I would like to make a new rule. All cards/items must have a photo. I recieved my lot today and its not at all what I expected. I somehow overlooked that the lot was changed to all Brewers cards from 1983. Its my loss for not seeing it, but with people copying and pasting pictures of other peoples lots and peoples nagging, I overlooked the change. Photos make things alot easier.

Dave

-the Indians fan with a stack of slabbed Brewers cards. >>

I am pretty sure your lot is coming in two parts, and part II will be what you were expecting.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

• << <i>

<< <i>I would like to make a new rule. All cards/items must have a photo. I recieved my lot today and its not at all what I expected. I somehow overlooked that the lot was changed to all Brewers cards from 1983. Its my loss for not seeing it, but with people copying and pasting pictures of other peoples lots and peoples nagging, I overlooked the change. Photos make things alot easier.

Dave

I am pretty sure your lot is coming in two parts, and part II will be what you were expecting. >>

I was expecting a PSA lot of Boggs, Ryan, Mattingly to name a few and a vintage card game, but instead I got Brewers. The lot from Bobby arrived Saturday with the Perez Steele autos as well as the other items he sent. I never saw anything about Brewers until I went back and reread the past 5 pages about an hour ago. All im saying is photos are our friends.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I would like to make a new rule. All cards/items must have a photo. I recieved my lot today and its not at all what I expected. I somehow overlooked that the lot was changed to all Brewers cards from 1983. Its my loss for not seeing it, but with people copying and pasting pictures of other peoples lots and peoples nagging, I overlooked the change. Photos make things alot easier.

Dave

I am pretty sure your lot is coming in two parts, and part II will be what you were expecting. >>

I was expecting a PSA lot of Boggs, Ryan, Mattingly to name a few and a vintage card game, but instead I got Brewers. The lot from Bobby arrived Saturday with the Perez Steele autos as well as the other items he sent. I never saw anything about Brewers until I went back and reread the past 5 pages about an hour ago. All im saying is photos are our friends. >>

Now I'm with ya. Got it.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one here....

....who thinks this thread is a complete frickin' mess???? image
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sir. And it had potential.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Am I the only one here....

....who thinks this thread is a complete frickin' mess???? image >>

Nope
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
    Having a photo is a rule, right there on the front page. But it's hard to be a jerk and police this when the things are free, you know?

If there was less discussion in the thread, it would be A LOT easier to see what is up for grabs. For example...

User A: Here is my lot of four '53 Topps in PSA 6. *photo*

User B: I'll take it! I'll PM you my address and post my lot when I get home from work.

User B: Here is my lot, a signed '76 George Brett and '83 Cal Ripken. *photo*

User C: I'll take it! I'll PM you my address and post my lot in the morning.

Etc, etc, etc...

Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe we should start a seperate thread if people feel the need to discuss...
    Gee, Lets start over. I have this lot up for FREE!!!!!

I added two more cards

Gooden 85 Topps Auto MJ and a Tim Duncan RC
    imageimage

• << <i>First off, I have played the game.....the right way. I took a nice lot, and IMO I paid forward a nice lot. Next, 90% of what you've done on this thread is b*tch and moan about the lots you don't think are good enough.

IMO you've done more harm than good to this thread, even with your recent act of kindness. I'm quite sure that there are people who have wanted to jump in, but haven't due to not wanting to be ripped apart if others feel thier lot is no good. You have driven most of that with all of your negative comments about some of the lots.

I mean, you ripped a guy, AND his kid about the lot they put up even though you were in no way involved. Calling it the "son rule".......yeah you're a real Saint.

EDIT: Just so you know, the guy and kid you ripped haven't posted on this thread (or any other thread that I've seen) since that all happened.....Nice work! >>

There are several legitimate reasons to take shots at Bobby. For example, the Lipset thread and some others I saw in the archives. But this certainly isn't one of them. This thread was dead, sitting 8+ days with no activity, and Bobby stepped up to the plate and got it going again. He donated a bunch of stuff from his collection with nothing asked for in return.

Look, I get it. You're a tough guy. You have tattoos. But to say that Bobby has done more harm here than good is just vile. I am truly embarrassed for you.

Also, I'm given to understand that your mother is overweight. Now of course if that is a result of a glandular condition and not sloth and gluttony, I withdraw that comment.
  • Maurice --- you and your 68 posts stay classy! Calling out peoples moms is childish and I have no reason to consider you anything but worthless to our forums.

As for Bobby, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. We need to chill out and respect each other. Bobby helped revive this thread and I am greatful for it.

I think people need to look at the lots their posting and ask themself "would I like to recieve this lot, or is it just stuff im trying to unload on someone". Maybe a dollar amount is whats needed to keep things on the level and keep people from complaining. Im not sure if I will get back involved in this thread because it just seems like the nagging, complaining and the fact people cant follow the rules ruin it for everyone.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    Oh Maurice....you are the Alt- DBOTW.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

• << <i>Maurice --- you and your 68 posts stay classy! Calling out peoples moms is childish and I have no reason to consider you anything but worthless to our forums. >>

He was just quoting Dr. Sheldon Cooper there. I doubt he meant it maliciously.

Aside from the fact that he felt the need to throw his shoulder out of the socket patting himself on the back about it, I do applaud the generous gesture by Bobby to kick-start the PIF thread. Here's the little applause guy to prove it.

Edited to correct weird line spacing issues
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, I'm given to understand that your mother is overweight. Now of course if that is a result of a glandular condition and not sloth and gluttony, I withdraw that comment. >>

The reference was poorly placed, but Sheldon quotes generally make me chuckle.
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Hey any POS who hasn't taken a PAY IT FORWARD group of items, or listed a group of items please get the fcuk out of this thread with your bullshiat butthurtness.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey any POS who hasn't taken a PAY IT FORWARD group of items, or listed a group of items please get the fcuk out of this thread with your bullshiat butthurtness. >>

Wow. Just wow.
    While that was a blunt way to say it...

PLEASE limit your comments to the new PAY IT FORWARD comments thread and leave this for the actual paying forward of cards. Thanks.