Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Aaron Judge

Comments

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2018 2:27PM

A beauty that arrived today. Auto is absolutely killer too. Caught this on Ebay and snatched it up with an offer.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

What was the trick offer wise? ..... thats a stunner.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sharp card/clean auto.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posted this in another thread, but here is my recent grab, 6/10....pop 1. And another pic of it next to my 17/25 Orange RR, pop 2.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Thanks Odessafile and Bluejayway!!

• Options

A new arrival in the mail today and from EBAY.

• Options

refraction...satisfaction!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

That is a SWEET card!! Nice pickup. I need to grab another one in bgs 9.5 but non refractor before the season starts and they go up more.

KC

• Options

Posted in the January Pick Up thread but think this might belong in the Judge thread.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2018 6:28PM

@UFFDAH said:

that is beyond beautiful. perfect picture/angle.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CenteredMantles said:
    Posted in the January Pick Up thread but think this might belong in the Judge thread.

Yes, I am cyber stalking that Definitive Auto Patch.

• Options

Thanks Matt. Really is a dope card. I know I landed a serious Judge when it gets your interest!

• Options

@dictoresno said:

@UFFDAH said:

I agree that angle has me itching to buy another Judge but in a refractor now!! Bring it on boys - BGS 9.5

• Options

@dictoresno said:

@UFFDAH said:

I agree that angle has me itching to buy another Judge but in a refractor now!! Bring it on boys - BGS 9.5

• Options

Jump in, Keith— the water is GREAT!

• Options

Thanks KC and Dictoresno!! It's a beautiful card for sure and lucky to have it!

• Options

Really love these three new additions. The 1984 will look so great beside an 84T Donnie Baseball, Strawberry, and Gooden Traded.

The Patch card is really exciting, as it was worn during two specific games in which he homered!

• Options
    edited January 18, 2018 6:29PM

like it:

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Is it me, or are there already more different Judge cards out there than someone collecting the basic and master set of Mickey Mantle? I hope he does great, but dang, I can't even keep track of what he has out there!..

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options

Wherever there is a buck to make..... Judge likely has more cards out than Mantles whole career. Thats why its important to at least buy the cards that may have appeal down the road....

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

Topps jumped the shark a long time ago. I don't mean just the Judge cards, but all the heritage
    and throwback cards, etc.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    edited January 18, 2018 9:24PM

In terms of collecting a modern player, it is as simple as one wants to make it.

I remember when I first began to look into the Pre-War card space, and it seemed a daunting and dizzying proposition; I was coming from collecting only 50s and later cards, which was comparatively so much simpler. There was Topps and Bowman, then just Topps, then Fleer and Donruss in 1981, Score in 1988, and Upper Deck in 1989, and that's where I stopped. Full disclosure: I loved Sportflics in 1986.

Pre-War at first turned me way off. I understood T-206. Then e90-1s. But then I was like, "Whoa, somebody pump the brakes. CJs in 1914 and 1915? e90-2s? T205s? e101s? e121s? M101s? M101-4s vs 5s? Ad backs? D-cards?"

And on and on and on it went. The thing was, I soon began to have fun investigating and learning about new sets and cards. The cards that appealed to me, for whatever reason, I bought and enjoyed. The others I enjoyed learning about, yet didn't collect.

As I have gotten into the players I actively root for in the present, I found it was the exact same situation as Pre-War.
    I was lucky to have made some friends who helped guide me through the modern space, just as I had met collectors generous with their time who guided me through Pre War.

One thing I will say that is unique to collecting an active player: it provides a thrill that I missed, a thrill every collector experienced back when they were a kid. And that is a great thing to feel again.

If the only price I have to pay for that level of enjoyment is merely learning about different card releases and determining which I like, then that is a great deal.

• Options

"In terms or collecting a modern player, it is as simple as one wants to make it."

This one line is brilliant and sums up exactly how I have gone about collecting Judge and other Yankees I root for 162+ days a year. Some cards will speak to you and catch your eye, those are the ones to collect. Topps may be putting out Judge RCs faster than they can print them but it does give the collector a wide variety to choose from for any budget and any aesthetic that fits their collection.

There will be certain cards that rise to the top (2013 Bowman Chrome and Heritage Autos) and become his key cards and others that are more for the niche collector (A&G and the Transcendent stuff come to mind). End of the day variety is great and while I would love to see Donruss and Fleer back as brands at least Topps is giving collectors plenty to choose from.

• Options

For those of you who are into the Judge auto cards, are the cards offered below not "desirable"? There are several under $200 and a total of 27 available in all price ranges. Most have been for sale for six months or more. I have liked the Heritage 1983 throwback design card since I first saw it, but not paying anywhere close to $1,300(if it was offered at $150-$250, all day).

https://www.comc.com/Cards,sh,=Aaron+Judge,_AUTO,p1,i12

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2018 9:42AM

Hi Jimmy,

The Topps Chrome Auto is highly desirable, one of the “top tier” demand cards. The 1983 blue FFA is a monster Judge card, especially with that centering. Only 75 produced of that one. Those two stand out among that grouping. That card moves around 600-750 at present, yet if he performs well in 2018 it will settle in at a grand+.

Like with any cards, I’d say the rest of them could move at lower price points. But those two cited are cards to hold, in case he continues his slugging ways in pinstripes.

Best,

MC

• Options

@DM23HOF said:
    Hi Jimmy,

The Topps Chrome Auto is highly desirable, one of the “top tier” demand cards. The 1983 blue FFA is a monster Judge card, especially with that centering. Only 75 produced of that one. Those two stand out among that grouping. That card moves around 600-750 at present, yet if he performs well in 2018 it will settle in at a grand+.

Like with any cards, I’d say the rest of them could move at lower price points. But those two cited are cards to hold, in case he continues his slugging ways in pinstripes.

Best,

MC

When you say Topps Chrome, are you referring to the purple refractor with a 250 print run? I'd like to have just one of his auto cards, but I am personally worried about the overall total volume of his rookie autograph cards(not to mention pre-rc). I'm not in this to -re-sell in the short term, but I also don't want to take a bath on something that there turns out to be way more of than there is demand for. I typically wont pay above $100 for any card that's not vintage(few exceptions, though I still have never purchased a Puckett auto card).

Thanks a bunch!

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2018 10:33AM

I think a base version of that 2017 Topps Chrome Auto card (the picture of him catching) fits what you are seeking.

The key to streamlining the search and evaluation is to simply stick to a small handful of key brands that are top tier 2017 “RC” autographed cards— namely, in no order (think of them as all “Ivy League”).

Archives Autos
    Heritage Real One Autos
    Topps Chrome Auto

As to the likes of Transcendent 1/1 retro autos and Definitive, these are quite limited and so they don’t really join the larger release group.

Those three brands cited are all fairly limited and in broad demand. I believe they are quantified at various points in this thread.

The Topps Chrome Auto will be the lowest price point.

That small handful of 2017 brands/cards will have enduring demand as Judge continues his path and his collector base expands. If that does happen, the amount of collectors and the demand will certainly outstrip the supply of those key cards.

Basically, it isn’t about speciously looking at the sheer supply of auto 2017 cards, but rather the supply of those few very specific cards that have already risen to the top.

Hope that helps.

• Options

Thanks again!

• Options

I shared this prior but I sent to PSA for Auto Grading and it just came back as an AUTO 10 so happy with that!

• Options
    edited February 16, 2018 2:59PM

@UFFDAH What was ur declared value and how much was it to DNA? If they had graded it a dna 9 Mint would u have accepted it or did u specify a minimum 10 grade?

• Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I wish they would make a starting lineup of him! :
    )

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options

Here’s a pick up this week ...

/10 SSP

• Options

Congrats, tough card to find.

• Options

Odess - I used a declared value of $1499 the fee was $50, return shipping of $29. I requested 10 for the auto and if not a 10 auto keep as a Gem 10 only.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2018 8:17PM

@UFFDAH -10/10 is the way to go ... the more 10s the better... I’m getting ready to submit my ‘13 bowman chrome blue refractor 1/2 to DNA and one of my heritage judge red autos ... I’ll post em when I get em back .....Question ... is the DNA turnaround time faster than regular submission? It seems like u got it back very quickly ...

• Options

I shipped around the middle of Jan. I have a couple others I recently shipped and crossing my fingers.

• Options

here are some recent additions, with more on the way. don't mind the Machado, got it for $0.99 along with the Bowman Judge which I also won for cheap.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

A couple Judge's back from PSA and now Auto 10's.

• Options
    edited March 7, 2018 12:08PM

@UFFDAH That judge rookie blue auto really pops ... it’s the smile and the ensemble that make it one of the most electric rookie cards I’ve ever seen ... the NY on his cap pops out & the RC designation next to his face frames it so well... that card is phenomenal !!! I’ve managed to amass 8 of the blue autos and have a solo red ink I sent off to get the auto graded for the “double” gem mint 10 like u have ... bravo

• Options

I honestly find the blue auto more attractive than the red auto... if I could change 1 thing on the heritage real one autos .. I would make the blue auto 1/68.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DM23HOF said:

@Stone193 said:
    Just checked my "status" on my Judge auto redemption and it has "Request Sub"

There is NO substitute for a Judge Auto RC - plus I'm sure it means "they" choose a worthy substitute?

Have to give a call.

Same here. If I don't get a Judge, they are going to get a serious earful.

As I posted - I was patient and waited and this came in the other day:

Mike
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2018 12:20PM

I honestly find the blue auto more attractive than the red auto... if I could change 1 thing on the heritage real one autos .. I would make the blue auto 1/68.

I totally agree. From the very jump I preferred the way the blue ink pops to the eye. And sometimes one can find a card that he signed with a little more flavor or style, or in a slightly different place that augments the eye appeal a little.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2018 12:24PM

sometimes one can find a card that he signed with a little more flavor or style, or in a slightly different place that augments the eye appeal a little.

Hiya Matt

How many auto cards do you have now?

Mike
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2018 12:26PM

Yes -with the auto I thought I liked a certain central flow and now Im realizing I like the longer autos and it doesn’t matter where .. It doesn’t have to be central just has to be different ... I’m looking for different now ... just different .. the more odd the better

• Options
    edited March 7, 2018 12:25PM

Would have to do a little collection inventory. This one just came the other day and is for sure one of my very favorite, has a gold finish to it that looks amazing in the light:

I've really gotten into the Transcendent Patch cards lately, when I can find one that has a sweet patch. Love how I can touch a jersey he actually hit two 2017 bombs in!

• Options
    edited March 7, 2018 12:30PM

Looks like I have 19 Judge Auto cards in the collection. About 25 non-autos, which include the 1/1 patch cards. The Heritage Gold and other rare variations I like more than several of the autos.

The Derby ball relic is another noteworthy Judge card, as the ball used was one he actually hit, albeit for an out. Nonetheless that very ball was part of that key moment for him. The sock relic is another favorite.

https://collectorfocus.com/collection/mattianc/aaron-judge

• Options

It’d be great to see him cut down on his K’s and raise his average to plus .300... I’d rather see plus .300 with less homers than 55 homers and an average around .240....

• Options

I'd love to see him drill 50+ again, just to be the first man ever to start a career with that number in his first two seasons. The sophomore year HR record to follow the freshman record would be pretty sweet to witness.

• Options

If he’s healthy I think 50 is not a real challenge for him ... 60 is.

• Options

Lots of fascinating storylines to follow this season. Curious and excited to see what the massive talents of Harper and Machado can accomplish, knowing what fortune is there for the taking with MVP-caliber seasons. Some other players looking to comeback from injuries. Then the teams to follow, several with stellar personnel and high expectations. Going to be very compelling to follow.