Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Aaron Judge

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can find a checklist for all of his base rookies?

I am not sure of accuracy but this will help.

cardboardconnection.com/aaron-judge-rookie-cards

Joe

• Options

Looks like the hype has cooled. There's a relative "ton" of auto stuff available now all over.

Bet he finishes the year around 46HR, 98RBI & .285 avg.

I think the league figured out he hits the straight ball very far, but the curve ball - not so much. Doubt he finishes with 20 post-ASG homers.

But if anyone is in the market for a $10K Judge autograph card... get on this fast..

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2015/Leaf_Ultimate_Draft_-Base-_Purple_Etched_Foil/BA-AJ1/Aaron_Judge/10933058

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pjb103183 said:
    Saw him hit #35 on Sunday in Cleveland...so glad my son and I were able to witness a Judge bomb during his rookie season!

Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 12:10PM

He's looked lost at the plate the past few weeks

It's very difficult for a guy with his strikeout rate to hit .300. I expect his true mean will be around .250 when all is said and done. His power is bona fide, at least.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

All other things aside, I see him able to destroy about 30 mistake fastballs a year. That power is totally legit.

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 4:55PM

Looking at career trajectory, it is very possible that this three year sample size below could be his baseline. I hope he becomes a monster, but we also have to be realistic. Can you guess the player without cheating?

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    Looking at career trajectory, it is very possible that this three year sample size below could be his baseline. I hope is becomes a monster, but we also have to be realistic. Can you guess the player without cheating?

Got to be Adam Dunn.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Great call, Grote. You are correct.

On a side note, I picked up five of these Judge/Yankees card today. First ever Topps Now purchase.

ALL CONNECT FOR 40TH HR OF MLB CAREERS FOR WIN - AARON JUDGE/AARON HICKS/GARY SANCHEZ MLB TOPPS NOW™ CARD 482

Joe

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    Looking at career trajectory, it is very possible that this three year sample size below could be his baseline. I hope is becomes a monster, but we also have to be realistic. Can you guess the player without cheating?

Got to be Adam Dunn.

Took me a second, and when I saw the 17 steals and only times being caught I knew it was Dunn :D

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭

I started collecting heavily in 87 with the McGwire explosion. Now It pains me deeply that I didn't take the opportunity to join my friend who took his kids to watch history being made today in the Bronx. May my 5&7 year old forgive me. I'm sure they are in their Judge jerseys right now as they await my return from the dreaded office. I will take my medicine as I deserve it.

Curse my job

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2017 3:07PM

I hear ya, I'm pretending I didn't see it when my seven year old comes home from school shortly. Will see how good an actor I am, lol.

Always wanted these so glad I got them before the buzzer, so to speak ;)

• Options

Haha, good luck with that! Couldn't be more excited about what happened today, let everyone know in the middle of a meeting at work - LOL. But still kills me inside to have missed it.

Your Judge collection is flat out awesome. I have gone the route this year of buying boxes and ripping with kids - really trying to kindle that interest while they are young and playing the game too. We only own the several raw Judge cards that my kids have pulled from packs. We will surely rip some packs tonight to make up for my total and complete ineptitude today.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2017 4:30PM

Thx. Agree all the way about nurturing that interest; it's amazing to see how the kids just love ripping boxes. No words for how fun it is to see the expression when they pull one of their favorite guys. Judge has turned a couple guys I know into big kids again that way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2017/09/25/aaron-judge-50-home-runs-rookie/701759001/

• Options

Matty's back and so is Judge! LOL..

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

Those are some really nice pick ups DM23.

Robb

• Options

Thx very much :)

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I just wish he was on the Diamondbacks.

• Options

Love seeing him get hot again and glad I sat on these plus about another 8-10 Topps Chrome, Heritage, and Archives to send in to get graded.

KC

• Options

Wow Matt, congrats on that 2013 Gold, what a great looking card. So thrilled to see the Judgeman pull through the slump and emerge even stronger from it. This September run has been epic and I couldn't be happier for the young man.
    What an entertaining season he's put together.

I've been adding more to my collection through the slump and really taking advantage of the panic sales. I'll admit, I had my doubts for 50 but my confidence in the kid being a real talent never wavered. I like to think that slump was his way of helping some of us pick up some great cards! Thank Big Guy!

My modest slump haul:

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

"I just wish he was on the Diamondbacks."

Then his cards would be worth about 20 percent of what they are now

:)

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were my self subs so far. Have about 30 more either in grading or heading out soon. Was buying Topps/Topps Chrome/Finest and Stadium Club RCs in lots cheap while he was cold.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

sweet judge's

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options

Awesome cards, wish I had bought the ones I want to pull. Just so I could have had a backup plan. The main card the kids are now looking for is the Heritage alone card. I still have quite a bit to open, but only a few hobby followed by several dozen Blasters. I don't very much like my chances, but you never know!

• Options

I opened a case of Heritage this year. Got it in the first box.

• Options

My first time buying modern since 1990 was modern. And I just bought random boxes which we all know is likely a fools errand. Unless I'm mistaken.

• Options

I had no idea about autos per case and the concept of a "hot box". Been fun tho. Will do preorder cases for next year.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 22 of his rookie cards currently at PSA which should pop soon. All Bowman/Topps/Archives and two of the Austin/Judge Heritage cards. Collected them before his fall off. Been picking up selected ones I don't have yet already graded off eBay. I was never able to pull the Heritage variation, and probably never will. Way too expensive to even consider picking up.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

I liked the Topps Now card issued for his 50th homer so I bought it.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

@dtkk49a said:
    I liked the Topps Now card issued for his 50th homer so I bought it.

Congrats— beautiful card that sold out in a flash; I thought they were smart to keep the print run so limited relative to demand. I've been really impressed with the overall quality of those cards.

• Options

I was going thru the set and realized I now have 3 different ROY favorite cards - 2 are mega's

On the Bowman set - it's amazing how many dups one can get but I still haven't pulled BP 126! A common.

Mike
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2017 1:32PM

That's a sweet display. Any other "got to have it" cards left that your family is pursuing? Can you even get boxes to rip at reasonable prices? Im sure your household can't wait until spring training. Just think of all the excitement not to long from now. And Im just a fan from afar.
    It was an awesome 2017 due to a great young man. Exactly what baseball needs to go along with Harper, Trout, etc. I think MLB is fine.

...and then I scroll up to Mike's. That's an awesome surprise to find.
    Your guys' collections of Judge are awesome. Thanks for sharing with those of us who missed the boat. Ha.

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

What an amazing end (Sept) to a great year.
    Soon to add ROY and MVP to 2017.
    Joe

• Options
    edited October 1, 2017 5:01PM

@seebelow said:
    That's a sweet display. Any other "got to have it" cards left that your family is pursuing? Can you even get boxes to rip at reasonable prices? Im sure your household can't wait until spring training. Just think of all the excitement not to long from now. And Im just a fan from afar.
    It was an awesome 2017 due to a great young man. Exactly what baseball needs to go along with Harper, Trout, etc. I think MLB is fine.

...and then I scroll up to Mike's. That's an awesome surprise to find.
    Your guys' collections of Judge are awesome. Thanks for sharing with those of us who missed the boat. Ha.

Thanks; looking forward to playoffs. There are two redemptions we're excited to receive, whenever Mr. Judge gets around to signing. I hope their playoff run makes that a long wait! One is his '87 Topps Chrome Auto and the other is the Heritage High # Auto Relic.

A few major Judge cards are likely lurking in packs, namely his Topps Chrome Auto Superfractor 1/, his Topps Chrome 1987 Auto Superfractor 1/1, and the black 1/1s of his Archives base #62 card and Rookie Star card.

In terms of other "got to have it" cards, the 1/1 Heritage #214 Superfractor hasn't surfaced for sale, though was pulled, and same for the Archives Gold FFA 1/1. One of the five Gold Heritage 214 cards was graded, yet has never been put up for sale, so three of the five of that card remain at large (possibly in packs). The three at large Heritage Flip Stocks may very well be in someone's common pile, as they are so subtle to detect.

Boxes for Topps Chrome, Archives, and Heritage are still very reasonable (Definitive and Dynasty not so much). Ripping is so much fun with the fam that there's always a box en route to the homestead lol.

• Options

Sweet display Matt. Great thing is some boxes have come down in price, and once the season is over I will probably grab some Heritage boxes to crack on Christmas Day.

• Options

@KendallCat said:
    Sweet display Matt. Great thing is some boxes have come down in price, and once the season is over I will probably grab some Heritage boxes to crack on Christmas Day.

Hiya Keith

I've had fun cracking boxes from Target and Walmart.

If anyone has done the Bowman set? I need BP 126 - it's a common.

We once had a Heritage discussion years ago that we thought that shortages of certain cards - "NOT" SP's might have been regional? Just a cool conspiracy theory - stuff of legends.

But, I still need the common!

Mike
  • Options
    Luke1989Luke1989 Posts: 136 ✭✭

I understand why judge is getting so much attention but isn't this just another ken Griffey jr when it comes to collecting? His cards will all be preserved and mass produced to where they are not even worth collecting for value increase?

• Options
    edited October 1, 2017 7:11PM

I am not collecting Judge for money, yet I don't see that as being the case at all, because his most limited cards are produced in quantities far less than the massive demand.

For example, only 68 Heritage Red Inks, only 5 Gold Heritage Refractors, 5 Flip Stocks, 10 Gray Backs, 125 Archives Bazooka Autos, the Gold bordered Definitive is numbered to 30, etc. And cards with colored borders such as the Archives FFA Red/25 routinely exit the pack with centering and corner issues like the original 83s. Then there's his Bowman XRC, which has the colored parallels of increasing rarity.

The collector base for those higher-end Judge cards will outstrip the supply. With respect to his base cards, yes, those are mass produced and will be well preserved.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I dont think anything could be close to matching the overproduction of the late 80's.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I guess the "Jury" is still out on "Judge" but here are a couple I had picked up. Hopefully he has a good career.

• Options

There are tons of Judge autos and base cards but like DM23HOF there will be plenty in high demand. Like the Heritage Red ink and even the blue. Heck even the base Variation is going to remain a super hot card in high grade if he continues to produce. Also like Griffey. You can buy a bunch of cheap RCs. Sub them and still profit. Huge demand for him, a power hitting ,record breaking, tape measure bomb hitting, home grown Yankee. Get out of here. If he wins titles he will be collected more than Griffey or Jeter.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Chicks dig the long ball... and so do dudes!

• Options
    edited November 29, 2017 6:01PM

Reeled in a major 1/1 whale for the Judge collection today! Stoked. Please forgive what appears to be an overzealous dust removal feature, hence the phantom "I" in the word, "MAGAZINE," lol.

• Options

That is awesome. I will eventually grab one of his base Archives autos I hope preferably the 1983 style

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2017 9:42AM

Congrats. Landing a 1/1 of Judge is no easy feat these days.

• Options

Just checked my "status" on my Judge auto redemption and it has "Request Sub"

There is NO substitute for a Judge Auto RC - plus I'm sure it means "they" choose a worthy substitute?

Have to give a call.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Just checked my "status" on my Judge auto redemption and it has "Request Sub"

There is NO substitute for a Judge Auto RC - plus I'm sure it means "they" choose a worthy substitute?

Have to give a call.

Same here. If I don't get a Judge, they are going to get a serious earful.

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2017 9:25PM

Just picked this up a few days ago. Going to be a gift for my father for Christmas.

For some reason, the inserted image is showing the code by not displaying. Attached it as well.

Joe

• Options
    edited December 7, 2017 8:49AM

Love that derby card.

Despite the daunting and demoralizing odds stated on the packs, lol, got the Black Rookie Star Auto in hand and can finally enjoy these two cards together.

Now to find the Gold FFA and Heritage Super. The Topps Chrome Super Auto wouldn't be too shabby, either. The black Archives base 1960 design 1/1 is also still lurking in a pack somewhere it seems...