Home Sports Talk
Options

2017-2018 PGA Tour season & all other things golf

123457»

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Would like to see him win, if for no other reason than to see the media machine in full throttle over the win.

Don't like the media overkill, but I would like to see a Tiger win as well...

But can he crack the Fed ex point wall?

This is a messed up tourney with the accumulated points factored in. Should be like the Olympics. You win the finals and you get the gold.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Would like to see him win, if for no other reason than to see the media machine in full throttle over the win.

Don't like the media overkill, but I would like to see a Tiger win as well...

But can he crack the Fed ex point wall?

This is a messed up tourney with the accumulated points factored in. Should be like the Olympics. You win the finals and you get the gold.

It will be that way next year.

• Options

I'm not a big fan of the handicapping planned for the final tournament next year, but at least it will be clear where everybody stands without all the ever shifting calculations mid-round.

Still T1 after day 2 with his Saturday magic yet to come. This weekend should be a ratings bonanza, might have to get the bulk of my yard work out of the way tonight.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

"He's" in the hunt. The advertisers are in a glorious,joyous mood.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Make Tiger great again..5 stroke lead. No idea if he can win the cup though. Any math geeks on the forum?

• Options

Here it is. If Woody wins and all these things occur.

• Bryson DeChambeau finishing tied for 15th or worse. (He is tied for 27th).

• Justin Rose finishing in a three-way tie for fifth or worse. (He is tied for first).

• Tony Finau finishing tied for third or worse. (He is tied for 10th).

• Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas finishing in a three-way tie for second or worse. (Johnson is tied for 15th, Thomas is tied for 4th).

• Keegan Bradley finishing tied for second or worse. (He is tied for 27th).

• Options

Yep, he needs Rose to have a really bad day to have a chance at winning the FedEx cup.

• Options

Congratulations to Justin Rose...Your 2018 FedEx Cup Champion!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a day. had my doubts that we'd ever witness a TW victory lap again, but it finally happened and i could not get enough. an absolutely surreal scene when he was walking up 18. gonna be some serious anticipation heading into '19.

and yes, congrats to J Rose. #1 ranked player in the world, and you can make the argument that he's the #1 ranked nice guy on tour. got his sig on a flag earlier this year and he couldn't have been more affable.

now, bring on the Ryder Cup. here's hoping that Philly Mick doesn't single-handedly *!#@ it up for our side!

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

If Tiger stays healthy he will win simple as that. I just don't think he will stay healthy.

Glad I was right about Tiger winning if he stayed healthy. Glad I was wrong that he wouldn't stay healthy. Hoping he manages to get through the Ryder Cup without any back issues. Golf is so much more interesting when he is playing well.

Also after hearing for the last 5 years that the young guns wouldn't crumble going head to head with Tiger, we all got to see what happened to Rory on Sunday.

Robb

• Options

and one other thing i'm sure you're glad about, @fergie23....

...the prices of his most coveted cards

can't remember -- do you own an '01 SP Auth Gold 10?

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

I own the regular 2001 SP Auth auto #/999 in PSA 9 and PSA 10.

Robb

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

No surprise here. Tiger is already the early favorite at 10-1 in Vegas for next years Masters.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    No surprise here. Tiger is already the early favorite at 10-1 in Vegas for next years Masters.

Wonder how much of a bath one would have taken wagering on Tiger in each major. Close to 40 losers since 2008. Won 14 of maybe 48 through 2008. When he won the Tiger slam of 4 straight, line was in the even money range.

• Options

Ryder Cup started off well with US up 3-1 after the morning round, but they got swept in the afternoon and now down 5-3. I'm guessing we'll see some strategy/pairings changes for tomorrow.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Wonder how much of a bath one would have taken wagering on Tiger in each major. Close to 40 losers since 2008. Won 14 of maybe 48 through 2008. When he won the Tiger slam of 4 straight, line was in the even money range.

One would be living in a van down by the river.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

One would be living in a van down by the river.

Well, since he didn't play at all in 14 of those 40 majors since 2008, yeah.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    Ryder Cup started off well with US up 3-1 after the morning round, but they got swept in the afternoon and now down 5-3. I'm guessing we'll see some strategy/pairings changes for tomorrow.

Looks like I guessed wrong for the morning rounds on the US side. Significant changes in the European pairings.

• Options
    edited September 29, 2018 1:11PM

There is no joy in Mudville...the Mighty Tiger has struck out.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Americans need to back off those long and wrong drives. Losing 20 to 30 yards and being in the fairway is a much better situation to be in.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

trippy stat alert: the last time Matt Kuchar & Lee Westwood won a golf tournament was 4/20/14.

on separate tracks, each won yesterday.

a Westwood sighting in the states has become very rare, but he played in Houston this past March/April and i was fortunate enough to get his auto. have yet to corral Kooch, but one day i will.

ecstatic for both. two very amicable dudes.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I am rooting for Cameron Champ since he's from SacTown. The kid hits it a mile! His rookie year is off to a decent start!

• Options

@larryallen73 said:
    I am rooting for Cameron Champ since he's from SacTown. The kid hits it a mile! His rookie year is off to a decent start!

is he from Sacramento? how the heck did he end up at A&M i wonder?

and yes, i was texting Larkin about him this past weekend. kid is the real deal.

• Options

Gaby Lopez scored her first career W this weekend too.

• Options

King Louis ended a long drought today. for my money, the sweetest swing on tour. hope this portends a big 2019 for him.

• Options

Ignoring Champ's results this weekend is a good call.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

he lost to a girl!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

he lost to a girl!

At least it was one of the more kicka$$ girls