Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set (17XD)

Comments

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kkathyl said:
    one second one,(rocking) one second two,(rocking back) one second three, (rocking forward) and one second four, haha all very true valid points. I will still buy 2 of it and keep in box put in closet and forget about it till the next one comes out in this series.

The 450th Anniversary set????

I am buying them because I like them, but I do expect that these medals will one day afford my great great great grandkids with a nice Taco Bell dinner. :)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kkathyl said:
    one second one,(rocking) one second two,(rocking back) one second three, (rocking forward) and one second four, haha all very true valid points. I will still buy 2 of it and keep in box put in closet and forget about it till the next one comes out in this series.

I am buying them because I like them, but I do expect that these medals will one day afford my great great great grandkids with a nice Taco Bell dinner. :)

I don't know...225 years from now, the price of silver could be several thousand dollars per ounce. Of course, so could Taco Bell...

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

any second now

• Options
    edited October 19, 2017 9:02AM

Done! 8 seconds Rode the Bull!

• Options
    CoinGuy42CoinGuy42 Posts: 307 ✭✭✭

Order placed for two sets without any system delays. USM053693XX

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 9:06AM

Smooth checkout USM053706XX

edit to add
    Email confirmation received

• Options

USM053713XX

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 9:03AM

done and done 6929X

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Number: USM05369xxx

• Options
    tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Anyway to tell how many are being sold at any given time?

Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kkathyl said:

Because we all know that Taco Bell wins the Fast Food Wars! Right?

USM05370***

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uno and exited.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Use the code anniversary for free shipping

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@19Lyds said:

USM05370***

According to the documentary Demolition Man. ;)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

edit to add

I had a smooth check out as well.

Which kinda makes me wonder since the Enhanced Uncirculated Set was a 'smooth' checkout.

I hope I don't end up biting the big one on this puppy.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid folks to buy some for me. I could use another tax write off this year if it doesn’t work out. I don’t sweat the small stuff.

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

No issues ordering...USM05370xxx..

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tizofthe said:

Take the highest order number you can find, subtract the lowest order number, and multiply by 1.5.

Or wait until tomorrow when one of the media outlets get the first day sales from Micheal White...

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@tizofthe said:

Take the highest order number you can find, subtract the lowest order number, and multiply by 1.5.

Or wait until tomorrow when one of the media outlets get the first day sales from Micheal White...

it will be sold out by 8pm......

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    I paid folks to buy some for me. I could use another tax write off this year if it doesn’t work out. I don’t sweat the small stuff.

My puppy likes your puppy!

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

It won't sellout - even AFTER they lift the limits tomorrow. jmho

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Still avail 10:26 mountain standard time

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options

@dmwest said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@tizofthe said:

8pm Today? Tomorrow? Next Monday?

The name is LEE!
  • Options

@dmwest said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@tizofthe said:

@Onastone - I didn't say what day......this is a tough crowd...

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2017 10:25AM

@19Lyds said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kkathyl said:

USM05370***

Demolition Man?

• Options

@19Lyds said:

@dmwest said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@tizofthe said:

8pm Today? Tomorrow? Next Monday?

LOL. Since we've got less than 10,000 sold, you've got multiple days before sell-out...if it happens.

• Options

@nurmaler said:

Lifting the limits won't help, since I don't see any dealers or major distributors jumping in to buy 10,000 of them like they did with the Limited Edition Silver set.

• Options

@nurmaler said:

Perhaps we should jump in when they lift the limits and buy the last 30,000 of them. Then we get Dansco to make and distribute a U.S. Mint medal album. Everyone will have to come to us to fill the Liberty Medal slot.

• Options

@19Lyds said:

@Kudbegud said:

edit to add

I had a smooth check out as well.

Which kinda makes me wonder since the Enhanced Uncirculated Set was a 'smooth' checkout.

I hope I don't end up biting the big one on this puppy.

First of all, the Enhanced Uncirculated set had no order limits.

Second of all, the Enhanced Uncirculated set sold 225,000 units in about 6 minutes - way faster than this puppy is selling.

Third of all, if you want to make money on a Mint Medal, you eat the puppy every time you buy one. Is there ANY mint medal that sells on the secondary market for more than the issue price?

Last, and most importantly, if you like the medal, enjoy the medal, don't look at the price.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@19Lyds said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kkathyl said:

USM05370***

Demolition Man?

imdb.com/title/tt0106697/?ref_=nv_sr_2

1993 Sylvester Stallone movie

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@19Lyds said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kkathyl said:

USM05370***

Demolition Man?

imdb.com/title/tt0106697/?ref_=nv_sr_2

1993 Sylvester Stallone movie

I know. I was asking him if that's what he was referring to. I love that movie.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for 6 a I meant 2 :* the PR is a "S" this time. the Rev PR looks cool.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

these sets will be available until the cows come home

• Options

@coinpalice said:

Did you get yours?

• Options

no, I don't collect medals

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@coinpalice said:

Did you get yours?

Pass on this one, maybe in a year or so if they come down I will pick one up. If not, no big loss for me.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd expect these to be available at a lower price point in the weeks or months ahead.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I'll wait on this one too. $199 way too much for medals...although I might be interested to buy the reverse in 70 down the road.

• Options

I wouldn't even want to flip this set, I would feel sorry for the buyer

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I feel someone here is "shocked" 'cuz it didn't sell out...I guess it will eventually but not today...or tomorrow...or....

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should have made 100 small stars variety sets with a random distribution. It would be a better looking coin and that would get you a sellout.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if they remove the household limits the they will sell out.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 2:49PM

Easy in, Easy out : USM53726XX

One four metal set,
    One EU set,
    One Roll S-Mint Quarters...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly speaking, I think the Mint has just about killed the golden goose. Way too many offerings of late~every time you turn around there's another product boxed up and ready for sale. Even the the items that sell out aren't fetching much of a premium these days.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
  • Options

shouldn't since the shipping charge makes it more expensive than from the mint. Then again, someone bought a SEVEN coin silver set (no ASE) for $149 yesterday.

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 6:29PM

Well, I went to order mine at noon, on the app on my phone. No delays, until it asked me for my credit card. The one I had on file was at home, so I stopped then. Ordered two sets with a different card when I got back to the office after lunch. Then I ordered two more when I got home this evening (with the right card) and I'll cancel the first one. Didn't see the free shipping offer. Oh well, it's only five bucks...

Oh, and my 1pm order # was 5376xxx and the one this evening was 5383xxx. So less than 10,000 orders in 8 hours...

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Hopefully they just cut the mintage to what sold today and melt the rest...

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:
    I think if they remove the household limits the they will sell out.

Dont see that helping

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2017 6:51PM

@coinpalice said:
    no, I don't collect medals

Understandable coinpalice well wont know if this works but if NOT just another bad choice I made. Maybe one day I might get it right! But I do have 2 free vouchers from ANACS so I might send one set in and see if it grades or gets rejected. Maybe a 68 with my luck! After all I got the voucher from buying coins from Mike on HSN! So you know I am a looser! hahaha Or a vicitim! Some of you guys out there are really finding some beautiful OLD coins very impressive. My luck it will be counterfit!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file