Home Precious Metals
Options

deleted

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:
    any chance we get a 29-30 March bonus? I'm needing one for a couple of watched items o:)

I will be very surprised if we don't see another bonus buck offer tomorrow or Thursday. Ebay revenue must really be in the toilet this quarter. Never seen so many offers and coupons.

@Abuelo said:
    Yes, excluding coins. I think it's a matter of time before they exclude them from bucks too...

My fear as well. Was bad enough when they excluded bullion, luckily many sellers list bullion in coins. I believe coin category is next to be excluded.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@SONOMOSCA said:
    @Barndog - Got this offer from Ebay. Max discount is capped at $50, As long as your not looking for items in the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories you should be good to go!

Not that great of a deal but should pass it on. Arkansassilver has random 1/10 oz AGE listed outside the coins category. Price is high, $163.98 but you can use the 15% coupon, plus if you buy 2 you get $1.00 off plus regular ebay bucks. So 2 x 163.98 = $326.96 - $49.04 coupon, - $1 multiple item discount so net cost $138.96 each, then you earn $3.27 regular ebay bucks so final cost $137.32. Stacking math lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Random-Date-1-10-oz-American-Gold-Eagle-5-00-coin-BU-22K-999/192494208417?hash=item2cd18c85a1:g:cbIAAOSwgc1asX5f:sc:USPSFirstClass!16125!US!-1

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    bonus bucks are designed to stimulate buying. The less recent buying activity the greater the chance for the bonus offer.

On another message board where this was discussed, a poster said he called eBay and asked why he never got the Bux. He was apparently told that he didn't buy enough thru eBay.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude, thanks for that coupon info! Just used it for something I had been watching

• Options

@Barndog said:
    @blitzdude, thanks for that coupon info! Just used it for something I had been watching

Well your welcome but it was actually @SONOMOSCA that posted the 15% off coupon. I'm still holding out hope for bonus bucks tomorrow or Thursday. Glad you were able to use on something you have been watching.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't read that far back :#

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 8 percent for 2 days if you buy at least 50 dollars of stuff

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the heads up. 10% in App 8% everywhere else nice

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:

I got the same coupon offer, but it excluded coins and currency and a couple other categories.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    Yes, excluding coins. I think it's a matter of time before they exclude them from bucks too...

Why does it matter to eBay if you buy coins or bullion with eBay bucks?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

certain bullion dealers can only list their coins in the bullion category, it's in their contract, but they get a lower final value fees

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@Abuelo said:

Why does it matter to eBay if you buy coins or bullion with eBay bucks?

I really do not know. But bullion is excluded from all offers, and coins from some but not yet all of them.

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018 5:05AM

If Ebay was smart they would lift these restrictions on coins and bullion and see their sales sky rocket!

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat of what I posted over on the Coin forum. I purchased four.

$20 Liberty gold in PCGS MS-62 for $57.99 over melt.

https://ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PRICE-20-Liberty-Gold-Double-Eagle-MS-62-PCGS-Random-SKU-167287/142735210970?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

$100 in Ebay Bucks plus 3% more off (2% Credit Card and 1% Swabucks) brings them in around $80 under melt.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CCC2010 said:
    If Ebay was smart they would lift these restrictions on coins and bullion and see their sales sky rocket!

Fees are their income.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @OGIM

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

https://ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PRICE-20-Liberty-Gold-Double-Eagle-MS-62-PCGS-Random-SKU-167287/142735210970?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

$100 in Ebay Bucks plus 3% more off (2% Credit Card and 1% Swabucks) brings them in around $80 under melt.

The fact remains...You purchased those items at retail. However, you will receive a discount next month for future purchases....lets hope the same item(s) will still be available at today's price.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2018 8:47AM

@OPA said:

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

The fact remains...You purchased those items at retail. However, you will receive a discount next month for future purchases....lets hope the same item(s) will still be available at today's price.

After the 3% I'll receive as rebates from the Credit Card/Swagbucks my net was $17.75 over melt for $20 gold Liberty's in PCGS 62. That's hard to match at any coin show.

The $400 in ebay bucks I will collect in about a week will let me pick up a common $5 gold post 1984 commemorative for free plus I'll still have around $75 to spend on items that I would otherwise need to purchase with cash.

All told that hardly "retail".

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

@OPA said:

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

After the 3% I'll receive as rebates from the Credit Card/Swagbucks my net was $17.75 over melt for $20 gold Liberty's in PCGS 62. That's hard to match at any coin show.

The $400 in ebay bucks I will collect in about a week will let me pick up a common $5 gold post 1984 commemorative for free plus I'll still have around $75 to spend on items that I would otherwise need to purchase with cash.

Your current purchases are retail....but your future ones will be free bees...(You're forgetting, that you are not receiving any discounts on your current purchases from either ebay nor your credit card company.) Everything is for a future discount, if you are still alive ;) )

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Those ebay bucks are about a week away. I will take my chances on being alive.

My current purchases of gold $20's were at $17.75 over melt without considering ebay bucks. The $40.23 I will get back from the credit card/Swagbucks is not imaginary. I guess if you strain enough you can call that "retail".

I am glad that we can all agree that my discount for the $5 gold commemorative will be 100% .

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

EBay has been crazy with the coupons lately!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy "right priced" items that I would buy anyway from ebay sellers. You can't call it a discount unless you've essentially spent it already on right priced items.

With ebay giving bucks promos during the spending months, it makes right priced into better priced.

I'll be buying more gold and a puck with mine.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Scored a nice pair of Arcteryx pants!

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful OPA,

I agree with your path of thinking and stated it in another thread last month. Got jumped all over by a few zealots who think that "future ebucks are money off NOW" (in the case of OGIM, I think he is looking at it correctly as I believe he is counting the CC and other instant cashback as the "now" and the ebucks as the "gift coming up").

There were some good, recent, deals. I bought a few things myself....good near melt, 2% cashback CC, and then the ebucks which will be used next month.

@OPA said:

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

@OPA said:

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

Your current purchases are retail....but your future ones will be free bees...(You're forgetting, that you are not receiving any discounts on your current purchases from either ebay nor your credit card company.) Everything is for a future discount, if you are still alive ;) )

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    edited March 30, 2018 12:34PM

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

@OPA said:

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

This is exactly 100% correct. Show me ANYWHERE that I can buy slabbed 62 double eagles for $17.75 over melt. This is already below retail without even factoring in the ebay bucks. Now the $100 in free bucks that will go to another gold purchase in less than 2 days, well that right there makes it a no brainer. I think some dealers get a bit upset over these deals because they obviously can't compete and as a result feel they are losing business. On the flipside it's absolutely wonderful for we the consumer, #Winning. lol

Edit: Disclaimer, I didn't even hop on the above mentioned double eagle deal because I was already tapped out from the phenomenal $10 eagle deals / bonuses from a few weeks back. It was still a no brainer.

• Options

don't plan on another e bucks bonus offer until May 2nd. e bay doesn't like people using e bucks on promos

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    don't plan on another e bucks bonus offer until May 2nd. e bay doesn't like people using e bucks on promos

I actually hope this holds true. Need about a month to replenish my powder lol.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

Its not true , I had an ebay bucks thread before the forum update where I was listing the dates and percentages and there would be at least one sometimes 2 offers in the first month of the quarter.

It got to be a pain in the a$$ to keep up with the thread after the new forum software. Mainly because it used to bring you to the first post but now it just shows the unread posts that are new

• Options

I'm a now zealot

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I'll be getting my eBay Bucks tomorrow just curious, do you earn eBay Bucks on purchases you make using eBay Bucks as payment?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

@tommy44 said:
    Since I'll be getting my eBay Bucks tomorrow just curious, do you earn eBay Bucks on purchases you make using eBay Bucks as payment?

sure do

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question - when you set up a second account, do you use the same email address or do you need a new email?

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you buy gift cards on eBay with eBay Bucks?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:
    Can you buy gift cards on eBay with eBay Bucks?

You can, and I did.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:
    Question - when you set up a second account, do you use the same email address or do you need a new email?

Personally, I didn't. I like to keep them separate anyway, so as to calm any confusion. Not sure if you can use the same email or not, as I wanted to keep some separation from the get-go. I do use the same paypal and email connection to that.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Ebay gift cards cannot be used in the coins and paper money category.

Just a FYI

• Options

@hchcoin said:

I used separate emails for creating additional ebay accounts but have them all linked to the same paypal email for my payments.

Back when my primary account stopped getting the bonus offers I created a second account with same email and it never got the bonus offers either. So just to play safe I would suggest using a different email.

Ironically enough that primary account that stopped getting the bonus offers over 3 years ago just started getting them again about halfway through this last quarter, but that's another story.

• Options

you can use any existing paypal account to pay for an ebay purchase. Just log into that account when making the payment.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

I am getting impatient

Are we overdue?

• Options

seldom see them after the payout

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

e bay usually pushes the bonus bucks in the 2nd and 3rd month of the quarter. we are in the first month, so probably see one towards end of April, beginning of May

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    e bay usually pushes the bonus bucks in the 2nd and 3rd month of the quarter. we are in the first month, so probably see one towards end of April, beginning of May

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@coinpalice said:

+1

Yeah rarely see a bonus offer prior to ebay buck expiration date (May 2nd in this case) although I do seem to recall it happening a time or two.

• Options

I've only seen it 2 times, where a e bay promo come up and was able to use e bucks, it's like a double down

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

8% Ebucks buy or sell with no minimum purchase until 4/20.
    Ebay's ears must have been ringing! lol

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Nothing for me this time. Their algorithms must have me on the outs this quarter. lol

• Options

wow, just got the buy or sell too for 8 percent. very unusual to get the sell too on first month of quarter

• Options

Primary account didn't get it, new account did. Wish I would have saved my ebay bucks but already spent. Oh well, time to start accumulating again.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

I set up an additional account about 10 days ago and made 2 purchases from the account hoping I would get an offer but no luck. Now I have 2 accounts that don't get eBay buck special offers :'(