Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Warning to not to deal with forum member chiniu1976 - Alain P Sterk

rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
edited June 2, 2017 2:51PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just bringing this to the forefront and to have record posted, reason being this is his 3rd forum return via a different name, at least 2 previous being tee135 & tonedase ... real name Alain P Sterk...

He never fulfilled my order and never fully refunded the money after millions of nice guy posts that he was going to...

keceph `anah

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember having a problem with tee135.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Bump so others know this

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay allows you to block tee135

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2017 9:23PM

:/

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the 'heads up'...Forum alerts such as this are a definite benefit.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2017 7:11AM

@rawteam1 said:
    Just bringing this to the forefront and to have record posted, reason being this is his 3rd forum return via a different name, at least 2 previous being tee135 & tonedase ... real name Alain P Sterk...

He never fulfilled my order and never fully refunded the money after millions of nice guy posts that he was going to...

Thanks for the head up ,, There are probably many others who have been scammed on BST who have not spoken up
    Can you believe it ..some on BST still list items for sale they don't have possession. nor own
    Scammers attracted to BST by the ease to take advantage of honest, trusting members
    What's Moderator ??

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appreciate the info. The days of trusting all forum members is long gone... not as bad as ebay, but caution advised.

----- kj
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    Appreciate the info. The days of trusting all forum members is long gone... not as bad as ebay, but caution advised.

Not sure that that day ever existed.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the warning/heads up

• Options
    dm679864dm679864 Posts: 213 ✭✭

So I commented on a sale post, warning the seller that there had been bad things said about dealing with chiniu1976...I got this message from him!
    I do not appriciate our negaive comments, so if you want to ask me anything do it in a message or else I will file a
    complaint with D.Willis for your no proof, and there is not any becaue I have never taking advantage of anybody, so please remove your comment or else I will have to proceed with further activity
    aps

Good deals with KollectorKing, ChrisRx, Tookybandit, LukeMarshall, and Ajaan! On cointalk, Histman, Sakata, Blisskr, and a few others!

• Options

Proceed then... you think I'm stupid enough to erase all my pms I even kept mail correspondence... some people have some nerve... lol

keceph `anah
  • Options

Oh, he can publicly respond in this thread if he would like to..,

keceph `anah
  • Options

@rawteam1 said:

@rawteam1 said:

His English looks familiar ... use PP ..this will cut down on the scammers at BST

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I have seen that real name somewhere......trying to remember where....
    rcc maybe? some other alt from before maybe?

I can't recall right now, but with a name like that, there can't be too many of them.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

I told him to comment here if he wanted to clear things up:

I have responded long ago and will not go over all this, since you are new, u were not a member then
    pls do not get involved unless you have proof, and you do not
    any more and I guess I will persue this with Mr Willis

Good deals with KollectorKing, ChrisRx, Tookybandit, LukeMarshall, and Ajaan! On cointalk, Histman, Sakata, Blisskr, and a few others!

• Options

All because I shared the link to this thread with a fellow seller

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:
    Proceed then... you think I'm stupid enough to erase all my pms I even kept mail correspondence... some people have some nerve... lol

Has anyone figured out how to delete PMs from the new software? Even NGC's new software has ALL of your old PMs even though you thought they were forever.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Ebay allows you to block tee135

waste of time....he's NARU'd

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2017 1:09PM

@tincup said:

Not so sure about your eBay statement. I suspect, percentage wise, they may even be greater on the BST, since there is no seller or buyer protection and members are still gullible enough to use PPG.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@tincup said:

Not so sure about your eBay statement. I suspect, percentage wise, they may even be greater on the BST, since there is no seller or buyer protection and members are still gullible enough to use PPG.

I prefer PPCOT!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rawteam1
    Thanks for the info :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

He is a major league bser he won't contact Don, another one of his modus operandi... I think I'll start calling him the toned blowfish...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    LeroyLeroy Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

He's mad now because you exposed him and he can't run his scam on anyone else.

• Options

up there in Bourbonnais, Illinois, I finally found some friends close enough to visit there...

keceph `anah
  • Options

Real simple man up and reimburse, how simple is that?, it is crazy to lose your name for such a small price...

keceph `anah
  • Options

@rawteam1 said:
    Real simple man up and reimburse, how simple is that?, it is crazy to lose your name for such a small price...

He probably is too embarrassed, or he doesn't the money, or can't afford to pay up, and make it straight . Shame :#

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess not everyone deserves a second change.

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:
    I guess not everyone deserves a second change.

This is his third time on the boards using a different name. So...second chances are long gone. It's sad, but I had several positive dealings with Alain several years ago.

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Only deal within the circle of trust

• Options
    oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:

If the mail was involved he committed mail fraud and the postal service does not like this, If the post office it is still fraud and I would go to the entity that was used to send your money . If you paid him with a c card call them and dispute the transaction as fraud is involved. They can reverse transactions within a certain time period.

• Options

His MO is fraud, open 24hrs a day, 365 days a year... whoopdee do...

keceph `anah
  • Options

@oldgoldlover said:

@rawteam1 said:

If the mail was involved he committed mail fraud and the postal service does not like this, If the post office it is still fraud and I would go to the entity that was used to send your money . If you paid him with a c card call them and dispute the transaction as fraud is involved. They can reverse transactions within a certain time period.

Credit cards Cos will reverse within certain time limit from transaction date ..I have seen cards some have a 60 day limit

• Options
    oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:

Oh yes Alain out of Chicago know him well I fronted him some coins and never paid me for them. He would come up with the craziest stories and very strange replies I just cut my losses.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been burned by
    Silvereagle and Gregwash !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

Any update?

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

Lol, you kidding ??? No criminal guilt?? Psychopath?? Most likely and will bless you while pickpocketing you... a real winner...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd ask since he's still on the BST looking to buy, pretty much just wanted to bump the thread to
    keep the sellers and buyers aware. A permanent thread at the top of the page would be helpful with listing
    names of thieves not to deal with.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

@dm679864 said:
    So I commented on a sale post, warning the seller that there had been bad things said about dealing with chiniu1976...I got this message from him!
    I do not appriciate our negaive comments, so if you want to ask me anything do it in a message or else I will file a
    complaint with D.Willis for your no proof, and there is not any becaue I have never taking advantage of anybody, so please remove your comment or else I will have to proceed with further activity
    aps

WOW!

• Options
    CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

@dm679864 said:
    All because I shared the link to this thread with a fellow seller

WE Appreciate people like YOU.!.

• Options

@SONOMOSCA said:
    I thought I'd ask since he's still on the BST looking to buy, pretty much just wanted to bump the thread to
    keep the sellers and buyers aware. A permanent thread at the top of the page would be helpful with listing
    names of thieves not to deal with.

Excellent idea ..many more scammed on BST then let out in open .. keep the known ones be in spotlight
    Shame some trusting ,honest members are being scammed out of sometimes, Hundreds of dollars.

• Options

@rawteam1 said:
    Lol, you kidding ??? No criminal guilt?? Psychopath?? Most likely and will bless you while pickpocketing you... a real winner...

That's funny he would always tell me to have a blessed day and go on and on about the importance of god in your life.

• Options

True I got taken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file