DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2017 12:07PM

@garnettstyle said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Yep. If th> @garnettstyle said:

Weak schedule or not, if Wisconsin wins out they will be in the playoffs.

Yes if they go 13-0 and win the B1G they will go. And we still won't know how good they are

m

Who has alabama beat?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they beat FSU when Deondre Francois was healthy. I think #15 for Alabama put him out of the game late in the 4th quarter.

My question is, who has Oklahoma beat? I know Iowa State beat Oklahoma. I'm just trying to remember who Oklahoma beat, beat 'em bad too.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@garnettstyle said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Yep. If th> @garnettstyle said:

Weak schedule or not, if Wisconsin wins out they will be in the playoffs.

Yes if they go 13-0 and win the B1G they will go. And we still won't know how good they are

m

Who has alabama beat?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they beat FSU when Deondre Francois was healthy. I think #15 for Alabama put him out of the game late in the 4th quarter.

My question is, who has Oklahoma beat? I know Iowa State beat Oklahoma. I'm just trying to remember who Oklahoma beat, beat 'em bad too.

So Francois was a proven QB? Nope, FSU was overrated. Oklahoma didn't take the lead until the third quarter. And they whipped Bama worse in the Sugar bowl last time they played :)

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oklahoma is over rated

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not belittle Alabama. They always get top recruits, are at the top or near the top of the polls year after year. They play in what has been until recently the toughest conference in the country. They win more than their share of National titles.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Gameday in happy valley this week.

Who wins, Michigan or Penn state?

• Options
    edited October 21, 2017 7:50AM

With Speight out no chance. Penn State

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2017 9:31AM

USC and Notre Dame, elimination game.

I keep hearing PSU winning big.
    I keep thinking about PSU vs Iowa.
    Michigan stuns PSU.

• Options

I think Penn State would be stunned if that team up North actually scores on offense.

Ralph

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wisconsin wins again...vs Maryland.

• Options

Glad I don't bet, PSU looked very good, they're hungry. Their fans were chanting WE WANT BAMA, WE WANT BAMA, heck, we aren't in it yet. We have tough games against LSU, MSU and Auburn. IF we win those we will probably play Georgia.

PSU vs OSU next week is huge. I'll be watching but no predictions. I'm pulling for OSU.
    WE WANT OSU, WE WANT OSU... ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone please read and learn from this, as it's fairly serious. I have an eye appointment scheduled first thing tomorrow morning, because I think I may have permanently damaged my retinas.

Yesterday I made the huge mistake of staring directly at my television while Kansas was trying to play football

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:
    Wisconsin wins again...vs Maryland.

And they get........wait for it..........Illinois next week ; )

mark

• Options

Guess what team scheduled mercer? That should be a great game.

• Options

@garnettstyle said:

Yep, it'll be a great game for both teams. Mercer will get $1,000,000. Alabama can play a ton of players that never get to play even though they work and sweat just like the starters. Sure, it's a cake walk, maybe we should have scheduled UNLV or Army.

And Garnett, the Mercer players will remember playing in The House of Champions the rest of their lives.... :*

Good luck against PSU !!

• Options

mark

• Options
    edited October 23, 2017 11:50PM

@Bullsitter said:

@garnettstyle said:

Yep, it'll be a great game for both teams. Mercer will get $1,000,000. Alabama can play a ton of players that never get to play even though they work and sweat just like the starters. Sure, it's a cake walk, maybe we should have scheduled UNLV or Army.

Army is in 1st place in their conference. And they were a top ten defense in college football last year.

• Options

Army is a powerhouse. If I recall correctly they defeated Navy last year, a top 25 team. They have Heisman winners, countless All-Americans, and National Championships. UNLV has local big time gamblers attempting to fix the outcome of games. I think SEC teams are afraid to schedule them.

Ralph

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge game coming up, PSU @ OSU, who wins?

My prediction is PSU goes to Columbus and wins. They just put up 42 against Michigan (a top defense nationally). That shows me no defense is to much for their offense, and I think the PSU defense is good enough to hold OSU to under 30 points. It'll be a close one throughout, but I think PSU pulls it out in the end with to many explosive plays on offense.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

@Brick said:
    Army is a powerhouse. If I recall correctly they defeated Navy last year, a top 25 team. They have Heisman winners, countless All-Americans, and National Championships. UNLV has local big time gamblers attempting to fix the outcome of games. I think SEC teams are afraid to schedule them.

It's more of an embarrassment to schedule mercer, than it is to schedule army. What top 25 team has mercer beat?

• Options

Go Dawgs!

I hate playing Florida. Always a tough game even when they stink, but hopefully we should handle that business. I'm really liking this Fromm kid.

And this will be the only weekend I pull for Ohio State, ha!

• Options
    edited October 25, 2017 1:37PM

@garnettstyle said:

@Brick said:

It's more of an embarrassment to schedule mercer, than it is to schedule army. What top 25 team has mercer beat?

Come to think about it what top 25 team has Ohio State beat so far

mark

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I can only think of one....OVERRATED !!!

College Football is funny, it really matters when you lose and not if you lose. I really, really doubt OSU will get to Big 10 Championship or the NCAA top four, they might even lose 3-4 games by the end of the season. however, if they end with the same regular season record then the Oklahoma game will be a weird one because they'll finish higher when they lost to them then when they beat them.

I always think a loss in the beginning is way better than a loss at the end.

does anyone think the OSU vs. Penn State game will be close??

• Options

I think it'll be close, it's THE game I'll be watching Saturday. Penn State is coming off a big win, they were pumped when last weeks game started. Can they get that high again, two weeks in a row? OSU had two weeks to prepare, they want revenge and they're at home.

Don't know if they'll win but I'm pulling for Ohio State, should be one hell of a game.

• Options
    edited October 25, 2017 2:20PM

I think either team could win by two touchdowns. Penn State is a lot better then Oklahoma but Ohio State had a bye week to prepare for this game. Just like PSU had a bye week before Michigan. That certainly doesn't hurt

Hoping for a close game

mark

• Options
    edited October 25, 2017 5:07PM

I think it (PSU v OSU) will be a great game. As a Wisconsin supporter, I'm conflicted on who I want to see win. Wisconsin with a 2 game lead in their division is a virtual lock to play in the B1G Championship game. And with a really, really good chance of doing it at 12-0, albeit with a crappy schedule (eh, Mark). I think OSU will win, but am a slight supporter of PSU here as I would like to see Big Red avenge last year's loss to them. Also, an OSU loss will likely all but eliminate them from playoff contention.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am heading to Columbus tomorrow for the game on Saturday. It is my first time there. Anyone here have any tips on things to do there or places to go?

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2017 5:07AM

@orioles93 said:
    I am heading to Columbus tomorrow for the game on Saturday. It is my first time there. Anyone here have any tips on things to do there or places to go?

Tips

Flak jacket, over the ear head phones and a shiv. That should at least protect you from the female fans 12 and younger at the game.

Don't mention Earle Bruce or John Cooper. For all things sacred don't mention the 13 game stretch against Michigan in the 80's and 90's where the Buckeyes went 2-10-1. They will deny it never happened or kill you to keep it quiet.

Mission- get in and out alive. If you win make sure the car is already running so you have a 50/50 chance of making it out.

mark

• Options

As for the PSU-OSU game I have zero feel for it. I could see either team winning by any margin and it wouldn't suprise me. My experience that with the week off to prepare for Penn State Urban Meyer will have the Buckeyes more then ready.

mark

• Options

Bring an umbrella. I am not ashamed to discuss Coopers record against that team up North. I admit it is unpleasant. BTW I do believe Bruce had a winning record against them. I do prefer to discuss the rivalry this century, I believe it is 14-2. Bringing up those two losses is also unpleasant.

Ralph

• Options
    edited October 27, 2017 8:49PM

I hear you Brick. For sure they will be talking about the current run. I loved the 10 year war between Bo and Woody. Bo went 5-4 -1 against Woody and you are correct Bruce went 5-4 against Bo. So during that stretch it was dead even and that made the rivalry great. The next 13 years Cooper went 2-10-1 against Michigan and not so great. I remember always thinking there is no way they can beat us. Now it's the complete opposite ; (

The point I was making about Bruce is that he got run out of town for a bunch of 9-3 seasons. I remember he was fired right before the Michigan game but allowed to coach it. His players were jacked up for that final game and beat Michigan that year. I remember that Bo was incensed that Bruce got fired and stated while he hated losing to Ohio he didn't mind that loss so much.

mark

• Options
    edited October 28, 2017 4:12AM

Ole 8-3 Earle. Kevin Wilson looks a lot like him.

Earle came within 1 point in 1979 at winning a national championship....with Woody's players.

• Options

@garnettstyle said:

Earle came within 1 point in 1979 at winning a national championship....with Woody's players.

1979?

Oh my............

• Options

@garnettstyle said:

Woody was awesome

m

• Options

Despite being completely outplayed in the first half, it ain't over yet.

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    Despite being completely outplayed in the first half, it ain't over yet.

They just need to stop shooting themselves in the foot and they will be fine. They are running out of toes

m

• Options

What a game

• Options

Wow!

Ralph

• Options
    edited October 28, 2017 4:38PM

What a comeback, despite the refs giving penn state 21 points. JT wins another big game.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    What a game

Yeah. Great ending.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I missed the game but saw it was a big comeback. I guess Ohio State is back in the playoff hunt.

• Options

My top 5

Alabama
    Georgia
    Ohio State
    Notre Dame
    Wisconsin

• Options
    edited October 28, 2017 5:17PM

Lord have Mercer...I mean mercy, that was a great game. OSU did what they needed to do, sometimes the off week works against you. They shook off the rust, made adjustments and beat a good PSU team. I think they're at the # 3 spot Tuesday night.

Garnett, I watched every play, what 21 points are you talking about? I think y'all left 21 points on the field.

• Options

oh my, oh my, oh my. it's certainly not the OSU tradition to come back like that but it was nice to see. for much/most of the game the stat battle was being won easily by OSU and yet Penn State was up by two TD's. I was impressed by McSorley, he was good last year and has only improved.................until the end when everyone knew he had to pass. before that he'd made some nice throws and proved to be slippery enough to run away from OSU: very frustrating.

here's a question I pondered during the game, I pose it to the forum and especially to guys like Mark and bullsitter --- I don't perceive the Buckeyes as being weak or a bad Team, but the gap between them and other Big 10 Teams isn't as wide as it has been. in short, some Teams like Penn State and Wisconsin have gotten steadily better. how has that happened?? Is it coaching or a change in offensive strategy?? are the other Teams suddenly better at recruiting??

in the past in the Big 10 it was OSU and Michigan, in recent years that mix included Michigan State and Wisconsin and now Penn State wants to join the party. what's up??

• Options
    edited October 28, 2017 6:05PM

More good coaches and recruiters. Big Ten teams are starting in get a steady stream of talent from the south and are dipping into Texas especially at skilled positions. The Big Ten Network has helped as well in that regard. Almost all teams are now televised. The Big Ten expansion has also brought some easy W's. There are more good teams and an equal amount of poor teams. For sure it's improved at the top.

I also think that the DC's and OC's are more imagitive and they are spending money on them.

m

• Options
    edited October 28, 2017 6:24PM

Barrett got all the credit and his preformance was great but they don't win that game without the D Line in the 4th. It's like they were in the PSU huddle. Impressive. They did all the punching in the mouth. I loved it.

m

• Options

Michigan has made a living by "stealing" talent from Ohio schools and OSU has done the same with Pennsylvania. if Penn State can stay as good as they've become consistently, that talent for the Buckeyes might start to dry up.

as far as Texas, that state and the schools are so big and Football is a freakin' religion.

• Options

Yes Michigan has done well in Ohio, Florida, California and Pennsylvania. Agree on OSU. They really do well in Western PA and snatch talent at will in a lot of places.

m

• Options

Go Dawgs!

• Options

Anybody care to guess how far Penn St will fall in the polls? I'm guessing not very far. I see Ohio St ahead of Wisconsin at this point.

Alabama
    Georgia
    Ohio St
    Wisconsin

Clemson, Penn St and Notre Dame should be 5-7 but I have no idea how they will get ordered.

Jeff