Home Precious Metals
Options

deleted

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

My power seller account of 17 years has not received a bonus offer for over 2 years now. I used to hit the $500 quarterly max with those bonus offers.

Decided to finally create a second ebay account 3 weeks ago and bam, today 8% bonus offer. Glad the new account got it but still don't understand why the original account stopped receiving.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    My power seller account of 17 years has not received a bonus offer for over 2 years now. I used to hit the $500 quarterly max with those bonus offers.

Decided to finally create a second ebay account 3 weeks ago and bam, today 8% bonus offer. Glad the new account got it but still don't understand why the original account stopped receiving.

My selling only account never gets it. My buying account gets most every one.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:
    10% using the app for me.

Me too...

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

8% 3 days buying and selling no minimum

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2018 9:13PM

@MsMorrisine said:

Yep just got it. Thanks for the heads up. Nothing for years now twice in one month.

Edit: Apmex does have random $10 liberty gold eagles (XF) for $665 and bucks eligible. So you get $53 back, that's a $10 lib for $612 with current melt at $646. Will be a common date XF coin but almost half an ounce of gold for $34 under spot. Not bad in my opinion.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm.. got the offer but only for buying.... does not include selling items?

----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Yep just got it. Thanks for the heads up. Nothing for years now twice in one month.

Edit: Apmex does have random $10 liberty gold eagles (XF) for $665 and bucks eligible. So you get $53 back, that's a $10 lib for $612 with current melt at $646. Will be a common date XF coin but almost half an ounce of gold for $34 under spot. Not bad in my opinion.

Can't argue with that! That's always good!

----- kj
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

8% selling or buying make an offer :)

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

10% ebucks using app, 8% on the site minimum $50 until 2/22.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

8% app / 6% online and $25 min.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Holy moly, 3rd time this month.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always see that kind of logic, but , while I think it can be a good deal, and I have done them like that as well, let me frame it a little differently....

Buying gold and getting the ebucks for it, doesn't make "the price of that gold" go down. What is DOES do, is it gives you some fun money to buy something ELSE GOING FORWARD. So, that gold was still $655. Now, you have $53 to spend on something else going forward. You can then REDUCE THAT item when you buy it. You can't, imho, logically, reduce that first one you bought that "earned" you the ebucks.

Reason I say that is that, if you don't use it, it goes away...but you still spent that initial $655.

@blitzdude said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@Bochiman said:
    I always see that kind of logic, but , while I think it can be a good deal, and I have done them like that as well, let me frame it a little differently....

Buying gold and getting the ebucks for it, doesn't make "the price of that gold" go down. What is DOES do, is it gives you some fun money to buy something ELSE GOING FORWARD. So, that gold was still $655. Now, you have $53 to spend on something else going forward. You can then REDUCE THAT item when you buy it. You can't, imho, logically, reduce that first one you bought that "earned" you the ebucks.

Reason I say that is that, if you don't use it, it goes away...but you still spent that initial $655.

@blitzdude said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Yeah I see and agree with exactly what you are saying. I do always use my earned bucks to buy more metal so eventually I get the $53 on next metal purchase. Maybe it's not a free $53 but certainly a free $34 at that point. If I'm lucky I can use those earned bucks in conjunction with a new bonus buck offer.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Yeah I see and agree with exactly what you are saying. I do always use my earned bucks to buy more metal so eventually I get the $53 on next metal purchase. Maybe it's not a free $53 but certainly a free $34 at that point. If I'm lucky I can use those earned bucks in conjunction with a new bonus buck offer.

And, that's what I try to do as well....eventually, it is a nice savings, at some point, as long as one is rational about it

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The real bonus is the bucks for selling.

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Lucky. Haven’t seen one in about a couple years. I guess I either need to buy more or less

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

10% in eBay Bucks on every Qualifying Item of $50 or more
    The Promotion starts at 5‍:‍0‍0‍A‍M P‍T on Fe‍b‍r‍u‍a‍ry‍ 2‍7, 2‍0‍1‍8 and ends at 1‍1‍:5‍9‍P‍M P‍T on F‍e‍b‍ru‍ary 2‍8, 2‍0‍1‍8

Holy moly, 4th one this month. Afraid my bucks are about maxed out for the quarter. :'(

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    The Promotion starts at 5‍:‍0‍0‍A‍M P‍T on Fe‍b‍r‍u‍a‍ry‍ 2‍7, 2‍0‍1‍8 and ends at 1‍1‍:5‍9‍P‍M P‍T on F‍e‍b‍ru‍ary 2‍8, 2‍0‍1‍8

Holy moly, 4th one this month. Afraid my bucks are about maxed out for the quarter. :'(

Wish I had that problem. Like a poster above, I can't figure out of I need to buy more or less.

• Options

@Pachucko said:

@blitzdude said:

Wish I had that problem. Like a poster above, I can't figure out of I need to buy more or less.

None of the above. I tried everything from power selling, heavy buying, no buying for months etc, Started additional account and the bonus offers were immediate. Old account doesn't get squat.

• Options

2017 Gold Panda 3 grams for well under spot with CC and 10% ebucks! I'd get a few but my 10% offer is for the Dell store only. How that happened I have no idea!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-China-Gold-Panda-3-g-50-Yuan-BU-Mint-Sealed/371814622877?_trkparms=5079:5000006556

• Options

i have 4 accounts and no offer on any of them. Last offer came in on all 4 accounts

• Options

Earn 8% eBay Bucks in the App Or 6% onsite. Two days only! Minimum $25 purchase. The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on March 6, 2018 and ends at 11:59PM PT on March 7, 2018

My bucks are maxed out for the quarter why do they keep sending bonus offers???

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

6% for me until 11:59 PM March 7th. First offer I ever received.

What should I buy?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

I received the last 10% one, used it.
    Received the 6% (whether computer or phone app). Haven't used it.

My other account, -$130 ebucks (in the hole!), received a $10 off $30+ coupon. Go figure (I'm not complaining)

• Options
  • Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

I received the ap offer.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2018 8:26PM

Not bonus bucks but did receive 20% off coupon (use code pspring20 at checkout). Will discount up to $100 off so you can make a $500 purchase and instantly receive $100 off. Now the problem, coins and paper money, gift card and real estate categories excluded.

I did find a seller with rolls of 90% silver quarters in Collectibles>Banks, Registers & Vending>Cash Registers> category. Charging $132 a roll + $4.11 shipping so $136.11 but $108.65 after discount. Not great, melt is right at $120 a roll but still under spot once coupon is applied plus you get the measly 1% ebay bucks. He had sold about 25 rolls in previous auction but just put up another, about 40 rolls remaining. Should also mention description clearly says not numismatic so that tells me probably pretty worn coins. Good feedback and moves a lot of product though. Anyway if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362265118661

And hurry offer expires at 8PM tonight PST, and don't forget to apply code at checkout.

Edit: They sold those 50 rolls, new link 50 more:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362265233009?ViewItem=&item=362265233009

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Not bonus bucks but did receive 20% off coupon (use code pspring20 at checkout). Will discount up to $100 off so you can make a $500 purchase and instantly receive $100 off. Now the problem, coins and paper money, gift card and real estate categories excluded.

I did find a seller with rolls of 90% silver quarters in Collectibles>Banks, Registers & Vending>Cash Registers> category. Charging $132 a roll + $4.11 shipping so $136.11 but $108.65 after discount. Not great, melt is right at $120 a roll but still under spot once coupon is applied plus you get the measly 1% ebay bucks. He had sold about 25 rolls in previous auction but just put up another, about 40 rolls remaining. Should also mention description clearly says not numismatic so that tells me probably pretty worn coins. Good feedback and moves a lot of product though. Anyway if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362265118661

And hurry offer expires at 8PM tonight PST, and don't forget to apply code at checkout.

Thanks for the idea about the coupon B) I was without power for 6 days this past week so instead of bullion I bought this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Cases-of-APACK-MREs-Inspect-date-8-20/192404331952?hash=item2ccc311db0:g:MHcAAOSwWHBaN~1O

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Thanks for the idea about the coupon B) I was without power for 6 days this past week so instead of bullion I bought this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Cases-of-APACK-MREs-Inspect-date-8-20/192404331952?hash=item2ccc311db0:g:MHcAAOSwWHBaN~1O

Ah yes good old MREs. Once upon a time I lived off those things, 7+ months. Can't remember eating one without sand as an added condiment. These days we can a large majority of our food. I guess a good deal on mason jars would get me all fired up. Don't worry about power loss too much but certainly a good idea to have some food in reserve just in case.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Code pspring20 worked nicely for some Priority Mail Postage I can use for my business.

Final cost after ebay bucks-credit card rebate-20% off the top was 46% of face value.

• Options

8% ebay bonus bucks offer 3/15-3/17

• Options
    edited March 15, 2018 3:08PM

Yes sir and my new account was maxed out but suddenly my main account that hasn't seen an offer in over 3 years received the offer. Go figure, party time again!

Also Apmex has XF $10 Indians for $37.99 over melt. $54.07 earned with the bonus bucks. Nothing like a $10 indian under melt, even if only XF.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PRICE-10-Indian-Gold-Eagle-XF-Random-Year-SKU-166890-/112867326271?hash=item1a476ab93f

• Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Kinda related. Does anyone else have issues viewing their eBay bucks page in Firefox and Explorer? I click on the link and it just brings up auction activity. The only browser I can view my eBay Bucks page is in Chrome. It's really annoying.

• Options
    edited March 20, 2018 10:17AM

new coupon 15% off , coins are excluded but some might be in other categories

code is pspringtime

• Options

I've had that before on a couple different browsers....
    I "solved" it by killing the cache and rebooting. No idea on actual root cause but that was what worked for me. Have had to do it about 3 times over last 2 years.

@CyStater said:
    Kinda related. Does anyone else have issues viewing their eBay bucks page in Firefox and Explorer? I click on the link and it just brings up auction activity. The only browser I can view my eBay Bucks page is in Chrome. It's really annoying.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2018 5:17AM

New one and it's a whopper! Coins are fine, bullion is not

15% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $150 or more. The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on March 22, 2018 and ends at 11:59PM PT on March 23, 2018

• Options

@mbogoman said:
    New one and it's a whopper! Coins are fine, bullion is not

15% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $150 or more. The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on March 22, 2018 and ends at 11:59PM PT on March 23, 2018

"Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction."

• Options

• Options

Hate missing this one

Filled my quota 2 promos ago.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://bucks.seanmckaybeck.com/

Here is a link to a spreadsheet that was made over on the reddit "silverbug" community. It tracks the spot price on ebay items and you can input the different ebay buck amounts and credit card % back to see how much under melt you can get the items. Since there has never been 15% bucks, there isn't an option but you get the point, but it is still a useful tool

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only seen a 15 percent bonus e bucks offer one other time, this is very rare

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    I have only seen a 15 percent bonus e bucks offer one other time, this is very rare

Back in the day, they were as high as 35%. It was different, but you could get 35% off auction prices.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Nothing as usual. I did use the spring coupon to get a discount on an extra battery for my DSLR but that’s about it.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

@ShadyDave said:
    http://bucks.seanmckaybeck.com/

Here is a link to a spreadsheet that was made over on the reddit "silverbug" community. It tracks the spot price on ebay items and you can input the different ebay buck amounts and credit card % back to see how much under melt you can get the items. Since there has never been 15% bucks, there isn't an option but you get the point, but it is still a useful tool

That spreadsheet is pretty cool

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

any chance we get a 29-30 March bonus? I'm needing one for a couple of watched items o:)

• Options

@Barndog - Got this offer from Ebay. Max discount is capped at $50, As long as your not looking for items in the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories you should be good to go!

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, excluding coins. I think it's a matter of time before they exclude them from bucks too...