Options

2018 NFL Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did Buffalo trade down?? Chicago and SF were not going QB

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the C's game on my pc,the draft on my tablet and you guys on my phone,if my internet goes down i'll be screaming bloody murder ;)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I think they traded up because they were worried that someone else would instead

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I forgot about Miami being before them too. Mark you were right on about Chubb, hard to believe we saw a record 4 QB’s go in top 10

• Options

Chubb went to the one place i was hoping wouldn't take him.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    Investing that much in a RB is foolish, they get hurt and to tie up that much money in that position is tough. RB’s are out there, the OL is far more important to a team being able to run than a 3 down back

Exactly.

Giants will pick a QB or Chubb at #2

The Browns will take a QB at #1 - that's a given, knowledgeable football fans all understand this by now. If it's the QB that the Giants wanted, then I think the Giants will take Chubb instead of a QB. However if in the Giants evaluation they still really like the second best QB in the draft, then it's a tougher call, and they might go QB at #2.

Good thing SteveK stopped betting..

I guess you failed to notice my unwavering posts in every thread that the Browns were going to take a QB at #1. If i'm remembering right, you recommended the Browns should take Barkley.

Anyway, your Jets made the proper pick with a QB, as I recommended they do.

I said the Giants would draft Barkley weeks ago. You insisted they would not. LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2018 6:25PM

@grote15 said:
    If the Browns are smart and stay pat, they should draft Barkley at #1 and the best of the remaining top 4 QBs at #4.

I think if the Browns pass on Barkley, the Giants will grab him at #2.

See my post from March 20 above. B)

The Browns should have drafted Barkley at #1 and then the best of the two remaining QBs at #4 (assuming the Giants and Jets both drafted QBs in that case), but they are the Browns.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2018 6:26PM

@perkdog said:

They traded up from 12 to draft Allen.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I don't care how good Barkley may be, the Giants are choosing a quarterback, and it's time to stop the debate on this - it's already etched in stone.

The Giants will draft a QB at #2, and it will be an interesting camp seeing the two QBs compete.

Well that sure was interesting - any debate about the Giants taking Barkley at this point is officially over.

Ya gotta wonder whether Barkley may fall as low as pick #7 with the Bucs?

We all know historically about the Giants focus on defense, so now it certainly does appear that they will select Chubb.

congratulations...........you just made Rob Deer cringe

• Options

I don’t think the two best NFL QB’s have been picked yet.

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@perkdog said:

Yup...they got the racist Twitter guy. That team will never get off their knees.

• Options

Are the Saints trading up to take Lamar Jackson?

m

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 6:45PM

Guess not. They traded a 2019 first round pick and more to move up 13 spots? They most love him ( Davenport )

m

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    Investing that much in a RB is foolish, they get hurt and to tie up that much money in that position is tough. RB’s are out there, the OL is far more important to a team being able to run than a 3 down back

Exactly.

The Browns will take a QB at #1 - that's a given, knowledgeable football fans all understand this by now. If it's the QB that the Giants wanted, then I think the Giants will take Chubb instead of a QB. However if in the Giants evaluation they still really like the second best QB in the draft, then it's a tougher call, and they might go QB at #2.

Good thing SteveK stopped betting..

I guess you failed to notice my unwavering posts in every thread that the Browns were going to take a QB at #1. If i'm remembering right, you recommended the Browns should take Barkley.

Anyway, your Jets made the proper pick with a QB, as I recommended they do.

I said the Giants would draft Barkley weeks ago. You insisted they would not. LOL..

Yea, but I was wrong because I thought the Giants were smarter than that. LOL

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Guess not. They traded a 2019 first round pick and more to move up 13 spots? They most love him

m

That was quite a price to pay.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@grote15 said:
    If the Browns are smart and stay pat, they should draft Barkley at #1 and the best of the remaining top 4 QBs at #4.

I think if the Browns pass on Barkley, the Giants will grab him at #2.

See my post from March 20 above. B)

The Browns should have drafted Barkley at #1 and then the best of the two remaining QBs at #4 (assuming the Giants and Jets both drafted QBs in that case), but they are the Browns.

Actually, things just changed, but you haven't noticed yet. The Browns have gotten wiser, the Giants have digressed.

It's an understandable mistake by the Giants. Historically when a team has had great success with a QB, as Eli has won two Super Bowls, then the team often winds up holding on to that QB for too long and the team suffers as a result. The Giants are just the latest in that regard.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@grote15 said:

@perkdog said:

Yup...they got the racist Twitter guy. That team will never get off their knees.

The opposing team in every game he ever plays in, will have those tweet quotes on their bulletin board.

• Options

The tweet thing was from high school, I don’t think it’s a big a deal as most people, I’m actually hoping the irrelevant Bills do well with him, a buddy of mine is from Buffalo and is hardcore Bills Mafia, once the Pats regress I’m rooting for the Bills to actually win one.

• Options

The Cowboys are actually going to have a shot at Ridley or Moore at WR it looks like

m

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

I don't care how good Barkley may be, the Giants are choosing a quarterback, and it's time to stop the debate on this - it's already etched in stone.

The Giants will draft a QB at #2, and it will be an interesting camp seeing the two QBs compete.

Well that sure was interesting - any debate about the Giants taking Barkley at this point is officially over.

Ya gotta wonder whether Barkley may fall as low as pick #7 with the Bucs?

We all know historically about the Giants focus on defense, so now it certainly does appear that they will select Chubb.

congratulations...........you just made Rob Deer cringe

I just addressed this...the Giants made a mistake and I pointed out why.

Things can sometimes change quickly in the NFL, and the Giants have digressed even further than I thought.

Actually, i am quite happy that i was wrong about the Giants. I am very happy the Giants took Barkley...so i get the last laugh. LOL

• Options

@perkdog said:
    The tweet thing was from high school, I don’t think it’s a big a deal as most people, I’m actually hoping the irrelevant Bills do well with him, a buddy of mine is from Buffalo and is hardcore Bills Mafia, once the Pats regress I’m rooting for the Bills to actually win one.

I don't overall disagree with ya, something immaturely stupid like that shouldn't follow him around and ruin his entire life...but the fact is it will harm his life to some degree, especially in the NFL.

• Options

@perkdog said:

That social media crap is a pox. Thank God we have this place!

;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I don't overall disagree with ya, something immaturely stupid like that shouldn't follow him around and ruin his entire life...but the fact is it will harm his life to some degree, especially in the NFL.

If he is truly a racist and has hate in his heart it will catch up to him. If it was a stupid young punk move which I think it was he will overcome it quickly. Unless he sucks ; )

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

If he is truly a racist and has hate in his heart it will catch up to him. If it was a stupid young punk move which I think it was he will overcome it quickly. Unless he sucks ; )

m

I looked up a couple of the tweets. Sounds likes stuff he picked up off rap albums.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

I looked up a couple of the tweets. Sounds likes stuff he picked up off rap albums.

Trying to fit in and be cool. I hope that’s it. Probably is.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

Well he sure picked a bad time in the NFL's history considering the protests and also a bad workplace environment considering the racial makeup of the NFL to come into a job with comments like that attached to him. He is going to have a rough go of it. But i guess he figures if it doesn't work out, he will walk away with around ten million dollars or so and live happily ever after, so I doubt if he's all too worried about it.

Frankly, I think it's a terrible pick for what the Bills are giving up, the money and draft picks.

We shall see how it works out.

• Options

new Titans coach Mike Vrabel just jumped the Pats and stole their LB from Alabama :'(

• Options

Steelers sent Martavius Bryant to the raiders for a 3rd

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 7:53PM

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

Well he sure picked a bad time in the NFL's history considering the protests and also a bad workplace environment considering the racial makeup of the NFL to come into a job with comments like that attached to him. He is going to have a rough go of it. But i guess he figures if it doesn't work out, he will walk away with around ten million dollars or so and live happily ever after, so I doubt if he's all too worried about it.

Frankly, I think it's a terrible pick for what the Bills are giving up, the money and draft picks.

The protests are over blown. Those who want it promote that agenda pound that point. Tweets no longer matter. No one takes them too seriously. Those who use Twitter to communicate are usually morons. Black players are used to real racists. I doubt this kid is.

mark

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 7:55PM

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

This is a non-story, imo...it won't have any effect on him whatsoever.

• Options

The guard the Pats just drafted is gonna be used at Left Tackle.

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 7:59PM

I’m actually glad the Pats went OL, sure the LB would have been good but outside CB/S I think them going best OL available instead won’t ever hurt.

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 8:02PM

In other news Martavis Bryant ttaded to the Raiders for a 3rd round pick

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

The protests are over blown. Those who want it promote that agenda pound that point. Tweets no longer matter. No one takes them too seriously. Those who use Twitter to communicate are usually morons. Black players are used to real racists. I doubt this kid is.

mark

The Eagles suffered with Riley Cooper on their team, i am convinced of that.

I don't feel like regurgitating the whole story about Riley Cooper and his racist comments, suffice to say the NFL is a rough business, and whether Josh Allen deserves it or not, those racist remarks he made, in my opinion, are going to negatively affect his NFL career, and I think badly.

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 8:04PM

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

mark

I don't feel like regurgitating the whole story about Riley Cooper and his racist comments, suffice to say the NFL is a rough business, and whether Josh Allen deserves it or not, those racist remarks he made, in my opinion, are going to negatively affect his NFL career, and I think badly.

One, Riley Cooper was a marginal WR. Two, his incident was much more offensive. There is no comparison between these situations. You're batting a thousand tonight, Steve, lol..

• Options

Riley Cooper acted up while he was well into his NFL career and caused that all himself, A stupid tweet from high school is a waaaaaay different story. Steve your absolutely wrong to compare Cooper to this kid

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 8:12PM

@perkdog said:
    Riley Cooper acted up while he was well into his NFL career and caused that all himself, A stupid tweet from high school is a waaaaaay different story. Steve your absolutely wrong to compare Cooper to this kid

Steve is still working off his Super Bowl hang over. He gets a pass but my that was a reach

m

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

mark

One, Riley Cooper was a marginal WR. Two, his incident was much more offensive. There is no comparison between these situations. You're batting a thousand tonight, Steve, lol..

Tim, you're not quite grasping the situation again. Yes Cooper was a marginal receiver, but the situation with Josh Allen is much more magnified because he is the team's quarterback, therefore it will have much more of an impact on the team.

Perhaps Josh Allen's comment was less offensive, but it was still an offensive remark...and it will not be forgotten anytime soon.

• Options

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

m

mark

Tim, you're not quite grasping the situation again. Yes Cooper was a marginal receiver, but the situation with Josh Allen is much more magnified because he is the team's quarterback, therefore it will have much more of an impact on the team.

Perhaps Josh Allen's comment was less offensive, but it was still an offensive remark...and it will not be forgotten anytime soon.

If you keep bringing it up all the time it won’t

m

• Options

I wonder how Dimeman feels about the Cowboys drafting a Dutch soccer player in the first round

mark

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 8:26PM

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

Steve is still working off his Super Bowl hang over. He gets a pass but my that was a reach

m

LOL..indeed. The Phillies unexpected success may also be a factor.

Also for those not aware, there is a significant difference between using that term with the "a" at the end, which is (unfortunately) how many kids speak these days. That is very different from what Riley Cooper said. There is no debate about it, really. I'm assuming SteveK, as a member of the older generation, is unaware of these distinctions, which is understandable, so I will give him a pass on this one, too.

Like I said, it will be a non-story. In everyone's eyes except SteveK's that is, LOL..

• Options

Let me be the first to say I’m not a Josh Rosen fan

m

• Options

@perkdog said:

Paul - It was a comparison only in the sense of what can happen with racist remarks from an NFL player.

Being an Eagles fan, I fully know the whole Riley Cooper story. It was non-stop for months with why did Chip Kelly keep him, should Cooper be cut, etc. Whatever anyone thinks of it, I have no doubt it hurt the team. My viewpoint was that Chip Kelly should have cut Riley Cooper immediately for those despicable remarks.

Josh Allen was in high school when he made his despicable remarks. He should have known better. And he will pay for it in the NFL, one way or the other, there is no doubt about it. It would be naive to think that certain players in the NFL will just roll over and forget about what Allen said.

Hey, it's a team in the AFC so I don't really give a chit that much. We'll see how it all plays out.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

m

A reach? You really believe that? I'm sure you noticed the NFL protests last season which were directly related to racism. The NFL is particularly sensitive to that subject right now.

Allen made racist remarks, that is a fact. Certain NFL players are not going to forgive him for that. And I predict that in some situations in some games, certain players are going to tee off on Allen...and penalties or fines be damned, they'll do it anyway.

It's tough enough to win games in the NFL without distractions. With distractions it is even tougher. The Buffalo Bills are about to find that out for as long as Josh Allen is on the team.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

m

LOL..indeed. The Phillies unexpected success may also be a factor.

Also for those not aware, there is a significant difference between using that term with the "a" at the end, which is (unfortunately) how many kids speak these days. That is very different from what Riley Cooper said. There is no debate about it, really. I'm assuming SteveK, as a member of the older generation, is unaware of these distinctions, which is understandable, so I will give him a pass on this one, too.

Like I said, it will be a non-story. In everyone's eyes except SteveK's that is, LOL..

I just googled...Josh Allen racism...674,000 hits. That sure doesn't sound like a non-story to me.

Anyway, the Bills are in the same division as your Jets. You should be glad that the Bills made a bad pick, and will have disruptions on their team which may result in losses. That could help your team when it comes to getting in the playoffs.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Love how the saints gave away 1st round pick to green bay....why?????

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Paul - It was a comparison only in the sense of what can happen with racist remarks from an NFL player.

Being an Eagles fan, I fully know the whole Riley Cooper story. It was non-stop for months with why did Chip Kelly keep him, should Cooper be cut, etc. Whatever anyone thinks of it, I have no doubt it hurt the team. My viewpoint was that Chip Kelly should have cut Riley Cooper immediately for those despicable remarks.

Josh Allen was in high school when he made his despicable remarks. He should have known better. And he will pay for it in the NFL, one way or the other, there is no doubt about it. It would be naive to think that certain players in the NFL will just roll over and forget about what Allen said.

Hey, it's a team in the AFC so I don't really give a chit that much. We'll see how it all plays out.

say the magic words "chip kelly" , three times and click your heels together and he may come back to coach again

• Options

Everyone happy with their team's picks? I'm glad NE made protecting Brady their first pick,that was their biggest need. I don't know anything about the RB they drafted with their second 1st but they only have one RB on the roster signed past this season so that position was a big need as well. Hopefully tonight brings some defense to the team.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

say the magic words "chip kelly" , three times and click your heels together and he may come back to coach again

Of all the dismal head coaches the Eagles ever had and fired...by far...Chip Kelly was the one I was most happy to see get run out of town.