Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I hear the coins are on their way!

I received a notice from USPS that they are on the way :)

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

I imagine @dcarr is experiencing writers-cramp (autograph-itus) after signing all of the those information inserts!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭

Nice Kotct medals...Can't wait to see mine. Just received the mailing email...Service Type: Registered Mail™.. :)

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was referring to his "MCMVI" (1906) Saint-Gaudens Winged Liberty,"DOUBLE EAGLE is on the way! :p:p:p:p

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please stop posting updates - it's costing me a lot of $$! :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
    edited April 11, 2018 12:05PM

Looking forward to my six-pack of D. Carr St. Gaudens pieces...and KOTCT Medals too!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Daniel Carr Medals on the way, KotCT Medals on the way....Christmas in April.

Got an idea there's going to be lots of new photos to look at soon on this thread.
    I'm interested in seeing the "special" medals Dan made for each Knight.

Post 'em when you get 'em.

• VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pair of Daniel's new MCMVI "Concepts" arrived today !

Dan Fan

Mine can't be too far away! Whoo-hoo!

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Voyageur said:
    Pair of Daniel's new MCMVI "Concepts" arrived today !

Sorry....getting confused with so many different ones being struck.... ;)
    How are these ordered? Under what description? I thought the ones with Roman numerals had the
    .999 silver on the reverse?
    And lastly, what is the mintage so far on them?

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2018 1:40PM

@coinsarefun said:

Sorry....getting confused with so many different ones being struck.... ;)
    How are these ordered? Under what description? I thought the ones with Roman numerals had the
    .999 silver on the reverse?
    And lastly, what is the mintage so far on them?

Here is the current mintage statistics:
    Winged Liberty: moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_gold_list.htm
    "1933" and "1934" Hard Times: moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_hard_times_list.htm

The ones that had counter-stamping on the sun rays all had a "1907" date and "TWENTY DOLLARS" on the reverse.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like one of every one of these

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Mine can't be too far away! Whoo-hoo!

Me too! Please post yours will you?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any pics of NT silver bimetallics?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • TeamDennisTeamDennis Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    I have the new KOTCT medals in hand. I am a huge fan of the 2-oz bimetallic and antiqued medals.

Crappy cellphone pic, I'll take some high-res photos later.

Are these available on the website?

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TeamDennis said:

@felinfoel said:
    I have the new KOTCT medals in hand. I am a huge fan of the 2-oz bimetallic and antiqued medals.

Crappy cellphone pic, I'll take some high-res photos later.

No. Only through Knights Of The Coin Table ( Australia) . For real

Some will end up up on the secondary market

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TeamDennis said:

@felinfoel said:
    I have the new KOTCT medals in hand. I am a huge fan of the 2-oz bimetallic and antiqued medals...

Not on Dan Carr's website. Only thru the KOTCT website.

The bad news is, the window for ordering the 2017 medals closed months ago.

The good news is, very soon you can order the 2018 medals. But first you must be a Knight. Membership is free: http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.org/

After you join, scroll down the KOTCT Home Page to the 2018 Medallion Quest.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

I like that Bi-Metal thats a sharp coin!

• drfishdrfish Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭

I received the population 1 1928 Broken Sword Peace Dollar!

I received the population 1 1928 Broken Sword Peace Dollar!

Same coin shot straight on

I received three of the .999 silver St Gaudens Hard Times tokens yesterday. Brass versions should arrive today.

edited April 12, 2018 7:44PM

Wow 2 gold pieces dang dawg! That looks nice! Lucky you the last one.

Out of stock
    Item Number: ASG_MCMVI_Au

I'm surprised he didn't advertise them as wire edge. Adds a little cache'.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Got mine in last night and got a few shots before my battery went dead. I'll recharge and post the others later.

I could not wait for mine. I was told it is now out of stock but do you think Dan will mint a few more?

@Paradisefound said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Got mine in last night and got a few shots before my battery went dead. I'll recharge and post the others later.

I could not wait for mine. I was told it is now out of stock but do you think Dan will mint a few more?

That's a good question, hopefully Dan will answer that.

Strange that my orders (apparently) left on the same day, but the silver ones arrived on Wednesday, but I have yet to see the Brass Hard Times Tokens...it may have taken a right turn at Albuquerque.

More pics people more pics! :p

edited April 13, 2018 11:44AM

@COCollector said:

@TeamDennis said:

@felinfoel said:
    I have the new KOTCT medals in hand. I am a huge fan of the 2-oz bimetallic and antiqued medals...

Not on Dan Carr's website. Only thru the KOTCT website.

The bad news is, the window for ordering the 2017 medals closed months ago.

The good news is, very soon you can order the 2018 medals. But first you must be a Knight. Membership is free: http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.org/

After you join, scroll down the KOTCT Home Page to the 2018 Medallion Quest.

UPDATES:
    -- You can place your order now for the 2018 medals: http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.org/index.php?topic=5701.0
    -- The 2018 Medal Quest will proceed very quickly: The order window closes April 30th.
    -- "The design will be of Daniel's creation." Hopefully we'll see a preliminary design before April 30th. But maybe not. Anyway, I'm guessing we might not see the final design before April 30th.

The design? Lots of discussion on the KOTCT site. Bottom line, I'm hoping Dan's design will be based on Pistrucci's original "Broken Spear" George-and-Dragon design -- especially because it's the 200th anniversary and as far as I could determine, the "Broken Spear" design has never been used on a silver coin.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

:p:p:p:p:p

edited April 13, 2018 3:03PM

I stand corrected: One of the 2017 KOTCT medals is still available ("quite a few" extras were ordered by KOTCT).

It's a Clad Ike Overstrike. Notice the obverse's background ghosting...

On my original order last year, these were a real bargain at only $14/each.

For current ordering info, contact KOTCT Forum Admin SirStacksALot.

Edit: All the KOTCT medals ship in a plastic flip; the used Air-tite pictured is a leftover from another project. Note that I cut out a small part of the black ring, so I can view the edge and confirm it's a clad coin.

Looking forward to seeing the 1933 silver DE's in person.

edited April 13, 2018 7:41PM

Okay time for me to post some pics. Nice Pic Bull wow!

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to thank Dan Carr for the bonus.
    :) What a token.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Nice pics twobit!

edited April 14, 2018 1:03PM

@Justacommeman said:
    The post office hasn’t been kind to me of late but I did have 3 packages waiting for me today

The gold piece is phenomenal and the bimetallics on the KOTCT medals are SUPER fun

Mark, you're going to have to get another trunk soon... :D
    Nice pieces, the gold is awesome.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bullsitter trunk #2 ready willing and able

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Sure like the 1933 DE's! :+1:

edited April 14, 2018 9:28PM

Dang Bull you got some talent there on your picture taking! One day I will get them aligned better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file