Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA Playoffs begin on Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2018 10:11PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    GS blew that game. They played their game to get back and go ahead 80 -70. Then went completely away from their game....not passing and throwing up crazy shots that had no chance going in.

Sorry Houston fans....that was a gift.

BS. Golden State ran out of gas and got beat. It's the way it work sometimes. Houston was the better team in crunch time, You are all about "blowing" it when your team loses instead of giving credit when and where it's due. It's not a flattering trait,

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

700 posts. The acrimony and truculence should easily get us to over 1000!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

just had to post this before bed. i get chills every time i watch it. guarantee you Draymond has never been banged on this hard in his life

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GH0xWSkSG0M

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    just had to post this before bed. i get chills every time i watch it. guarantee you Draymond has never been banged on this hard in his life

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GH0xWSkSG0M

Chris Webber’s reaction said it all

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Coinstartled said:

Can you imagine if garnettstyle followed hoops

m

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very exciting game. Houston played with the heart of a lion. All tied up. Houston back in control with home court advantage. Now a best of 3.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

Or Laura!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

and mark finally gets his close game. I only saw the last five minutes but it looked like a rough game.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    GS blew that game. They played their game to get back and go ahead 80 -70. Then went completely away from their game....not passing and throwing up crazy shots that had no chance going in.

Sorry Houston fans....that was a gift.

it's all about perception, Dimeman. i personally saw the Rockets unwilling to give up. it would have been VERY easy to do so, ALL things considered.

one could even say that Golden State was extremely fortunate to have a chance late in the game. Houston did not execute worth a damn, missed a slew of shots and scored ONE point in the last 2:27 of the game.

I completely understand your view and you should enjoy the win. I'm just saying that when GS gets away from their game plan like that......anyone can and will beat them. I am anxious to see how GS responds. I put a lot of the blame on that loss on coach Kerr....letting them play like that.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

I imagine of the four teams still playing not one would be capable of beating the Buckeyes.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 6:53AM

Looks like I missed a great Rockets win last night. Its pretty cool that both conference finals have now come down to a best of three series so I'll ask it again,leaving all previously documented predictions behind:
    Who do you guys have winning two out of the next three games and moving to the Finals?
    Boston or Cleveland?
    Warriors or Rockets?

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 6:53AM

keeping in mind that I only saw about the last six minutes I would assume that Iguadola being unavailable really hurt the Warriors. he was the Finals MVP as the 6th man a few years ago, his absence really hurt their rotations. he's a strong defensive player and he can score, too.

I looked at the box score and judging that I would have thought the Warriors won. both Teams shot poorly, under 40%, the difference being that Houston had more three's and were also +10 from the free throw line. the percentages always catch up to Teams and individuals. how long would you expect Kevin Durant to shoot 50%+ from the field?? with Curry going bananas in the 3rd quarter it isn't surprising that he slowed down in the 4th.

what is shocking, to me at least, is that Golden State scored 12 points in the 4th quarter at home!!! that's unbelievable but it reminds me of last years finals --- with the Warriors up 2-1 in Game 4 at Cleveland the Cavs went dead at the end of a close game. I think they scored nothing in the last 3:25 of the game.

that 4th quarter for Golden State may prove to be their undoing, the look on Klay Thompson's face after the game was utter disappointment.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 7:34AM

couple of stats i read this morning:

when Golden St. had a double-digit lead going into the 4th this year, they were 39-1. their only L was the very first game of the season.......against the Rockets at home.

when GS took a 12-point lead early in the 4th last night, they were a 95% favorite to win the game.

keets made an astute point about Iggy up above. they really missed him. also, Klay tweaked his knee in the 2nd and wasn't the same after that. but make no mistake, this game was all about sheer resilience. Houston's knees buckled on two separate occasions.......but they refused to go down. as Sanction said, heart of a lion.

their D in the 4th was the best i'd seen from them all season

• Options

last night's Rockets were the antithesis of the Team that crumbled last year. to have done that at Golden State in a pre-elimination game just amazes me.

• Options

I'm looking forward to the Celtics/Cavs game this evening. B)

• Options

The sky is falling in No. Cal.!!!!!!

Panic is setting in. It is not supposed to be tied 2-2!!!!!!

Whatever will GS do!!!!!!@ :)

• Options

@SanctionII said:

As GS put together a very decent but certainly unremarkable season, the opinion was, well everyone should be A-ok for the post season. Houston though is more A-ok.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

I'll have my better eye glued to the Caps-Lightning game 7

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

What are they playing! :);)B)o:)>:)

• Options

@SanctionII said:

All they (GS) has to do is play their game! Last night with the lead they started playing Houston (ISO) ball! WTF!

If they stick to their game....no way Houston wins a game.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

the caps are going to choke, I just saved you a few hours .

• Options

I'm going to watch the survivor finale instead of the game tonight B)

• Options

End of Q3 and the thread is quiet as John Podesta the morning after the election.

• Options

I’ve only watched the second half. Some terrible basketball

m

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 8:00PM

I feel like I'm watching charlie brown and every one on the away team is Linus and they left their security blankets at home. I can't shoot on the road , I can't pass on the road , I can't coach on the road oh no :'(

edited to add , WTF :D this is brutal

edited again to add Rozier should only dress in Boston

edited again to add Kevin Love should shave or something he looks like a pedophile , :D

• Options

Eric must be on the horn with keets

m

• Options

through 5 games im not sure ive learned a damn thing about either one of these teams

• Options

As non competitive as the games have been the Conference Finals have been a ratings bonanza. They have the right teams

mark

• Options

that was ugly with a Capital U.

after shooting lights out from the arc in the first half the Celtics went cold and actually ended up shooting worse than the Cavs from the floor for the whole game, pretty hard to believe. the Cavs sealed their own fate with some terrible, terrible, terrible passing and ball handling, way too many turnovers. I thought Lebron for some reason forced quite a few passes when he should have been finishing drives. oh well.

once again Cleveland started out and couldn't "throw it in the ocean" from the arc. the real killer and where the game was won --- the free throw line. Boston was almost perfect and Cleveland was almost 50%, which is ridiculous.

it's hard to figure how these Teams have so much trouble winning on the road.

• Options

Does it go 7 or do the Celtics figure out a way to win a game on the road? It's probably a moot point since they are fighting over who gets to lose to the Warriors in the Finals.

• Options

Jon, if this years playoffs have taught me anything it is that Home Court Advantage is real in the NBA, at least it has been in the East. it looks like it might be in the West, also, which means that the Conference Champ may be Houston.

look at the East:
    --- Boston won against Milwaukee without winning a road game, so we didn't get a clear picture of who was better.
    --- Cleveland won against Indiana after they each won a road game, even less of a clear idea of who was better.

in round one it's fair to say if the losing Team had Home Court advantage they may have advanced. round two was clearer and the better Team won each series. now we get to Cleveland and Boston where it looks like Boston will advance because they have Home Court Advantage. I accept that based on the way the NBA has everything designed, but it doesn't really tell us who the clearly better Team is, only who played more home games. FWIW, Golden State has proven over the last three years that it doesn't really matter where they play, or who.

the West finals are shaping up the same way. Houston and Golden State have each won on the road.

I would prefer a clear cut winner. in the East I would prefer Boston to win Game 6 or Cleveland to win Games 6-7. in the West it's the same, I would prefer the winner to be whichever Team can win on the road better than the other, something we might find out tonight.

• Options

With the current team that the Warriors have I don't see anyone beating them, but themselves. By that I mean as long as they play their pass the ball around and get a good shot as opposed to everyone standing around and watching someone playing ISO ball, which is Houston's game...they are just too good. But as we saw in game 4....they can give a game away. To me Houston is the worst team of the 4 playing because of their style of play. I don't like Harden's game at all. All he wants to do is pretend he is Lebron and bull his way to the basket. The difference between him and James is that James usually finishes and Harden usually ends up on the floor! And when I played BBall that was always a charge!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    With the current team that the Warriors have I don't see anyone beating them, but themselves. By that I mean as long as they play their pass the ball around and get a good shot as opposed to everyone standing around and watching someone playing ISO ball, which is Houston's game...they are just too good. But as we saw in game 4....they can give a game away. To me Houston is the worst team of the 4 playing because of their style of play. I don't like Harden's game at all. All he wants to do is pretend he is Lebron and bull his way to the basket. The difference between him and James is that James usually finishes and Harden usually ends up on the floor! And when I played BBall that was always a charge!

Let's see. The series is 2-2 ( so they have lost twice already) and the Warriors are playing the team with the best record in the NBA. Sure. The Rockers have no chance.

So when the Rockets win its because Golden State gave them the games. When Golden St wins its because they are better. It's no wonder I rarely agree with anything you say.

I don't know if Houston will win the next two of three but it they shoot the ball well and D up they can. FYI The Rockets are favorites tonight. As a fan I'm hoping for a close game. I love both teams for different reasons.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Let's see. The series is 2-2 ( so they have lost twice already) and the Warriors are playing the team with the best record in the NBA. Sure. The Rockers have no chance.

So when the Rockets win its because Golden State gave them the games. When Golden St wins its because they are better. It's no wonder I rarely agree with anything you say.

I don't know if Houston will win the next two of three but it they shoot the ball well and D up they can. FYI The Rockets are favorites tonight. As a fan I'm hoping for a close game. I love both teams for different reasons.

m

It's not just me Mark.....listen to the guys on the pregame. These are ex all star players that know more about the game than we the fans do. ISO ball will not beat the Warriors unless they get stupid and start playing that way also.

The Warriors have more talent and weapons than the other 3 teams.....that's a fact.

• Options

no one doubts that the Warriors are the best Team, have the best players and are favorites to repeat. the catch is that they still need to play the games and things don't always go as planned.

for the record, I don't really like the iso-ball style that Houston favors because I feel Cleveland uses it too much. there is a difference, though. Houston uses it as their mainstay, Cleveland uses it when they can get the right switch and at the end of games to waste clock. further, I don't believe that the Warriors played like they did because they were trying to beat Houston at their own game. it had more to do with how players were playing and the Houston defense. sometimes you have to take what is available to you.

• Options

jason Tatum can't be the best player on the floor if Cleveland expects to win this series

mark

• Options

Boston presents problems because they don't have any one player who will regularly score 25-30 points, they have six guys who usually score 15 but can go off. sometimes all that can be done is guard as well as you can and hope the shots don't fall, bank on the percentages. I think the bigger problem for Cleveland is Baynes, he is a force under the basket and rarely misses a put back. he boxes out well.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2018 10:57AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

It's not just me Mark.....listen to the guys on the pregame. These are ex all star players that know more about the game than we the fans do. ISO ball will not beat the Warriors unless they get stupid and start playing that way also.

The Warriors have more talent and weapons than the other 3 teams.....that's a fact.

BS. Houston has found a way to beat GS four times this year. It wasn't just Golden State beating themselves 4 games. It was Houston doing the beating.

The team with the most talent doesn't always win. It's why they toss the ball up.

mark

• Options

Two of the Houston wins over GS this year (Game 1 of the regular season; and Game 4 of the playoffs) involved GS having a double digit lead in the second half/fourth quarter and Houston making a run to win by 1 point (Kevin Durant's game winning basket was waived off as having been shot after the game clock reached 0:00) and 3 points (when Curry's game tying 3 point shot missed as time expired).

No doubt Houston has the ability to win the WCF this year and dethrone GS.

Plenty of drama remains in this series and I think it would be great to see it unfold as follows:

Game 5 - Houston wins a nail biter;

Game 6 - GS wins a nail biter; and

Game 7 - Houston or GS wins on a last second shot in triple overtime.

• Options

Kevin, maybe you read my thoughts above about the East. I will say that in the West it is strange that no one has won two in a row. if Houston wins tonight it might signal the end of GS and even if they don't the edge will be to Houston. it is the strange phenomenon that happens in any sport during a long series like this. Teams figure stuff out about each other and learn how to take advantage of flaws and tendencies.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

BS. Houston has found a way to beat GS four times this year. It wasn't just Golden State beating themselves 4 games. It was Houston doing the beating.

The team with the most talent doesn't always win. It's why they toss the ball up.

mark

If CS sticks to their game....they win the West. I just don't like Houston's game. I actually like the Cav's game better than Houston's.

We will see how the games go......that's why the play them.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2018 1:18PM

Glad that the 4 day breaks are over and we are getting a game each evening.

• Options

so am I but I need some rest! :(

• Options

@keets said:
    so am I but I need some rest! :(

I like the game a night schedule. :)B)

• Options

it wears on me after a few nights. I'm up at 5am so getting to bed after midnight 2-3-4 nights in a row is a bit too much but I struggle through it. last night I cashed it in when there was still about 5-6 minutes left in the game, no miracle on the horizon.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2018 6:13PM

For those wondering why Korver played so little last night. Stevens throws Lue a curveball

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-kyle-140002960.html

• Options

GS is now a 1.5 point fav tonight.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    For those wondering why Korver played so little last night. Stevens thows Lue a curveball

How do you "thows" a curveball?? ;)B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    For those wondering why Korver played so little last night. Stevens thows Lue a curveball

Good one

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

Good one

m

Sorry man....I had to do it......for all the times I have been hit for spelling. ;)